Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville-89 Allen Central-77 - 15th Region All "A" Classic
What where the stats for AC?
Good win for Paintsville, Slone and Grimm are two of the better players in the region and they have a good supporting group to play with.

IMO, Look for a Paintsville and Shelby Valley final yet, don't be suprised if Pikeville shows up on Saturday night.

If Shelby Valley and Paintsville square off in the finals, better get there early !!!!

I say Shelby Valley has the team to beat !!!:popcorn:
The Private Wrote:I really think there is NO way Paintsville can beat Valley!!!!!!!!!! Paintsville plays no defense,no guard play,no bench.I was really shocked how little of defense they do play!!! I was hoping to see a good a good game between Valley and Paintsville but Valley will beat them by 10 or more!Slone will score alot but not near enough.Good luck to both teams.

Wow what a bold statement! So what paintsville had an off night, who don't? So this suddenly means that they have no guard play and play no defense? SV can have three off games in a row (east ridge by 14, pike central 5 HA, and betsy layne 19) i didnt see anyone suddenly saying oh they cant play defense or anything...you obviouslly havent seen them play much this year
Murry had a bad game shooting the ball, and bundy struggled a little bit and allen central wasnt missing, but good teams find a way to win in tough situations and everybody else stepped up for them...
Good Job guys and get ready to take care of business tomorroow against those raiders
Congrats to the Tigers! First, I'd like to say that they won and I predicted that they would. They led the whole game and it never was in jeaopardy. They were up by 21 at one point in the second half. However, they played very poorly in the second half; they didn't take care of the ball; they played very little D (only a few plays did they put on much pressure); poor rebounding; the guards got a little out of control in the second half (mainly Blake and Justin) for some unknown reason. Just trying to do too much for no reason. But they still won as they should have. They could've won by 30 or more easy if they had played their best. Second, I'd like to compliment Allen Central. They are a good ball team. Tonight they shot the lights out on 3's, but the Tigers are responsible for giving them the wide open looks! Third, the Tigers will have to play better to beat SV!! The game they played tonight won't do it. But they can play much better and hopefully they will. I hope that the SV and Paintsville game will be a good one, but if the SV of the last few games meets the best Paintsville team, Paintsville will win. However, if the best SV team shows up and the not so good Paintsville team shows up, SV will win. So the finals may not be as good as what some people think depending on how the teams play on that night. Let's hope that they both bring their A game. BTW, SV will beat Pikeville. No disrespect to a good Pikeville team, but SV will see to it, just as Paintsville on a so-so night seen to beating Allen Central.
Who could tell anything about anybody in this game? The refs were horid to say the least. Nobody could look good with the trio that called this game. It was probably the biggest game in the region and the worst refs. Who knew what they would call, and I mean on both sides. One ref came to me and said that the blocked shot on Grimm was clean. I said yea, but they climbed up his back to block it. He replied, well yeah, but they didn't hurt him.
Now...with that out of my system
Paintsville played terrible at both ends but I won't harp too much cause they did win after all. But fellows.....when you can't hit treys, but are having success going inside.............QUIT SHOOTING THE TREY!
Slone, IMO, showed that he is the real deal and it didn't matter who or how many guarded him, he was the man!
Hammonds is gutsy but doesn't pass well. Crum....Son...just keep pumping it up!! But make sure you ice that arm! What was he.....7 for a thousand 3pt shooting? He had 6 wide open looks and made 4, on contested shots, I would guess 3 for 20. And that was all he brought to the game.
JMO but Hammonds was about the only thing I saw from AC.
Congrats Tigers. Good luck the rest of the year Rebels.
congrats paintsville
The Guru Wrote:Who could tell anything about anybody in this game? The refs were horid to say the least. Nobody could look good with the trio that called this game. It was probably the biggest game in the region and the worst refs. Who knew what they would call, and I mean on both sides. One ref came to me and said that the blocked shot on Grimm was clean. I said yea, but they climbed up his back to block it. He replied, well yeah, but they didn't hurt him.
Now...with that out of my system
Paintsville played terrible at both ends but I won't harp too much cause they did win after all. But fellows.....when you can't hit treys, but are having success going inside.............QUIT SHOOTING THE TREY!
Slone, IMO, showed that he is the real deal and it didn't matter who or how many guarded him, he was the man!
Hammonds is gutsy but doesn't pass well. Crum....Son...just keep pumping it up!! But make sure you ice that arm! What was he.....7 for a thousand 3pt shooting? He had 6 wide open looks and made 4, on contested shots, I would guess 3 for 20. And that was all he brought to the game.
JMO but Hammonds was about the only thing I saw from AC.
Congrats Tigers. Good luck the rest of the year Rebels.

Well i agree with you on the refs, and on slone proving that he is the best player in the region, but aaron crum was 7 for 16 from the 3 pt line. and yes this was a bad shooting game for him, but still shot over 40 percent, thats pretty good. and yes he didnt too much besides shoot in this game, but like i said he didnt play his best. and to say hammonds cant pass, you must not have watched any other AC game this year, he is a very good passer and having the turnovers he did tonight is not like him at all, i think you need to watch more than one game before you bash players, considering hammonds is the 2nd best point guard in the region, behind elisha, and crum is the leading three point shooter in the state.
EKY Sportster Wrote:First, I'd like to say that they won and I predicted that they would.

:confused: It wasn't exactly a brainbuster to pick man, but congrats. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
After watching this game, no doubt Slone was the player on the floor. Paintsville just took it to Allen Central on both ends of the floor. Give credit to Hammonds on the "gutsy" side of things yet, where were the Crowder boys and Prater in the game stat wise.
bluedevils20 Wrote:Well i agree with you on the refs, and on slone proving that he is the best player in the region, but aaron crum was 7 for 16 from the 3 pt line. and yes this was a bad shooting game for him, but still shot over 40 percent, thats pretty good. and yes he didnt too much besides shoot in this game, but like i said he didnt play his best. and to say hammonds cant pass, you must not have watched any other AC game this year, he is a very good passer and having the turnovers he did tonight is not like him at all, i think you need to watch more than one game before you bash players, considering hammonds is the 2nd best point guard in the region, behind elisha, and crum is the leading three point shooter in the state.
I wasn't bashing anyone. If Crum in fact only took 16 treys(seemed like a lot more)That is still a lot of treys in 1 game. Yes this was the only time I have seen AC this year, and thought I made it clear that I didn't think anyone could play with the refs they had. I never said Hammonds can't pass, just that he didn't pass well I could have sworn that I gave him props.
AC has 1 win this year against a team with a winning record.(Powell Co. 9-7), and has at least 2 losses against teams with losing records. So I guess it might be easier to look good when you play lesser competition.
Good point Guru !!!!
well AC's stats were

Crum- 28
Hammonds- 18
Prater- 14
H. Crowder- 10
L. Crowder- 7

And as for Hammonds, yes he had some turnovers but this is very unlike him, normally just a couple a game. and as for Crum, yes 16 threes is alot for one game but he made 7, if someone is shooting 40 something percent from downtown, i would love for them to shoot 15+ 3's per game. But as for Landon Slone, i think he proved tonight that he is the best player in the region, and he is D-1 material. Congrats Paintsville and keep your heads up AC
hokiefan29 Wrote:well AC's stats were

Crum- 28
Hammonds- 18
Prater- 14
H. Crowder- 10
L. Crowder- 7

And as for Hammonds, yes he had some turnovers but this is very unlike him, normally just a couple a game. and as for Crum, yes 16 threes is alot for one game but he made 7, if someone is shooting 40 something percent from downtown, i would love for them to shoot 15+ 3's per game. But as for Landon Slone, i think he proved tonight that he is the best player in the region, and he is D-1 material. Congrats Paintsville and keep your heads up AC

Crum's great shooting might have been their downfall though. They were having success going inside, and either getting the bucket or drawing the foul. But after Crum decided to hit a few treys, they seemed just be content to let him fling it. PHS could have got into foul trouble and then who knows... but they went away from it and I was glad.
The Tigers only real effort I saw on D was against Hammonds and that might be some of the cause for turnovers from Hammonds.
All I can say is Saturday night, whether its Paintsville/Pikeville or Paintsville/Shelby Valley, its gonna be crazy in the Dome. It may sell out, and people will be shoulder to shoulder in that gym. How I think regional tournaments should be, and especially the championship game. It makes winning so much more when its in front of a thousand+ audience bunched in a gym that barely seats a thousand vs. a thousand + audience in the Expo spread all over the arena. (I know those numbers are probably off, but just an estimate, and the numbers are besides the point.) Anyways, should be an amazing atmosphere for whoever's in it!!!!!!!!!!!JMO
I find it funny that people are saying this and saying that about the Tigers but the fact of the matter is they still put up 89 points on a very good Allen Central team. Putting up that many points is no fluke. I mean if it comes down to the Tigers/Valley who knows who will win, it could go either way. I take the Tigers by 13.
What time is the championship game on Saturday?
I believe i got the margin of victory right...and i actually got the scoring right for the players...and somebody acted like it wasnt possible for 4 or 5 players to score that muchSmile..Congrats Tigers..
When you put up 89 pts you didn't play too bad. IMO the game went the way most predicted.
Good job Paintsville.
The Guru Wrote:I wasn't bashing anyone. If Crum in fact only took 16 treys(seemed like a lot more)That is still a lot of treys in 1 game. Yes this was the only time I have seen AC this year, and thought I made it clear that I didn't think anyone could play with the refs they had. I never said Hammonds can't pass, just that he didn't pass well I could have sworn that I gave him props.
AC has 1 win this year against a team with a winning record.(Powell Co. 9-7), and has at least 2 losses against teams with losing records. So I guess it might be easier to look good when you play lesser competition.
This is the problem with eastern ky basketball fans. You think by downing another teams players you make yours look better. Slone is a great player with a good supporting cast. But so are other players on other teams including Crum. Look at his stats for the year not one game which was still pretty impressive so next time you can make an intelligent comment and not look so bias.

STATE SCORING LEADERS
Clark Stepp 25.5 3rd in state
Landon Slone 25.4 4th in state
Aaron Crum 25.1 5th in state

great job for the mountain boys

STATE 3 POINT LEADER

Aaron Crum is 85 for 168 4.7 per game shooting 51% WOW

Congrats to all the boys in eastern ky and good luck and don't get caught up in all the hype or negative comments made by some people who just don't know any better.
slingblade93 Wrote:This is the problem with eastern ky basketball fans. You think by downing another teams players you make yours look better. Slone is a great player with a good supporting cast. But so are other players on other teams including Crum. Look at his stats for the year not one game which was still pretty impressive so next time you can make an intelligent comment and not look so bias.

STATE SCORING LEADERS
Clark Stepp 25.5 3rd in state
Landon Slone 25.4 4th in state
Aaron Crum 25.1 5th in state

great job for the mountain boys

STATE 3 POINT LEADER

Aaron Crum is 85 for 168 4.7 per game shooting 51% WOW

Congrats to all the boys in eastern ky and good luck and don't get caught up in all the hype or negative comments made by some people who just don't know any better.

WOW!..Landon's 36 pts. last nite should boost his avg. up a tinch or 2...Congrats boys on having such a great season so far...
I am just thinking out loud,I hope Paintsville brings their A game.I have watched both teams play a couple of times and I feel that Paintsville plays O defense Valley does. Paintsvilles guards will have a diffuclt time with turnovers.They also don;t make the extra pass like Valley.I hope both teams the very best but I just think Valley plays better as a team and plays better defense. I think most would agree.
The Guru Wrote:I wasn't bashing anyone. If Crum in fact only took 16 treys(seemed like a lot more)That is still a lot of treys in 1 game. Yes this was the only time I have seen AC this year, and thought I made it clear that I didn't think anyone could play with the refs they had. I never said Hammonds can't pass, just that he didn't pass well I could have sworn that I gave him props.

Lesser Competition? What makes p-ville schedule a powerhouse, when they have played lc with a record of 4-12, magoffin co. 3-16, powell 5-12, SC 5-10, BL 6-11 just to name a few. IMO Sv schedule is a lot tougher. P-ville did beat some good teams in Lincoln Co. 13-3, Anderson Co. 10-4 . It's not the kids fault on the schedule. Both AC and P-ville have winning records. Didn't p-ville decide not to play in the consolation game when someone got hurt, could be another loss in the fifth third classic.
Haven't seen Valley play this year, but I assume they are similar or the same as last year, only a little better. If that is so, then yes they do play better D than the Tigers. But I don't think that the Tigers will have as much trouble with the SV D as some seem to think. All of this doesn't mean that neither team won't commit TO's because they both will. But I think the key to the game between SV and Paintsville will come down to two things: (1) Which team plays the best (since both can play very good OR so-so on a given night), and (2) Whether SV can limit or hold the Tiger offense to low output. And regardless of which team wins, the other could still win the Region, so the question will still not be answered.

With that said, I would state as I have before that SV is the defending Regional Champs and it is the Tigers that will have to prove that they can beat them and that they are better. However, I feel that on a given night the Tigers can do so.
slingblade93 Wrote:Lesser Competition? What makes p-ville schedule a powerhouse, when they have played lc with a record of 4-12, magoffin co. 3-16, powell 5-12, SC 5-10, BL 6-11 just to name a few. IMO Sv schedule is a lot tougher. P-ville did beat some good teams in Lincoln Co. 13-3, Anderson Co. 10-4 . It's not the kids fault on the schedule. Both AC and P-ville have winning records. Didn't p-ville decide not to play in the consolation game when someone got hurt, could be another loss in the fifth third classic.

They Have to play lawrence co., magoffic co., and sheldon clark(conference games)...You have to also play the teams you have signed a contract with. such as BL and others...SV's schedule is pretty tough...You can only play the games you have on your schedule...So throw the schedules out the window and settle it when and if they play each other...AC played Paintsville and lost by 12, the game was never in doubt...AC is a good team, but Paintsville is a really good team...:Thumbs:
uhavenoidea Wrote:They Have to play lawrence co., magoffic co., and sheldon clark(conference games)...You have to also play the teams you have signed a contract with. such as BL and others...SV's schedule is pretty tough...You can only play the games you have on your schedule...So throw the schedules out the window and settle it when and if they play each other...AC played Paintsville and lost by 12, the game was never in doubt...AC is a good team, but Paintsville is a really good team...:Thumbs:

That was the point I was trying to make. P-ville is a great team, but AC is pretty good for this region.
Easy now Slingblade. If i'm not mistaking, Paintsville has two legitimate losses. One loss came to the #1 team in West Virginia by 3 points and the other was to arguably the best team in the state and if not the best, definitely top 3.
Irish#1 Wrote:Easy now Slingblade. If i'm not mistaking, Paintsville has two legitimate losses. One loss came to the #1 team in West Virginia by 3 points and the other was to arguably the best team in the state and if not the best, definitely top 3.

#1 in there class, have heard others say they were lower, but a win is a win and p-ville has great team, not trying to take anything away from them. Hopefully saturday we will see the 15 regions top two teams face off.
slingblade93 Wrote:#1 in there class, have heard others say they were lower, but a win is a win and p-ville has great team, not trying to take anything away from them. Hopefully saturday we will see the 15 regions top two teams face off.

Yes I hope we do as well...IMO if SV and Paintsville ends up playing each other, then it could end up being of the best, if not the best game of all-time in the 15th...We could be talking about it for many years to come, and it might be in the greatest games thread on here by sunday...:Thumbs:
slingblade93 Wrote:Lesser Competition? What makes p-ville schedule a powerhouse, when they have played lc with a record of 4-12, magoffin co. 3-16, powell 5-12, SC 5-10, BL 6-11 just to name a few. IMO Sv schedule is a lot tougher. P-ville did beat some good teams in Lincoln Co. 13-3, Anderson Co. 10-4 . It's not the kids fault on the schedule. Both AC and P-ville have winning records. Didn't p-ville decide not to play in the consolation game when someone got hurt, could be another loss in the fifth third classic.

Here we go. See as someone else already said. The Tigers have to play those teams, cause they are in their District. They can't help it if they have FIVE teams in their District. Compared to the Pike Co. schools that only have 3 in each of theirs. As far as the 5/3rd goes. That was a mutual agreement. If they wanted to play, the Tigers would have been more than happy to play.
Also don't forget George Washington, WV, Anderson, Tates Creek and Boyle Co. I know the Latter ones people will say aren't that good. Just look at their schedules though and look at who they have lost to.