Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Phelps Hornets
51.39%
East Ridge Warriors
48.61%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament: Phelps vs. East Ridge
warriorpride Wrote:So by "some people" you are talking about me? Because I am the only person who has posted a ER winning score by more than 6. If you want to know why I picked that it is becuase IMO ER is just the better team. They are coming off one of the biggest upsets of their season by defeateing Pikeville...(and then gettin beat by Valley). I congratulate Phelps on winning their district but No one in their distirct can match up to Pikeville or Shelby Valley.

Actually Pike Central kept it very close against Pikeville and Shelby Valley. If im not mistaking didn't you all lose to Valley by almost 30. Phelps plays very good team ball and Pikeville basically handed the game to ER having a what 7 point lead with 45 seconds left in the game. You all have a good team and have really came together when it counts. But Pikeville was not even close to the team they were when the knocked Valley off in the All A. It was a big win for you all and Phelps beat a Belfry team that really suffered from the loss of the kid who had seizures. IMO Phelps has a better team and will win by 4 with ER having the lead with about 3 min to go in the game. JMO take it with a grain of salt. Nothing but respect to you :rockon:
That's not close to being the case and I'll tell you why...

The same Pike Central team that East Ridge beat by 5 points. Phelps beat by 9 points. So if your going on just realistic comparisons then I think Phelps has the upperhand in this game.
OMG Wrote:That's not close to being the case and I'll tell you why...

The same Pike Central team that East Ridge beat by 5 points. Phelps beat by 9 points. So if your going on just realistic comparisons then I think Phelps has the upperhand in this game.

yea but ER beat Pike Central by 7 points the first time at Pike Central. The second time is when they were up in the fourth quarter in the PIT, and lost their point guard to some ankle injury. I say ER gets this one in a close one down the stretch. ER by 3
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:yea but ER beat Pike Central by 7 points the first time at Pike Central. The second time is when they were up in the fourth quarter in the PIT, and lost their point guard to some ankle injury. I say ER gets this one in a close one down the stretch. ER by 3
Nope!! The first game against Pike Central ER won by 5 points 56-51..Not too mention ER got beat by them as well the second time they played them in the PIT 53-47. So in all reality Phelps then definetely has the upperhand in this game...
OMG Wrote:Nope!! The first game against Pike Central ER won by 5 points 56-51..Not too mention ER got beat by them as well the second time they played them in the PIT 53-47. So in all reality Phelps then definetely has the upperhand in this game...

And I will also add on that ER was beaten by the team Phelps just beat for the district championship..So IMO you have to go with Phelps in this one..
OMG Wrote:Nope!! The first game against Pike Central ER won by 5 points 56-51..Not too mention ER got beat by them as well the second time they played them in the PIT 53-47. So in all reality Phelps then definetely has the upperhand in this game...

Phelps is 9-4 in region play, 6-2 in district. Other than district play, phelps has beaten betsy layne twice and south floyd once which has accumulated their 9 wins in region play. Their other 11 wins has come from beating up on slack out of state/region teams that nobody knows anything about. East ridge is 8-9 in region play and 1-6 in district play but is in the toughest district in the 15th. They have way more quality wins such as letcher central who beat out JBS in their district tourney, allen central, and pikeville. Phelps wont even play these teams, so how can you say phelps has the upperhand
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:Phelps is 9-4 in region play, 6-2 in district. Other than district play, phelps has beaten betsy layne twice and south floyd once which has accumulated their 9 wins in region play. Their other 11 wins has come from beating up on slack out of state/region teams that nobody knows anything about. East ridge is 8-9 in region play and 1-6 in district play but is in the toughest district in the 15th. They have way more quality wins such as letcher central who beat out JBS in their district tourney, allen central, and pikeville. Phelps wont even play these teams, so how can you say phelps has the upperhand

East Ridge has also played and embarssed some of those same out of state teams that Phelps player.
vundy33 Wrote:ER 56
Phelps 38

:thatsfunn
warriorpride Wrote:East Ridge has also played and embarssed some of those same out of state teams that Phelps player.

yea some of them, not all, but phelps also lost to sheldon clark by 19 points who took belfry right to the wire in belfry's own tourney the community trust schoolboy classic
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:Phelps is 9-4 in region play, 6-2 in district. Other than district play, phelps has beaten betsy layne twice and south floyd once which has accumulated their 9 wins in region play. Their other 11 wins has come from beating up on slack out of state/region teams that nobody knows anything about. East ridge is 8-9 in region play and 1-6 in district play but is in the toughest district in the 15th. They have way more quality wins such as letcher central who beat out JBS in their district tourney, allen central, and pikeville. Phelps wont even play these teams, so how can you say phelps has the upperhand

If you base it on who they have both played it's a pretty easy comparison. That's what I did. Belfry-beat ER, but Phelps beat them. PCC-beat ER, but Phelps beat them. It's actually a no brainer. I don't know how you can't see that.
OMG Wrote:If you base it on who they have both played it's a pretty easy comparison. That's what I did. Belfry-beat ER, but Phelps beat them. PCC-beat ER, but Phelps beat them. It's actually a no brainer. I don't know how you can't see that.

You do know all sports arnt played on paper. Just because ER lost to Belfry and PCC dosent mean they will lose to Phelps.
warriorpride Wrote:You do know all sports arnt played on paper. Just because ER lost to Belfry and PCC dosent mean they will lose to Phelps.

You are exactly right! Why else would they play the game? I'm making my prediction based upon paper, thats all.
yeah. anything can happen on any given night.
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:yeah. anything can happen on any given night.

I agree !! ER proved that !! I wouldn't go as far as to say Pikeville handed ER that win... I happen to believe those boys worked hard for it.. and deserve a little respect ! ER going up against Phelps.. will be interesting !!

Good Luck to all teams !!

GO WARRIORS !!!
They worked hard for a win, but no one on here can tell me that Pikeville did not go through serious disintegration toward the end of the season.... they lost to Betsy Layne toward the end which, is a team Phelps beat I believe....

Bottom line, yes, you beat Pikeville, great.... but keep it in context..... JMO!
I dont think it matters who beat who during the season. Even if Phelps and East Ridge had a head to head matchup or two. That was during the season, this is now during the tourney. I think East Ridge already proved that regular season games doesnt mean anything this time of year. All this bickering about PCC, Betsy Layne, ect doesnt mean squat. That has already been proven this year, remember?

As far as this match up goes. I think Phelps will have problems with East Ridges physical play. But on the other hand, if Phelps can contain Fields, then they have a chance to pull off the win. I think this game will come down to a coin toss. It is to close to predict and I really would be surprised if it was 8+ win on either team. Unless one team falls apart in one quarter of the game.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Heres U 1 Then East Ridge wouldn't play Phelps this season they was suppost to but they CANCELLED GO FIGURE
I will go with the HORNETS with this win by 10... GOOD LUCK HORNETS :letsparty
Phelps by 10
Five Slamma Jamma Wrote:yea some of them, not all, but phelps also lost to sheldon clark by 19 points who took belfry right to the wire in belfry's own tourney the community trust schoolboy classic

Phelps did not play one of their best players that game against SC either to let him recoup from a slight bruise.
I'm going with ER by 7.
myhero#5 Wrote:Heres U 1 Then East Ridge wouldn't play Phelps this season they was suppost to but they CANCELLED GO FIGURE

Actually if I recall correctley weather was a factor and the game had to be cancelled, than ER coudnt schedule Phelps back due to a schedule conflict.
HORNET POWER Wrote::thatsfunn

Think it's funny? ER is the better team, they have beaten better teams, they have the better resume'. They will win the game by double-digits. Hope to see you there. Wink
vundy33 Wrote:Think it's funny? ER is the better team, they have beaten better teams, they have the better resume'. They will win the game by double-digits. Hope to see you there. Wink

Didn't you say the same thing in the " Shelby Valley, ER" thread. You said ER WILL win this game, and we all know how that turned out.
vundy33 Wrote:Think it's funny? ER is the better team, they have beaten better teams, they have the better resume'. They will win the game by double-digits. Hope to see you there. Wink

I thought it was funny! IMO Phelps got the BEST draw they could have hoped for.... who know how the game will turn out, but Phelps certainly has a great chance to win this one!
Phelps , by more than 1. They are on a high! ! ! !
Kentucky97 Wrote:Phelps , by more than 1. They are on a high! ! ! !

I agree 100%! Big Grin
east ridge by 11
PHS95 Wrote:I thought it was funny! IMO Phelps got the BEST draw they could have hoped for....

i was thinking the same thing about east ridge.
ER, Phelps, and Allen Central all thought they got the best draw. They all think they are in the regional finals right now