Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Central 27 Belfry 17 - Louisville Central AAA State Champs
vundy33 Wrote:I'm dissapointed...so close to winning it and going undefeated. I don't know how they let it slip away.
They didn't let it. Louisville Central earned it and both teams should be proud.
Congrats to Central on a hard fought win!! Mister is a man child in the middle of that defense and #33 should have been the MVP of the game. Some of the Belfry 8-10 yard runs would have been TD's if not for him. He really stepped up and took some licks but hung on like a pit bull.

You know my Pirates will be tough again next year. Can't wait till kickoff!!!!
I tried to tell all my pirate faithful not to take these boys lightly. I knew Belfry would not blow right past there guys. This team like I said was really quick, and that killed us. Ryan Preston played a excellent game. Two picks when we needed them, a couple good solid receptions, good coverage. But in the end, I knew we would have trouble with thier speed. I was just surprised they had the rushing yards they finished with. We were really lazy on tackling. We were tackling the way we did in the first half of the first Sheldon Clark game. A couple of questionable calls on the false starts, especially the 4 and 2 in the first half. The defense played great at times. The offense really struggled. 2 plays that I don't understand why Phillip Haywood went with, were the pass right before halftime with seconds left when we were up 10-7. We take the knee, go to halftime with a little momentium, and the lead. But we throw it and let it get took to the house. Not good. And then when Belfry scored thier last touchdown. I know it don't matter know, but I just don't know why Coach didn't go for 2. That way if we got it, we'd just be down 3, and could kick a FG and tie it. If we didn't get in, it wouldn't have much mattered seeing we were going to need a TD anyways. Just don't understand Coach Haywood sometimes. He always plays it safe most of the time, but sometimes takes chances when there is no need. But Congrats to Central. They brought it and took home the hardware. We need to get it out of our heads that we are invincible, and come back next year hungrier than ever.
OK, it has to be said... Anyone who knows me knows I call it like it is; I'm a rather matter of fact kinda person.

The officiating tonight was horrible, worse even than the Ashland fiasco last year. It seemed sometimes that they were just blind. All 3 of #6's TDs shoudl have been called back due to illegal blocks behind the back. The passing TD to #5 was clean though, and was the best pass their QB threw to one of his own receivers (though he threw 3 nice ones to our DBs). There were holds left and right by Central's OLine. At least 3 encroachments that weren't called. The jumbotron PROVED it.

Call me a whiner if you want. Call me a sore loser. Yeah, I'm sore, because I don't feel this game was called correctly, and IMO it cost the best team the game. THE game.

In Central's favor though, #6 was the best RB Belfry faced all year. #52 and 24 were beasts up front on defense, and those 2 are the reason we only scored 2 TDs. Just had such a hard time getting past them. Never before has anyone manhandled our OLine this season.

But this game should have been 17-7.

Yeah, we should have gone for 2, but hindsight is 20/20. We should have passed more, blitzed more, run outside more, but hindsight is 20/20.

I'm not disappointed in the Pirates: FAR from it! You boys played one **** of a tough game, and it's been an absolute joy watching you boys this season. I'll never forget you guys. I'm disappointed in the way the officials practically handed the game to Central, by not making obvious calls.
I'm not really going to say anything about the calls on the blocks in the back. For the most part they were just letting the boys play. But the one that boiled me like I said, was the 4th & 2 inthe first half. It was completely obvious who jumped first watching it on the field. Then the replay confirmed it was a bad call. There were alot of clipping calls missed, a couple on Belfry too, and some facemasks as well..

Sarrr Wrote:OK, it has to be said... Anyone who knows me knows I call it like it is; I'm a rather matter of fact kinda person.

The officiating tonight was horrible, worse even than the Ashland fiasco last year. It seemed sometimes that they were just blind. All 3 of #6's TDs shoudl have been called back due to illegal blocks behind the back. The passing TD to #5 was clean though, and was the best pass their QB threw to one of his own receivers (though he threw 3 nice ones to our DBs). There were holds left and right by Central's OLine. At least 3 encroachments that weren't called. The jumbotron PROVED it.

Call me a whiner if you want. Call me a sore loser. Yeah, I'm sore, because I don't feel this game was called correctly, and IMO it cost the best team the game. THE game.

In Central's favor though, #6 was the best RB Belfry faced all year. #52 and 24 were beasts up front on defense, and those 2 are the reason we only scored 2 TDs. Just had such a hard time getting past them. Never before has anyone manhandled our OLine this season.

Yeah, we should have gone for 2, but hindsight is 20/20. We should have passed more, blitzed more, run outside more, but hindsight is 20/20.

I'm not disappointed in the Pirates: FAR from it! You boys played one **** of a tough game, and it's been an absolute joy watching you boys this season. I'll never forget you guys. I'm disappointed in the way the officials practically handed the game to Central, by not making obvious calls.
Are they alright??
"Roid" was in a lot of pain when he got off the bus. Maydo wasn't injured, he was hurt. If you're hurt you can still play, and Maydo came back in 3 plays later.
Cant find the number!
WOW Congrats on a great season Pirates!
losing sucks!! Big Grin
I had no idea that Randy was hurt
Sarrr Wrote:I had no idea that Randy was hurt

me niether.. only one of seen was blackburn walking off the field..
He was'nt walking on his own,i saw that much..
But i did see the play that happened after he left the field, CENTRAL GOT BACK INTO "OUR" BACKFIELD!!!!!!!! That shows you just how hard it is to be a "STARTER" On Belfry's "O-LINE", He and the "O" line done great, It's a tough JOB!!!! And yes,,,,,I am SUPER DOOPER PROUD!!!!!!
Finally, someone said how terrible the officiating was. I hate to seem whiny, I really do, but we won this game with fair officials. One that Sarr didn't mention was a maybe 15 yard pass that may have not had that much impact of the game at all, but the Central lineman dropped in pass coverage, and Phil hit him, and as he fell he grabbed Phil's jerseys with one hand and facemask with the other and pulled him down. Oh, and at the beginning of the game, the fumble on the punt. Not to mention the supposed Drew fumble on the last drive for us, when he was down.

Good season, Jackets, but the 3A State Champs, The Officiating Crew.

However, the Drew sky rocket pass, why didn't we just shove the guy down! Take the penalty, but allow a pick 6?
I'll take that back, that punt his Ryan Preston, I dunno if that meant it was down though.

However, 4th and 3 pinned way back, Central jumped offsides and we got called, an AWFUL call.

and it might have been that same drive, the Central players helmet was straight over Chauncey before the ball was snapped, and as soon as it got snapped, he was already over the line and over Chauncey, and he stopped us. Neutral zone infraction.

Just a few, I counted 7 bad calls up until the 3rd quarter, then I quit counting.
quit complaining!!! Belfry was suppose to run off and win this one easily you all lost bve ty 11 points it's not like you all lost by one. I bet their are teams that you all played and beat in the playoffs saying that if they would of got a better called game then they would of won. It's just adversity that you have to meet and beat when you play a team in the state champions. Isn't their a saying when u get off the bus in the moutains your already down 7. Well theres a new saying when you get off the bus at papa john's and your playing a team from Louisville your down 7. What goes around comes around.
Congratulations to Louisville Central on beating one of the best football teams on this side of the state. I really thought that Belfry was unbeatable this year. I do think that the last play of the first half actually won the game for Central. Had that young man not made such a great play with no time left I believe Belfry goes home with the big prize.

Once again Congratulations to Louisville Central on taking down a giant. Congratulations to my friends in Belfry for the great season they had.

How many more days until football in 3-A?
Louisville Central was just well prepared. I mean look at their schedule; They lost to Male, Manual, Johnson Central (who Belfry killed), St.X and Highlands. I like everyone else on here had to eat that nasty crow lastnight but what can we do. Bad calls, missed calls, it happens every game, the ball just didn't bounce Belfry's way. IF Louisville Central don't return a wounded duck for a TD in the closin seconds of the first half Belfry wins this game. Central went into the half with ALL the momentum and that hurt Belfry.
Belfry needs to play a better schedule.
Sarrr Wrote:OK, it has to be said... Anyone who knows me knows I call it like it is; I'm a rather matter of fact kinda person.

Whiner!

Funny how the refs only picked on the Pirates!
I will complain, Are you not understanding here? 3A State Championship. These seniors will never have that chance again, the biggest game in the season, and the refs made terrible calls that if correct, Belfry won. If you're gonna have crappy officiating, this isn't the place to do it.

And as stated above, Bad calls do happen in every game, but more than 10 in state?
There were seniors all across the state that will never have a chance again It really is laughable how many people blame the officials when their team loses.

How about not letting #6 break so many tackles on the way to two TD runs. How about not fumbling so many times. Or not throwing an interception that gets returned for a TD. It seems there were alot of areas where the game turned that was no fault of the officials.
Two plays beat Belfry.... One was the 40 plus run from the line of scrimage and the interseption returned for a touchdown to end the half. Turn overs didn't help any.. Both sides had some questionable calls. Don't think the refs beat you though. Great season for you Pirates, look forward to watching you next season. You represented eastern Ky very well. Congrats.
Congrats Central on your 1st State Championship!!

and CONGRATS BELFRY on a great season. You guys have had the best season ever! 14 and 0 going into the state championship game in AAA and played well enough, brought big enough leads, all season to allow your freshman to taste several minutes in almost every varsity game this year. You made everyone proud and you should hold your heads high!!! I agree with several post on here and disagree with others. Thats what its all about though...opinions. I'm not going to try to elaborate on all of them. But YES we should have took a knee at the half and yes we did make a few mistakes that hurt us. But at the same time YES the officiating was horrible and Im not going to sit here and whine but it was and that is very sad to have that going on in a state championship game. ANYONE who Knows football, and wants to call these people whinners or whatever, Needs to watch the film.....and you also have to realize that even if some of the Bad calls didn't have any impact on an actual TD at that moment, it still gets in the boys heads what the officials are doing. Anybody who thinks Belfry was over looking is wrong. Everyone I know, knew it would be TOUGH! But thought we "should" win in a good close hard fought game......and still do.
Blau Vogel Wrote:Whiner!

Funny how the refs only picked on the Pirates!

:confused: Count the calls against Belfry!!! One? against central....were you there?
Advance Eagles Wrote:I called this one, I was right!
Yes you did, and yes you were! Good call Advance Eagles.
FBALL Wrote:There were seniors all across the state that will never have a chance again It really is laughable how many people blame the officials when their team loses.

How about not letting #6 break so many tackles on the way to two TD runs. How about not fumbling so many times. Or not throwing an interception that gets returned for a TD. It seems there were alot of areas where the game turned that was no fault of the officials.

They didn't lose their chance by officials.

It's kinda hard to tackle someone when you're being nailed in the back, grabbed by your jersey. How about the fact that ONE FUMBLE, he was down, we could've scored if the call was made. How about the INT TD was the only one that they didn't cheat on.

and #10 had that one and #6 took it away, ballhog lol.
bluegrassballa Wrote:It was a great game. Belfry was just dominating in the first half. Then the very last play of the first half, the QB for Belfry threw an int and Central returned it all the way back to take the lead 14-10 at the half. To me, it looked like Belfry had given up. But they did play hard and I congratulate them on an amazing season. Best of luck to Belfry in 2008. And congrats to the new AAA state champions. You all played your hearts out.
I have to disagree. No one dominated anyone in the first half. Additionally I think Belfry gave the game away on the play call after the interception before the end of the 2nd qtr. End result, INT and 7 more points for Central. The kid from Central ran inthe endzone and out the back of the endzone,up the sidewalk and into the locker room. LOL Belfry was no match for the speed that Central had. Belfry had no chance of breaking the big play. Not enough speed to compete. Belfry was more physical than Central early but it evened out late in the game.
With 5 minutes left in the 4th Belfry was already beat with no chance of making a comeback. Great great game though and hats off to Central for winning their 1st state title.
Congrats Central on your first state championship, and congrats Belfry on such a great season, sounds like things didn't go your guys way but all good things have to come to an end. And the Belfry seniors have nothing to hold there heads about.