Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina 24 - Kentucky 17
RavenBoy Wrote:Anyone who says Hartline is a good QB now dont know much about football.
That would be doesn't know.

By the way, Hartline could be a good QB.
FBALL Wrote:That would be doesn't know.

By the way, Hartline could be a good QB.
I also think he could be. They have the talent to be a very effective offense. You would think after 6 games, things would start improving a little. But I do think Hartline has the ability to be a good quarterback, but for whatever reason, we just haven't seen that ability yet.
The average snaps per game, per team is around 70 for college football. SC ran 71 plays and UK ran 65.

As much as some might not want to face it, this is UK not USC (southern cal)There is going to be rebuilding/adjusting more here then at some other places. The rec are not helping and without them stepping up it is going to be tough to run it.
I Also Agree Fball The D-fense Wwas On The Field To Long And That A Receiver Needs Step Up!!! Any News On Dickie Lyons Jr.
Season. Is. Over.
dart devil Wrote:Any News On Dickie Lyons Jr.
I read that someone had spoke to Dicky and HE expects to play soon, I'm guessing 2-3 weeks, maybe sooner. But we all know how much heart he has, he may be getting ahead of himself.
I read another report that said the early diagnosis was a torn MCL, which would mean no Dicky for 3-4, maybe 5 weeks. They plan to do a MRI tomorrow, after the swelling goes down.
With him and Ford out, someone needs to step up and do something for this offense.

Just a note about Cobb at QB...I read a quote by Joker Phillips. "Randall's a playmaker. We need to get the ball in his hands. We probably have to use him (at quarterback) a little more so we can have him touch the ball on every play." QB mix-up in the making?
BCF4L Wrote:Hartline sucks, Joker Phillips sucks, our corners suck, our offensive line sucks, our receivers suck, and our running backs suck. The only thing good about this Kentucky team is our defensive front four.

Come on. I know you're upset about losing the game, but you can't really believe all that. "Our corners suck" ? Really? That's kind of a blanket statement to make, ever heard of Trevard Lindley? He practically gave us 7 points yesterday with an amazing play where he stripped the ball away from the receiver, then ran it back for the TD. Plus, you will notice that Carolina rarely threw at whomever he was covering. On the other hand, David Jones and Robbie McAtee were picked on alot.

And there is more to this team than our stellar front four. For one, we have a solid if not spectacular, linebacking corps led by Micah Johnson and Braxton Kelly. We have a solid safety in Marcus McClinton. We have a big-time weapon in the foot of Tim Masthay, who routinely booms most kickoffs and punts. And we have a couple of dangerous offensive weapons in Derrick Locke and Randall Cobb.

Like FBALL said, the sky is not falling. Even without Dicky Lyons, there is enough talent on this team to win 8 games, which would land them in a good bowl game. Arkansas, Miss. St., Vandy, and Tennessee are all beatable, and I think we should expect to win at least three of those games.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Come on. I know you're upset about losing the game, but you can't really believe all that. "Our corners suck" ? Really? That's kind of a blanket statement to make, ever heard of Trevard Lindley? He practically gave us 7 points yesterday with an amazing play where he stripped the ball away from the receiver, then ran it back for the TD. Plus, you will notice that Carolina rarely threw at whomever he was covering. On the other hand, David Jones and Robbie McAtee were picked on alot.

And there is more to this team than our stellar front four. For one, we have a solid if not spectacular, linebacking corps led by Micah Johnson and Braxton Kelly. We have a solid safety in Marcus McClinton. We have a big-time weapon in the foot of Tim Masthay, who routinely booms most kickoffs and punts. And we have a couple of dangerous offensive weapons in Derrick Locke and Randall Cobb.

Like FBALL said, the sky is not falling. Even without Dicky Lyons, there is enough talent on this team to win 8 games, which would land them in a good bowl game. Arkansas, Miss. St., Vandy, and Tennessee are all beatable, and I think we should expect to win at least three of those games.
I don't care if we win only 1 of those game, I just want to beat the socks off of Tennessee.Big Grin
Jshort5 Wrote:I don't care if we win only 1 of those game, I just want to beat the socks off of Tennessee.Big Grin

Beating Tennessee would be nice, but we need at least 2 wins to go bowling...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was in attendance for this one and it was bad to watch. Not really much to say that has already been said, Hartline couldnt throw a pass to any of the receivers, and when he did make a nice pass the WR's would drop it. Tough to lose Lyons for the year he was the goto guy. Defense played well again, but SC converted big time on 3rd down late and as much as I hate to say it, great move by the ball coach to bring in Garcia to bring in Smelley(who stunk). Another loss that should have been a win for UK. Never fails.
More Cowbell Wrote:Beating Tennessee would be nice, but we need at least 2 wins to go bowling...

Hopefully should get that v.s. Arkansas.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I also think he could be. They have the talent to be a very effective offense. You would think after 6 games, things would start improving a little. But I do think Hartline has the ability to be a good quarterback, but for whatever reason, we just haven't seen that ability yet.

What in the world have you seen out of him that would make you think he could be a good QB? I have seen nothing.
More Cowbell Wrote:Come on. I know you're upset about losing the game, but you can't really believe all that. "Our corners suck" ? Really? That's kind of a blanket statement to make, ever heard of Trevard Lindley? He practically gave us 7 points yesterday with an amazing play where he stripped the ball away from the receiver, then ran it back for the TD. Plus, you will notice that Carolina rarely threw at whomever he was covering. On the other hand, David Jones and Robbie McAtee were picked on alot.

Let me restate. I didn't mean Lindley. I should have said every corner besides Lindley. That's my mistake. But as for everyone else, they are just terrible. I haven't seen David Jones make a play all year, and whoever #36 was (can't remember his name), they picked on him all day and rightfully so. He doesn't need to be in there.
BCF4L Wrote:Let me restate. I didn't mean Lindley. I should have said every corner besides Lindley. That's my mistake. But as for everyone else, they are just terrible. I haven't seen David Jones make a play all year, and whoever #36 was (can't remember his name), they picked on him all day and rightfully so. He doesn't need to be in there.

OK, fair enough. I'll agree with you that there is a big drop-off after Lindley. I really root for David Jones, being that he went to H.S. at Belfry and I like to see local guys do well. But he is not an SEC-caliber starting corner, maybe a nickel guy. Same goes for Robbie McAtee. I hope that the only reason Jones is starting is due to his experience (and the backups' lack thereof), because if he is really the second-most talented corner UK has, we're in trouble.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
if the offense would step up we could be pretty good. to bad we lost dickey for the year...
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:You Hartline fans are out of your minds. The guy just flat out cant play. The reason the receivers cant catch is because he makes it impossible with horrible throws. Special teams, pass coverage, offensive line, and Hartline are the big weaknesses on this team and as long as Brooks doesnt do anything to correct the problem, things are going to continue this way. I honestly dont see them winning any of the last 6 SEC games, not with Hartline at QB anyway.

I agree 100% with this....this season is over