Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Wildcat Basketball Player?
jgrubby Wrote:Kenny Walker...the man could jump to the moon.....Hey, Fball, what is a outgraph?
My guess would be a typo.

By the way, its FBALL. All caps. Come on at least get the name right.

See, I can do it too.:moon:
Andre Riddick would probably be my second favorite. One of the funniest guys I've ever met.
Past- Delk, Prince, Azabuiki, Mercer,Sheppeard

This year- Harrelson by far
Past: Rondo and Prince
Current: Patterson and Meeks
There have been so many great ones at UK that it is nearly impossible to pick just one. IMO, it is impossible to be a UK basketball fan and not have a special place in your heart for the "Unforgettables". You also have Rex Chapman, Kenny Walker (any earlier than this and I'm too young to remember), Jamal Mashburn, Ron Mercer, Jeff Shepherd, Tayshaun Prince and the list can go on forever. However, if I had to pick just one, I would pick Travis Ford. I loved the way he played the game. To me, he epitimized what college basketball is all about.
I liked watching Derrik Anderson. He could jump out of the gym and was just a great all around player. Tayshaun Price when he hit all those threes in a row. Ron Mercer could do whatever he wanted with the ball and could take you when he wanted. I could go on and on. The player I like to watch on this years team would have to be Miller, he looks like he is so smooth out there on the court. Patterson is a beast, thats all that needs to be said for him. Harrelson is going to be awesome when he and Patterson become closure and become able to know what the others tendencays. Liggins is going to be a great point guard for us and I like to see him out there handeling the ball instead of Porter.
My favorite player all time is Jeff Sheppard. In 95 I was at the rick Pitino basketball camp. Towards the end of camp they had a one on one challenge camp wide. Hundreds of kids, probably over 4 or 5 hundred kids. I had already played my way into the final four and was awaiting for the rest of the games to finish up, which took about an hour. So I was sent over to the side to chill. Well sitting there was Jeff, and he started chatting me up about getting into the final four. My first opponent was Pitino's own kid, I think his name was Richie, not sure but I think thats what it was. So he was giving me some pointers and stuff and just overall being real cool. Sat and talked to him him for awhile, probably 20-30 mins. Ya know being in 6th grade I was uber excited about that. I used some of the tips he gave me and beat Richie, holding him scoreless, and then went on to play this kid from Arkansas who was an absoloute beast, I wish I could remember his name because Im sure he played ball somewhere recently. He was an 8th grader and could dunk, I was just in 6th. However, I only lost by two to him, it was just one of those days where I couldn't hardly miss.

That was my first real up close personal experience with a player, and Sheppard was a real nice guy and since then he has always been my favorite all time player for UK. Other than him, I'd have to say the Monster Mash is my next fav.
My favorite Tayshaun Prince moment was him hitting 5 threes in a row against UNC to start the game for the cats.. the 5th one was crazy
past- Louie Dampier and Jeff Brassow
present- Harrelson
i would either go patrick patterson or jordan lopez
Rondo, Prince and Patterson.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
for me mashburn, mccarthy, sheppard, walker, turner,delk, prince, rondo definitely not saw smith or Good 'ol morris
just like to add if you can shoot especially 3's everyone in Ky will luv does everyone agree? Meeks sweet shot and even harrellson showed off a little bit the other night. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!
FBALL Wrote:My guess would be a typo.

By the way, its FBALL. All caps. Come on at least get the name right.

See, I can do it too.:moon:
Guess, I'm not to good with outgraphs then.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Past: Jamal Mashburn, Walter McCarty, Scott Padgett, Chuck Hayes, Travis Ford, Tony Delk

Present: Patterson, Harrellson, Liggins, and Meeks
Allen Edwards, Erik Daniels, Tay Prince,Patterson
Travis Ford is my least favorite.
You know....You don't realize how many youngsters there are on here till you look at all these replies....lol
Past: Rondo, Azibuike, PRINCE, Sheppard, Bogans
Present: Meeks, Patterson, Stevenson
Chuck Hayes. Tayshaun Prince, Patrick Sparks
Mashburn, Chapman, Ford
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Micheal Porter

Just playing. Prince was fun to watch.
Tony Delk is by far my favorite ever. My favorite player from this year's team would have to be DeAndre Liggins.
Past: Definatly Tony Delk

Current: Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson and Deandre Liggens
DeAndre Liggins

the freshman from Chicago, Ill.

he's the best on the team besides Patterson and Meeks.
PAST: Tayshaun Prince. My reason the five 3's in a row he hit aginst Carolina back when UK could still play with UNC.

NOW: Patrick Patterson/ Landon Slone. My reason for Landon is because I watched him for 4 years and watched him put up 35 on Jeffersontown in March. Paterson is just a beast.
My all-time favorite player at UK has got to be Chuck Hayes. No one had more heart than him
My Favorites have to be Prince, Hayes, Bogans, Sparks, and Patterson
Sparks
flordia_fan15 Wrote:DeAndre Liggins

the freshman from Chicago, Ill.

he's the best on the team besides Patterson and Meeks.

im sorry but he is not the third best in the team as of right now.... BUT if he can settle down and play the kind of basketball he can play then he might be fourth, because Perry Stevenson has been a beast down low blocking everything he can get to