Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP All-State team
what about sam simpson?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:AP is a joke. Glad to see some Bobcats make it but nobody will remember except themselves in 10 years. They will however remember every play of the game on Saturday forever!!!!!

Still, Bobcat_Dad, our kids have worked hard for this special recognition, and I am exceedingly proud of them, as well as the remainder of this team, especially our senior class. What an exceptional group of young men - wonderful athletes and superior students!

I find it a bit funny that these teams always seem to slight some players, however. In our case, we had Shawnta Zachary, Spencer Greer, and Matt Raines overlooked, when they may actually be the teams 3 most valuable players, but due to the needs of the team, may not be playing the positions that would garner them the most glory, but further the team goals. Coach Hilton is correct when he speaks of the special qualities this team possesses.

Let's hope they work and earn the ultimate reward for their efforts tomorrow afternoon

GO BELL COUNTY BOBCATS!!!
u know its wrong when welch is just an honorable mention
I have no clue why Chase Richardson from JC wasn't in the mix....rediculous, he had a great year.
FBALL Wrote:Yeah, but he looked better in maroon and gold than green and gold. Smile

:thatsfunn
what about lawrence countys shane pack at punting
Congratulations Channing Fugate for your first team selection! You had a fabulous year and I am sure next year will be just as exciting! Breathitt county made the mountains proud in your effort against Central! Keep your head up...with your coaching staff and returning players, you will be back in the mix next year!

I wonder why Austin Delpont, the kicker for Hazard, received no mention. He sure made a big difference in many of our games!
B. Wise Wrote:Still, Bobcat_Dad, our kids have worked hard for this special recognition, and I am exceedingly proud of them, as well as the remainder of this team, especially our senior class. What an exceptional group of young men - wonderful athletes and superior students!

I find it a bit funny that these teams always seem to slight some players, however. In our case, we had Shawnta Zachary, Spencer Greer, and Matt Raines overlooked, when they may actually be the teams 3 most valuable players, but due to the needs of the team, may not be playing the positions that would garner them the most glory, but further the team goals. Coach Hilton is correct when he speaks of the special qualities this team possesses.

Let's hope they work and earn the ultimate reward for their efforts tomorrow afternoon

GO BELL COUNTY BOBCATS!!!
If you read the Middlesboro Article from their sports writer you will find that he was out of town....did not vote...and therefore Hunter Adams...probably Zachary, Greer would have gotten his vote for Honorable Mention...He could vote for Adams and one more Bell County player besides the Merrick kid at kicker he said in article. Only two per school.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No Hunter Adams?

Thats exactly what i was thinking..
2educated Wrote:Now that remains to be seen!

I will take nothing away from Fugate (congrats to him). He is a good player with nice size, good feet and speed, but he has seen nothing like the swarm of the Yellowjackets! This defense of Central's is the best in the state in 3A football.

Central's coach stated they will only play 6A teams next year (outside of their required district games) also to help prepare them for the chance of three-peating as state champs. Wonder what Breathitt will do to help them get ready for playoffs.:confused:
BellCoBobcat Wrote:If you read the Middlesboro Article from their sports writer you will find that he was out of town....did not vote...and therefore Hunter Adams...probably Zachary, Greer would have gotten his vote for Honorable Mention...He could vote for Adams and one more Bell County player besides the Merrick kid at kicker he said in article. Only two per school.

wow - taking a "sick day" - on a day that could possibly bring quite a bit of glory to the mountains...

and didn't even have enough sense to have someone else vote for him...

and people wonder why many Bell County residents don't read the Daily News... most of the local web forums are more up to date and informative!!!

Off the soapbox - it is a shame that Adams did not receive recognition on the all-state team, but as I stated, many times the best players on a team end up playing out of their natural position to further team goals.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:2 bad our one offensive all state player can carry all 3 of centrals all state defensive players on his back.

yes sir. that why you guys layed the smack down on them in louisville.