Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville vs. KCD 12/18 (1A Finals)
(12-17-2020, 12:08 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I think it'll be a short low scoring game and I like the Tigers to be the first "All-A" size school to win a state championship in football, basketball, and baseball. Such a great accomplishment that the community and alumni should be extremely proud of.

Tigers win, 27-16.
And Golf. Impressive for such a small school. Now go get it Tigers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • Woodrow F. Call
GAME DAY!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • Woodrow F. Call
Paintsville big. Running clock big.

47-7
Lord this game is ugly to watch. This doesn’t even seem like real football. In no other state other than watered down Kentucky do these two teams play for a state championship.
Radio?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Painstville 07
KCD 00
Painstville 07
Kentucky Country Day 00

End of first

Painstville on 1yd line
Reminds me of a middle school state championship, definitely the least talented two teams I’ve saw play for a tittle in years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue dawg's post:
  • Diogenes
Painstville 14
Kentucky Country Day 00

11.57 2Q
(12-17-2020, 12:44 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 12:08 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I think it'll be a short low scoring game and I like the Tigers to be the first "All-A" size school to win a state championship in football, basketball, and baseball. Such a great accomplishment that the community and alumni should be extremely proud of.

Tigers win, 27-16.
And Golf. Impressive for such a small school. Now go get it Tigers!
Don't forget volleyball, 9 straight district titles and 3 state tournament appearances in the last 4 years.
If KCD doesn’t show some life soon they will be dancing in the streets of Prestonsburg tonight!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomcat Pride's post:
  • Diogenes
(12-18-2020, 01:39 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: If KCD doesn’t show some life soon they will be dancing in the streets of Prestonsburg tonight!
It’s crazy listening to these names called maybe 4 players total attended Paintsville elementary... north pburg may win state. I’m confident Belfry and JC has middle school teams that could beat either one of these teams.
(12-18-2020, 11:15 AM)VoR_58 Wrote: Paintsville big. Running clock big.

47-7

makes for a great state title game if this happens... Big Grin
(12-18-2020, 01:39 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: If KCD doesn’t show some life soon they will be dancing in the streets of Prestonsburg tonight!

?????

That is some funny stuff, especially coming from an Ashland fan!
(12-18-2020, 01:43 PM)Blue dawg Wrote:
It’s crazy listening to these names called maybe 4 players total attended Paintsville elementary... north pburg may win state. I’m confident Belfry and JC has middle school teams that could beat either one of these teams.
Lol this guy! Not much to do on a Friday mid Day huh? ?
(12-18-2020, 01:59 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
You saying it’s not true?
Go Pburg!!!!! I’m from pburg and it’s been long time since we have been to a title game!!!! Looks like we will win back to back! Johnson Central last year and Paintsville this year!!! Go Blackcats!!!!
Did the Lovely kid play for Magoffin last year? Regardless, if they win a state championship, you really can't blame the kids for leaving programs that are not going to compete for a state championship. If those kids would have stayed at Prestonsburg, Magoffin County, or where ever they may have come from, they weren't winning a championship. I don't agree with poaching kids from other schools, but it's the new norm in high school football.
Go Tigers!!

Finish this off and keep the Class A trophy in the mountains!!
(12-18-2020, 02:08 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
Did the Lovely kid play for Magoffin last year? Regardless, if they win a state championship, you really can't blame the kids for leaving programs that are not going to compete for a state championship. If those kids would have stayed at Prestonsburg, Magoffin County, or where ever they may have come from, they weren't winning a championship. I don't agree with poaching kids from other schools, but it's the new norm in high school football.
Every successful school gets transfers but when the majority of your team is from another school system then you have something stinky going on. How many transfers does Paintsville have in their starting lineup?

(12-18-2020, 02:10 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: Go Tigers!!

Pikeville should share in this state championship as well for their performance in the Hazard game. If they would’ve focused more on winning the game instead of padding the QB’s stats they would be playing today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomcat Pride's post:
  • Diogenes
(12-18-2020, 02:04 PM)Ballbuster Wrote: Go Pburg!!!!! I’m from pburg and it’s been long time since we have been to a title game!!!! Looks like we will win back to back! Johnson Central last year and Paintsville this year!!! Go Blackcats!!!!

I know they lose some players to other schools but there has to be a good reason so many kids have transferred but I'm not gonna pretend to know the reason.

When I was in high school in the late 90s Pburg was always one of our toughest opponents, I believe I went 2-2 against both Belfry and Pburg and they were very similar in regard to the talent level.  The huge decline of Pburg football has been very surprising too see, I hope they can get back to where they are fielding the kind of teams I remember 20 years ago.
Tigers by 2+ scores.
(12-18-2020, 02:13 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 02:08 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
Every successful school gets transfers but when the majority of your team is from another school system then you have something stinky going on. How many transfers does Paintsville have in their starting lineup?

(12-18-2020, 02:10 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: Go Tigers!!

Pikeville should share in this state championship as well for their performance in the Hazard game. If they would’ve focused more on winning the game instead of padding the QB’s stats they would be playing today.

I didn't watch any Pikeville games this year so I don't know but there was no excuse for losing that game to Hazard.  Pikeville will probably be back at Kroger Field next December baring another playoff choke job.  I'm just glad they had a season this year and while they are a rival it will be pretty cool too see Paintsville get their first football state title.
Paintsville is running away with this one 38-7
Harris Phelps has HAD A DAY!

Paintsville ball. 1;58 remaining 38-7
Congratulations Tigers! Happy for those kids!
Only thing you can take from this game is there needs to be 4 classes maybe even 3, wasn’t a d1 player on the field in a state championship game. Hopefully the other 5 games make up for this game.
Congratulations to Paintsville!!
Takes a real immature, classless person to make a post like this.

How old are you, 12? Hard to believe an adult would get on here and post garbage like this. Be happy for those kids. Their bringing a state championship back to the mountains.
Congrats to the Tigers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes UKisN1's post:
  • Woodrow F. Call