Poll: And the winner is?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley Co
17.54%
Highlands
82.46%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Whitley County (5A Semi-Finals)
I dont see why, or how, everyone is saying highlands will 'win big'
how many of you all have actually saw whitley play this year?
They're not the team they were last year, or many years before that. This is the best team I think whitley has ever had. No one seems to respect that.
Highlands !!! But not the team I would like to see win!!!
Highlands!
ryandamaste5 Wrote:It's not so much pass blocking as it is honoring the screen, which Highlands loves...

Thats where JC messed up. If we had rushed the tackles and the mike linebacker and left the nose, def end, and other linebacker to honor the screen and dump pass, The other def end has outside contain and the dbs do their thing then JC would have won the game. They didn't pressure the qb like they should have.

I feel very confident in stating that if you only rushed the two tackles and the mike linebacker you would not have put pressure on Highlands QB. As previously mentioned by someone, Cinti Colerain did not get much pressure on Highlands and they were bringing 4 or 5 on every pass play. Highlands pass blocks extremely well. When opposing teams over commit to put pressure on the QB is when Highlands starts using the screen. Then they start trapping the defensive linemen working too hard to get upfield to put pressure on the qb and run the ball underneath. To be honest, you can't bring a bunch of players to put pressure on the qb, defend the screen and also defend the medium and deep passes (unless you have 13 players on the field). Perhaps Whitley will be able to put pressure bringing only 3 or 4, still be able to defend the screen and defend Highlands very capable receivers. But if they do, they will be the first team to do that all year (including Colerain). This isn't Highlands first trip to the rodeo so to speak so they have a lot of experience dealing with teams that aggressively pass rush.

Because of Highlands very multi dimensional offense, they take what the Defense gives. We knew that JC was going to put its best defender on Collinsworth, used Collinsworth as a decoy and kept him on sideline routes and then exploited the deep open middle. It was in the game plan all week.
Whitley's got this on all the way,..Highlands are already scared to death of us,..and its not even close to kick off time yet.

we got this one in the bag.
its all over Highlands....sorry.
Highlands are comein to our house.

GO COLONELS!!!!!:1:
Colonels54 Wrote:Highlands are already scared to death of us

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
why would highlands be scared of anyone? go pirates
sports-fan08 Wrote:I dont see why, or how, everyone is saying highlands will 'win big'
how many of you all have actually saw whitley play this year?
They're not the team they were last year, or many years before that. This is the best team I think whitley has ever had. No one seems to respect that.

I haven't saw Whitley or seen them for that matter...but Highlands will kill them in a blowout.
Colonels54 Wrote:Whitley's got this on all the way,..Highlands are already scared to death of us,..and its not even close to kick off time yet.

What ever in the world gave you that idea.Rolleyes
walkm0ke Wrote:I haven't saw Whitley or seen them for that matter...but Highlands will kill them in a blowout.

If you haven't saw either team play, how can you say who will win?
I'm not saying Whitley WILL win. I just think they can. And even if they lose, it won't be a blowout, as you say.
Colonels54 Wrote:Whitley's got this on all the way,..Highlands are already scared to death of us,..and its not even close to kick off time yet.

Highlands played alot better teams than Whitley this year and every year! I can guarentee you that they are not afraid of you. Ft Thomas kids start in elementary school thinking the can beat anybody. They will respect you, but never afraid or think they will get beat.
highlands will give whitley all the want

highlands 38

Whitley16
Highlands big
Highlands 24 @ Whitley County 30

The home field will make the difference.
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:Highlands 24 @ Whitley County 30

The home field will make the difference.

The only way the home field will make a difference is if Whitley brings out the local fire dept. and waters down the field.
walkm0ke Wrote:The only way the home field will make a difference is if Whitley brings out the local fire dept. and waters down the field.

The pretty boys from Highlands don't like to get dirty. It will have an effect. What may have more of an effect is a dose of "stick it down your throat" football. It may not be enough but this game will be decided by a touchdown or less.
Whitley is as good, if not better, that JC is. This game won't be a blowout.
Highlands can be beat by a Kentucky team, Bryan Station gave them a scare. Good luck to Whitley. Will be at the John Hardin/Christian County game Friday.
Highlands will blow them out 42-0
Is it Friday yet?:Thumbs:

Actually, having to deal with the Super at Whitely this week concerning the game, he seems very nice and very accommodating. Looking forward to meeting him and others from Whitely.

Good luck to both, but GO BIRDS
Just noticed on the Massey ratings that Highlands is ranked 2nd in scheduling behind Cov. Cath. that had a brutal schedule and Whitely was ranked 18th.

Just an interesting tid bit.
Highlands
So I read earlier about how people from Highlands always respect the other team. But theres some rumors going around that they're supposed to be bringing like 6 buses to the game Friday. They're supposed to get there early and fill up the visitor bleachers, then fill up the home bleachers for the Whitley fans.
I think its great that the fans are coming to support, but seriously, taking over the Whitley bleachers?
That doesn't sound like 'respect' to me.
Is there even any truth to this?
Let's See What Highlands Can Do With 23 And 33. Lcchs Could Not Get Around These Two Speed Demons. Highlands 21 Whitley 28.
sports-fan08 Wrote:So I read earlier about how people from Highlands always respect the other team. But theres some rumors going around that they're supposed to be bringing like 6 buses to the game Friday. They're supposed to get there early and fill up the visitor bleachers, then fill up the home bleachers for the Whitley fans.
I think its great that the fans are coming to support, but seriously, taking over the Whitley bleachers?

HHS had six buses at the JC game, three for the team and three for the fans. There was also alot of people who drove down on their own. At JC they had the visitor bleachers just about filled, but I do not know how their stands compare to the size of yours. I am sure they will have a good turn out again. I do not expect as big of crowd for two reasons though. One is that alot of people were off work last Friday due to holiday and decided to drive down. Two , I do not think people are expecting this to be as good a game as last week. HHS dismantled the team from your district last year and I think alot of people are expecting a 3 or more td victory. Filling up the stands is not disrespectfull, it is just called a strong following. I would think people in that part of the state would be excited to see a team like HHS, and come to the game early too. Good Luck and looking forward to a good game.
sports-fan08 Wrote:So I read earlier about how people from Highlands always respect the other team. But theres some rumors going around that they're supposed to be bringing like 6 buses to the game Friday. They're supposed to get there early and fill up the visitor bleachers, then fill up the home bleachers for the Whitley fans.

This week there are three team buses and two fan buses. Alot of things came into play last week with the Highlands fans travel such as family home for the Holiday and wanting to see a game and many not having work on Friday. Highlands may not have as many this week. Also I did notice at last weeks game there were people on the visitors side from other schools like Ashland.

I really don't know why you would be upset if visiting fans would sit on the home side. At Highlands, everyone sits on one side. The visitors are across the isle from the home team. Not a big deal. Some schools have such bad visitors bleachers, (Lex Cath. , Dixie) the people that really just want to watch the game will go over to the home side to watch the game.

From the game films I have seen the visitors stand look decent. Not as big as Johnson Central but big enough and especially (from the way it looked on film) high enough to be able to see the game.
sstack Wrote:HHS had six buses at the JC game, three for the team and three for the fans. There was also alot of people who drove down on their own. At JC they had the visitor bleachers just about filled, but I do not know how their stands compare to the size of yours. I am sure they will have a good turn out again. I do not expect as big of crowd for two reasons though. One is that alot of people were off work last Friday due to holiday and decided to drive down. Two , I do not think people are expecting this to be as good a game as last week. HHS dismantled the team from your district last year and I think alot of people are expecting a 3 or more td victory. Filling up the stands is not disrespectfull, it is just called a strong following. I would think people in that part of the state would be excited to see a team like HHS, and come to the game early too. Good Luck and looking forward to a good game.

I didn't say I was upset that they were coming. Actually I said it was cool.
But the 'rumors' are that they were planning to get there before the whitley fans so the whitley fans wouldn't have anywhere to sit.
I dont think this is all the way true though. I do expect them to have a pretty big fan base. Our visitor side is pretty big, and has been filled up at quite a few games. But I just thought it was a little rude if they had planned on taking all the seats. But like I said, I think someone exaggerated.
sports-fan08 Wrote:I didn't say I was upset that they were coming. Actually I said it was cool.
But the 'rumors' are that they were planning to get there before the whitley fans so the whitley fans wouldn't have anywhere to sit.
I dont think this is all the way true though. I do expect them to have a pretty big fan base. Our visitor side is pretty big, and has been filled up at quite a few games. But I just thought it was a little rude if they had planned on taking all the seats. But like I said, I think someone exaggerated.

The fan buses may get there early but we plan on tailgating alittle before the game. Usually we make the trip and pack food and that is most everyones dinner before the game. I really don't think your going to have Highlands fans packing the stands at 5:30 but you may have some hanging around the buses eating. Never like to watch football on an empty stomach.Big Grin
tradition Wrote:The fan buses may get there early but we plan on tailgating alittle before the game. Usually we make the trip and pack food and that is most everyones dinner before the game. I really don't think your going to have Highlands fans packing the stands at 5:30 but you may have some hanging around the buses eating. Never like to watch football on an empty stomach.Big Grin

Haha, good point. When i heard people talking about it earlier, I didn't think it was all the way true. I kinda said what you said, they were gonna get there a little early, but not just to steal our seats.
I like to go hangout before games too. Its a fun time. Heck, maybe if the highlands fans are nice enough we can hang together. Haha, jk.