Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Coach BB King
(12-15-2022, 10:47 PM)wannacat Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 03:26 PM)roundballer Wrote: BB is a good man. May not have always agreed with his coaching techniques, but he is more than just a coach. I truly wish he had retired after winning that last regional title and spent the rest of his life doing other things he enjoyed and spending time with family and friends. Coaching is stressful, and he has done his time, he doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. Knott saw he needed to retire, they saw the decline in how he was able to coach and the things he was able to do with the kids. It’s more than just showing up to practice and games. He just wasn’t able to give what the kids needed. No fault to him, sadly, just how it was.

Breathitt had a great, healthy coach, that was able and willing to give the kids what they needed. Still shocked they let John go. Maybe it’s not the coach that’s the problem, just saying.
Don’t blame the powers that be for running off Noble.  Barely above .500 in the time he was there.  I just think they made a bad choice for his replacement.  I have empathy for BB but, with that being said, these kids need a capable coach.  I feel their a better team with Sperry on the bench. Yes, I said that.

I agree with the team being better when he’s on the bench. Yes, I said it too.
I saw this post shared on Facebook concerning BB, thoughts and prayers are with him and his family:

"BB has been in the hospital since Tuesday with pneumonia in both lungs. This morning he took a turn for the worse and was put into the ICU unit at ARH Whitesburg on a vent.
Due to needing a pulmonologist, he has been transported to Norton Healthcare in Louisville, which was the closest hospital with an ICU bed.
Our family is asking you to send prayers up for Coach BB King."
[-] The following 1 user Likes clipperw's post:
  • wannacat
Breathitt sure has an unhealthy effect on a lot of coaches. Rod Rhodes would been good for that program. Maybe three or four ex college players that are Hells Angels motor cycle gang members now could be his assistants. Only way to keep the parents at bay there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Thoughts and prayers for BB King and his family please..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
(12-16-2022, 09:45 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt sure has an unhealthy effect on a lot of coaches.  Rod Rhodes would been good for that program.  Maybe three or four ex college players that are Hells Angels motor cycle gang members now could be his assistants.  Only way to keep the parents at bay there.

Jail bird dukeboy.
They put Hot Rod in Jail?
Any update on breathitt / wolfe?
(12-16-2022, 06:23 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: They put Hot Rod in Jail?

What was it dukeboy? 30 days?

(12-16-2022, 09:50 PM)SocratesKy Wrote: Any update on breathitt / wolfe?

Sperry made two good plays right before half-time. Breathitts defense picked up, put some pressure on Wolfe. Still no coaching from the bench, Wolfes coach hasn’t sat down, I love to see a team with a coach on fire, always standing from beginning to end. Prayers for coach King.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaterBoy15thregion's post:
  • wannacat
Breathitt cutting it to single digits before the half was a big boost for them. The thompson kid for wolfe hit tough shot after tough shot tonight. Both of Breathitts bigs avoid their 5th foul in the last quarter and overtime. Entertaining game throughout.
Waterboy, I don’t have a clue. Not do I care. He’d be a good candidate for BHS. Lol
Wow is all I have to say. Sperry needs to work on free throws. He played a good game though. Ritchie played a good game for Wolfe. He needs to be more aggressive. Breathitt has no coach period. Arch isn’t the fit and no in game coaching from breathitt at all. I guess they implemented the 2/3 zone as it worked at times. But honest breathitt with their talent should have won by 20 with starters only playing 3 quarters. Long season for the cats in my opinion. I’m going to blame this season on the administration. BB is a great coach but he’s just physically unable to rope these mustangs and deal with these all state parents
(12-16-2022, 11:49 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Wow is all I have to say. Sperry needs to work on free throws. He played a good game though. Ritchie played a good game for Wolfe. He needs to be more aggressive. Breathitt has no coach period. Arch isn’t the fit and no in game coaching from breathitt at all. I guess they implemented the 2/3 zone as it worked at times. But honest breathitt with their talent should have won by 20 with starters only playing 3 quarters. Long season for the cats in my opinion. I’m going to blame this season on the administration. BB is a great coach but he’s just physically unable to rope these mustangs and deal with these all state parents

So Breathitt won I guess?
Breathitt won 82-77 in OT I think.
(12-16-2022, 11:49 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Wow is all I have to say. Sperry needs to work on free throws. He played a good game though. Ritchie played a good game for Wolfe. He needs to be more aggressive. Breathitt has no coach period. Arch isn’t the fit and no in game coaching from breathitt at all. I guess they implemented the 2/3 zone as it worked at times. But honest breathitt with their talent should have won by 20 with starters only playing 3 quarters. Long season for the cats in my opinion. I’m going to blame this season on the administration. BB is a great coach but he’s just physically unable to rope these mustangs and deal with these all state parents

He had 39 points.  How many would he have had if he hit all of his free throws???
I’d say 45 or more. There def wouldn’t be an overtime. I think he missed four in a row at the end of regulation.

We need him to show up and score like this against better teams with less turnovers.
Number three looked like their second best player tonight. Hit couple of big . shots. Best on ball defender by far.
Little Hamilton definitely played hungry against Wolfe. He earned more minutes in my opinion and should be ahead of issac Bellamy in rotation. What year is the Hamilton kid?

I would like to see breathitt press more and play aggressive defense like they did against Wolfe. The defense got them back from being down double digits
(12-15-2022, 11:38 PM)I WaterBoy15thregion Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 03:26 PM)roundballer Wrote: BB is a good man. May not have always agreed with his coaching techniques, but he is more than just a coach. I truly wish he had retired after winning that last regional title and spent the rest of his life doing other things he enjoyed and spending time with family and friends. Coaching is stressful, and he has done his time, he doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. Knott saw he needed to retire, they saw the decline in how he was able to coach and the things he was able to do with the kids. It’s more than just showing up to practice and games. He just wasn’t able to give what the kids needed. No fault to him, sadly, just how it was.

Breathitt had a great, healthy coach, that was able and willing to give the kids what they needed. Still shocked they let John go. Maybe it’s not the coach that’s the problem, just saying.
Don’t blame the powers that be for running off Noble.  Barely above .500 in the time he was there.  I just think they made a bad choice for his replacement.  I have empathy for BB but, with that being said, these kids need a capable coach.  I feel their a better team with Sperry on the bench. Yes, I said that.

I agree with the team being better when he’s on the bench. Yes, I said it too.

I thought you guys said that Breathitt was a better team with sperry on the bench?
Well that’s ludicrous to think that.
(12-17-2022, 10:54 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Well that’s ludicrous to think that.

It’s parents that say things like that or actually believe those things that has Breathitt in the shape they are in now.

The ones that say well if my kid got to shoot it as much as sperry they would score 39 too.
He is an elite athlete who is still learning how to become a good basketball player. But to ever say that Breathitt is a better team with him on the bench is absurd.

That would be like me saying Wolfe County would be better with Thompson on the bench. ?
A King family member posted on Facebook about an hour ago. I would rather not copy and paste the post, but it was a very discouraging post about a turn in his health.
Yes very sad and praying for the family
(12-14-2022, 01:58 PM)BigBadBobcat Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 01:28 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Acting coach or head coach does not have to be a certified employee.
Thank you, I did not think so.
No I know that but a certified personal must be present at any gathering of the team.
That would be the Athletic Director
Changed the name of this thread
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Bluecat
(12-18-2022, 10:04 PM)zaga_fan Wrote: Changed the name of this thread
Thank you. Seemed sort of disrespectful.
RIP coach. One of the best ever in the 14th.
A true legend. I hate this for his friends and family. He was a special man and was good to my family. If you think about it, the seniors at Breathitt had to go through this their 8th grade year when their head coach passed away a few games into the season.

(12-20-2022, 09:56 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: RIP coach. One of the best ever in the 14th.
Did he pass?
(12-20-2022, 10:15 PM)wannacat Wrote:

(12-20-2022, 09:56 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: RIP coach. One of the best ever in the 14th.
Did he pass?

Yes he did.