Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Possible New Transfer Rule
Why should a talented student/athlete get the short end of the stick of never ending politics when he can use his talents at another school that is not burdened down with any politics? If given the opportunity, his talents may produce success while getting a great education to help him move on to the next level. In the world we live in today, it takes using your skills and talents both educationally and athletically, while thinking ahead to be successful.
I can see both sides of the argument but the only thing this will change is people having to jump through hoops and spend a lot of money in order to make a move. I’ve always heard the grass isn’t always greener argument but very seldom has it held water, most times kids and their parents are intelligent enough to know if they’d do better somewhere else, especially when politics are involved.
Not sure what politics that all of you are talking about. If a kid can play then I don’t know any coach that will not play the best players they have. If they don’t, then they will not be coaching long. Very rarely do transfers work out.
(02-17-2022, 10:00 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Not a fan - Don't see this passing any such movement. Live where you go to school or hold your school to higher standards. School board elections actually DO matter.
Yeah…you noticed the fans of programs that live off transfers love this rule haha
If this country is truly the home of the Free, you’d at least think a kid could transfer 1 time. I don’t like then IN SEASON stuff but I think if the want to come before the particular sport starts then it should be fine. Very good rule. A lot of trapped kids, especially in political next of kin 14th Region. Hope this rule happens.
Might I add.. normally kids don’t transfer over lack of playing time. It’s typically they’re being promised something bigger and better at another school. More targets, more touches, better “exposure”, more team wins. I’ve seen kids transfer and they get less playing time than previously because they’re being forced to play one side of the ball.
(02-20-2022, 04:41 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Might I add.. normally kids don’t transfer over lack of playing time. It’s typically they’re being promised something bigger and better at another school. More targets, more touches, better “exposure”, more team wins. I’ve seen kids transfer and they get less playing time than previously because they’re being forced to play one side of the ball.
Usually has nothing to do with the kids. 90% of the time it has to do with shitty parents
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(02-19-2022, 03:35 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 11:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 10:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I've always been a proponent of letting kids go where they want.  High School is greatest time of most folks lives, so let them go somewhere they want to where they will get the best out of their four years.
I disagree. play where you live and represent your community instead of a different community. It ain't college.
But what if said community isn’t properly representing their kids? What if their schools are mired in politics and in turn those politics have spilled onto the sports teams of said school? Loyalty runs both ways, Doug

I don't like the politics, but this ain't college. Not much glory in a local school winning with players from all over the state or other states. You trying to justify hold backs and recruiting to form an all- star team doesn't make it right Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • DukeBoy, Gitback Coach
(02-20-2022, 10:17 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 10:00 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Not a fan - Don't see this passing any such movement. Live where you go to school or hold your school to higher standards. School board elections actually DO matter.
Yeah…you noticed the fans of programs that live off transfers love this rule haha

That's exactly right, even though they'll never admit it.
(02-17-2022, 12:02 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 10:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I've always been a proponent of letting kids go where they want.  High School is greatest time of most folks lives, so let them go somewhere they want to where they will get the best out of their four years.
I disagree. play where you live and represent your community instead of a different community. It ain't college.

I think a lot of you Dougie but a lot of these kids are playing with hopes of getting to college if a kid and his family can find a situation that’ll help him achieve his dreams then I’m all for it.  Especially when there’s politics and agendas holding him back…

You know Whitley County kids don't have to go to Corbin to go to college. You also know your school has wasted a lot of Whitley County kids without winning a state championship. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, DukeBoy, FootballFan1999, TD Hounds
(02-20-2022, 10:46 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I think a lot of you Dougie but a lot of these kids are playing with hopes of getting to college if a kid and his family can find a situation that’ll help him achieve his dreams then I’m all for it.  Especially when there’s politics and agendas holding him back…

You know Whitley County kids don't have to go to Corbin to go to college. You also know your school has wasted a lot of Whitley County kids without winning a state championship. Smile

Well thanks for hitting the sore spot buddy, you know as well as I do Whitley has wasted talent that never even seen the field…however I can’t say anything about the politics at Whitley, the inept bunch at Corbin right now even have secret decoder rings…
(02-21-2022, 10:46 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 10:46 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Well thanks for hitting the sore spot buddy, you know as well as I do Whitley has wasted talent that never even seen the field…however I can’t say anything about the politics at Whitley, the inept bunch at Corbin right now even have secret decoder rings…
I hate to see the politics at either school. it is so frustrating to watch year after year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-20-2022, 10:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
But what if said community isn’t properly representing their kids? What if their schools are mired in politics and in turn those politics have spilled onto the sports teams of said school? Loyalty runs both ways, Doug

I don't like the politics, but this ain't college. Not much glory in a local school winning with players from all over the state or other states. You trying to justify hold backs and recruiting to form an all- star team doesn't make it right Smile
Not trying to justify anything. No need to. Just simply stating a fact that kids shouldn’t have to be forced to stay loyal to a place that is more concerned with political interests than giving kids the best possible school they can both in the classroom and in sports. The grass is always greener where it’s watered….
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
(02-22-2022, 01:51 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

Not trying to justify anything. No need to. Just simply stating a fact that kids shouldn’t have to be forced to stay loyal to a place that is more concerned with political interests than giving kids the best possible school they can both in the classroom and in sports. The grass is always greener where it’s watered….
We all know what "watered" means. kids should go to school and play where they live.
We should all ask Douglass how they do it. I mean heck they have been doing transfers since after their 1st season. Now look, another QB from a nearby county is transferring in. Those nearby apartments are getting into good use.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • chuck1942501
(02-23-2022, 01:52 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 11:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I disagree. play where you live and represent your community instead of a different community. It ain't college.

We all know what "watered" means. kids should go to school and play where they live.
What exactly does "watered" mean, for those of us who don't know...
(02-23-2022, 12:24 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 03:35 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: But what if said community isn’t properly representing their kids? What if their schools are mired in politics and in turn those politics have spilled onto the sports teams of said school? Loyalty runs both ways, Doug

Player is unbelievable talent, but has family issues with the coaching staff. Never plays because coach has other agendas. Multiple time transfers are ridiculous, but sometimes the best option is a new start for these kids. Imagine being an all-state talent sitting the bench behind a coaches son. It happens more than what we imagine. Coaches are humans who feel emotions and make irrational decisions due to them. BTW, idk what Watered means…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Playcaller66
(02-23-2022, 12:38 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Player is unbelievable talent, but has family issues with the coaching staff. Never plays because coach has other agendas. Multiple time transfers are ridiculous, but sometimes the best option is a new start for these kids. Imagine being an all-state talent sitting the bench behind a coaches son. It happens more than what we imagine. Coaches are humans who feel emotions and make irrational decisions due to them. BTW, idk what Watered means…

Please name me an all state talent that is sitting on a bench somewhere..
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • pjdoug
Thankfully Joe Burrow was allowed to transfer

Also guess what some kids really want a chance to win state championships. Sometimes the group that a player might be with, the place his parents live, might just not be very good. Yeah sports are fun when you’re with your buddies but winning is also fun. If you’re a really good player on a mediocre or below average team, why begrudge a kid that wants to go somewhere and compete for championships? Kids only get 4 years of high school sports, well these days some get 5, but the point is it’s a small window. If a kid wants to stay for his friends and loyalty that’s admirable. If a kid wants to leave and get a fresh start or increase their chances of success well that’s admirable too. Theres positives and negatives associated with both decisions. Why get worked up over either. Don’t Worry, Be Happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-23-2022, 12:53 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 12:38 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Player is unbelievable talent, but has family issues with the coaching staff. Never plays because coach has other agendas. Multiple time transfers are ridiculous, but sometimes the best option is a new start for these kids. Imagine being an all-state talent sitting the bench behind a coaches son. It happens more than what we imagine. Coaches are humans who feel emotions and make irrational decisions due to them. BTW, idk what Watered means…

You must not have followed Corbin this past year....... It was highway robbery.  Woah  You know, talking about a new transfer rule, according to the KHSAA its tranfer season right now, I'll leave it at that.......
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Playcaller66
I love it when we talk about transfers on a sport site and someone comes along and try’s to justify it by saying….if a family wants to move their kids because of education they should have the right hahaha! Please….this has nothing to do with education! Nobody is transferring their kids to better their education. They just all happen to play football I guess and they always transfer from a school struggling to win to a school that wins more then the lose but it’s for their education hahah come on fellas stop talking foolishness
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • king360
(02-23-2022, 02:00 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I love it when we talk about transfers on a sport site and someone comes along and try’s to justify it by saying….if a family wants to move their kids because of education they should have the right hahaha! Please….this has nothing to do with education! Nobody is transferring their kids to better their education. They just all happen to play football I guess and they always transfer from a school struggling to win to a school that wins more then the lose but it’s for their education hahah come on fellas stop talking foolishness
The majority of schools with successful athletic programs are also successful in academics, I believe the two go hand in hand. So while the initial move might have been motivated by athletics, the benefit of the move transcends past the sport because they are getting a better opportunity at a post-secondary education. Move exposure leads to more opportunities.
[-] The following 2 users Like HurryUp1001's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!
(02-23-2022, 12:53 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Corbin’s receiver room this year, anyone of the middlesboro football players that played earlier in life and quit but came back late in their careers when french arrived (two D1 players btw), there’s talent everywhere and these are children that deserve opportunities more than just one school. As long as academic history follows a student, then i am for this rule change.
(02-23-2022, 12:09 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: We should all ask Douglass how they do it. I mean heck they have been doing transfers since after their 1st season. Now look, another QB from a nearby county is transferring in. Those nearby apartments are getting into good use.
I was waiting for someone to mention that. I have known for awhile also they were after another QB that was offered by UK, guess that fell through.  I was like not again are you kidding me.  Feel sorry for the kids that thought they were going to get a chance, that's life I guess.

(02-23-2022, 12:09 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: We should all ask Douglass how they do it. I mean heck they have been doing transfers since after their 1st season. Now look, another QB from a nearby county is transferring in. Those nearby apartments are getting into good use.
You mean during there 1st, just couldn't get him eligible until almost playoff time.
(02-19-2022, 03:35 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: But what if said community isn’t properly representing their kids? What if their schools are mired in politics and in turn those politics have spilled onto the sports teams of said school? Loyalty runs both ways, Doug

It's hard to tell if this is meant to be a question, but I ignore dumb questions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull

I've seen a few schools use housing as a draw, but the sneaky snakes will swear on their lives that they don't recruit. and the kids want to come there to play for a "proven winner" . lol
(02-18-2022, 01:37 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: This will definitely shake some things up in 14th region.  Know several kids wanting to try something new but couldn’t afford to move.

How many New York City kids are playing in the 14th?
(02-23-2022, 01:03 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Thankfully Joe Burrow was allowed to transfer

Also guess what some kids really want a chance to win state championships. Sometimes the group that a player might be with, the place his parents live, might just not be very good. Yeah sports are fun when you’re with your buddies but winning is also fun. If you’re a really good player on a mediocre or below average team, why begrudge a kid that wants to go somewhere and compete for championships? Kids only get 4 years of high school sports, well these days some get 5, but the point is it’s a small window. If a kid wants to stay for his friends and loyalty that’s admirable. If a kid wants to leave and get a fresh start or increase their chances of success well that’s admirable too. Theres positives and negatives associated with both decisions. Why get worked up over either. Don’t Worry, Be Happy
It's just a game, and life is not a fairy tale. We can't always win, and there's no glory in winning with players that are not even from where the school is.
(02-23-2022, 02:00 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I love it when we talk about transfers on a sport site and someone comes along and try’s to justify it by saying….if a family wants to move their kids because of education they should have the right hahaha! Please….this has nothing to do with education! Nobody is transferring their kids to better their education. They just all happen to play football I guess and they always transfer from a school struggling to win to a school that wins more then the lose but it’s for their education hahah come on fellas stop talking foolishness
Parents don't care about edumacation! hahaha They would just as soon send their kids to a crappy acamademical school as a top one! Come on! It's all football! LOL Johnny don't need no stinkin' edumacation! And screw all those acamademical scholarships, it's a football scholarship or working at 7-Eleven for my Johnny boy! 

Ignorant.
(02-24-2022, 09:37 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 10:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I don't like the politics, but this ain't college. Not much glory in a local school winning with players from all over the state or other states. You trying to justify hold backs and recruiting to form an all- star team doesn't make it right Smile

It's hard to tell if this is meant to be a question, but I ignore dumb questions.
I don't know what you mean by watered..elaborate.