Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill 10 - Menifee 0
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I guess that is just how small town rivalries work. If you are saying anything negative about a school then they automatically group you in with their rivals. I don't care though everyboyd that I have come in contact with on here has been really respectable from Powell. So it might now be a bad group to be in with. haha. Good luck to you guys in the postseason, however, I do think Estill will be the team to beat.

Estill and Powell does have a very big rivalry going on. And I agree with you, Estill is the team to beat. They a very good team.
thecavemaster Wrote:For the record, I don't know where anybody in this debate is from, except the ones who said directly. However, I do think it's a little pompous to say, "Well, I'm an impartial observer and just say what I think" (As if this statement somehow registers one's opinion as absolute truth). Again, Estill is a quality team with an average schedule, probably the best team in the 14th region as of now. AND, it isn't all that easy to hit .700 for a season in slow pitch softball, so let that rest as well.

I never once said that. "Well, i'm an impartial observer and just say what I think." I don't recall who said that, but I would take that as someone saying they were unbiased and that was their opinion, not that it was the absolute truth. I promise you no one is out to get you I don't know why you have become so defensive for. It is just a discussion about a team nothing else.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I never once said that. "Well, i'm an impartial observer and just say what I think." I don't recall who said that, but I would take that as someone saying they were unbiased and that was their opinion, not that it was the absolute truth. I promise you no one is out to get you I don't know why you have become so defensive for. It is just a discussion about a team nothing else.

I don't think anyone is out to get me. Oxford Style debate is fun, where you poke a little at the person being debated. I don't mind it. To say, "I just say what I think" carries an assertion by the person that their opinions are objective, non-biased...and, therefore, more legitimate. "I don't have a dog in this fight, but here's what I say..."
thecavemaster Wrote:
I don't think anyone is out to get me. Oxford Style debate is fun, where you poke a little at the person being debated. I don't mind it. To say, "I just say what I think" carries an assertion by the person that their opinions are objective, non-biased...and, therefore, more legitimate. "I don't have a dog in this fight, but here's what I say..."

When did I say that I just say what I think? I really don't remember that. This is hardly "Oxford Style." haha
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:When did I say that I just say what I think? I really don't remember that. This is hardly "Oxford Style." haha

You didn't. People who always repeat, "I just say what I think" tend to do way more of one than the other. Oxford Style often uses sarcasm, exaggeration, what I would call poking or needling. As long as a person doesn't carry it too far, I don't see it as a problem. Give it out...be able to take it.
This one has long since strayed from the topic at hand.

Closed.