Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why Do You Hate Liberals???
(05-14-2021, 12:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:49 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 11:48 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 05:42 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 05:08 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: The truth HAS come out ad-nauseum and you have matched speed with it in order to ignore or reject it. The truth is DJT is not guilty of the left's slander fodder at all. The truth is every time the left castigates or falsely charges MR Trump of a crime, and let's face it, after all those times of my having challenged you to produce a whit of proof that he committed any sort of crime, you haven't been able to rise to the occasion, because it's all been a load of gossip. But it isn't just DJT whose being slandered, it's all those millions voters who elected him, but were disenfranchised of their choice for President even as he yet served. You called it the resistance. I call it a form of treason.

And as far as admitting something goes, I'll admit IMO, that you are the worst liar ever to post on this forum. Rush Limbaugh employed something called FREE SPEECH to convey the ideals of freedom that he cherished. Equality of Opportunity was the vision of the Founders, not the use of the power of the federal government to pick winners. But there you go again lying and using skin color to make rash judgments. Who are you deeming unworthy, those who stay in the bed until mid afternoon and go out to howl all night instead of working? Those come in all colors.
1.  I said those you deem unworthy. You filled in the blank with skin color. Ouch. 

TRT, you put Xi, Putin, etc. on high bar.  So that must be what you want.

1. Incredible, no you didn't say those I deem unworthy. "You want us to have a totalitarian country with an authoritarian leader that smashes the human rights of those that we deem unworthy." Your words? I mean, all anybody has to do to check you on this is look up the page a few posts.

Xi and Putin represent existential threat to the US whether Cardfan's head is in the sand or not. Must be a bird thing.
Big Grin

I don't get what you're trying to score here.  The "proverbial we."  

It doesn't change the fact you filled in the blank with skin color.   Might want to slink away, TRT.

Some of this comes from the fable that liberals don't pay taxes.  Some of the main posters on here believe that hogwash. 

The irony is we live in a state that is extremely Trumpy and a significant portion of the populations' wages give them a refund or they are drawing some type of entitlement. 

There is a lot of "ok for me but not for thee" in this state and conservativism as a whole.

Please allow me to dispel another fable you're trying to sell; And now I admit you got vector in your corner and all, and who wouldn't be proud to be castaway on an island with him, right?

My response was based on a false statement you made (imagine that) only a few posts ago --- "an authoritarian leader that smashes the human rights of those that we deem unworthy."

There was no blank to fill in, other than people of color, who could you have been talking about? We're certainly not seeing any rioting, or looting, or town burnings, or assault, or murder, or police executions on behalf of any the other races that race baiters such as yourself like to hang their hats on.

If you're typing, you're lying.
One thing about it Commrade TRT I know the difference between right and wrong
(05-14-2021, 01:01 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 05:42 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: 1.  I said those you deem unworthy. You filled in the blank with skin color. Ouch. 

1. Incredible, no you didn't say those I deem unworthy. "You want us to have a totalitarian country with an authoritarian leader that smashes the human rights of those that we deem unworthy." Your words? I mean, all anybody has to do to check you on this is look up the page a few posts.

Xi and Putin represent existential threat to the US whether Cardfan's head is in the sand or not. Must be a bird thing.
Big Grin

It doesn't change the fact you filled in the blank with skin color.   Might want to slink away, TRT.

Some of this comes from the fable that liberals don't pay taxes.  Some of the main posters on here believe that hogwash. 

The irony is we live in a state that is extremely Trumpy and a significant portion of the populations' wages give them a refund or they are drawing some type of entitlement. 

There is a lot of "ok for me but not for thee" in this state and conservativism as a whole.

Please allow me to dispel another fable you're trying to sell; And now I admit you got vector in your corner and all, and who wouldn't be proud to be castaway on an island with him, right?

My response was based on a false statement you made (imagine that) only a few posts ago --- "an authoritarian leader that smashes the human rights of those that we deem unworthy."

There was no blank to fill in, other than people of color, who could you have been talking about? We're certainly not seeing any rioting, or looting, or town burnings, or assault, or murder, or police executions on behalf of any the other races that race baiters such as yourself like to hang their hats on.

Oh boy...tripling down on our racism, are we?   
I was technically referring to how you boys think about liberals, but goodness you drove this train off the tracks.

You stretched the truth to make an invalid point as you always do.

From minority's point of view all DJT did was elevate their employment numbers to the very best in history, Men and Women, and establish thousands of Opportunity Zones nationwide. " As of 2017 States may designate up to 25% of low-income census tracts as Opportunity Zones. Opportunity Zones were created under the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, signed into law by President Donald Trump. The first Opportunity Zones were designated in April 2018.

I can go on and I will, might want to slink away on this one CF
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-14-2021, 02:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 05:42 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: 1.  I said those you deem unworthy. You filled in the blank with skin color. Ouch. 

Big Grin

Really now? Then that means you choose wrong all the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-14-2021, 04:15 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 02:42 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 11:48 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: 1. Incredible, no you didn't say those I deem unworthy. "You want us to have a totalitarian country with an authoritarian leader that smashes the human rights of those that we deem unworthy." Your words? I mean, all anybody has to do to check you on this is look up the page a few posts.

Big Grin

Really now? Then that means you choose wrong all the time.
Commrade TRT I know what your Dear Leader done is wrong and I believe deep down you do also
(05-14-2021, 04:13 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 11:48 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: 1. Incredible, no you didn't say those I deem unworthy. "You want us to have a totalitarian country with an authoritarian leader that smashes the human rights of those that we deem unworthy." Your words? I mean, all anybody has to do to check you on this is look up the page a few posts.

Big Grin

I was technically referring to how you boys think about liberals, but goodness you drove this train off the tracks.

From minority's point of view all DJT did was elevate their employment numbers to the very best in history, Men and Women, and establish thousands of Opportunity Zones nationwide. " As of 2017 States may designate up to 25% of low-income census tracts as Opportunity Zones. Opportunity Zones were created under the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, signed into law by President Donald Trump. The first Opportunity Zones were designated in April 2018.

How does any of that clear you of what you said ? 

Anyway, you wouldn’t support anything like an Opportunity Zone!  Your ilk calls those projects handouts and communism. 

typical.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • vector#1
(05-15-2021, 08:38 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:49 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Big Grin

Anyway, you wouldn’t support anything like an Opportunity Zone!  Your ilk calls those projects handouts and communism. 

typical.
Liar. As TRT said, Trump signed the legislation creating Opportunity Zones in 2017. If you can find a single post in which one of the conservatives expressed opposition to the legislation in this forum, then point us to it. There was no such opposition because you are lying again. I would say that it is what you do best but you are an extraordinarily bad liar. I doubt that you do anything well, Twin Ticks. Opportunity Zones do not help people who are too lazy and dishonest to work.
(05-15-2021, 12:47 PM)IHoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 12:52 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Please allow me to dispel another fable you're trying to sell; And now I admit you got vector in your corner and all, and who wouldn't be proud to be castaway on an island with him, right?

typical.
Liar. As TRT said, Trump signed the legislation creating Opportunity Zones in 2017. If you can find a single post in which one of the conservatives expressed opposition to the legislation in this forum, then point us to it. There was no such opposition because you are lying again. I would say that it is what you do best but you are an extraordinarily bad liar. I doubt that you do anything well, Twin Ticks. Opportunity Zones do not help people who are too lazy and dishonest to work.
Only because Daddy Trump signed it. He could crap in your mouth and you’d say more sir Big Grin  

hell, he tried to overthrow democracy and you fellas cheered it on and lament its failure. 

but Hooter this has nothing to do with OZs Trump or even you. TRT railroaded himself wishing for a despot with total control.  

I guess the thread is worse than what we thought...worse than hate.
(05-15-2021, 02:53 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 01:01 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Oh boy...tripling down on our racism, are we?   

typical.
Only because Daddy Trump signed it. He could crap in your mouth and you’d say more sir Big Grin  

hell, he tried to overthrow democracy and you fellas cheered it on and lament its failure. 

but Hooter this has nothing to do with OZs Trump or even you. TRT railroaded himself wishing for a despot with total control.  

Trump did not make you lie and neither did TRT. Take responsibility for your own lies, loser.
(05-15-2021, 02:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 04:13 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: You stretched the truth to make an invalid point as you always do.

typical.

Trump did not make you lie and neither did TRT. Take responsibility for your own lies, loser.
But Commrade Quooter not only has Dear Leader turned you into a Liar but also a Hypocrite
(05-13-2021, 07:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This thread's heating up.   

Granny, I remember you said that one of your best friends in the world is a liberal. I think you might have even used the pejorative  "flaming" liberal.  So apparently you are able to see the good that dwells within us. I believe you when you say you wish the best for everyone, regardless of political philosophy. But a lot of conservatives do not wish liberals well. They don't want to drink from the same water fountain as we do. They would just as soon we be gone from the planet.

The bottom line is this, however. The reason many of you conservatives display such a nasty temperament  towards us kind liberals is simply because you think we want to take your stuff from you. That's it, folks. You thinks liberals want to take your stuff and give your stuff to blacks and minorities and anyone less well off than you are.   It may not be the politically correct thing to say but it is the correct thing. You say it at the dinner table; might as well admit it here. 

On a similar note, the reason these far right-wingers were so enthralled with Trump is because he, unlike past Republican presidents, gave them permission to think and say the things they have always thought and said behind closed doors. He gave those in his base permission to be proud of their prejudices and bigotries and, to them, the feeling was exhilarating and liberating, better than any drug.  Again, not politically correct to say , but oh so correct!!! No need to confine it to dinner table discussions anymore when the disgraced leader of your party says its alright to express your bigotries out in the open.  Not only does my mom speak of her dislike for foreigners at the supper table, she now has spread her message to public domains and social media. She knows her president(the disgraced, twice-impeached one) speaks his mind this way about people and groups he doesn't like. Her president validates her feelings and her bad behavior. The same is true for millions of other Trump idolaters.

Don't hate on us kind, generous liberals. We want everyone to succeed, INCLUDING YOU.  But for those who have been less fortunate than others, success begins with a level playing field, at least a leveler playing field.  Don't think of us liberals as devils.  Just think of us as levelers.

And , no we don't want your damn stuff !!!   Smile    We love you !!!!

For the record "flaming" liberal is HER term, not mine.  She calls me a withered up conservative.  Also HER term.Smile
(05-14-2021, 04:13 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: You stretched the truth to make an invalid point as you always do.

typical.

aww, name calling. i didn’t capitalize either...ain’t you gonna call that out? 

you don’t know the meaning of lying. 
that has already been established here. You believe is anything that is not your opinion.  Big Grin  
that’s not lying; it’s sanity. 

if you want lying, your hero did it at least 20k times while president, look up most of things he said. 

Hooter, are you like TRT and are secretly wishing for a despot to smash down those you don’t see as equals?  

I think you may be. SMH
(05-15-2021, 05:34 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 08:38 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: How does any of that clear you of what you said ? 

typical.

aww, name calling. i didn’t capitalize either...ain’t you gonna call that out? 

you don’t know the meaning of lying. 
that has already been established here. You believe is anything that is not your opinion.  Big Grin  
that’s not lying; it’s sanity. 

if you want lying, your hero did it at least 20k times while president, look up most of things he said. 

Hooter, are you like TRT and are secretly wishing for a despot to smash down those you don’t see as equals?  

I think you may be. SMH
I believe if people like Commrades Quooter and TRT had there way in this country with No opposition they would look like ISIS maybe not cut your head off but definitely have you locked up if you didn't believe in what they do
Hey that's what Russia does lock you up or poison you

(05-15-2021, 04:57 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This thread's heating up.   

Granny, I remember you said that one of your best friends in the world is a liberal. I think you might have even used the pejorative  "flaming" liberal.  So apparently you are able to see the good that dwells within us. I believe you when you say you wish the best for everyone, regardless of political philosophy. But a lot of conservatives do not wish liberals well. They don't want to drink from the same water fountain as we do. They would just as soon we be gone from the planet.

The bottom line is this, however. The reason many of you conservatives display such a nasty temperament  towards us kind liberals is simply because you think we want to take your stuff from you. That's it, folks. You thinks liberals want to take your stuff and give your stuff to blacks and minorities and anyone less well off than you are.   It may not be the politically correct thing to say but it is the correct thing. You say it at the dinner table; might as well admit it here. 

On a similar note, the reason these far right-wingers were so enthralled with Trump is because he, unlike past Republican presidents, gave them permission to think and say the things they have always thought and said behind closed doors. He gave those in his base permission to be proud of their prejudices and bigotries and, to them, the feeling was exhilarating and liberating, better than any drug.  Again, not politically correct to say , but oh so correct!!! No need to confine it to dinner table discussions anymore when the disgraced leader of your party says its alright to express your bigotries out in the open.  Not only does my mom speak of her dislike for foreigners at the supper table, she now has spread her message to public domains and social media. She knows her president(the disgraced, twice-impeached one) speaks his mind this way about people and groups he doesn't like. Her president validates her feelings and her bad behavior. The same is true for millions of other Trump idolaters.

Don't hate on us kind, generous liberals. We want everyone to succeed, INCLUDING YOU.  But for those who have been less fortunate than others, success begins with a level playing field, at least a leveler playing field.  Don't think of us liberals as devils.  Just think of us as levelers.

And , no we don't want your damn stuff !!!   Smile    We love you !!!!

For the record "flaming" liberal is HER term, not mine.  She calls me a withered up conservative.  Also HER term.Smile
Granny I am still waiting on the Hammer to drop on Obamagate what happened ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
It didn't happen vector. I said that more in a joking way than a serious one, but it must've really gotten under your skin because you have referenced that term so many times. I would reference some negative terms you have used about Trump, but there isn't enough room.
I have suggested that this entire forum be eliminated. There isn't any sharing of information, or discussion; just negativity and hatred being vomited into words.
Unless there are significant changes in the way posts are made, this will be my last one in this forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-16-2021, 12:43 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: It didn't happen vector.  I said that more in a joking way than a serious one, but it must've really gotten under your skin because you have referenced that term so many times.  I would reference some negative terms you have used about Trump, but there isn't enough room.
I have suggested that this entire forum be eliminated.  There isn't any sharing of information, or discussion; just negativity and hatred being vomited into words.
Unless there are significant changes in the way posts are made, this will be my last one in this forum.
Well you sure thought Obama spied on the Dear Leader. But was the negative post about the Dear Leader I posted was they true or false ? Just because Dear Leader claims something doesn't make it true you should have learned that the last 5 years.
(05-16-2021, 12:43 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: It didn't happen vector.  I said that more in a joking way than a serious one, but it must've really gotten under your skin because you have referenced that term so many times.  I would reference some negative terms you have used about Trump, but there isn't enough room.
I have suggested that this entire forum be eliminated.  There isn't any sharing of information, or discussion; just negativity and hatred being vomited into words.

Granny Bear you are exactly right in your analysis and in many ways, this forum demonstrates what's wrong with the American society. The left, despite lack of any corroboration whatever in support of their ideas; and that would be in the past present and future tenses, still soldier on doggedly insisting that they are right anyway. The right meanwhile, which though still not perfect themselves, clearly have the historical record on their side both secularly and Scripturaly, and are made out to be idiots for it again by...   the left.

It is the duty of the Church to point the world system towards Christ. There are those on the right in government, and in the media, and academia who though as in the case of DJT may not all be saints themselves, who nonetheless recognize the sovereignty of God. Which in turn mitigates their rush to full-on liberalism and globalism. The left defy God full stop. The right basically despite all their best intentions, have 'a form of godliness' but wind up denying 'the power' of God. True government is of God and is in the Person of His Son Jesus as outlined in Isaiah 9:6.  A fact I believe the founders recognized, hence their clearly stated position that America could only persevere as long as she remained a Christian nation. Obviously they were right.

Today's Christians are aware of the founder's intents and are trying to take the pragmatist's approach to living in a lost world by voting for the lesser of two evils. We're just never going to get it right down here but that doesn't mean we should just throw up our hands and throw caution to the wind either. God's people don't hate liberals but neither can we lay down to be bulldozed by the rush to globalism either. The biggest part of me would not miss this forum if it was shut down because of the vitriol. I would just point out that the right in the US Congress as mentioned above, are assaulted in much the same manner they are on this forum.

We try to support them, (they really need as much as they can get BTW) and we try to spur them to represent us to that end with conviction. But it's anything but easy. No the US cannot govern themselves out of this one, and ironically if we are to pull out of the nosedive we will need a transformation. Not more liberalism but more godliness, a nationwide revival in fact.
2 Chronicles 7:14
"if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-16-2021, 12:52 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
Well you sure thought Obama spied on the Dear Leader. But was the negative post about the Dear Leader I posted was they true or false ? Just because Dear Leader claims something doesn't make it true you should have learned that the last 5 years.
It's a fact that the Obama administration spied on the Trump administration. FACT. I guess that Maddow dude forgot to tell you.
I will help out GB. I hope you stay on here. I vow to make it an exchange of ideas. No use arguing with people who think the other side is always the cause of every problem. Always knowing what they will say on any given issue before they even say it was fun for a while, but now it's just a waste of time. So I'm ready just to exchange ideas and not respond to "Orange man bad" that is the only thing these guys' minds have the ability to process.
I disagree that there is no sharing of information, Granny. I rarely, if ever, start a thread without including at least one link to at least one news article. The same can be said of threads started by other conservative posters. 

The opening post for this thread began with a false, baseless premise that the conservatives who participate in this forum hate liberals. No offense, but in a well moderated forum, this thread would have been closed immediately because its intent to create angry responses is so obvious - it is trolling at its worst. In contrast, my thread "Biden's Economy," which did contain factual charts and multiple links to news sources, was recently closed. I will not presume to speak for all conservative members but disliking the obnoxious liberal BGR posters on BGR is a small sample that is not representatives of American liberals as a whole. There are many liberals, including some who I consider friends, who are capable of disagreeing on political issues without being disagreeable. None of those liberals are participating in this forum.

I do agree that this forum should be eliminated. This website is not active enough to warrant the kind of moderation required for a good political forum. I have never seen an unmoderated political forum work and this forum is almost unmoderated. (How many times would vector be able to call anybody "shit for brains" in a well moderated forum without being permanently  banned?) Moderating a political forum without stifling debate or allowing it to devolve into a mass exchange of insults is no easy task.

There have always been creeps like vector/CardFan1 participating in this forum but until recently they have never been active enough to shutdown all substantive debate with their insults.

I understand that this post violates several BGR rules, but I really don't care. If I am banned for life and beyond for posting my honest opinion about this forum, then so be it. Aside from the high school football forum during football season, I don't really have much interest in the other forums anyway, and I don't need an account to get game updates. I also realize that this is first and foremost a sports site, which is all the more reason to consider closing this forum. There are not enough members participating in this forum to warrant a moderator investing the amount of time necessary to keep it on track. 

Whether I am banned or not, this will be my last post in this forum. Thank you for your response to my PM, but there was really no excuse for Westside closing my thread and allowing threads like this one to remain open.
(05-16-2021, 02:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
I disagree that there is no sharing of information, Granny. I rarely, if ever, start a thread without including at least one link to at least one news article. The same can be said of threads started by other conservative posters. 

The opening post for this thread began with a false, baseless premise that the conservatives who participate in this forum hate liberals. No offense, but in a well moderated forum, this thread would have been closed immediately because its intent to create angry responses is so obvious - it is trolling at its worst. In contrast, my thread "Biden's Economy," which did contain factual charts and multiple links to news sources, was recently closed. I will not presume to speak for all conservative members but disliking the obnoxious liberal BGR posters on BGR is a small sample that is not representatives of American liberals as a whole. There are many liberals, including some who I consider friends, who are capable of disagreeing on political issues without being disagreeable. None of those liberals are participating in this forum.

I do agree that this forum should be eliminated. This website is not active enough to warrant the kind of moderation required for a good political forum. I have never seen an unmoderated political forum work and this forum is almost unmoderated. (How many times would vector be able to call anybody "shit for brains" in a well moderated forum without being permanently  banned?) Moderating a political forum without stifling debate or allowing it to devolve into a mass exchange of insults is no easy task.

There have always been creeps like vector/CardFan1 participating in this forum but until recently they have never been active enough to shutdown all substantive debate with their insults.

I understand that this post violates several BGR rules, but I really don't care. If I am banned for life and beyond for posting my honest opinion about this forum, then so be it. Aside from the high school football forum during football season, I don't really have much interest in the other forums anyway, and I don't need an account to get game updates. I also realize that this is first and foremost a sports site, which is all the more reason to consider closing this forum. There are not enough members participating in this forum to warrant a moderator investing the amount of time necessary to keep it on track. 

Whether I am banned or not, this will be my last post in this forum. Thank you for your response to my PM, but there was really no excuse for Westside closing my thread and allowing threads like this one to remain open.
Kind of amazing to watch a poster shovel all the blame on everyone else when he may be the most guilty.
TRT HOOT and JET support and still do a man who worked with the Russians to get elected
Support and still do a man who with held money from Ukraine to dig dirt up on his political opponent but got caught
Support and still do a man who lost a fair and honest election and then lies to his people it was stolen with NO credible evidence
Support and still do a man who tried his best to overthrow the government to stay in office
If this is not the most anti american values we have every witness in our lifetime then I don't know what is
(05-16-2021, 04:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote: TRT HOOT and JET support and still do a man who worked with the Russians to get elected
Support and still do a man who with held money from Ukraine to dig dirt up on his political opponent but got caught
Support and still do a man who lost a fair and honest election and then lies to his people it was stolen with NO credible evidence
Support and still do a man who tried his best to overthrow the government to stay in office
If this is not the most anti american values we have every witness in our lifetime then I don't know what is

You can't support one word of the gossip and slander you post on here, same goes for Cardfan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(05-16-2021, 04:24 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 04:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote: TRT HOOT and JET support and still do a man who worked with the Russians to get elected

You can't support one word of the gossip and slander you post on here, same goes for Cardfan
TRT the evidence is clear as the nose on your face if you can wipe it off
Trump's campaign manager gave internal polling data to a Russian loan shark. Who handed off to the Russian CIA who used it against Hillary to help Trump. Every wonder why Trump pardon his campaign manager ? His long time pal Roger worked with wikileaks to release the hacked emails from the DNC. As soon as the Acess Hollywood tapes aired within 15 minutes Wikileaks started releasing the emails ever wonder why Trump pardon Roger ?
Trump with held money from Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden. That's why his lawyer is under investigation but he got caught it's on tape BUT the only part Trump wanted released.
To this day Trump has not conceded the election and still claims there is fraud without showing any proof. His lawyer the Kracken said under oath. NO REASONBILE PERSON WOULD BELIEVE WHAT I WAS SAYING
I will let Jan. 6th speak for itself. By know everybody with any COMMON SENSE would see what lead up to that terrorist attack.
And I am not even bringing up the disaster of him handling the Trump Flu
Let me say that Mr. Gibson was dead wrong in his assessment of the purpose of my thread. There are two questions that have baffled me for quite some time. One, what is the appeal of the disgraced former president to his base of support? After talking to a lot of people I finally determined the answer to that one. But the other one that has baffled me for many years is "why do conservatives hate liberals so much"? Even during the last election, I saw signs in neighboring yards that indicated their disdain for liberals.("Make liberals cry again") . I would bet $100 that at least one of my three conservative buddies that post in this forum have a bumper sticker or a yard sign with that phrase. I've never seen a sign saying " Make conservatives cry again."  Conservatives have always had nothing but toxic venom running through their veins for liberals and I've really never understood why. So many great things about this country have resulted because progressives courageously took bold action in the face of stubborn and often bigoted opposition. Civil rights, voting rights, environmental protections, social security, and the list goes on and on and on. Again, I think it comes down to conservatives being p!ssed because they think guys like me want to take their stuff (including their glocks and their gods) away from them.  I've never known a liberal who wanted something a conservative has. I would have little use for anything a conservative finds of value.

Let me again say that I like these three right-wingers that post on here frequently. I'm sure they are fine , loving people with fine loving families and fine, loving friends.  The fact remains, it doesn't take someone with a college education to see they despise people who think like the three or four liberal folks who post in this forum. One of my music buddies hasn't minced words about how much he despises liberals.  So, Mr Gibson, contrary to what you stated, my purpose in trying to get an answer to my question had nothing to do with trying to get an angry response from a conservative poster. Hell, all I would have to do is start reciting the alphabet and that would be enough to get an angry retort from a conservative because they hate everything we say or do.  They want to make us cry...again.

I think the political forum is just fine. I enjoy it for the entertainment value .  And entertainment , I think, is primarily why any of us are members of an internet message board. I'm not sure that anything really gets accomplished, however. The ones who post here are really passionate and set in their views and nothing or no one is going to change anyone's opinion. One of my three right wing cyber ninja friends  once said I was sick and needed help. Still to this day I can't even fathom what I said to prompt that remark.  Smile   I appreciate that we are given the latitude to say the things we say in this forum. We are all adults with passionate views and opinions that sometimes get heated.  That's how it is in the real world. If   you can't take a little heat in a politically-themed forum, then maybe you should stick to non-political discussions.  What makes this forum interesting(and entertaining) are the characters who post here.  Hoot, TRT, Jet,  on the right  and  Cardsfan, Vector, Outsider, and myself  on the other end of the political spectrum leave very little room for middle ground. Diametrically opposed views makes for some good fireworks.  No big surprise here but I disagree with Mr Gibson about this thread. It asks a very legitimate question and one that I've wanted conservatives to answer for a long time.   I think the responses we've seen prove that my premise about conservatives  detesting  liberals is valid.  Heck, the topic even prompted a couple of non-regulars to chime in their thoughts.  Good stuff, folks.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1, vector#1
(05-16-2021, 06:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Let me say that Mr. Gibson was dead wrong in his assessment of the purpose of my thread. There are two questions that have baffled me for quite some time. One, what is the appeal of the disgraced former president to his base of support? After talking to a lot of people I finally determined the answer to that one. But the other one that has baffled me for many years is "why do conservatives hate liberals so much"? Even during the last election, I saw signs in neighboring yards that indicated their disdain for liberals.("Make liberals cry again") . I would bet $100 that at least one of my three conservative buddies that post in this forum have a bumper sticker or a yard sign with that phrase. I've never seen a sign saying " Make conservatives cry again."  Conservatives have always had nothing but toxic venom running through their veins for liberals and I've really never understood why. So many great things about this country have resulted because progressives courageously took bold action in the face of stubborn and often bigoted opposition. Civil rights, voting rights, environmental protections, social security, and the list goes on and on and on. Again, I think it comes down to conservatives being p!ssed because they think guys like me want to take their stuff (including their glocks and their gods) away from them.  I've never known a liberal who wanted something a conservative has. I would have little use for anything a conservative finds of value.

Let me again say that I like these three right-wingers that post on here frequently. I'm sure they are fine , loving people with fine loving families and fine, loving friends.  The fact remains, it doesn't take someone with a college education to see they despise people who think like the three or four liberal folks who post in this forum. One of my music buddies hasn't minced words about how much he despises liberals.  So, Mr Gibson, contrary to what you stated, my purpose in trying to get an answer to my question had nothing to do with trying to get an angry response from a conservative poster. Hell, all I would have to do is start reciting the alphabet and that would be enough to get an angry retort from a conservative because they hate everything we say or do.  They want to make us cry...again.

I think the political forum is just fine. I enjoy it for the entertainment value .  And entertainment , I think, is primarily why any of us are members of an internet message board. I'm not sure that anything really gets accomplished, however. The ones who post here are really passionate and set in their views and nothing or no one is going to change anyone's opinion. One of my three right wing cyber ninja friends  once said I was sick and needed help. Still to this day I can't even fathom what I said to prompt that remark.  Smile   I appreciate that we are given the latitude to say the things we say in this forum. We are all adults with passionate views and opinions that sometimes get heated.  That's how it is in the real world. If   you can't take a little heat in a politically-themed forum, then maybe you should stick to non-political discussions.  What makes this forum interesting(and entertaining) are the characters who post here.  Hoot, TRT, Jet,  on the right  and  Cardsfan, Vector, Outsider, and myself  on the other end of the political spectrum leave very little room for middle ground. Diametrically opposed views makes for some good fireworks.  No big surprise here but I disagree with Mr Gibson about this thread. It asks a very legitimate question and one that I've wanted conservatives to answer for a long time.   I think the responses we've seen prove that my premise about conservatives  detesting  liberals is valid.  Heck, the topic even prompted a couple of non-regulars to chime in their thoughts.  Good stuff, folks.
It's a scare tactic simple as that the BNP(old republican party) has run on that ever since Reagan but it's gotten worse. But now they are way out there it's not about policy anymore it's about one man. For some reason they think he is the answer to all of there problems. Any conservative president would do the same things Trump has done, judges. low taxes, and less regulation. But some reason they have fell in love or should I say they worship him. There is NO way they would let a democrat get by with a tenth of what they have let Trump get away with NO way. But this has been coming for a long time it started in the 90's when Fox News started and now all this social media. Hell there is a guy here who gets his info from a catturd what's that about.
And now they are passing voter bills that will let the state legislatures step in and take over the election that's not good not with people we got today. Let the legislators write the bills and rules that's it. Keep the election local like we have done the last 233 years never had this kind of problem until Trump came a long. He has brought out a lot of bad in people.
(05-16-2021, 06:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Let me say that Mr. Gibson was dead wrong in his assessment of the purpose of my thread. There are two questions that have baffled me for quite some time. One, what is the appeal of the disgraced former president to his base of support? After talking to a lot of people I finally determined the answer to that one. But the other one that has baffled me for many years is "why do conservatives hate liberals so much"? Even during the last election, I saw signs in neighboring yards that indicated their disdain for liberals.("Make liberals cry again") . I would bet $100 that at least one of my three conservative buddies that post in this forum have a bumper sticker or a yard sign with that phrase. I've never seen a sign saying " Make conservatives cry again."  Conservatives have always had nothing but toxic venom running through their veins for liberals and I've really never understood why. So many great things about this country have resulted because progressives courageously took bold action in the face of stubborn and often bigoted opposition. Civil rights, voting rights, environmental protections, social security, and the list goes on and on and on. Again, I think it comes down to conservatives being p!ssed because they think guys like me want to take their stuff (including their glocks and their gods) away from them.  I've never known a liberal who wanted something a conservative has. I would have little use for anything a conservative finds of value.

This is all I read. Trying to be nice. Have a nice evening my buddy OSH. Please come back GB.
(05-16-2021, 07:51 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

It's a scare tactic simple as that the BNP(old republican party) has run on that ever since Reagan but it's gotten worse. But now they are way out there it's not about policy anymore it's about one man. For some reason they think he is the answer to all of there problems. Any conservative president would do the same things Trump has done, judges. low taxes, and less regulation. But some reason they have fell in love or should I say they worship him. There is NO way they would let a democrat get by with a tenth of what they have let Trump get away with NO way. But this has been coming for a long time it started in the 90's when Fox News started and now all this social media. Hell there is a guy here who gets his info from a catturd what's that about.
And now they are passing voter bills that will let the state legislatures step in and take over the election that's not good not with people we got today. Let the legislators write the bills and rules that's it. Keep the election local like we have done the last 233 years never had this kind of problem until Trump came a long. He has brought out a lot of bad in people.
And your last sentence gets to the reason for his cult-like appeal to his base. Mr Trump gave his most ardent supporters permission to be the worst of themselves. He validated the bad thoughts and beliefs that they have held for decades. He told my mother it was okay to be a xenophobe. He convinced my uncle its perfectly fine to hold the racist views he's had most his life. Validation of your beliefs is a very powerful thing. We want to think we're right even when we're not. Many people, including family members, have admitted to me that they like Trump because he "says what's on his mind" and "he's says the things that I've always felt." It must be quite a liberating feeling to have your president affirm that it's okay to put the very worst of yourself on full display and that the bigoted feelings you've had for decades is nothing to be ashamed of. Of course not all Republicans or even  all  conservatives are like this but I believe the vast majority of his most ardent supporters love him for the very reason I mentioned.
(05-17-2021, 01:08 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 07:51 PM)vector#1 Wrote: It's a scare tactic simple as that the BNP(old republican party) has run on that ever since Reagan but it's gotten worse. But now they are way out there it's not about policy anymore it's about one man. For some reason they think he is the answer to all of there problems. Any conservative president would do the same things Trump has done, judges. low taxes, and less regulation. But some reason they have fell in love or should I say they worship him. There is NO way they would let a democrat get by with a tenth of what they have let Trump get away with NO way. But this has been coming for a long time it started in the 90's when Fox News started and now all this social media. Hell there is a guy here who gets his info from a catturd what's that about.
And your last sentence gets to the reason for his cult-like appeal to his base. Mr Trump gave his most ardent supporters permission to be the worst of themselves. He validated the bad thoughts and beliefs that they have held for decades. He told my mother it was okay to be a xenophobe. He convinced my uncle its perfectly fine to hold the racist views he's had most his life. Validation of your beliefs is a very powerful thing. We want to think we're right even when we're not. Many people, including family members, have admitted to me that they like Trump because he "says what's on his mind" and "he's says the things that I've always felt." It must be quite a liberating feeling to have your president affirm that it's okay to put the very worst of yourself on full display and that the bigoted feelings you've had for decades is nothing to be ashamed of. Of course not all Republicans or even  all  conservatives are like this but I believe the vast majority of his most ardent supporters love him for the very reason I mentioned.

Humanity is not in and of itself able to get better, fix itself, or otherwise legislate itself into any sort of higher state. Most scholars believe 'outside' of strict societal controls such as the example of those set by the US recently, once espoused but are now being rejected, that people's characters begin to deteriorate rapidly. How you guys can claim victory for the liberal mantra while you ignore the violence in our streets for example, is answerable only in light of Scripture; because there is no intellectual justification for coming to such a conclusion. Has want been eliminated or exacerbated by the socially liberal policies of the past five and half decades? Is the sin of homosexuality more or less prevalent? Are abortions more or less numerous? Lawlessness in general, more or less? Define Irony: The left, mocking Christians for their faith in God while themselves doggedly believing in liberal-ISM and progressive-ISM, and Evolution-ISM, and all the rest of the secular-ISMs, for which there exists hardly a shred of evidence that is not by nature, anecdotal. A side note: The espoused conservative values mentioned above were a shared social standard shared by the people and the Congress. We were a free people.

But men were created and put on earth to make one critical decision, and the decision which they will all without exception make, is whether they will or will not bow before the True Creator of themselves and this universe. To bow before Him means to look to Him for the truth of their own existence, as well as the entirety of creation. To NOT bow before Him means to reject His sovereignty in favor of the long list of ism's men keep coming up with.

That is the real basis for the war which has been and is being waged in the hearts and minds of men. And that is the real basis for the coverage of said war by the media, and as is being acted out in the halls of Congress. In WW2 there was not doubt whose side US war correspondents were on as they brought the war home to Americans via radio and news papers. Fast forward to the US media of today who are not Christians or conservative, but just as dependably report their true colors and are demonstrably in love with liberalism. Conservatives were left behind and to that end I will give libs their vision of 'moving America forward.' But I mean, if they will not recognize God as Creator where else is there for them to turn? Same with their viewers who are in the very same wilful boat with them. And just as in the case of following the science where CV-19 is concerned, we have done no better in following science socially. We either admit there is God to account to, or we spend our lives dodging the issue. The flight from reality of that accountability has much more by way of glitter in our time however. We immerse ourselves in blockbuster movies, the pursuit of homes and property, and we use each other in that pursuit like the inhabitants of vampire world where the prey and the hunter are each other.

Donald Trump's base are not the fools you guys try to paint them. The US was not founded on racism. Republican conservatives though certainly not right all the time, are not the bad guys. And liberals have almost none of the right answers, much less all of them. And God is not mocked. There is however an oasis of truth to be had here on this planet of of decision. It is attainable by listening to one's own conscience initially for direction, and then honestly seeking God---  Hebrews 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Meanwhile the war for men's hearts will rage on with exponential speed and consequence as we near the end. The nearness of which is beyond doubt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great Post!  I tried to like twice, but then it unliked.  
I watched another message board lose tons of members after suspensions and the closure of the political board.  I lost interest in the site after that.  I have to be keeping BGRs views up because I love the back and forth.  I'm never changing any of these jokers and they ain't changing me, but as I've said before I like to the tit for tat.  I imagine most everybody on here does.  

Drinking liberal tears, liberal snowflakes, stick it to the libs:  tell me again how liberals are making this up.   Of course, the comedy of all of this is much of that has come back to bite right in the keister.  The tears of melting snowflakes are coming from the other side.   So much so they invaded the Capitol. 

Sometimes I believe the conservative Universe creates this fable that there are just a handful of liberals all across the nation like little pockets that they need to stomp out.  Over half the nation is left-leaning.  Even in Red states and counties, 30% of their population is left-leaning. 

Our nation is full of Americans first, the wish for pain on others is unpatriotic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cardfan1's post:
  • vector#1
"Our nation is full of Americans first, the wish for pain on others is unpatriotic"
But this group has gotten smaller the last 4 years.
Cardsfan is right about America shifting to the Left. 
It is true that  America is Becoming More Liberal:  

Over the past half-century, Americans’ beliefs and the country’s policies have shifted leftward on an array of cultural issues. The United States has also expanded government social programs, and nearly all such programs are solidly supported by a broad swath of the U.S. population. On top of this, in the past decade, the Democratic Party has been moving left in its policy commitments.

This progressive turn is likely to endure. Once norms and laws favoring tolerance, personal freedom and a big welfare state get institutionalized and don’t have significant adverse side effects, citizens become accustomed to them, making them hard to reverse. Further, getting major policy changes through the U.S. political system is difficult, so once new social programs are enacted, they are hard to dilute or eliminate.

Will policy move further to the left? Despite formidable obstacles, there is good reason to think the answer is yes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...lains-why/