Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Player in the 15th
WARNING:: This thread is about PLAYERS in the 15th region..... NOT a Shelby Valley player thread....... KEEP IT ON TOPIC!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
They are discussing the best player in the region, not just SV players. Isn't that what the thread is about?

I will put my two cents in. I will say one thing . . . Elisha may or may not be the best player in the region, but there's no one I'd rather have on my team. He is the consummate team player and a great person as well. Of all the players I've coached, it hurt my team more to lose him than anyone.

I think Landon belongs in the conversation as well.
Yeah.... the thread is about the best players in the 15th region BUT there are a couple of replies that do NOT need to be in here and were off topic... by this I mean..... don't bash one player to praise another.....

If you want to post a positive comment without bashing players (which BTW is not allowed) feel free to do so!! Just keep it on topic!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
PC_You_Know Wrote:The guy who said Landon is the better athlete is it's funny. Elisha is only 6'0 and can dunk, you ever seen Landon put one down? Elisha is too fast for Landon, that's why you'll see Bundy guard him if they play, Elisha would run a circle around him.

I would take Landon if I needed a clutch shot at the end of the game only because he is more experienced, give Elisha two more years and there won't be a player in this region that can touch him.

Elisha has the more upside than Landon does because he is younger, so of course overall Elisha will become the better player of the two, and right now because of how young he is, I say Elisha is the best player in the 15th.

First off you have NO right to say anything to anybody when you don't give anybody credit but Valley and it's players.

Second, dunkin has nothin to do with how good of a basketball player you are.

Third, just because he is faster than Slone doesn't mean he is better. **** J.R. VanHoose is one of the best players to ever play in this region and he couldn't gaurd the little guys out front.

Fourth, both are the same age.

I have seen them both play. Landon averaged 15+ ppg when he was a freshman. Averaged 20+ as a Soph. Averaged 20+ as a Junior. So far averagin 20+ as a Senior. His defense is the best I have ever seen it, he rebounds very well. I can't take anything away from Justice cause he is a **** of player but the way Landon is playin this year I don't see anybody stoppin him.

1. Landon Slone
2. Elisha Justice
3. Shane Grimm
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm about 6'1 and he's just shorter than I am, so know what you're talking about before you post it on here.

I'm 6'2" and he is about 4-5 inches shorter than me...
TheFan3 Wrote:Landon slone is way better then justice from valley. Justice isnt near the athlete slone is. IMO. But he is close behind slone.

Guys I think what he meant to say was, he is the closest behind Slone.

I know what ya meant Fan3. And I agree.

Slone, way better..............then Justice..Grimme..then the others.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm about 6'1 and he's just shorter than I am, so know what you're talking about before you post it on here.

Elisha is 5'10" with tennis shoes on and probably never will be anywhere near 6 feet tall.

But I still think he is a heckuva basketball player.
Leonidas Wrote:Elisha is 5'10" with tennis shoes on and probably never will be anywhere near 6 feet tall.

But I still think he is a heckuva basketball player.

5'10 is just 2 inches shorter than 6'Smile
It is almost impossible to compare 2 athletes that play different positions.
Given this,
Justice is a great ball handler, great passer, decent shooter and runs his team with authority and is cool under pressure.
Slone, is a great scorer inside and out among state leaders in scoring, FG % as well as 3pt %. A decent defender and a very good rebounder that also performs well under pressure.
Is slone the best PG? No way. Is Justice the best wing player? Not a chance. But both are great at what they do. Are these two the best 2 players in the region? Probably.
IMO
1) Slone
2) Justice
This conversation begins and ends with Landon Slone of Paintsville. He does it all and is capable of taking any game over. Justice is a good player, but not as good as Slone yet.
Just think is Slone would have been held back as well? He is a young senoir, he is the same age as alot of Jr. and some Soph's.
Dustin Minix from magoffin
BlueStripes Wrote:Just think is Slone would have been held back as well? He is a young senoir, he is the same age as alot of Jr. and some Soph's.

Good point.
I would have to say Sheldon Clark's Justin Cline. This kid is the real deal, he has size (you cant teach that) and is phenomenal with or without the ball. Running into one of his picks is like trying to run through a brick wall. I haven't seen the likes of him since I've last watched Chuck Norris.
id say slone is the best player in the region. Bunny, you cant be serious can you?
Hands down Landon Slone in my book.
returnofthebunny Wrote:I would have to say Sheldon Clark's Justin Cline. This kid is the real deal, he has size (you cant teach that) and is phenomenal with or without the ball. Running into one of his picks is like trying to run through a brick wall. I haven't seen the likes of him since I've last watched Chuck Norris.
How much size? I agree you cant teach size, but does Shelden Clark have anyone who can teach the size? Who did Chuck Norris play for back in the day?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.