Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
86.05%
Magoffin
13.95%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Magoffin Co.
belfry will win big 49-13. the only reason the hornets score 2 td's is because coach haywood will prolly take his starters out at halftime so nobody will get hurt.
BelfryPirates Wrote:Not really who wins, but what will the score be?
That's an absurd statement and an insult to Magoffin Co.'s kids who practice just as hard as the kids at Belfry.

Magoffin Co-7
Belfry- 0

:what:
Belfry by a landslide.
Magoffin in the upset....And then i wake up from my dream and realize belfry won 49-6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry could win this one by 70 if they wanted to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry 55-0
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just a question, earlier this year the debate after the game revolved around MC leaving their starters in until the end against the Belfry freshman and the arguement made was that this was preparing them for their game looming against East Ridge.... if Belfry has a substantial lead in the 4th Quarter again, will the Hornets continue to play their starters or will they actually give those younger players who haven't seen much action all year some valuable minutes?

Magoffin has a JV program and they have played several games throughout the season in addition to seeing limited Varsity time. So the Younger kids have seen playing time.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Belfry could win this one by 70 if they wanted to.

And you know this HOW???? An opinion or a fact??
Tricky Wrote:And you know this HOW???? An opinion or a fact??

Because Belfry is that much better.Cool
I can't believe that there were 6 people brave enough to pick Magoffin Co to win in the poll. Belfry wins by whatever they want to. Does Belfry have anybody out right now? Not that it really matters but I am just curious.
Tricky Wrote:And you know this HOW???? An opinion or a fact??

I'm sure it was just an opinion, but the ony reason why people say its going to get out of hand is because Belfry has had the same coaching staff for, forever, and every two out of five boys in the Belfry school district where raised to play football, there dad's, and grandfather's played football, so its already in there blood. Coach McCoy has only been at Magoffin for two or three seasons, and he will have this Magoffin County program at this type of level some day, because they have enough boys to make a good program. But to have athletes like Belfry, you need to have kids that want to play in the Pop-Warners leagues and through middle school, and when they come into high school they'll be ready to win physically and mentally. If McCoy stays in Salyersville for six to ten more years this program will be very good, I guaruntee it.
Capt. DH Wrote:I can't believe that there were 6 people brave enough to pick Magoffin Co to win in the poll. Belfry wins by whatever they want to. Does Belfry have anybody out right now? Not that it really matters but I am just curious.

QB, Andrew Elkins will be out for the Pirates.
Tricky Wrote:There you go talking slick, like you know what your talking about. Magoffin has a JV program and they have played several games throughout the season in addition to seeing limited Varsity time. So the Younger kids have seen playing time.
Stick to your day job and let the coaches, coach!

No point in getting hostile. He was asking a legitimate followup question to an issue that was discussed earlier in the year.
DevilsWin Wrote:That's an absurd statement and an insult to Magoffin Co.'s kids who practice just as hard as the kids at Belfry.

Magoffin Co-7
Belfry- 0

It really isnt a absurd statement considering Magoffin is going to be playing one of the best football teams in the whole state. I am sure that Magoffin's players practice just as hard as Belfrys players does. But practicing hard does not put points on the scoreboard. Try to keep in mind that Belfry is one of the best football teams in any class in Ky.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
DevilsWin Wrote:That's an absurd statement and an insult to Magoffin Co.'s kids who practice just as hard as the kids at Belfry.

Magoffin Co-7
Belfry- 0

It's true, tho Smile
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm sure it was just an opinion, but the ony reason why people say its going to get out of hand is because Belfry has had the same coaching staff for, forever, and every two out of five boys in the Belfry school district where raised to play football, there dad's, and grandfather's played football, so its already in there blood. Coach McCoy has only been at Magoffin for two or three seasons, and he will have this Magoffin County program at this type of level some day, because they have enough boys to make a good program. But to have athletes like Belfry, you need to have kids that want to play in the Pop-Warners leagues and through middle school, and when they come into high school they'll be ready to win physically and mentally. If McCoy stays in Salyersville for six to ten more years this program will be very good, I guaruntee it.

As long as you have an excuse....it's good to keep hope alive, tho! Wink

Belfry - 42
Magoffin - 7

Sorry Sad
I have more respect for what Coach McCoy has done in two seasons than about anybody in the state. I told him last year when I talekd to him at a playoff game of Belfrys. I said man I got to tell you those kids have really came a long ways.
They play a lot harder and Im glad to see them in the playoffs, however they just aren't to Belffrys level yet.
Not being arogant, or anything like that but Belfry really could name the scroe, but they will take this time to work on some things, Andrew is really only injury Belfry has so Magoffin County fans will get to watch May this time, May was out with injury first game.
TeamMom Wrote:As long as you have an excuse....it's good to keep hope alive, tho! Wink

Belfry - 42
Magoffin - 7

Sorry Sad

I didn't see it as any kind of an excuse. They were merely making a point.
Capt. DH Wrote:I can't believe that there were 6 people brave enough to pick Magoffin Co to win in the poll. Belfry wins by whatever they want to. Does Belfry have anybody out right now? Not that it really matters but I am just curious.
I picked them just to aggravate youSmile .
Belfry!!
Goodluck Mc!!!! Go Hornets!!!!
blackcat_student Wrote:But to have athletes like Belfry, you need to have kids that want to play in the Pop-Warners leagues and through middle school, and when they come into high school they'll be ready to win physically and mentally. If McCoy stays in Salyersville for six to ten more years this program will be very good, I guaruntee it.

:Thumbs:
This will be a tough game. For Magoffin. I think the score will be, 55-6. Good luck both teams.
Belfry wins big...........
belfry 28
mc 6
because i think that McCoy will leave the starting dfense will be keep in on kick off and he wont jurk out his best tacklers off of punt team. MC has nothing to lose i mean come on its BELFRY!!! there great it seems like they do nothing wrong.
Tricky Wrote:Magoffin has a JV program and they have played several games throughout the season in addition to seeing limited Varsity time. So the Younger kids have seen playing time.

So I guess this answers it, we will be seeing Magoffin's straters til the end. I guess that is a fine way to honor your Senior's, by letting them play til the last play, but JV team or limited action or not, Belfry's JV will probably be the best squad those kids could go up against to build for next year. Which games did the Magoffin youngsters get to see any varsity action this season?

I really hope you don't think I am being condescending, it's just a philosophy that across the board I just don't agree with (not just Magoffin cause I feel McCoy is one of the finest up-and-coming coaches in EKY). It also was alot easier to justify it at the mid-point of the season when they could have been preparing for ER, as opposed to right now when their main focus would be to build for next year. :thumpsup:

As for the game itself, I really hope that Magoffin comes into this and pours their hearts out on the line. i really felt that belfry was hindered by a relatively easy playoff path last season, any bit of resistance the Pirates can face this year will only make them tougher. Magoffin was a really good tackling team, and they never showed that they were intimidated by Belfry, if the Pirates come out with another lackluster performance this could be a fairly entertaining game til halftime.
15thfan Wrote:belfry 28
mc 6
because i think that McCoy will leave the starting dfense will be keep in on kick off and he wont jurk out his best tacklers off of punt team. MC has nothing to lose i mean come on its BELFRY!!! there great it seems like they do nothing wrong.

Did he pull them off of the special teams units in the first meeting?
belfry by 56
Magoffin's jv has had varsity experience this year, against Phelps, which was senior night, they played some of the 3rd quarter, and most of the 4th, and also against teams when they were going to lose, I believe McCoy keeps the starters in so long to save face and give the kids hope,

But back on topic of this thread, I believe Magoffin will give Belfy a good game, they may not be as strong or as fast a Belfy, but if they tighten up their special teams, i believe this will bw a surprisingly close game
Belfry