Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill 35 - Magoffin 22
also to go with that last thread magoffin thought they was going to run over morgan county and they got up 6 to 0 lead and just gave up ... and trust me they regret it and when i say gave up it isnt meaning individual effort its meaning as a team effort
According to my sources, Estill thought they were going to beat Magoffin and wasn't taking them as serious as they should. You can never overlook any team or you may get beat.
i don't understand why you people argue over how a game was won. the bottom line is the team that wanted it more came out victorious. magoffin may be a good team, but estill proved that (for the time being) they're a better one. just take it like men and stop making excuses.
Tricky Wrote:Think about what??? For someone who is suposed to be an Oldtimer; seems like you would have retained somthing about the game of football over the years. Several of your comments and posts make me wonder; just how much you actually know about the sport. I guess that you think your only team that plays under classmen.

Magoffin plays and starts several freshmen and sophmores on offense and defense.:eek:

So, I guess we'll see how well you fair when you come to Magoffin next year; without the home ref's; with all your JV players.

I have forgot more football than you will ever know. So know it is the referee's who got you all beat at Estill? That's nice, starting to sound like Powell Co. I can assure you the referee's will not matter next year either. :dontthink
15thfan Wrote:I think its funny that you say that magoffins defense isnt no good because every one of the players stated that #26 was jumping onto his line demanding them to block thats why i think its funny.hahahaha

Didn't say they couldn't hit! Plainly said a good defense gives up 10-12 points per game! Haven't heard anything about our Defense have you. If you say your good, you better back it up.
15thfan Wrote:I think its funny that you say that magoffins defense isnt no good because every one of the players stated that #26 was jumping onto his line demanding them to block thats why i think its funny.hahahaha

every one of the players doesn't play defense, smart guy. and i know ben benedict [#26] personally - he doesn't jump onto his lineman. for any reason. so either you or the players you're talking to are liars.
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:I have forgot more football than you will ever know. So know it is the referee's who got you all beat at Estill? That's nice, starting to sound like Powell Co. I can assure you the referee's will not matter next year either. :dontthink

I doubt that; though it sounds like maybe you have forgotten more football than you retained.

We'll see when we take that home field and home ref's away from you come next year.
Tricky Wrote:I doubt that; though it sounds like maybe you have forgotten more football than you retained.

We'll see when we take that home field and home ref's away from you come next year.

I seriously doubt that homefield advantage is going to make a big difference. I really don't know why you keep talking about the refs... What horrible calls or no calls were there that kept you guys from beating us. I guess the refs threw some amazing blocks and kept you from tackling our backs... lol...

I'm not sure what your problem is anyway.. no one has talked trash about you guys or your team.. all we said is that we came out flat, and we did.
Tricky Wrote:I doubt that; though it sounds like maybe you have forgotten more football than you retained.

You sound like other fans on here, Powell Counties. Sportsmanship is a great part of the game. I am sure calls have been made that change games, however the fact is what is done is done. Home field is a over used term. If you always lose on the road it is because of home field or referees. If you lose at home what is it. You have to accept whatever comes your way and deal with it. What happens if that same team beats you at home? It is the nature of the game. Playing away from home hasn't stopped several teams in the state from winning and I think one of the worst beatings Estill took was from Breathitt at home according to KHSAA.org. I haven't seen anything on here about Breathitt winning because of the referees at Estill or Estill saying they lost because of referees. They got beat, bad at home.
Booya Wrote:You sound like other fans on here, Powell Counties. Sportsmanship is a great part of the game. I am sure calls have been made that change games, however the fact is what is done is done. Home field is a over used term. If you always lose on the road it is because of home field or referees. If you lose at home what is it. You have to accept whatever comes your way and deal with it. What happens if that same team beats you at home? It is the nature of the game. Playing away from home hasn't stopped several teams in the state from winning and I think one of the worst beatings Estill took was from Breathitt at home according to KHSAA.org. I haven't seen anything on here about Breathitt winning because of the referees at Estill or Estill saying they lost because of referees. They got beat, bad at home.

Exacly... Breathitt gave us a whipping and that is that... Crying over it does no good for anyone, especially the boys playing the game. We did what was needed after we got beat by them, came out ready to play the next game, no matter who they were. If we get to play Breathitt in the playoffs, we will either win or lose because of how the game is played, not because of refs or where the game is played.

My friend, trust me, what I have retained is more than you will ever know. Can't wait to come to the creek side again. If you win, you will not see me crying over the referees. Although, I do not see that happening. You all did beat us once up there, actually pretty bad, it wasn't because of the referees though, Magoffin was just better. When we beat one of your best teams in 95, it was simply because we were better.
Cut out the personal insults.
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:My friend, trust me, what I have retained is more than you will ever know. Can't wait to come to the creek side again. If you win, you will not see me crying over the referees. Although, I do not see that happening. You all did beat us once up there, actually pretty bad, it wasn't because of the referees though, Magoffin was just better. When we beat one of your best teams in 95, it was simply because we were better.

You don't even begin to know me or how much I know.
Booya Wrote:You sound like other fans on here, Powell Counties. Sportsmanship is a great part of the game. I am sure calls have been made that change games, however the fact is what is done is done. Home field is a over used term. If you always lose on the road it is because of home field or referees. If you lose at home what is it. You have to accept whatever comes your way and deal with it. What happens if that same team beats you at home? It is the nature of the game. Playing away from home hasn't stopped several teams in the state from winning and I think one of the worst beatings Estill took was from Breathitt at home according to KHSAA.org. I haven't seen anything on here about Breathitt winning because of the referees at Estill or Estill saying they lost because of referees. They got beat, bad at home.

Why are you even talking about Breathitt? Wrong thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX...ewpost.gif]
You sound like other fans on here, Powell Counties. Sportsmanship is a great part of the game. I am sure calls have been made that change games, however the fact is what is done is done. Home field is a over used term. If you always lose on the road it is because of home field or referees. If you lose at home what is it. You have to accept whatever comes your way and deal with it. What happens if that same team beats you at home? It is the nature of the game. Playing away from home hasn't stopped several teams in the state from winning and I think one of the worst beatings Estill took was from Breathitt at home according to KHSAA.org. I haven't seen anything on here about Breathitt winning because of the referees at Estill or Estill saying they lost because of referees. They got beat, bad at home.

He's Referring To The Fact That We[[Estill]] Lost To Breathitt At HOME... And How Someone Mentioned Estill Only Winning Because Of Homefield Advantage... I Believe The Point Was It Doesnt Matter Where The Game Is Played... It's Who Plays The Better Game
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:They got beat by Morgan Co. who has 1 win.......Magoffin Co.
Geeze man let the morgan co. issue rest...big deal magoffin went out overlooking them.magoffin turned the ball over five times and they scored on three of them . and i thought this was the estill magoffin thread not estill, magoffin, and morgan.
15thfan Wrote:also to go with that last thread magoffin thought they was going to run over morgan county and they got up 6 to 0 lead and just gave up ... and trust me they regret it and when i say gave up it isnt meaning individual effort its meaning as a team effort
i do agree. they overlooked them.
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:I seriously doubt that homefield advantage is going to make a big difference. I really don't know why you keep talking about the refs... What horrible calls or no calls were there that kept you guys from beating us. I guess the refs threw some amazing blocks and kept you from tackling our backs... lol...

I'm not sure what your problem is anyway.. no one has talked trash about you guys or your team.. all we said is that we came out flat, and we did.

UHH...oldtimer there sure has......he cant seem to let the morgan co game go.
Estillfootballgirl Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX...ewpost.gif]

He's Referring To The Fact That We[[Estill]] Lost To Breathitt At HOME... And How Someone Mentioned Estill Only Winning Because Of Homefield Advantage... I Believe The Point Was It Doesnt Matter Where The Game Is Played... It's Who Plays The Better Game

Thank you for translating football girl. Some people have hard times with comparisons.
Codeman Wrote:UHH...oldtimer there sure has......he cant seem to let the morgan co game go.

UHH..... Oldtimer hasn't talked trash, just plainly stated his opinion, which is his/her constituional right.