Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Where is Your Corbin Pride ?"
(09-01-2023, 10:46 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:45 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:43 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:39 PM)pjdoug Wrote: They've not had success in 40 years, Tom Tom.
Shouldn't you be in a Whitley thread criticizing every football coach that they have ever had for never, ever winning a state title? Has Whitley ever won a regional title in football?
Yes, they have, and don't worry where I am, Waterboy.
Yes, they have what? Won a state title? When?

You asked if they ever won region. Did you forget already? Sober up.
So, no state title, but that's okay for Whitley, but a 40 year drought by Corbin has you here piling on their coach? Grow up, kid.
(09-01-2023, 10:48 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:43 PM)Lucas Wrote: Shouldn't you be in a Whitley thread criticizing every football coach that they have ever had for never, ever winning a state title? Has Whitley ever won a regional title in football?
Yes, they have, and don't worry where I am, Waterboy.

So, no state title, but that's okay for Whitley, but a 40 year drought by Corbin has you here piling on their coach? Grow up, kid.
Their coach is as weak as you are. I'm a winner!
(09-01-2023, 10:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:44 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Yes, they have, and don't worry where I am, Waterboy.

Sure you are. That is so obvious. Big Grin
(09-01-2023, 10:52 PM)Lucas Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 10:45 PM)Lucas Wrote: Yes, they have what? Won a state title? When?

Sure you are. That is so obvious. Big Grin
It's very obvious than I am.
Corbin’s cookies slowly crumbling, so much pride just to watch Corbin get beat by the first decent team they play in the play offs every year ? this dude is pouring his heart out ?, you was playing Jackson county in the play offs a couple years ago like they gave up their home field in the regulars season so they could get more gate money if they played at Corbin, y’all have done nothing and will continue to do nothing it’s been facts for 40 years now so o think it’s time to wipe the tears up at this point
[-] The following 1 user Likes ScratchGolf's post:
  • Deuce8
(09-01-2023, 03:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-01-2023, 02:58 PM)FormerJacket72 Wrote: The problem with your many postings “complaining” about anything Corbin is you claim to be a fan but you trash anything that isn’t Haddix.  I’m not a Corbin fan but what they have been able to do is pretty amazing year after year. 

You talk about Boyle County as if they weren’t winning before Haddix got there.  Last time I checked Haddix won as many state championships as Greer has won at Corbin.  You obviously have an axe to grind with the administration at Corbin and haven’t gotten over Haddix leaving.  He is a grown man and chose to leave for Boyle. 

For the love of the players stop posting this trash and have some respect for the young men that are currently playing and root them on this season. I don’t care who wins a state championship in our community as long as it’s our community. 

You probably should have a sit down with Cox and Greer and hash out your insecurities.  Any program in the mountains would love to have a coach like Greer.  You’re probably one of those guys that jumps on here to bash Greer but tell all your friends you know him really well and you are buddies.

You obviously don't know what all went on when Haddix was here. What Haddix requested, while here, was miniscule. Cox had no desire to accommodate him because he wanted his boy to have the job.

Also, I am not the only one on here echoing these same sentiments. In fact, Viz and Hound are equally, if not, more harsh in their criticism than I am. The fact of the matter is, the criticism is warranted. Forty years absent a title at a school like Corbin gives a fan a license to criticize.

As far as being friends with Greer or any of the Cox suckers who have their grimy fingers in Corbin's school pie, I've never told anyone than I'm a friend of any of them. I would be embarrassed to do so.  I was the guy back a half century ago that saw these so-called leaders  rolling doobies down on 8th, 9th, & Kentucky Streets and decided I didn't want to follow in their footsteps.  And now they are calling themselves followers of Christ and leading the kids in our schools.  You couldn't make this sh!t up if you were a fiction writer.
All I know is this, If Tommy ever comes to a complete sudden stop while walking the sidelines they will have to take Lewallen and Greer to hospital to get Lewallen surgically removed from Toms A**..
[-] The following 2 users Like Cowboy42's post:
  • Deuce8, HighViz
(09-01-2023, 12:56 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: No dog in this fight but the saying, “winners talk about winning and losers talk about winners” fit the Corbin/Greer Vs. Boyle/Haddix debate.

The pride part I’m not sure about ? I mean new stadium/turf, weight room, indoor turf.. seems like Corbin/Board/TimShort  is 100% behind Greer and want the Hounds to win
Winners talk about winning and losers talk about winners is a fair statement in this case. Haddix is a winner 3 time State Championship Winner in a row in case you hadn’t heard. No debate about who the winner is as we all know. And of course all those people are behind Greer and wants the Hounds to win. In December we can re-visit this thread…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • HighViz
(09-02-2023, 03:36 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: Corbin’s cookies slowly crumbling, so much pride just to watch Corbin get beat by the first decent team they play in the play offs every year ? this dude is pouring his heart out ?, you was playing Jackson county in the play offs a couple years ago like they gave up their home field in the regulars season so they could get more gate money if they played at Corbin, y’all have done nothing and will continue to do nothing it’s been facts for 40 years now so o think it’s time to wipe the tears up at this point

Please quit golf and concentrate on English.
A lot of fans are blaming Greer/Cox and company and maybe some of the blame does belong with them but Corbin has been unfortunate in being the second best team A LOT!! There have been many times when a school was in a peak time time and won’t be that good again but Corbin was just Corbin. Very high level but didn’t elevate or couldn’t elevate their game. It takes a lot of luck to win a championship, so many things have to align for it to happen. Sometimes all the talent, coaching and money can’t buy you a trophy if you don’t have luck and Karma on your side. Sometimes the ghosts of teams past are more of an opponent than the team on the field. I think Greer has two really good coaches on his staff, the rest are wannabes or there because they are retreads from others schools or the GOB network.

All that being said when Stoops goes to bat for you, well, you better deliver.
(09-04-2023, 03:45 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: A lot of fans are blaming Greer/Cox and company and maybe some of the blame does belong with them but Corbin has been unfortunate in being the second best team A LOT!!  There have been many times when a school was in a peak time time and won’t be that good again but Corbin was just Corbin.  Very high level but didn’t elevate or couldn’t elevate their game.  It takes a lot of luck to win a championship, so many things have to align for it to happen. Sometimes all the talent, coaching and money can’t buy you a trophy if you don’t have luck and Karma on your side.  Sometimes the ghosts of teams past are more of an opponent than the team on the field.  I think Greer has two really good coaches on his staff, the rest are wannabes or there because they are retreads from others schools or the GOB network. 

Corbin had the talent to win in 2021 was there but egotism and personal agendas by coaches killed the team. If everyone had been on the same page and kids had been utilized to maximize success , Corbin may have very well won a championship.

If Cox hadn't show Haddix the door, how many titles would Corbin have? Bull? Hound? Viz? I know they would have won last year. Probably '21, as well. How many others?

Dave Cox will live in infamy as being the one man most responsible for costing Corbin football the most state titles. How in the hell can that Board of Puppets look themselves in the mirror and give that man straight A's on his report card? How in the hell did that man ascend to the position of being called Super Dave. Could it be he was tongue pleasuring a couple of old brauds over at the BOE? Lapping up that poon tang pie like mothers milk and wild mountain honey?

That's weird because every person I talk to in Corbin that knows anything about football fully understands that chasing off haddix was a horrible horrible decision. I'm yet to run across someone outside these message boards that actually will look me in the face and tell me it wasn't a huge mistake.
[-] The following 2 users Like HOFER's post:
  • Bull got out!, HighViz
Somebody should fill us in. There’s 100 Corbin fans constantly on this board, especially when they have a decent team, but maybe I’ve overlooked or haven’t heard what exactly was done to “run haddix off”…

With all the fans and repetitive threads about Corbin on here, surely someone can give us the insights to who made what happen and why it happened. Say the names. Tell us what was said. If you’re not comfortable because people know your account, DM me and I’ll post it for you.

Just saying the super or principal wanted someone else doesn’t tell us anything or that the “good ole boys” wanted someone else doesn’t make sense. For all we know, Haddix said see ya and everybody asked him to say.

Let’s hear it
(09-04-2023, 04:09 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 03:45 PM)HenryHankHill Wrote: A lot of fans are blaming Greer/Cox and company and maybe some of the blame does belong with them but Corbin has been unfortunate in being the second best team A LOT!!  There have been many times when a school was in a peak time time and won’t be that good again but Corbin was just Corbin.  Very high level but didn’t elevate or couldn’t elevate their game.  It takes a lot of luck to win a championship, so many things have to align for it to happen. Sometimes all the talent, coaching and money can’t buy you a trophy if you don’t have luck and Karma on your side.  Sometimes the ghosts of teams past are more of an opponent than the team on the field.  I think Greer has two really good coaches on his staff, the rest are wannabes or there because they are retreads from others schools or the GOB network. 

Corbin had the talent to win in 2021 was there but egotism and personal agendas by coaches killed the team. If everyone had been on the same page and kids had been utilized to maximize success , Corbin may have very well won a championship.

If Cox hadn't show Haddix the door, how many titles would Corbin have?  Bull? Hound? Viz?    I know they would have won last year. Probably '21, as well. How many others?

Dave Cox will live in infamy as being the one man most responsible for costing Corbin football the most state titles.  How in the hell can that Board of Puppets look themselves in the mirror and give that man straight A's on his report card?  How in the hell did that man ascend to the position of being called Super Dave. Could it be he was tongue pleasuring a couple of old brauds over at the BOE? Lapping up that poon tang pie like mothers milk and wild mountain honey?

Wow !!  ??
[-] The following 1 user Likes BUFFALO's post:
  • Gitback Coach