Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Sweet 16
I’ve always said if a genie popped out of a bottle and told me I had no choice but to move immediately to someplace I have been before, that western North Carolina area would be it. Asheville, Hendersonville, Blowing Rock, just love it over there. Gorgeous, great climate, reasonably close to a lot of bigger cities.
(03-30-2024, 12:50 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I’ve always said if a genie popped out of a bottle and told me I had no choice but to move immediately to someplace I have been before, that western North Carolina area would be it. Asheville, Hendersonville, Blowing Rock, just love it over there.  Gorgeous, great climate, reasonably close to a lot of bigger cities.

I live in Eastern North Carolina, near  Topsail Island, it was one the best decisions I ever made. Love the winters here mid 50's and no snow. The county I live does not have any snow plows.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like Jarons's post:
  • Granny Bear, Old School Hound
(03-30-2024, 01:19 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: This tournament has been about as disgusting as one could be.  Duke, Tennesse, Alabama, UConn...  Thank you, Golden Calf. I'm never going to London again.

Cal hasn't beaten anyone 4 straight years but someone's mad at...wait for it...REED SHEPPARD...HAHAHAHAHA
(03-30-2024, 10:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 01:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Some people making fun of Tennessee and Purdue before the tournament started but they have more wins in the last week in postseason than Cal has in many years and their programs are above ours now.

This is what CDS looks like, folks. Any psychiatrist would make that diagnosis.  You can see it in most every post.

CDS= Cal Derangement Sydrome

(03-30-2024, 05:53 AM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 12:38 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 12:31 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Tennessee announcers fun to listen to...

https://www.991thesportsanimal.com/

You a Tennessee fan Jet?
I am in this tournament lol. Love East Tennessee, spend lots of time there. Like Knoxville better than Lexington other than UK and Keeneland. Always root for them but never want them to beat UK in anything.

Tennessee on a 18-0 run to lead by 16.

You and I agree on a lot of things. Not on this. While I do love most of Tennessee from a natural beauty standpoint and love travelling there, I despise Knoxville. And it has nothing to do with UT. I just find it to be an old, ugly, dreary city. I like Lexington a gazillion times better.

On anything of real importance to the world, except for music, you, like me,  will be hard pressed to find any common ground with him.   Smile
Tennessee, like Kentucky, has far too many people that need transported the hell out of the country. It's hard to enjoy the scenic beauty when you have so many 5 foot 5 inch uglies standing around wearing red caps and preaching hate and sedetion. These two states need a huge garbage pick up. That aside, like Van said, Knoxville is an old, ugly, dreary , piece of rocky top shit city that no one but losers would want to visit.

Now, if you want to visit a place within five hours of where we live that is beautiful , eclectic,  hip, great night life, great music scene, lots of  young , hip people who don't hate their country, great scenery, great hiking trails, a place that has it all--- Asheville, NC !!!
I don't have CDS I have LDS = Losing Disgust Syndrome. As for the second bolded, I have never encountered anyone so ignorant, full of hate, and brainwashed to the point of being clinically insane as you in my life. You are on perma-block, not one more second of me reading your spew.
Whoever wins it is needing three more victories, so we're just halfway there. The biggest thing that Purdue and Tennessee have going for them is that they play one another, so one won't choke.

Purdue is coming off a loss to a #16 seed in the first round last season and have choked pretty hard in other years as well. Barnes has one fluke Final Four in a forty year career. Not saying recent Cal has been any better, just that the reputation that Purdue and Tennessee have is well-earned.
(03-30-2024, 03:55 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Whoever wins it is needing three more victories, so we're just halfway there. The biggest thing that Purdue and Tennessee have going for them is that they play one another, so one won't choke.

Purdue is coming off a loss to a #16 seed in the first round last season and have choked pretty hard in other years as well. Barnes has one fluke Final Four in a forty year career. Not saying recent Cal has been any better, just that the reputation that Purdue and Tennessee have is well-earned.

Recent Cal has been much worse. I would really not bring up Cal when trying to bash 2 teams playing in the Elite 8 lol
Postseason wins last 4 years:

Tennessee 11
Purdue 11
Kentucky 2

It really shouldn't surprise anyone that Purdue and Tennessee are still playing while Kentucky had another humiliating early exit. UK fans should be the last people on Earth right now dogging Purdue and Tennessee.
Tennessee and Purdue fans would trade 9 straight NITs for 1 national championship. Tennessee has never even played in the Final Four. Those programs aren't even sniffing Kentucky. When they win a few titles, they can talk.
This is 2024, not 2012. In 2024 they are laughing at us. If you said to a Purdue or Tennessee fan enjoy your Elite 8 and Final 4, we won a national championship 12 years ago, they would bust out laughing at you and ask you how baseball season is going.
(03-30-2024, 06:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This is 2024, not 2012. In 2024 they are laughing at us. If you said to a Purdue or Tennessee fan enjoy your Elite 8 and Final 4, we won a national championship 12 years ago, they would bust out laughing at you and ask you how baseball season is going.

No Kentucky fan is laughing about this year's finish. It'd be like a Kentucky football fan bragging about one win and a better finish than LSU or Tennessee though. There's levels to it and Purdue or Tennessee thinking that they're on Kentucky's level is the only thing that would be laughable.
(03-30-2024, 07:03 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 06:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This is 2024, not 2012. In 2024 they are laughing at us. If you said to a Purdue or Tennessee fan enjoy your Elite 8 and Final 4, we won a national championship 12 years ago, they would bust out laughing at you and ask you how baseball season is going.

No Kentucky fan is laughing about this year's finish. It'd be like a Kentucky football fan bragging about one win and a better finish than LSU or Tennessee though. There's levels to it and Purdue or Tennessee thinking that they're on Kentucky's level is the only thing that would be laughable.
Now you're pretending like it's not the last FOUR years? How many years of failure until you acknowledge programs have passed us up? Saying Purdue and Tennessee aren't on our level because we won stuff in the (more and more distant) past is like saying they aren't on UCLA's level or even Louisville's level. Nobody's buying that Tennessee and Purdue haven't been above our level for the last 4 years, which includes TODAY. Not to mention all the other teams that have passed us up. I don't want to talk about 2012, or Joe B. Hall, or Rick Pitino, or Adolph Rupp. Nobody cares. St. Peters's coach didn't care, Oakland's coach didn't care. Talking about TODAY, and TODAY our program is in the ditch and everybody is laughing at us.
(03-30-2024, 08:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Now you're pretending like it's not the last FOUR years? How many years of failure until you acknowledge programs have passed us up? Saying Purdue and Tennessee aren't on our level because we won stuff in the (more and more distant) past is like saying they aren't on UCLA's level or even Louisville's level. Nobody's buying that Tennessee and Purdue haven't been above our level for the last 4 years, which includes TODAY. Not to mention all the other teams that have passed us up. I don't want to talk about 2012, or Joe B. Hall, or Rick Pitino, or Adolph Rupp. Nobody cares. St. Peters's coach didn't care, Oakland's coach didn't care. Talking about TODAY, and TODAY our program is in the ditch and everybody is laughing at us.

Won't this be Tennessee's first ever final 4 if they make it tomorrow?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-30-2024, 09:00 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 08:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Won't this be Tennessee's first ever final 4 if they make it tomorrow?

I have no idea. Here is the state of things TODAY. They are in the thick of the hunt for a national championship. We got humiliated in the first round, again.

Plus this.
https://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showth...pid2449659
Now if UK fans can make themselves feel better by saying yeah but Rupp, Hall, Pitino, 2012 then have at it. Meanwhile we are getting passed up and that's a fact no matter how much you wish it wasn't.
(03-30-2024, 09:00 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Won't this be Tennessee's first ever final 4 if they make it tomorrow?

Yes, it will.

And UConn is making it look like everyone else is playing for second, so we will probably be laughing at Tennessee or Purdue hanging a Final Four banner soon.

Tennessee and Purdue fans thinking that they're on the level of a Kansas, North Carolina, or Kentucky because of what they've been able to do for one or two years is laughable.

If that's the standard, UConn is the best ever and Baylor, Gonzaga, and Florida Atlantic are among the best of the best.
(03-30-2024, 10:25 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 09:00 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Won't this be Tennessee's first ever final 4 if they make it tomorrow?

Yes, it will.

And UConn is making it look like everyone else is playing for second, so we will probably be laughing at Tennessee or Purdue hanging a Final Four banner soon.

Tennessee and Purdue fans thinking that they're on the level of a Kansas, North Carolina, or Kentucky because of what they've been able to do for one or two years is laughable.

If that's the standard, UConn is the best ever and Baylor, Gonzaga, and Florida Atlantic are among the best of the best.
Keep trying, you'll eventually get to FOUR years. I can't understand why you can't grasp the concept of TODAY. Not all-time, TODAY.

TODAY we are in a deep ditch and Tennessee and Purdue are in the Elite 8 with one going to the Final Four. You're acting like this is a one-off but we have sucked for FOUR YEARS now. If you want to argue that our program was above theirs before 2020 or that our program has 100x more tradition I am with you but as of TODAY their programs are above ours and that's an objective fact backed up by achievement. And it didn't just get that way in this tournament although this tournament is more undeniable proof of what we already know. It has happened over FOUR YEARS of our program sucking.
In the past four years, Tennessee has lost in the Sweet Sixteen, First Round and Second Round.

They're Kentucky, only with a Sweet 16 instead of a First Round loss.
(03-30-2024, 10:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 10:25 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote:

Yes, it will.

Keep trying, you'll eventually get to FOUR years. I can't understand why you can't grasp the concept of TODAY. Not all-time, TODAY.

TODAY we are in a deep ditch and Tennessee and Purdue are in the Elite 8 with one going to the Final Four. You're acting like this is a one-off but we have sucked for FOUR YEARS now. If you want to argue that our program was above theirs before 2020 or that our program has 100x more tradition I am with you but as of TODAY their programs are above ours and that's an objective fact backed up by achievement. And it didn't just get that way in this tournament although this tournament is more undeniable proof of what we already know. It has happened over FOUR YEARS of our program sucking.

I don't disagree with you.  We haven't done anything since 2019 and the last final 4 was 2015
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-30-2024, 11:24 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: In the past four years, Tennessee has lost in the Sweet Sixteen, First Round and Second Round.

They're Kentucky, only with a Sweet 16 instead of a First Round loss.

Getting warmer! Getting warmer! Almost there! That's THREE years. You're forgetting the FOURTH year, which is THIS YEAR, the here and now in which Tennessee is regular season SEC champions and in the Elite 8 and still alive while we were bounced in the first round again in yet another humiliating loss.

Last 4 years:

Tennessee 2 SEC championships, 11 postseason wins, still alive in the Elite 8.
Kentucky 0 SEC championships, 2 postseason wins, baseball season fresh off another humiliating first round loss.

Which is better CJ? You have no argument. Your college basketball knowledge is 50x more than mine but not your UK basketball knowledge. Very few love UK basketball more than me. This is painful but is obvious and out there in full view for everyone to see.

And don't even get me started on Alabama (4 SEC championships last 4 years). Their program is far above ours now.
I went ahead and counted. Alabama 14 postseason wins last four years to Kentucky's 2. 4 SEC titles to our none.
Blake Byler
@blakebyler45
·
4h
Nate Oats in five seasons at Alabama:

- Fastest coach in school history to 100 wins
- 2 SEC regular season titles
- 2 SEC Tournament championships
- The program’s first Final Four
Sidelines - Bama
@SSN_Alabama
·
5h
FINAL:

Alabama 89
Clemson 82

Nate Oats has led Alabama to the Final Four for the FIRST time in program history.

All new assistants. One returning starter. HE IS HIM!!!
Daniel Giddens?
@DGiddensBurner
·
5h
By the way, there’s just not a single good argument against Nate Oats being the best coach in the conference anymore.
OSH: "But guys, he's not an HoFer!!!" LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Jarons
Dawson Wade
@dawsonwade98
·
4h
Nate Oats is now 8-0 in postseason “short prep” games at Bama, aka any game with 1/0 days of rest.

‘21: SECT vs UT/LSU, R32 vs MD
‘23: SECT vs Mizz/TAMU, R32 vs MD
‘24: R32 vs GCU, E8 vs Clemson
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Kevin Sweeney
@CBB_Central
·
5h
In five years at Alabama, Nate Oats has:

Two SEC titles
Two SEC tournament titles
Three Sweet 16s
One Final Four

A transformational hire by Greg Byrne paid off with the program hitting an all-time high.
Jordan Harper
@HarperNation24
·
5h
This past offseason, Nate Oats lost:

- 2 first round draft picks
- Top 10 defensive center
- 3 key players to the portal
- 3 assistant coaches

He has now taken Alabama to the Final Four after losing all of that.

Elite. Elite. Elite.
(03-30-2024, 02:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 10:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 01:26 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Some people making fun of Tennessee and Purdue before the tournament started but they have more wins in the last week in postseason than Cal has in many years and their programs are above ours now.

This is what CDS looks like, folks. Any psychiatrist would make that diagnosis.  You can see it in most every post.

CDS= Cal Derangement Sydrome

(03-30-2024, 05:53 AM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 12:38 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 12:31 AM)Spud6 Wrote: You a Tennessee fan Jet?
I am in this tournament lol. Love East Tennessee, spend lots of time there. Like Knoxville better than Lexington other than UK and Keeneland. Always root for them but never want them to beat UK in anything.

Tennessee on a 18-0 run to lead by 16.

You and I agree on a lot of things. Not on this. While I do love most of Tennessee from a natural beauty standpoint and love travelling there, I despise Knoxville. And it has nothing to do with UT. I just find it to be an old, ugly, dreary city. I like Lexington a gazillion times better.

On anything of real importance to the world, except for music, you, like me,  will be hard pressed to find any common ground with him.   Smile
Tennessee, like Kentucky, has far too many people that need transported the hell out of the country. It's hard to enjoy the scenic beauty when you have so many 5 foot 5 inch uglies standing around wearing red caps and preaching hate and sedetion. These two states need a huge garbage pick up. That aside, like Van said, Knoxville is an old, ugly, dreary , piece of rocky top shit city that no one but losers would want to visit.

Now, if you want to visit a place within five hours of where we live that is beautiful , eclectic,  hip, great night life, great music scene, lots of  young , hip people who don't hate their country, great scenery, great hiking trails, a place that has it all--- Asheville, NC !!!
I don't have CDS I have LDS = Losing Disgust Syndrome. As for the second bolded, I have never encountered anyone so ignorant, full of hate, and brainwashed to the point of being clinically insane as you in my life. You are on perma-block, not one more second of me reading your spew.

Take your red cap with you. Me , brainwashed? That's hysterical coming from someone who believes 1-6-21 was a peaceful protest by American patriots. People are beginning to realize that it is incumbent upon all proud countrymen to start calling you dangerous redcoats(and red hats) out while we still have out republic. Kick rocks.

"May your $h!t come to life and kiss you on the face."  ---- FRANK ZAPPA

Now, back to the Sweet 16, which is now about to be the Final 4. UConn, Bama, UT, and Duke is gonna be "must puke" TV. Maybe, by some miracle, NC ST can pull off the upset over those damn Devils from Durham.
Old School Hound
The contents of this message are hidden because Old School Hound is on your ignore list.

Good luck to Tennessee today and Alabama in the Final Four.
Remember a couple of years ago when Bama freshman, Brandon Miller , was implicated in delivering a gun to someone that resulted in a fatal shooting of a 23 year-old. Remember Nate Oats' weak ass and tone deaf response to that act on the part of his star freshman. That should have been the end of Oats. I guess wins triumphs over character.   I was talking to my sister today. She can't stand Oats, either. Hope he finds his wife doing squat thrusts in the neighbors' cucumber patch.   Cal put a big liberal boot up his ass a few weeks ago and Hurley will do it , as well. Bang, bang Nate!!!