Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne-73 Pikeville-66
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Not excuses, I said that Betsy Layne deserved this win. But do you really think that 3 games in 4 days could not be a factor as to why shots were falling short?

ill agree that ways alot on players and its really a shame they did that right before district, but i think the point was every time they loose its some type of excuse...
OMG! Couldn't still pinching myself. Congrats Bobcats.
Congrats to the Bobcats !!
OMG Wrote:ill agree that ways alot on players and its really a shame they did that right before district, but i think the point was every time they loose its some type of excuse...

Exactly. Think this is the first time we agree on something.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:Exactly. Think this is the first time we agree on something.

haha no i congratulated sv on the other thread and said it was a really good win against pcc...im sure you agreed w that..lol
I do think Pikeville played sluggish tonight. But good solid teams find ways to get past that and come out with a win! The Panther faithful needs to quit looking for excuses and start looking in the mirror as to why they are not playing well as of late.

It seems as though they are still having some issues on the team. For some reason, it's like some of the players and coaches are just not on the same page. It looks, from the outside looking in, like the players and coaches spend alot of time arguing with each other and bickering back and fourth. Just an observation though, there may not be anything to it.

I do know they miss Clark in a bad way, reguardless of what some say or act like.

They are going to have to get Honaker involved more on the offensive side of the ball. That usually sets the tone for how he plays the rest of the game. The problem however, is you never know what Honaker is going to show up!
Good Job bobcats!
Pikeville hasnt been the same team since midway through the 4th quarter of the All A game against Paintsville. They have barely beaten teams they shouldve beaten handily(Perry Central, ER). They lost some games they should have won(AC, BL). And, theyve gotten blown out against good teams(SV, Paintsville). The coaches need to focus on fixing whatever the actual problem is instead of blaming losing the game on players lifting weights which is good for nothing but a laugh. Get it together boys or the only way your going to region is if you buy a ticket.
Congrats Betsy Layne!
Scoring for Pikeville:

Clevinger 18
Adams 13
Burchett 11
Bell 9
Baker 6
Ramey 4
Honaker 3
Branham 2
So it looks like Newman won the battle of the big men... Newman had 16 points to Adams' 13, and Newman's team won the game...
100%SUCCESS Wrote:How did the freshman do? Not heard much from them in the last few games?

I really couldn't tell you. They announced all the scores at the end of the game, and I tried to catch as many as I could. And yes, Thorn67, you're right. Head did have 16. That was a typo on my part. Sorry about that.
To me this is a big upset....what has happened to Pikeville here lately....did Clark leaving really hurt this team that much?
Congrat Bobcats on a very nice win!
How did the freshman do? Not heard much from them in the last few games?
Quote:
'
I belive martin was the only one played and that was like for 2 mins
LIPS Wrote:To me this is a big upset....what has happened to Pikeville here lately....did Clark leaving really hurt this team that much?

Clark leaving the team did hurt, but I think the biggest problem is the coaching staff didn't develop their bench. After Clark left players were thrown into action , and they weren't ready for the pressure. Seems as if they were worried about trying to go undefeated in J.V. and not getting anyone ready to step up.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Not excuses, I said that Betsy Layne deserved this win. But do you really think that 3 games in 4 days could not be a factor as to why shots were falling short?
I don't think that should be a factor. These kids are 16 and 17 years old. At that age I could play the same every day. Three 32 minute games in four days shouldn't drain kids at that age... I would question their conditioning if you really believe that played a hand in this loss.
WOW ,did not see that one coming.
The King Wrote:So it looks like Newman won the battle of the big men... Newman had 16 points to Adams' 13, and Newman's team won the game...

Big men matchups

Newman: 16 points, (5 with Dev on the bench), 7 rebounds, 0 blocked shots, 5 fouls
Adams: 13 points, (2 with Newman on the bench), 7 rebounds, 9 blocked shots, 2 fouls

Yes, Betsy Layne won the game so the big man match up would have to go to them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
If the wheels haven't FALLEN off then they sure are FALLING. Congrats BL on the win. And if the Panthers want to see more than 1 more game they better get their heads straight, and realize that at this point they are probably playing about like the 7th best team in the region.
And 73? To Betsy Layne? They hardly EVER give up 70 and it has now happened 2 nights in a row.
stripminer Wrote:Clark leaving the team did hurt, but I think the biggest problem is the coaching staff didn't develop their bench. After Clark left players were thrown into action , and they weren't ready for the pressure. Seems as if they were worried about trying to go undefeated in J.V. and not getting anyone ready to step up.

You hit the nail on the head. It's not so much clark that they miss, it's another player with experience. If any kid sitting on the bench had the opportunity to play as much as he did, that player would have developed and been conditioned to the pressure level of varsity. Oh well, hind sight is 20-20.
Congrats BL. Looks like they got a full head of steam rolling into the district against P-Burg.
Huge win for the Bobcats! BL has struggled all year long, but they seem to be playing better of late.
Didn't Phelps beat Betsy Layne 20 before this game and East Ridge beat them 5. One game and it is a head of steam!!!
sacbunt Wrote:Didn't Phelps beat Betsy Layne 20 before this game and East Ridge beat them 5. One game and it is a head of steam!!!

That's all it takes is one game. Every team has to start with one game somewhere, whether it be your first, 15th or last regular season game. They should have plenty of momentum going into Wednesday's meeting with Pburg.
100% Success:
How did the freshman do? Not heard much from them in the last few games?

The freshman has been playing just as much as they need to these past couple games and thats why BL has done decent. These freshman will be good players, but this year isn't there year. Let these JR. & Seniors play and take BL farther than what every one is excepting.
[COLOR="Red"]Quote:
Originally Posted by The King
So it looks like Newman won the battle of the big men... Newman had 16 points to Adams' 13, and Newman's team won the game... [/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]BasketBallOnlyFan:

Big men matchups

Newman: 16 points, (5 with Dev on the bench), 7 rebounds, 0 blocked shots, 5 fouls
Adams: 13 points, (2 with Newman on the bench), 7 rebounds, 9 blocked shots, 2 fouls

Yes, Betsy Layne won the game so the big man match up would have to go to them.

Please believe that NEWMAN out played ADAMS...10 to 1.....ADAMS is at least 2-4 inches taller than NEWMAN and there body builds are pretty much the same size.....Who cares how many blocks ADAMS had....they were on guys twice smaller than him.........blocks don't mean S**T...........the fact is NEWMAN stepped up and played the game he needed to play and BL came away with the WIN........congrats BL!!!!!
the_real_bball_star Wrote:Please believe that NEWMAN out played ADAMS...10 to 1.....ADAMS is at least 2-4 inches taller than NEWMAN and there body builds are pretty much the same size.....Who cares how many blocks ADAMS had....they were on guys twice smaller than him.........blocks don't mean S**T...........the fact is NEWMAN stepped up and played the game he needed to play and BL came away with the WIN........congrats BL!!!!!
I said that Betsy Layne won the game so he came away with the battle of the big men. Blocked shots are stats too, you shouldnt pick and choose which stats are importiant. But I do disagree with you when you say they are not importiant. Also, when is 2-4 inches twice as small?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
WOW!!! Congrats Betsy Layne