N. Dillon to 25, 1st and 10
schs_06 Wrote:7-0 Belfry

6-0..missed XP
schs_06 Wrote:True That:moon:

right back at yaSmile
Richardson to 50, 1st and 10 with just over a minute left
Back to back incompletions and 4 yard loss on reverse, 4th and 14
EKUAlum05 Wrote:6-0..missed XP

Yea I seen it after I posted, then I changed it.
How's the crowd there EKU?
END OF HALF
Belfry 6
JC 0
Mama Bear Wrote:How's the crowd there EKU?

Championship atmosphere according to radio
Wierd call.. illegal procedure on the kneel down...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Championship atmosphere according to radio

I bet it is.
Belfry D playing big and Pirates moving ball well on offense..
JC seems to be playing very tight and seem to be caught off guard that their running game is not clicking.
I would say we see Matney open up the playbook a little in the 2nd half. Granted he should in no way abandon the run. The running game for JC seems to be working a little better and IMO they should wear Belfry down some towards the 4th quarter.
I am impressed with Belfry. Way to go Pirates!!! Be ready for the JC adjustments!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Belfry recovers squib at 46.. 1st and 10
jgrubby Wrote:I am impressed with Belfry. Way to go Pirates!!! Be ready for the JC adjustments!

Yep, could be some major adjustments for JC on offense but Belfry should make some adjustments of their own to open up the offense a little. I would have never ever expected JC to be shut out at the half in this one. I expect a much better JC team in the 2nd half.
3 and out after belfry starts running outside.. JC is not giving up anything on the corners
EKUAlum05 Wrote:3 and out after belfry starts running outside.. JC is not giving up anything on the corners

Not a very good halftime adjustment for the Pirates. Why do you start running outside when you know that is the strength of the opposing defense?
JC starting tod rive, 1st and 10 at own 40
Another 1st Down run by ranton, JC playing power football
Dillon to 38..1st and 10..Belfry calls timeout to regroup.. major drive by JC
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Dillon to 38..1st and 10..Belfry calls timeout to regroup.. major drive by JC

The enormous defensive effort by the Pirates in the 1st half could have tired them out a little. They need someone to step up and make a big play.
Big play as Dennis Dillon keeps and gets first down on 3rd and 6
Branton to 10.. 1st and 10
Touchdown Jc, Kick Good
Jc 7
Belfry 0
Scratch original game plan and switch to "running it down their throat". Worked pretty well on that drive.
Back to ridind Dotson, 1st and 10 to 47
Belfry makes critical error on 3rd and 2..Lee has first down but elkins pulls it out and options to varney and they lose 2 yards
4th and 4
END OF 3RD QUARTER
JC 7
Belfry 6
Fake Punt, lee takes it for first down to 41.