Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County Engineers
51.81%
Breathitt County Bobcats
48.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County @ Breathitt County (3A 3rd Round)
I'll take Breathitt....GO BOBCATS!!!
I know much about either team so I guess I will, Go with Estill.
As far as #28 for the bobcats,,awsome football player.
If Estill shuts him down they will win BIG.
If people want to see a great game, they need to make this one. This will be the best game in state.
I love it when people say that Breathitt is going to get beaten. The game earlier in the year was a great game. They shut us down and we did the same to them. This time around I think that it will be alot harder to shut us down, we are hitting our stride at the right time in the playoffs and our defense is coming into this game fired up and ready to go. We are one of a few teams that has held the Engineers offense in check and I think our defense can do it agian.
NIECE Wrote:Too close to call! Good luck Estill!

Hey Niece, Didn't you used to coach at Estill and Powell?
Breathitt 26- Estill-19. I think Breathitt has too much running game. Its like when you think you got them stopped C.F. goes to the races.
I heard you were a really good coach and knew the game. Why were you not back at Powell this season? Just curious
Belfry0304 Wrote:I don't know anything about Estill, but I hope to see Channing Fugate rolling up into the CAM next weekend.

Are You sure they will be going to the CAM
C.Clair Wrote:I love it when people say that Breathitt is going to get beaten. The game earlier in the year was a great game. They shut us down and we did the same to them. This time around I think that it will be alot harder to shut us down, we are hitting our stride at the right time in the playoffs and our defense is coming into this game fired up and ready to go. We are one of a few teams that has held the Engineers offense in check and I think our defense can do it agian.

Probably like it as much when people say that "their" team is going to be beaten. Now, you do and hopefully will admit, that, the previous matchup was a GREAT game and more than likely, this is going to be an even BETTER game. And also, whoever does win this game, more than likely, they will be deserving of the win. It really don't matter who says what....all I know is, THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME GAME!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!!

GO ESTILL
Belfry0304 Wrote:I don't know anything about Estill, but I hope to see Channing Fugate rolling up into the CAM next weekend.

I would hope for that too after beating a much better Breathitt team 62-28 last year.
Estill can shut Breathitt down. They already proved that in the regular season. The only time Breathitt scored was on defense. Ben Benedict can run all over them and so can Kenton Roberts. It's not going to be a good game, Estill will probably win by at least by 2 touchdowns. Watch out Breathitt.
Yeah Cheerdad I agree with you. That was one heck of a game. I wasnt there to watch it due to a train derailing but I listened to it and I would have loved to be there. I see this game being alot more offensive though.
Better watch out Channing will eat up Estill's Defense.
TC Card Wrote:Better watch out Channing will eat up Estill's Defense.

Estill has proved that they can stop Channing. But they had better keep a tab in #80. He stepped it up in the 1st half against Harlan. Had 3 long TD passes and dropped one.
Going with them Bobcats now don't get me wrong them Estill co.fellers are pretty tough but the Bobcats will win.
Estill is looking 4 payback, they didnt want that 1 loss, And if u recall Breathitt only scored cuz we fumbled.. we hold on to the ball. Play the same game. Estill is undefeated still. But i say Estill in this game by a td or field goal.
Look guys and girls, that game was already played and is already over and has been for awhile. That game had a great story line and was one of the best games I have seen! This game will be alot different, this game will have its own story line. Saying this happend and that happened doesnt do anything for this game. This game will play out differently than the first period. I mean both teams could come out flat and it could be a horrible game. I guess that is why we play the games.
Baseballkid10 Wrote:Estill is looking 4 payback, they didnt want that 1 loss, And if u recall Breathitt only scored cuz we fumbled.. we hold on to the ball. Play the same game. Estill is undefeated still. But i say Estill in this game by a td or field goal.
So many excuses....GEEEESH! It could also be looked @ that Breathitt could have scored on several different plays had they caught the ball or blocked....It does not matter, that game is over and Breathitt scored more than Estill did and has the W. This game is a lot more important and both teams will be prepared, it will be a show! Breathitt by 14, but Estill is capable of winning...........
Twitter: @tc_analytics

If that is all Estill can hold on to is playing Breathitt close then that is good. They still lost!!! Breathitt has improved alot since the first time they played. I think it will be a good game, but lets move on from playing Breathitt close and losing to say winnning by 2td's or more.
Estill will win this game. Coach Jones is a good coach. He will have Estill Co reald to play. Estill will win by 2 TDS.
C.Clair Wrote:Look guys and girls, that game was already played and is already over and has been for awhile. That game had a great story line and was one of the best games I have seen! This game will be alot different, this game will have its own story line. Saying this happend and that happened doesnt do anything for this game. This game will play out differently than the first period. I mean both teams could come out flat and it could be a horrible game. I guess that is why we play the games.

I agree 100% well put.:thumpsup:
MR. NOBODY Wrote:I agree 100% well put.:thumpsup:

Except for the part when he completely contradicted himself by saying in an earlier post that he couldn't be there and then saying it was one of the best games he's seen.
Estill will be a different kind of "ENGINE" than Breathitt has faced since their first meeting. Estill cannot get over confident after putting 73 on Taylor county.
F.N.L. Wrote:I heard you were a really good coach and knew the game. Why were you not back at Powell this season? Just curious

Personal reasons! I have seen mentioned that Beder might be Powell's next defensive coordinator, is there's leaving?
brain cramp Wrote:Coach Chapman's defense will be ready and Fugate, Haddix and company are rolling.

Breathitt - 35
Estill - 14

It better. They looked confused the whole first half against Harlan Co.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I thought "bear-crawling" was not a legal move in high school...........I may be wrong, can someone help with that rule?

Rockcastle Co. turned it into an art form back in the day... Wink
i dont think this years breahitt team is better than the one that got beat bad last year at the cam
I know bear crawling use to be common on offense...but I was talking about defense. By bear crawling you are eliminating the strength factor up front. It keeps the offensive line off of the linebackers. Forces a power offense to run more outside than they would like to. With linebackers like Scott Bailey(who also moves down to defensive line), Dusty Allen, and Dakota Richie, who are all athletic if Breathitt's defensive line bear crawls it will keep the offensive line off the linebackers allowing them to play more freely. Leslie county done this in 2007 against breathitt in the playoffs. Breathitt beat Leslie in the regular season 20-6, in the playoffs they lost 28-14. I really believe that bear crawling would help breathitt stop a smash mouth offensive team.
TC Card Wrote:Better watch out Channing will eat up Estill's Defense.

were do you get you imfo? are you saying that Estill can score? lets see 73 points last week and you think we cant score.
courtdog Wrote:were do you get you imfo? are you saying that Estill can score? lets see 73 points last week and you think we cant score.
WinkTaylor County is not Breathitt, not by a long shot.....I am willing to bet that Estill does not score half that much this week..........
Twitter: @tc_analytics