Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mayfield 58 LCA 36
Let’s not get carried away and anoint our Cards just yet. We have a real football school coming next week. Beechwood may be better. They certainly will be more disciplined. Then if we get past that, we gotta beat #1 in RPI, OC at state. Very tough route.
(11-18-2023, 02:06 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:00 AM)Shogun Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:38 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’m completely baffled. This is the biggest regional upset, imo, since Raceland was beaten by an incredibly young LCA team in 2008. Idk if you can call it an upset with Mayfields history. Either way I didn’t see a Mayfield win, let alone a blow out.

Wasn’t as much of a blowout as the score indicates. It was 30-29 to start the 4th quarter. Mayfield was just all gas no brakes from the jump and LCA’s only horse in Hensley eventually tired. Boley threw two picks in the 4th, one returned for a TD to put Mayfield up three scores, the other to seal the deal. Like I said in the prediction thread, you take away Hensley and force Boley to beat you, and LCA becomes a much more beatable team. Mayfield did that.

(11-18-2023, 01:58 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Another thing about this game. Everyone across the state was expecting a huge game by Hensley, when it was a big game by JuJu Starks instead.

Absolutely, Juju was a stud tonight.
Does anyone else find it interesting that your SEC committed QB is your weak link? A kid that has offers from almost every major school in every major conference is who a high school team from the football powerhouse state of Ky would rather try to force to beat them  than a RB that’s committed to a FCS school…..
I thought the QB from Sayre was better than the LCA QB.  I wasn’t impressed with Boley when they played us or in this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Belichick
I had NOT seen Hensley this season. My question was just based off the antics I saw from him and his daddy while at Central. It was hard to watch….
(11-18-2023, 02:16 AM)Shogun Wrote: Is horse collar tackle really not an automatic first down at the high school level, or did the refs blow that one early in the game?

No automatic first downs in HS, only first downs by yardage.
I tell you another penalty there isn’t in high school football. There is no such thing as a 15 yard penalty for too many men on the field. On LCA’s first drive of the game, the Cards got caught with a player running off the field. They marked it 15 yards instead of 5.
After many years in the same district with this bunch I can say a genuine thank you to Mayfield. The arrogance of the LCA players and community is overwhelming; always happy to see them go down. Watched this one from halftime on, I believe I was watching a state champion in red helmets.
[-] The following 4 users Like JumperPride1's post:
  • Buford T Justice, Iggyfan, rookie57, Walt Longmire
(11-18-2023, 12:37 PM)JumperPride1 Wrote: After many years in the same district with this bunch I can say a genuine thank you to Mayfield. The arrogance of the LCA players and community is overwhelming; always happy to see them go down. Watched this one from halftime on, I believe I was watching a state champion in red helmets.
agree 100% couldn’t have happened to a better bunch people will laugh but Boley has never impressed me the only thing he has going for him is he is 6’5” and that’s about all colleges look at anymore. I hope UK is not counting on him to lead them to the promise land because it’s not gonna happen. He will hand out towels and water for about 2 or 3 years then transfer to someplace like EKU. Everyone made a big deal about him being just a junior and re classifying this year. There is a reason for that he wouldn’t be eligible he is too old he been held back so long playing against kids as a grown man you tend to look better but when everybody starts to catch up you don’t look as hot.
I don’t know how many realized this. The UK commit came to War Memorial last night and threw 2 touchdown passes to red helmets and one to white helmets.
LCA sold their soul to bring in players to win a state title and it blew up in their face.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OhYouDidntKnow's post:
  • Iggyfan
After last night I truly believe we are the best of the rest, but you don’t win 3 championships in a row by being an average program. Beechwood will bring it, and I have said to my friends before last night that I think beechwood’s QB is better than Boley. This will be another war and Mayfield better be ready for it. If mayfield puts together another game like last night we will beat beechwood, but we are going to have a fight on our hands.
(11-18-2023, 12:58 PM)Buford T Justice Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 12:37 PM)JumperPride1 Wrote: After many years in the same district with this bunch I can say a genuine thank you to Mayfield. The arrogance of the LCA players and community is overwhelming; always happy to see them go down. Watched this one from halftime on, I believe I was watching a state champion in red helmets.
agree 100% couldn’t have happened to a better bunch people will laugh but Boley has never impressed me the only thing he has going for him is he is 6’5” and that’s about all colleges look at anymore. I hope UK is not counting on him to lead them to the promise land because it’s not gonna happen. He will hand out towels and water for about 2 or 3 years then transfer to someplace like EKU. Everyone made a big deal about him being just a junior and re classifying this year. There is a reason for that he wouldn’t be eligible he is too old he been held back so long playing against kids as a grown man you tend to look better but when everybody starts to catch up you don’t look as hot.

Do you routinely hate on young kids this hard or is this a new thing for you because it’s kind of shameful?

Boley is a great player and that is the reason every college in the country is after him. Passing QBs like him don’t single handily win games at the HS level like scrambling QBs can. Their ability however translates well to the college and professional game. Mayfield simply has the better team, great win for a great program.
Asked Hensley last night how much they paid him. His response “you don’t even want to know”

(11-18-2023, 03:30 PM)fansville Wrote:

Do you routinely hate on young kids this hard or is this a new thing for you because it’s kind of shameful?

Boley is a great player and that is the reason every college in the country is after him. Passing QBs like him don’t single handily win games at the HS level like scrambling QBs can. Their ability however translates well to the college and professional game. Mayfield simply has the better team, great win for a great program.
Boley can make ALL the throws. The throw that impresses me most with him is the deep comeback from the opposite hash; always on time and accurate, that throw alone makes him saturday ready. That said 24 for Mayfield is different…
(11-18-2023, 02:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Always love seeing Mayfield win and the Christians lose!!!  Double win for Old School. 

WIN #13, CARDS!!!

Hating God is going to end very badly for you but don't worry, it's only for eternity...
(11-18-2023, 05:02 PM)Mayfieldman Wrote: Asked Hensley last night how much they paid him. His response “you don’t even want to know”

It's obviously more than Mayfield offered
(11-18-2023, 05:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Always love seeing Mayfield win and the Christians lose!!!  Double win for Old School. 

WIN #13, CARDS!!!

Hating God is going to end very badly for you but don't worry, it's only for eternity...
I myself was wondering if he was against Christians or just the Lexington Christian academy
(11-18-2023, 05:44 PM)rookie57 Wrote:

WIN #13, CARDS!!!

I myself was wondering if he was against Christians or just the Lexington Christian academy

He is against both.
High school football don't usually have talent all over the field.
There has to be things in place to match the talent level of the QB if you are to be a dynamic passing team.
STATS

MHS- Tot off -458 yards
RUSHING-26 for 186, #24,17/173 yards, 3 TD’s, 60,55,1
PASSING-272 yards, # 9,21/29, 272 yards
RECEIVING-#1,6/101,64 yard TD, #2, 6/89,#15,3/6,6 yard TD, #16,4/40,7 yard TD, #8, 2/36
#33,2 interceptions, 1for 80 yard pick 6
#2, 1 72 yard pick 6
13 first downs

LCA Tot off-477 yards
Rushing, 41/260 yards
PASSING, #7, 23/31 , 217 yards, 3 interceptions
22 first downs
Penalties, 7/51
5 turnovers

Not positive on how accurate these are, but it is the stats that I received

(11-18-2023, 05:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 05:44 PM)rookie57 Wrote:

WIN #13, CARDS!!!

He is against both.
I hope that’s not true
(11-18-2023, 05:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 05:02 PM)Mayfieldman Wrote: Asked Hensley last night how much they paid him. His response “you don’t even want to know”

It's obviously more than Mayfield offered
Dang right. We are all home grown here buddy! We don’t borrow recruit or none of that funny stuff. It’s sad when a team literally picks and choose its transfers and still loses
I saw Boley play at Raceland and wasn't overly impressed. I think he certainly has potential but definitely won't be starting at UK as a freshman. Hensley however was a dude. Mayfield is rolling I think they're going to take it all in 2A
[-] The following 2 users Like BSpicerTV's post:
  • Bull got out!, KColley
Mayfield was my pick at the start of the season and I am sticking with them. Beechwood is definitely exceeding my expectations as I figured there may be some struggle between turnover of coaches. Definitely not, I was wrong on that. Should be a great battle but I am riding with the Cards!
When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Congratulations to Mayfield for an incredible game. I thought this was LCA's year, but Mayfield brought the intensity and played like they had something to prove. Whatever doubt I held about Mayfield is gone.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Red Eminence's post:
  • Bull got out!, rookie57
(11-18-2023, 10:04 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Hensley was the offense for LCA. However, he was the flame to the fuel that lit Mayfield on fire. His antics where he was taunting Mayfield’s crowd early in the game just made the fans and the players that much more motivated to kick their tales. You don’t come into a packed house of a real football school and act like you want the team to bring it, cause they just might. So, once his line got tired and the little red helmets could get to him before he got started, they were coming as hard as possible. I bet he is very sore today.

First, I'm so glad I was there to witness the game. This has to go down as one of Mayfield's best performances. I'm in agreement with all the others who love to see Mayfield win over this hand-picked team. 

Now, for the bolded above. Lit the fire is absolutely right!! 

LCA had driven down the field with authority and had established themselves early. Hensley got in the endzone, but it was called back for a hold. LCA followed with a delay of game then a false start. It was loud enough the players didn't hear the whistle and played on for 2 or 3 seconds. Boley had dropped back, and Hoover for Mayfield was coming on a blitz. Hoover got to Boley, made contact and began to sling him before letting up without further issue. One of the LCA linemen did as he should and reacted by running up to protect his QB. He probably said something to Hoover, but it was all without incident. Hensley had a word as well as the players were crossing back to their respective sides. The crowd began to get louder as they applauded the third penalty in a row. Hensley turned to the Mayfield sideline and began to make gestures most definitely appearing as some sort of taunting. The crowd responded louder and louder, and Hensley kept it up. He came off the field and it looked as if a coach pulled him. By the looks of the coaches' body language, he was getting a good "chat" from the coach. The next play Boley threw a pick6 as Diego Torres took it back 80 yards!!! The place went crazy and the atmosphere at War Memorial drastically changed in a matter of minutes. That feeling I had that Mayfield was an underdog quickly vanished.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Bull got out!
I saw the play on YouTube. Don't understand what Hensley would think would happen by just motioning to the Mayfield crowd like that. A team that has such a rich and storied tradition is only going to use that as fuel as you all have said. Heck of a player, but not a good move on his part.
(11-19-2023, 08:33 PM)KColley Wrote: I saw the play on YouTube. Don't understand what Hensley would think would happen by just motioning to the Mayfield crowd like that. A team that has such a rich and storied tradition is only going to use that as fuel as you all have said. Heck of a player, but not a good move on his part.
Was not a good move for sure, however, Hensley backed up his talk, he carried LCA as far as any kid possibly could.

WIN #13, CARDS!!!

I don't hate God.  Can't hate something that has never, ever been proved to exist.  ZERO evidence!!! But lots of evidence suggesting much of it is made up. Do your due diligence and do some research.

This  brilliant man sums up my views on the subject.  Surely, you have 2 minutes to venture outside your cocoon of religious tapes & CDs to hear why the world's preeminent astrophysicist explain why he is less and less convinced of a benevolent power in the universe. No matter how many CDs you order or how much CBN you watch, you and I and Dr DeGrasse-Tyson are all gonna end the same way ---in the ground, or dust in the wind---for eternity. It's not as pleasant a thought as what you were brainwashed to believe from childhood,  but as Dr Sagan said:  “The significance of our lives and our fragile planet is then determined only by our own wisdom and courage. We are the custodians of life's meaning. We long for a Parent to care for us, to forgive us our errors, to save us from our childish mistakes. But knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal.”

Find yourself a worthy goal, Jet.

GO CARDINALS!!!  Bring back #13 !!!!

Hound, I will have to pray for you. I don’t mean that to be mean or rude. I mean that I am truly concerned for you after that post. I hope that doesn’t bother you. Not intended to. It’s intended to let you know that someone does care.
[-] The following 3 users Like mysonis55's post:
  • Glory_Days, jetpilot, rookie57
(11-20-2023, 01:36 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Hound, I will have to pray for you. I don’t mean that to be mean or rude. I mean that I am truly concerned for you after that post. I hope that doesn’t bother you. Not intended to. It’s intended to let you know that someone does care.
Ditto
There is a 15 yard penalty for illegal participation (12 men on the field for a play). Most often you seen them blow it dead as soon as the ball is snapped for 12 men on the field of the 5 yard variety. But if a play occurs and one team has 12 it is a 15 yard penalty. You're welcome.