Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Practice
bball fan Wrote:Because of board policy no teams are allowed to practice on Wednesday evening! I figured you would know something like that since you are the expert on Pikeville athletics!!

Ah, I had forgotten about that, but you are correct. I remember those days were welcomed when I was playing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bball fan Wrote:Because of board policy no teams are allowed to practice on Wednesday evening! I figured you would know something like that since you are the expert on Pikeville athletics!!

They have to be done in time to go to church...So Wednesday is a long day - did Pikeville get their 4 hours in earlier in the day, like an early morning and afternoon practice?
You can take this to the bank ol brother.. whenever they practice.. they are busting their tails!! I see you talking in other threads saying ahh they aint workin hard enough.. lets leave that in the coaches eyes.. thats why they were hired!!
Remember to keep it civil.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im sorry.. I jus defend for my team... Fatboys4life

I totally disagree with this board policy. Sunday is set aside for church. So what happens if other churches and/or religions decide they want to hold congregation on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday? Do we pass a policy forbidding practice on these days too?
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I totally disagree with this board policy. Sunday is set aside for church. So what happens if other churches/religions decided they wanted to hold congregation on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday? Do we pass a policy forbidding practice on these days too?

Most churches have a regular Wednesday service though. Including the biggies in Pikeville, First Baptist, Pikeville Methodist, the Presbyterian church, etc.

Most of these churches also have set aside youth services on Wednesdays.

I see your point though. What if Billy Bob's First Unitarian Church of God on the Rock of Jesus Full Gospel Baptist Church started having services on Tuesdays? I doubt they would be so sympathetic or allow the kid to miss practice without repercussions. It could possibly lead to the policy being changed in the future, but I also believe Pikeville still allows prayer before some games and events. Until there is a major uproar about this, it won't change. And I'm not saying it should change, just that I see your point and that it could lead to trouble.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
On a side note, there will be a new thread about this policy in the politics forum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Billy Bob's First Unitarian Church of God on the Rock of Jesus Full Gospel Baptist Church

Where's that church at? :confused:
51Boy Wrote:Where's that church at? :confused:

It was a joke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:It was a joke.

He didn't quite catch your drift.Smile Smile
I was being a fliter f*
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I totally disagree with this board policy. Sunday is set aside for church. So what happens if other churches and/or religions decide they want to hold congregation on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday? Do we pass a policy forbidding practice on these days too?
Yes, if church becomes an issue on another day they do allow that kid to miss also. Pikeville had a basketball player that missed practice/games last season on Tuesday and Thursday nights because he was a jehovah's witness. So they granted him the same rights as the other kids and excused him from the game or practice.
Has anyone heard if the 375 lb freshman is any good?
Heard he quit today. Not for sure, just what another player said.
UKRULES Wrote:Heard he quit today. Not for sure, just what another player said.
No he didnt quit he was back today. He had some family issues to deal with last week.
mr unknow Wrote:Has anyone heard if the 375 lb freshman is any good?
If the kid puts forth the effort hes gonna be a good one here in a year or 2. Its like I told someone today we got get the Betsy Layne out of him before we can make a football player out of him. LOL!
gah 375 lb.. they fed this boy good
When he weighed in he was 357lbs. A couple of weeks later we had him down to 322 lbs. I hope he sticks it out and works hard.
I heard that.. Im gonna stop by there after work one day and watch you all.
I gotta support my family
I think Pikeville will surprise some people this year. Their first game will be a good test.
Pikeville has the #'s to do it! There is alot of kids out this year!
Pikeville got a new transfer yesterday. He is one of the top 5 athletes in the school probably. He started every game as a freshman then transferred to North Carolina. Now he is back and that will help out a lot on both sides of the ball.
TRAIN85 Wrote:Pikeville got a new transfer yesterday. He is one of the top 5 athletes in the school probably. He started every game as a freshman then transferred to North Carolina. Now he is back and that will help out a lot on both sides of the ball.

Great news! Is he bigger or faster than when he left?
Will he be eligible? Did he play varsity sports in NorthCarolina? Did his parents move too and now all are moving back? Pikeville has had there share of transfers ruled ineligible.
What type of offensive/defensive scheme changes did the Panthers make this season? How do you think they will fair with their opening scrimmage tomorrow night?
UKRULES Wrote:Will he be eligible? Did he play varsity sports in NorthCarolina? Did his parents move too and now all are moving back? Pikeville has had there share of transfers ruled ineligible.
What does any of that matter? He moved out of town and enrolled at another school. Now hes moved back and as long as his grades are up to snuff I dont see a problem with him being eligible. What have you read in the KHSAA by laws that says that a kid who moves out of state and then moves back cant play?
TRAIN85 Wrote:Pikeville got a new transfer yesterday. He is one of the top 5 athletes in the school probably. He started every game as a freshman then transferred to North Carolina. Now he is back and that will help out a lot on both sides of the ball.
The Prodical Son Returns!
UKRULES Wrote:Will he be eligible? Did he play varsity sports in NorthCarolina? Did his parents move too and now all are moving back? Pikeville has had there share of transfers ruled ineligible.

No he did not play varsity sports in NC. Who has had trouble getting eligible?
You say top 5. Id say hes at least top 2 or 3.