Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Pikeville Panthers
I don't think they'll be much better than last year...at least I hope not Rolleyes
Pikeville Football will be fine. The Panthers played some tough competition this year. Belfry, LCA, and Lex Cath. were all in the state finals this year and I think playing schedules like this will help the Panthers.
I believe the Panthers will be a much better team in 08 than this year.
Elwayfan Wrote:Pikeville Football will be fine. The Panthers played some tough competition this year. Belfry, LCA, and Lex Cath. were all in the state finals this year and I think playing schedules like this will help the Panthers.
I believe the Panthers will be a much better team in 08 than this year.

yes thats what i keep telling everyone but nobody seems to believe me.!
If...Then Wrote:yes thats what i keep telling everyone but nobody seems to believe me.!
Were gonna make believers out of the so called "experts" both in and out of the city limits next year.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Were gonna make believers out of the so called "experts" both in and out of the city limits next year.

yes we will hail..and confidently too
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Were gonna make believers out of the so called "experts" both in and out of the city limits next year.
With a limited amount of the Freshmen class not playing this year it is going to be hard on next year's incoming freshmen class to fill some of the voids. Kind of like throwing them into the fire.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:With a limited amount of the Freshmen class not playing this year it is going to be hard on next year's incoming freshmen class to fill some of the voids. Kind of like throwing them into the fire.

Coach J can still work really well with the freshman he already has like Ross McCoy and Taylor Ratliff who are solid players. There is also around 20 8th graders moving up. Most of them have good talent but some still need some practice.
I have heard the Honaker twins stock is dropping concerning major D1 programs. Any truth to this?
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I have heard the Honaker twins stock is dropping concerning major D1 programs. Any truth to this?

I've heard that also. I can maybe see Tim doing it but Ted loves it way too much to stop trying. But Coach J should. He should let us know all we need to. Coach?
I personally dont see Pikeville being any kind of threat next year.
Man, another one with no confidence in our panthers..

Your from Pikeville! :confused:
If...Then Wrote:Man, another one with no confidence in our panthers..

Your from Pikeville! :confused:
Thats alright we will know who the real fans and who the "front runners" are come next year!!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Thats alright we will know who the real fans and who the "front runners" are come next year!!!!

yes sir we will, I think me, u and the staff are the only ones who think that Pikeville is going to be good next year. But we'll have the last laugh. or battle cry...lol :1:
If...Then Wrote:yes sir we will, I think me, u and the staff are the only ones who think that Pikeville is going to be good next year. But we'll have the last laugh. or battle cry...lol :1:

Hold on If Then...I'm a believer too lol
play_maker Wrote:I personally dont see Pikeville being any kind of threat next year.

I agree...this year was their chance and they blew it.
Dazed&Confused Wrote:Hold on If Then...I'm a believer too lol

there we go. :Thumbs:

that makes 4
vundy33 Wrote:I agree...this year was their chance and they blew it.

well what team do you take the blame for then?
huh? What team do I take the blame for? I just think this year was there year and they let it slip away.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Thats alright we will know who the real fans and who the "front runners" are come next year!!!!
Hey Hail would you label me as a "front runner" ?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Hey Hail would you label me as a "front runner" ?

your the opposite of a front-runner in my book
If...Then Wrote:your the opposite of a front-runner in my book
That was what I was wanting to hear!!:rockon: Smile
Panther Thunder Wrote:Hey Hail would you label me as a "front runner" ?
I just wish we could get some of the kids who still go to this school to feel the way you do about it. I hope you can help in that deparment next year if you know what I mean? If all the kids cared about this school as much as you do wed rarely ever lose in ANY sport.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I just wish we could get some of the kids who still go to this school to feel the way you do about it. I hope you can help in that deparment next year if you know what I mean? If all the kids cared about this school as much as you do wed rarely ever lose in ANY sport.

as much as WE do hail, WE do. But im bigger on football than i am anything else considering this is a football school. But wait, Thunder hasnt past the test yet. lol Thunder, what do the panthers look like next year to you?
If...Then Wrote:as much as WE do hail, WE do. But im bigger on football than i am anything else considering this is a football school. But wait, Thunder hasnt past the test yet. lol Thunder, what do the panthers look like next year to you?
Of course Pikeville is and always will be a Football school. I gotta admit its gonna be pretty cool watching you play next year. It just seems like yesterday I was playing football with you and JR in the back yard when you were kids and you guys were afraid to tackle me (I guess some things never change yall still dont want none LOL!!!!)
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Of course Pikeville is and always will be a Football school. I gotta admit its gonna be pretty cool watching you play next year. It just seems like yesterday I was playing football with you and JR in the back yard when you were kids and you guys were afraid to tackle me (I guess some things never change yall still dont want none LOL!!!!)

for 4 more especially, stock blocking for J.R

shea, those were some good times...I could type 5 pages on that.

Pshh, haha you wish. Anytime you wanna go a round just gimme a call son! LOL
If...Then Wrote:as much as WE do hail, WE do. But im bigger on football than i am anything else considering this is a football school. But wait, Thunder hasnt past the test yet. lol Thunder, what do the panthers look like next year to you?
Definately won't have as much expectations after this year but that is a blessing in a secret way. With a new QB and a lot of new starters it will be good for them. I think they should stil win a district championship and should make a good run in the playoffs, as for the regular season I see as of right now being realistic a 5-5 record. Look at the non-district schedule and you will see why. I assume a trip to Lexington Catholic will be there, going to P-Burg, an Unreal Belfry team at Home, A tough Corbin team in the first game of the season, I don't know what the contrct with Ashland is but I know they do a lot of two @ Ashland deals so maybe going back to Putnam. But they should handle district with some good tests against SF and Paintsville.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Definately won't have as much expectations after this year but that is a blessing in a secret way. With a new QB and a lot of new starters it will be good for them. I think they should stil win a district championship and should make a good run in the playoffs, as for the regular season I see as of right now being realistic a 5-5 record. Look at the non-district schedule and you will see why. I assume a trip to Lexington Catholic will be there, going to P-Burg, an Unreal Belfry team at Home, A tough Corbin team in the first game of the season, I don't know what the contrct with Ashland is but I know they do a lot of two @ Ashland deals so maybe going back to Putnam. But they should handle district with some good tests against SF and Paintsville.

Thats about right. A really tough schedule. The bright side is, that after they get all the 3 and 4A schools over with. They can walk all over their own divsion and hopefully make it to Hazard at least.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I just wish we could get some of the kids who still go to this school to feel the way you do about it. I hope you can help in that deparment next year if you know what I mean? If all the kids cared about this school as much as you do wed rarely ever lose in ANY sport.
If only that were the case lol. But no matter what this heart will always be a Panther's. As I hope yours will and you don't pack up and head up the road anytime soon TongueirateSho.
If...Then Wrote:Thats about right. A really tough schedule. The bright side is, that after they get all the 3 and 4A schools over with. They can walk all over their own divsion and hopefully make it to Hazard at least.
I dont think they will just walk away with it they will get some tests from South Floyd and Paintsville.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I dont think they will just walk away with it they will get some tests from South Floyd and Paintsville.

South Floyd?? are they supposed to look good next year or something?

Id absolutely love Pikeville to go 8-0

but not this year or until Coach Jackson gets Cath and such off the schedule. He has some good reasons for it though.

Kinda of what Belfry does. Just schedules smaller weak schools. But this year they ment business