Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Paintsville have a coach???
Does this person have a name?
IRISH4 Wrote:If it's who I heard it was then I wouldn't care a bit in the world.

If it's the same person I heard, I wouldn't care one bit either.
1911 Wrote:Does this person have a name?

Yes but it's just a rumor for now. No need in puttin his name out there and havin people turn against him over some rumor.
I do not know who the next head coah will be for Paintsville but I wish them nothing but the best. As a former Tiger I have always kept up with how they were doing. It bothers me to go home on Fridays and see just how far we have fallen in the past few years. I know that Coach Kinner would do a great job and I hope that he gets the job. Coach Allen was/is a good coach and I know that he is going to take the blame for everything that has happened, but a coach can not force kids to play. Some are going to say that the kids didn't want to play for him, but as for myself, I loved him as a coach. Although he was never my head coach, I played for him while he was an assistant and thought he always had us prepared for Friday night. However,since he is gone, Coach Kinner is the best choice for Paintsville. He is a Paintsville product and has a passion for the game (just watch him on the sidelines on Friday night).
As for the assistants, no matter who the HC is, if they don't ask Coach Chirico to stay on the staff, then they are making a huge mistake. He has proven over the years that he is worth his weight in gold, both on and off the field. Coaches do so much behind the scenes that it is impossible for the average fan to even understand, and Coach Chirico is someone that every HC NEEDS on his staff. I love Paintsville and want nothing but the best for our program. I hope Coach Kinner gets the job because I know him and I know he has a passion for the Tiger program. I am not saying that Coach Allen didn't have a passion, in fact I know he did, but for whatever reason it did not turn out the way everyone wanted. Paintsville is a small class A school and we need ALL athletes to play every sport. We need to reach out to our fan base to have a better atmosphere on Friday nights to make it exciting for our boys on Friday nights. Heck, if it were possible I'd let the student body in free to ALL home games. I have so many ideas that I could go on forever, however, its not up to me. It ALL starts at the top and I'm not talking about the next HC, it is going to take a total group effort to get back to the "good ole days". It is not too late, we have won a regional championship 2001 and went to another just 3 years ago.(and outplayed our opponent in that game). We have the athletes in our school to compete, but its the job of the Big Blue Nation as a whole to get them on the field.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I do not know who the next head coah will be for Paintsville but I wish them nothing but the best. As a former Tiger I have always kept up with how they were doing. It bothers me to go home on Fridays and see just how far we have fallen in the past few years. I know that Coach Kinner would do a great job and I hope that he gets the job. Coach Allen was/is a good coach and I know that he is going to take the blame for everything that has happened, but a coach can not force kids to play. Some are going to say that the kids didn't want to play for him, but as for myself, I loved him as a coach. Although he was never my head coach, I played for him while he was an assistant and thought he always had us prepared for Friday night. However,since he is gone, Coach Kinner is the best choice for Paintsville. He is a Paintsville product and has a passion for the game (just watch him on the sidelines on Friday night).
As for the assistants, no matter who the HC is, if they don't ask Coach Chirico to stay on the staff, then they are making a huge mistake. He has proven over the years that he is worth his weight in gold, both on and off the field. Coaches do so much behind the scenes that it is impossible for the average fan to even understand, and Coach Chirico is someone that every HC NEEDS on his staff. I love Paintsville and want nothing but the best for our program. I hope Coach Kinner gets the job because I know him and I know he has a passion for the Tiger program. I am not saying that Coach Allen didn't have a passion, in fact I know he did, but for whatever reason it did not turn out the way everyone wanted. Paintsville is a small class A school and we need ALL athletes to play every sport. We need to reach out to our fan base to have a better atmosphere on Friday nights to make it exciting for our boys on Friday nights. Heck, if it were possible I'd let the student body in free to ALL home games. I have so many ideas that I could go on forever, however, its not up to me. It ALL starts at the top and I'm not talking about the next HC, it is going to take a total group effort to get back to the "good ole days". It is not too late, we have won a regional championship 2001 and went to another just 3 years ago.(and outplayed our opponent in that game). We have the athletes in our school to compete, but its the job of the Big Blue Nation as a whole to get them on the field.

Great Post...:Thumbs:
Have they named one yet?
Just curious....who is it going to be? Have the named a replacement yet?
from what i have heard there was a little situation that happened las year between him and a player. i heard that it was going to be coach daniels which i think is great
bigE Wrote:dont you think it would be a good idea to go outside the county, where politics might not play into it as much...theres alot of quality people outside the county but i know at p-ville it has alot to do with who you are, and maybe thats why their in the position they are right now..

Both Johnson Co. schools are guilty of that alot!!!!!!!
[quote=tigerfan1]from what i have heard there was a little situation that happened las year between him and a player. i heard that it was going to be coach daniels which i think is great[/QUOTE
You think this would be great? Would you care to elaborate on how he would be a good football coach because obviously you know something everyone else doesn't. I don't think he is a true "Blue Blood" anyway is he?
tigerfan1 Wrote:from what i have heard there was a little situation that happened las year between him and a player. i heard that it was going to be coach daniels which i think is great
Wow. Surprise there, if it pans out that way.
tigerfan1 Wrote:from what i have heard there was a little situation that happened las year between him and a player.
This is a little vague. If you can, what happened?

i heard that it was going to be coach daniels which i think is great
Donnie Daniels?
I have heard of three people that were going to reply, and Jimmy Daniels wasn't one of them, although I feel sure he will.
The Guru Wrote:Donnie Daniels?
I have heard of three people that were going to reply, and Jimmy Daniels wasn't one of them, although I feel sure he will.

I haven't heard anything on the situation. Can anyone confirm that Coach Allen has stepped down/asked to leave?
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I haven't heard anything on the situation. Can anyone confirm that Coach Allen has stepped down/asked to leave?

Jim Tom is gone... I heard this from very reliable sources!
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I haven't heard anything on the situation. Can anyone confirm that Coach Allen has stepped down/asked to leave?
It was even in the Paintsville Herald, today.
it was on the news last night
The Guru Wrote:Donnie Daniels?
who are the names that you heard? i heard jimmy daniels, jason kinner, burhead and one more that i cant say at this time
The Guru Wrote:It was even in the Paintsville Herald, today.

Thanks for the info. I would like to take this time to thank Coach Allen for his hard work and support. He will always in my mind be a good coach...but for whatever reason things did not work at Paintsville. I wish him nothing but the best in the future.
tigerfan1 Wrote:who are the names that you heard? i heard jimmy daniels, jason kinner, burhead and one more that i cant say at this time
I have heard Jason Kinner, B.J. Ward and Hans Dodderer.
i heard there names today
bigE Wrote:dont you think it would be a good idea to go outside the county, where politics might not play into it as much...theres alot of quality people outside the county but i know at p-ville it has alot to do with who you are, and maybe thats why their in the position they are right now..

I will have to disagree with this mainly because Coach Allen is from outside the county. He has been here for over a decade but he is not from Paintsville. Coach Allen did not get this job due to the buddy system, he paid his dues and waited his turn. Too bad for him he got the hook after only two years, everyone who knows anything about football knows it takes time to rebuild a program. Hopefully, the next Head Coach has a little more time before he gets the hook or we might be right back to square one again in a few years.