Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best HS RB From Kentucky Ever???
Shaun Alexander, 110 (54 of which were in his senior season) career HS touchdowns and 2005 NFL MVP is hard to argue with.
Doug Howard was a beast.
shawn alexander
I don't know about the best ever...probably is Alexander. But Belfry has sure produced a lot of good backs lately through all their state title runs! As far as current backs go Whitley Co. has got some of the best in the state this year. Jones and Powers both rushed for over 1,000 this year. That's incredible for two backs from the same school, in the same season. I'm sure there is other backs at other schools with over 1,000. But when you have two, that means they're sharing the number of carries and still got it done! That's pretty awesome!
Shaun Alexander hands down IMO.
I think some of you should look up the name Paul Hornung. I mean its the Paul Hornung Award that we've all come to know as the Mr Football award.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hornung
bflc15 Wrote:I don't know about the best ever...probably is Alexander. But Belfry has sure produced a lot of good backs lately through all their state title runs! As far as current backs go Whitley Co. has got some of the best in the state this year. Jones and Powers both rushed for over 1,000 this year. That's incredible for two backs from the same school, in the same season. I'm sure there is other backs at other schools with over 1,000. But when you have two, that means they're sharing the number of carries and still got it done! That's pretty awesome!

Belfry (Lee and Varney) and Johnson Central (Dillon and Richardson) also accomplished this feat this season.

In 2005, Belfry had three different 1000 yard rushers on the same team (Matt Maynard, Dustin May, Corey Chapman).
TRAIN85 Wrote:From Pikeville: Brent Coleman, Steve Bailey, Greg Hackney, Barrett Rogers, and Daniel Harmon just to name a few. There are still way too many others from Pikeville to name.

Are you seriously kiddin me how are u going to put Daniel Harmon in the catagory of the best ever to come out of Kentucky and put him in the same catagory as Saun Alexander who was a NFL MVP are u seriousCool
alexander
Just a few good high school RBs from my days that have not been mentioned, know they are not the best, but were great high school running backs.

Scott Russel - Evarts

Patrick Harris - KSD

Jeremy Simpson - Lincoln County