Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Lane Classic Field Completed
I heard that Shelby Valley had the option to play Scott Co. in this event?
Is this true? As a coach why would you not want to expose your
players and school to that kind of opportunity. It is only a scrimmage.
As a player I would have loved to get that opportunity.
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:I heard that Shelby Valley had the option to play Scott Co. in this event?

Maybe because they didn't want some of the fans on here that think SV is state title material to see a beatdown of biblical porportions.........That would be my guess. However I think it would put things in perspective. I for one would love to see the Justice/Jackson matchup!!Wink
letthebighogroot Wrote:Maybe because they didn't want some of the fans on here that think SV is state title material to see a beatdown of biblical porportions.........That would be my guess. However I think it would put things in perspective. I for one would love to see the Justice/Jackson matchup!!Wink

So would I because then everyone would see that Elisha can play with any point guard in this state.
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:I heard that Shelby Valley had the option to play Scott Co. in this event?

Don't know if that is true or not, but I do know that SV doesn't shy away from competition. Their first 4 games this year are Dunbar, Henry Clay, Ashland Blazer, and Walton, GA.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Don't know if that is true or not, but I do know that SV doesn't shy away from competition. Their first 4 games this year are Dunbar, Henry Clay, Ashland Blazer, and Walton, GA.

Did they decide to play a scrimmage in Rupp instead of at SC?

I would play the scrimmage at Rupp before playing anyone a SC.
NEXT Wrote:Did they decide to play a scrimmage in Rupp instead of at SC?

I would play the scrimmage at Rupp before playing anyone a SC.

I think so. I would love to see them play at SC, but Rupp would probably be more beneficial in the long run if they make it to State.
I'm sorry to say this because I know the reaction of most, but after seeing Elisha holding his own in that video from UK pick-up games, I don't need to see Elisha play against anyone else to know that he is one of the best in the state.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Maybe because they didn't want some of the fans on here that think SV is state title material to see a beatdown of biblical porportions.........That would be my guess. However I think it would put things in perspective. I for one would love to see the Justice/Jackson matchup!!Wink

Somebody sounds jealous... Smile
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm sorry to say this because I know the reaction of most, but after seeing Elisha holding his own in that video from UK pick-up games, I don't need to see Elisha play against anyone else to know that he is one of the best in the state.

I agree with the Justice and Jackson matchup being a good one. Considering Jenkins went for 34 points on Jackson this summer. Should be fun to watch all the games.
The King Wrote:Somebody sounds jealous... Smile

What is it I sound jealous of exactly?????
BUHoops Wrote:I agree with the Justice and Jackson matchup being a good one. Considering Jenkins went for 34 points on Jackson this summer. Should be fun to watch all the games.

I agree, seeing how Jenkings is a shooting guard, and with your statement you are basically saying that Justice has the scoring/shooting potential that Jenkins does................HILARIOUS! Jackson would abuse Justice, on both sides of the ball. I would love to see Jackson post Justice up time after time and throw it down on SV and their fans, who judging by most of the posts on here have never watched a basketball game outside of Pike county, or in most cases outside of SV's home gym.. Would be a real eye opener for some of these kids!
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree, seeing how Jenkings is a shooting guard, and with your statement you are basically saying that Justice has the scoring/shooting potential that Jenkins does................HILARIOUS! Jackson would abuse Justice, on both sides of the ball. I would love to see Jackson post Justice up time after time and throw it down on SV and their fans, who judging by most of the posts on here have never watched a basketball game outside of Pike county, or in most cases outside of SV's home gym.. Would be a real eye opener for some of these kids!

No guard in this state would abuse Justice on either side of the ball. Before you start running your mouth, I'm not saying Elisha is the best guard in the state, but none would abuse him.
By the way, are the matchups set for the Fast Lane Classic yet?
letthebighogroot Wrote:What is it I sound jealous of exactly?????

Shelby Valley basketball :Thumbs:
I lived in Columbus Ohio for 10 years and I've seen basketball on a much higher level than Kentucky could hope to achieve in the sport. And I'll say this, Elisha would not be abused by an guard in the state, Elisha is not the biggest, but he has a big vertical, miles of heart, and the drive of an all state player. Elisha is a once in 10 years type of player, and once his class is gone, Valley Basketball will see a drop off for a few years.
The Fast Lane Classic is always a good night should be some good talent this year.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his.
--George Patton--
PC_You_Know Wrote:I lived in Columbus Ohio for 10 years and I've seen basketball on a much higher level than Kentucky could hope to achieve in the sport. And I'll say this, Elisha would not be abused by an guard in the state, Elisha is not the biggest, but he has a big vertical, miles of heart, and the drive of an all state player. Elisha is a once in 10 years type of player, and once his class is gone, Valley Basketball will see a drop off for a few years.

Then you would have to add some 30 more guards in Kentucky to the list that would excel against Ohio talent. Looks Kentucky then has the upper hand on Ohio in terms of backcourt talent. That's terrific that Kentucky is now the elite state between Ohio and us. Thanks!
BUHoops Wrote:Then you would have to add some 30 more guards in Kentucky to the list that would excel against Ohio talent. Looks Kentucky then has the upper hand on Ohio in terms of backcourt talent. That's terrific that Kentucky is now the elite state between Ohio and us. Thanks!

What?

I just stated that Ohio would kick Kentucky's butt in basketball, what are you talking about?
He took this statement:
"Elisha would not be abused by any guard in the state"

And interpreted it to mean this:
"would excel against Ohio talent"
The King Wrote:He took this statement:

Thank you King. You are 100% correct. Isn't that how he wrote it to be interpreted?
BUHoops Wrote:Thank you King. You are 100% correct. Isn't that how he wrote it to be interpreted?

Not being abused and excelling are two totally different things.
PC_You_Know Wrote:What?

I just stated that Ohio would kick Kentucky's butt in basketball, what are you talking about?
What? Bring any Ohio team in and put them in the 6th, 7th, or 11th region and see how they fair.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What? Bring any Ohio team in and put them in the 6th, 7th, or 11th region and see how they fair.

The team that BJ Mullens was on would dominate any of those teams. Look a few years ago, not a team in Kentucky could have came close to St Vincent St Mary.
The King Wrote:He took this statement:

Well, that's not how he should have interpreted it, I simply meant Elisha is one of the top guards in Kentucky and none of the guards in this state would abuse him.
PC_You_Know Wrote:The team that BJ Mullens was on would dominate any of those teams. Look a few years ago, not a team in Kentucky could have came close to St Vincent St Mary.
2 teams. On a consistent overall basis Kentucky is better IMO. Ohio may occasionally have 2-3 teams that are very good, but overall Ky has more stronger teams.
Sometimes it is truly fascinating how Kentucky High School hoops is discounted. Year in and year out, some of our best teams go out of state and win against the country's best. True, Kentucky don't get the HYPE, but we do get the W. Last year, in the KOB the Fayette team from ATL with Noel Johnson was the heavy favorite and lost to UHA and Manual.

No ONE in Ohio would walk through the 7th and 11th this year.
fellas get back on the topic. The bottom is that Shelby Valley has opted out of the Fast Lane Classic and South Laurel has taken their place. This topic is not Justice from Shelby Valley or the debate about Ky - Ohio basketball. Valley and Justice had their chance to play but decideed to play at Rupp. So lets stick to the topic:devilflam
-STAT- Wrote:I've never heard of that rule. What is the reason behind it to be curious?

Because Oak Hill is outside the auspices of an organization that is the equivalent of the KHSAA in Virginia they compete natioanlly, and don't compete for the championship of the state of Virginia. Since they are not sanctioned by their state the KHSAA has started denying teams in Kentucky the option to play Oak Hill.

My guess is that the KHSAA is stating that Kentucky schools can only play schools that are sanctioned by their own state's high school sports governing body.
Probably for the best........While several of the states best teams are at Sheldon Clark, Valley might be able to sneak in and get a win at Rupp. I can't blame them..............
The King Wrote:Shelby Valley basketball :Thumbs:

Sorry.......Last time my team played Valley it was a pretty easy win, as it will be if there is a rematch down the road. Our point guard did have red hands up to his shoulders after the game however. So again..........What is it I'm jealous of???? The smacking maybe??