Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Largest snow you remember?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yes it was and a guy came to the theatre and offered us tickets to that UK game. A freind of mine had a 4x4 Dodge and we were going to try to go but then we found out the roads were closed. Probably a good thing we just listened to it on the radio that day.

This winter will be a repeat. The cold air, the moisture, the southern tracks....... I've not been this excited since 1993.
When was it 1992 or 1994 when we got like 2-3 ft.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:April 1987 and March 1993....
Dream Weaver i remenber thies two storm totals well the 1987 storm i was 25 years old,i was working in perry co. then,it came in on friday march 31,87 and snowed all that day and night and all day saturday april 1 1987 yes ( april fools day) that evening in knott co. we had from anywhere around 29 to 36 in. acording to where in the county you where. And the one in 1993 i still living in knott co. was about 27in. but it was alot colder than the one in 1987
Anyone remember the cold air from the blizzard of 1994? -37 in Shelbyville, -32 in Somerset. I remember the high being -4 degrees in Pikeville, but I'm unsure what the low was.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I was young, early to mid-nineties when we got at least a foot and half of snow.

That was great.
I'm in the same boat with these guys....then again, I was only 7 so it seemed like 10 feet of snow and I loved it. Wish we could get it again and have it come this month!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ronald_reagan Wrote:Anyone remember the cold air from the blizzard of 1994? -37 in Shelbyville, -32 in Somerset. I remember the high being -4 degrees in Pikeville, but I'm unsure what the low was.
Like I said in one of my earlier posts. I no for a fact it got down to -20 with the wind chill one night during that winter.
ronald_reagan Wrote:The 1996 one was early on in January wasn't it? I had went to a UK game that night, and on the way home the next day, cops stopped us on the Mountain parkway and made us turn around. So we stayed at THE hotel in the huge town of Stanton for 2 nights, while the parkway was closed.
Stuck in Stanton for 2 days? Wow! Thats like getting stuck in Phelps for 2 days LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Like I said in one of my earlier posts. I no for a fact it got down to -20 with the wind chill one night during that winter.

I'm thinking the temps were down to -15... and winds were around 60-70mph at times. this would give easy -50 wind chills.