Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 players in the 57th for 2005-2006?
"Slasher45" Wrote:I guess your basing that on last season and no summer games this season....McCarty is the best player in the region if he plays like he has in summer ball. His defense is great...You can tell he has worked hard this off season for improvement. Makes his teammates better and has a deadly 3 point shot. Might I add he is unstoppable when driving to the whole...I like his all around game now and under the new coach...Starns runs plays for McCarty. Something Trimble didn't do...

Summer doesn't mean nothing, just a time for us old folks to take time away from school and drink a few brews. As well as free up some of Jaime's buddies to post that he is the best thing in the world. Deadly 3 point shot Smile Smile Smile When I saw him play he only hit like 6 out of 40, if you can do math that is like less than 15 percent. He must have not worked too hard, the boys from Hazard at him alive, I was there and I saw it. He might get drafted out of high school, but the only draft he will ever be in is the military.
1.) Jamie McCarty
2.) Landon Slone
3.) Brandon May
4.) Daniel Pugh
5.) Kyle Rice
Landon Slone(3rd team all-state, Johnson Co. POY)
Brandon May(Plays for team Reebok)
Shane Grimm(Team player, rebound, can shoot, play the point)
Daniel Pugh(only 1 of the 5, 5 star player at G-town team camp)
McCarty
You are a real PAINTSVILLE fan aren't you TBIRD...until those the kids from Paintsville when even a district title while McCarty is there then you cant say they are better than McCarty
I'm sure that those 4 freshman from Paintsville together are better than McCarty, no way he could beat them by himself by the way you implied your statement rip. However, I'll give you credit that McCarty was clutch in the district championship....but if someone else would've hit it they would've got all the glory and the whole nine yards. Slone IS better than McCarty....the associated press thinks so too.
My statement didnt imply that JKWON...the players you listed couldn't beat McCarty one on one by themselves let alone when a district championship by themselves... McCarty carried JCHS last year on his back and when McCarty was having a horrible night JCHS didn't win plain and simple
Rip, if you go back through all the threads I never once made a top 5...you must be mistaken me for TBIRD. As for McCarty carrying the team, his back must have been gone carrying all those dead horses...lol, only teasing. For the statement that those kids can't win a district championship on their own...that's true. No team can win a championship solely on one player, Central didn't even do it as much as you'd like to believe. McCarty didn't score every point that night, basketball is a team sport. I'd like to see Slone and McCarty play one another in a game...it'd be a good one.
When they play each other, you can see how bad both want to beat each other. I love the first time they met on the court. McCarty dropped 35 and Slone with 28. Great game for both players. Next game...Slone 31 and McCarty 24. Third game..(Districts) McCarty 20 and Slone 10
I thought somewhere else you wrote McCarty had only 16 or 18...I may be mistaken. The first two games was much more of a better team effort by Paintsville I'm assuming from the scores on the KHSAA website. Central did pull out the District in the third meeting.
"rip10" Wrote:You are a real PAINTSVILLE fan aren't you TBIRD...until those the kids from Paintsville when even a district title while McCarty is there then you cant say they are better than McCarty

I for one graduated from Paintsville in 98. I believe I know talent when I see it, I played on Rupps court for 4 consecutive years, Fab 50 player son. I'll say it right now Slone, and May are both better that McCarty. District title who cares, both made the Region tourney didn't they. Paintsville beat them 2 out of 3 times didn't they. How did JC beat them, a last second shot that they never should've got because of a blown call, or was it just a lucky shot. I'd give anything to see him do it again, but the best thing is when you see the parents storm the court after beating 4 freshmen and a junior that can't even drive yet. I never thought I'd see the day when people are so happy to beat a group of kids that can't get into an R rated movie for 2 more years. Smile Smile
"Coach_Eagle" Wrote:When they play each other, you can see how bad both want to beat each other. I love the first time they met on the court. McCarty dropped 35 and Slone with 28. Great game for both players. Next game...Slone 31 and McCarty 24. Third game..(Districts) McCarty 20 and Slone 10

Slone had 37 in the second meeting 8)
"rip10" Wrote:My statement didnt imply that JKWON...the players you listed couldn't beat McCarty one on one by themselves let alone when a district championship by themselves... McCarty carried JCHS last year on his back and when McCarty was having a horrible night JCHS didn't win plain and simple

Even when McCarty was having a a so called "great" night they still got beat. Example Paintsville both times. Sometimes when he has a "great" individual preformance and scores a lot of points it costs his team the W because he doesn't have any clue on how to play team ball. Team ball wins over selfishness.
Hardly no one on that team could score besides McCarty and they all got their opportunities to do so...
Hardly no one on that team could score besides McCarty and they all got their opportunities to do so...Nicl missing lay-ups...Tony missing every shot he takes...and Stapleton and Rice scored their points
Hardly no one on that team could score besides McCarty and they all got their opportunities to do so...Nick missing lay-ups...Tony missing every shot he takes...and Stapleton and Rice scored their points
And you guys blame it all on McCarty...give him credit where credit is do because without him Central couldn't win a game...so before you blame someone for being selfish you should see what he does for that team...and yes I know he takes some bad shots but yet he still winds up either keeping them close or even winning the ball game
:roll:
It's the truth
"rip10" Wrote:And you guys blame it all on McCarty...give him credit where credit is do because without him Central couldn't win a game...so before you blame someone for being selfish you should see what he does for that team...and yes I know he takes some bad shots but yet he still winds up either keeping them close or even winning the ball game

First off its due, not do. What he does is take a talented team and turn them into a mediocre one. Keeping them close doesn't count because they still lost the game, and how many game winners did he hit, one and that was luck. (Summer ball doesn't count, you can have a perfect record but no state title, region, or district for that amount.)
If you say so rip, we all know you speak the truth every breath you take.
Thank you for the sarcasicm 33 lol...and as for TBIRD thanks for correcting my grammar mishap but its more than Landon has...that's my point
I wasn't really being sarcastic rip, but I can get a laugh out of it too.....HAHAHAHA.
lol
Glad to see we're finally on the same page rip.
1) Landon Slone
2)McCarty
3)Brandon May
4)JD Vanhoose
5)Kyle Rice