Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. JBS (WYMT Friday at Knott Central) Thoughts and Predicions
The same thing can be said about Pikeille, they will have someone in the middle who can cause other teams to adjust shots also.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
A good showing by Pikeville..But JBS is too much to handle for them..JBS by 16..
JBS by 18+, it will be a fast temp.
i'll have to say jbs by about 14. i don't think pikeville can handle jbs's offense.
If your going by refs being a factor, JBS is a private feeder school for, I forget which college, but the Stepp boys father is Dean or something at that school. Hardly think they are set up to lose this thing.
fairplayer Wrote:If your going by refs being a factor, JBS is a private feeder school for, I forget which college, but the Stepp boys father is Dean or something at that school. Hardly think they are set up to lose this thing. . They need to trade with refs from other districts.

The refs that are calling these games are from outside the area.....I am not sure where they are from but the refs that called the Knox Central game were not from the 14th region. SV beat Male fair and it takes away from the hard work of the SV kids to imply anything else...
uk96 Wrote:The refs that are calling these games are from outside the area.....I am not sure where they are from but the refs that called the Knox Central game were not from the 14th region. SV beat Male fair and it takes away from the hard work of the SV kids to imply anything else...

Not positive about this but I was told that the refs for the Hazard/Clay County game was from the 13th region!! How fair was that. Dont be surprised about where the refs are from!!!!For the game against Pikeville/JBS they should have refs from the 13th but who knows!!:confused: :confused:
I think JBS will run away with this one. Pikeville's half court defense didn't look very good against Breathitt and they never ran away with the game until they started pressing. I think that if they don't come ready to play from the tip then it could get embarrassing. I also think this can be a big night for Tate and Clint. With Adams' presence down low it wouldn't surprise me if Clark penetrated and kicked all night long.
It was my understanding that out of the 3 regions that are represented, that the refs come from the region that isnt playing. I may be wrong on that, but I think that is the way it was supposed to be set up. I just hope they let both teams play, call it consistent, and let the players decide who wins or loses the way it should be. It was implied in a earlier post about the ties of ALC and WYMT. I hope that isnt a factor either. It could be a factor, but then with it on live tv, it seems that would put a hamper on it. I just hope both teams comes out and plays hard and to their ability.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:It was my understanding that out of the 3 regions that are represented, that the refs come from the region that isnt playing. I may be wrong on that, but I think that is the way it was supposed to be set up. I just hope they let both teams play, call it consistent, and let the players decide who wins or loses the way it should be. It was implied in a earlier post about the ties of ALC and WYMT. I hope that isnt a factor either. It could be a factor, but then with it on live tv, it seems that would put a hamper on it. I just hope both teams comes out and plays hard and to their ability.
The ALC and Wymt factor is just an excuse by some to cause problems....Wymt could care less about the small amount that ALC spends with them. I am sure Pikeville businesses account for 100 times the size of ALC's Wymt budget...
Pikeville has good overall quickness and Adams has really improved this year. However, I still like JBS in this game. I don't think Pikeville can keep C. Stepp from getting to the goal. Also, the other stepp and tate cox should be too much for Pikeville to handle IMO. The match up between Adams and Collins should be interesting to watch. Not everyday you see two kids 6'9 go head to head in East Ky.
JBS by 20.
Tate Cox Is The Best Player On The Team By Far!!! The Only Thing That Blake Stepp Does Is Shot And Miss...he Is Selfish...takes Alot Of Bad Shots To Play For A Good Team....