Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIAL: KHSAA Moves Playoffs Back A Week
(11-07-2020, 11:51 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:30 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Trinity was coming out of quarantine this Thursday. No truth behind what that guy is saying.

However, Calloway County released a statement saying they’re back in it now. Key back to my earlier statement.

Thanks for the clarification! But when you saying this Thursday. Do you mean the 12th? Cause itd be hard to play on a Friday when you haven’t practiced or anything in two weeks. 

It really could’ve been they wanted to let as many teams as possible make the decision to come back after they originally opted out of the playoffs.

Trinity could not practice for 2 weeks and no team in Kentucky could get within 2-3 TD's of them so thats definitely not the reason. They play Marshall Co not sure if they have even won a game
(11-07-2020, 11:30 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Trinity was coming out of quarantine this Thursday. No truth behind what that guy is saying.

However, Calloway County released a statement saying they’re back in it now. Key back to my earlier statement.

Thanks for the clarification! But when you saying this Thursday. Do you mean the 12th? Cause itd be hard to play on a Friday when you haven’t practiced or anything in two weeks. 

It really could’ve been they wanted to let as many teams as possible make the decision to come back after they originally opted out of the playoffs.
Exactly!!!!!

Yes they were coming out of quarantine on Thursday so wouldve had to played with no practices. With that said.. I don’t think trinity would’ve had much trouble with being the 1 seed and as loaded as they are. 

I truly think it was to let teams be able to get back in it and give them a chance to play and participate in playoffs.
(11-07-2020, 12:07 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Trinity could not practice for 2 weeks and no team in Kentucky could get within 2-3 TD's of them so thats definitely not the reason. They play Marshall Co not sure if they have even won a game.  I think a couple of teams have already got back in.
(11-07-2020, 11:57 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:

Fake news ....

Lol I hear ya Alex Jones...
Have there been any cases statewide of high school student athletes having serious health problems with this?
What is big in all of this is that the KHSAA has a board of control meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 18. I think they will decide at this meeting if they will be any football playoffs and also I think they will make a decision on the winter sports then as well in if they will be shortened or even played at all.
KHSAA goes against its own board of control and pushes it back a week. Through email conformation the board said go own as planned and KHSAA didn’t follow that advice. Hearing Louisville area schools wanted this and got it. Horrible decision,.IMO
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cattleman's post:
  • Tommy2tone
(11-07-2020, 10:57 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:21 AM)Spud6 Wrote: This would be odd to me. Why would you move it back like you said and risk even more teams having players have to quarantine?
Yep it’s confirmed!!! 

I can’t figure out LEGIT reason. You add more time to the equation, therefore adding more risk of potential exposure. Like any virus, it survives well in the cold and we are heading into late fall?? Haha

the only thing I can think of is if their mindset is “well it’s getting colder so more people won’t get out”. But the forecast looks pretty nice for the future so that shoots that theory. 

I’m telling ya, there’s some hidden agenda behind that one.  If I had to guess, a school who has cases, has someone of power to push it back so they can play.
Trinity ........
See that’s what I was thinking. High profile school, nationally recognized, lotssssss of money
So Tackett says the delay will give “senior school administrators” a chance to see where
The numbers go and make a decision. (Hahahahahah). Like they don’t know the situation.

Bad news: tackett stated “substantial changes could be made as needed in future days and weeks.” to me that just don’t sound good.

Good news: he did say teams who didn’t qualify for the playoffs could play if a team in their district chooses not to play. That could give some other KIDS a chance at something they’ll never be able to do again!!! Maybe......
In the words of Gwen Stefani, this $h!t is B@nana$....lol
IMO there is ZERO reason to delay the playoffs if you truly intend to have them. I have been on the front line of this deal since March and it is not getting better anytime soon. Numbers and colors of maps may fluctuate, but it is not going to magically disappear. The playoffs should have begun on time if they want to get them in. An additional week of time may allow a few more teams to play, which is a good thing, but it also may allow other teams to be placed in quarantine which means getting knocked out. I think they should actually have begun the playoffs earlier than now.
[-] The following 3 users Like bucslover68's post:
  • Bull got out!, Panther Thunder, Tigerallamerican
bucslover68 Wrote:IMO there is ZERO reason to delay the playoffs if you truly intend to have them.  I have been on the front line of this deal since March and it is not getting better anytime soon.  Numbers and colors of maps may fluctuate, but it is not going to magically disappear.  The playoffs should have begun on time if they want to get them in.  An additional week of time may allow a few more teams to play, which is a good thing, but it also may allow other teams to be placed in quarantine which means getting knocked out.  I think they should actually have begun the playoffs earlier than now.

Agree wholeheartedly.  spot on.   I definitely think something is amiss here.
They've screwed it up as bad as we all knew they were capable of. Imagine if any high school kids were actually sick...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
The phrase “extraordinary changes” is what had me worried. That and tackett will almost seems impulsive, and doesn’t listen to reason and logic from the the people associated in the organization
Just my personal opinion, if cases don’t go down by Thursday it will be over. Make no mistake all communities know where they are with the virus, didn’t need a week to access!
(11-08-2020, 07:23 PM)Cattleman Wrote: Just my personal opinion, if cases don’t go down by Thursday it will be over. Make no mistake all communities know where they are with the virus, didn’t need a week to access!
I tend to either agree with that or B) there was another nefarious reason to delay that played to some individuals advantage. 

like you said, we all know where we stand. And even the most optimistic predictions won’t have cases going down by any measurable number, if at all. 

I just feel bad for some of these seniors who will have one chance at a title. And even those who don’t, all the hard work they put in for......NOTHING.
(11-08-2020, 11:03 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 07:23 PM)Cattleman Wrote: Just my personal opinion, if cases don’t go down by Thursday it will be over. Make no mistake all communities know where they are with the virus, didn’t need a week to access!
I tend to either agree with that or B) there was another nefarious reason to delay that played to some individuals advantage. 

like you said, we all know where we stand. And even the most optimistic predictions won’t have cases going down by any measurable number, if at all. 

I just feel bad for some of these seniors who will have one chance at a title. And even those who don’t, all the hard work they put in for......NOTHING.

This is the 1st pandemic any of us has lived through.  Mistakes have been made due to that fact.  Politicians did what they do, made it political and it cost time, and thus lives.  We as Humans need to acknowledge that the virus is real, and while not deadly to most, it is deadly to some.  And the more we live like there is on virus the more people will die.  When there is a vaccine, then I think we can talk about getting things back to "normal."  I feel for the players that have lost out due to this pandemic, but instead of teaching them to say "woe is me...." and play the victims, how about we acknowledge the unfairness of the situation and teach them to move on from the disappointment.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 2 users Like Poseidon's post:
  • CoachV182, Gitback Coach
I don't have any inside info on how the KHSAA thinks, but I think there are likely multiple reasons for the push back, and some of them have been touched on in this thread.  

With several teams announcing they wouldn't participate, and rumors of many more, this extra week gives time to make bracket adjustments rather than doing it in a weekend.  I think this is key so teams enter their round 1 week knowing what their path and opponents are.

IMO however perhaps the most important reason to push back the first game to Nov 20 is that there is a Board Of Control meeting on Nov 18.  This move gives the BOC time to collect their thoughts, communicate with member schools, evaluate the situation and then take appropriate action on the 18th, whatever that may be.
A. I have not heard of a single outbreak due to one team or player giving it to another team or player.

B. "delaying" hoping cases go down in the next couple of weeks is so stupid. So now, on Friday nights these kids are going to hang out with other kids exposing themselves to the virus in an uncontroled environment.

C. The terrifying part to this is that they have now set the standards to "delay" because things are "bad". What if they get worse?

Very bad decision by tacket. And this after he had been so strong.

Let's hope it's just Jefferson County virtue signaling. "Doing something" to be able to say they "did something".
[-] The following 2 users Like Go Blazers Go's post:
  • Deuce8, MadScientist94
Any updates? Hearsay? Hell just make something up, and if it sounds reasonable, we’ll go with it!!

This board is deader than half the people that voted for Biden right now!
Hard to pause and resume.

If they don't announce after this week that playoffs are resuming I fear we can go ahead and write the playoffs off entirely.

The guise used will be "They got to play at least".

My hunch is 1/3 of the teams will choose to opt out anyway since their chances of advancement are slim and they will most likely lose money anyway.

KHSAA should require a deadline of Sunday for teams to announce if they plan to participate or not. Then they can adjust a playoff bracket accordingly. Will be a whole lot more likely to complete a playoff if you can eliminate a Round.
Note to KHSAA...…1. Let's seriously consider eliminating the 3rd and 4th seeds from the playoffs entirely. 2. ....or just seed each DISTRICT WINNER via the RPI....and drop the 2nd place team as well. Unfortunately....wherever a team falls...they fall. At least we've had some semblance of a season. As I'm looking at the RPI numbers in each Class....I'm quite sure that each respective champion will come out of the top 16 in each class. Thoughts?
(11-08-2020, 11:48 PM)David T. Caudill Wrote:

This is the 1st pandemic any of us has lived through.  Mistakes have been made due to that fact.  Politicians did what they do, made it political and it cost time, and thus lives.  We as Humans need to acknowledge that the virus is real, and while not deadly to most, it is deadly to some.  And the more we live like there is on virus the more people will die.  When there is a vaccine, then I think we can talk about getting things back to "normal."  I feel for the players that have lost out due to this pandemic, but instead of teaching them to say "woe is me...." and play the victims, how about we acknowledge the unfairness of the situation and teach them to move on from the disappointment.
Most people don't need politicians to tell them when to be disappointed and when to move on from disappointment. If you want to wait for a vaccine that's your business, but most people have already "moved on" from being scared of a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate. We have been over this many times, if you are scared stay home as long as you like. Millions of people have stated they won't even get the vaccine when it is available. So next you will want me to stay home until everyone agrees to get the vaccine.
(11-10-2020, 04:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Most people don't need politicians to tell them when to be disappointed and when to move on from disappointment. If you want to wait for a vaccine that's your business, but most people have already "moved on" from being scared of a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate. We have been over this many times, if you are scared stay home as long as you like. Millions of people have stated they won't even get the vaccine when it is available. So next you will want me to stay home until everyone agrees to get the vaccine.
Yep.  You are right and anyone that disagrees with you is scared and is wrong.  Yep, we will go with that.

Thumbnail(s)

^^^Very simple, if you are scared stay home. For the vast majority of the people who can deal with a 99.9% survival rate and follow all the safety protocols, spare us your fear and lectures.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05, Tomcat Pride
(11-10-2020, 04:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I figure since they claim Biden won, we will start seeing the media morons saying that “well it’s not as bad as once thought” hahaha. But I’m with you on the vaccine. I’m not gonna take it. And 99% of the people I talk to won’t. So what is the point in delaying playoffs when no one would take it anyways. Are we gonna keep delaying life until it just disappears?
(11-10-2020, 06:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Very simple, if you are scared stay home. For the vast majority of the people who can deal with a 99.9% survival rate and follow all the safety protocols, spare us your fear and lectures.

The 99.9% sounds great until its you or someone you care about that dies.  I really hope that no one gets this or dies but part of me thinks that is the only way some people will learn.  Wishing everyone, even Jetpilot, a safe and healthy Holiday season.

(11-10-2020, 06:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Very simple, if you are scared stay home. For the vast majority of the people who can deal with a 99.9% survival rate and follow all the safety protocols, spare us your fear and lectures.
Keep in mind that you’re talking to the same people who needed safe spaces because they feared free speech. So it’s not unreasonable to think that they have their heads buried in the sand
(11-10-2020, 09:20 PM)David T. Caudill Wrote:

The 99.9% sounds great until its you or someone you care about that dies.  I really hope that no one gets this or dies but part of me thinks that is the only way some people will learn.  Wishing everyone, even Jetpilot, a safe and healthy Holiday season.
But here’s the thing, you have a better chance at dying in a car wreck, heart attack. So many other things. But yet “society” picks one thing to focus on. I don’t see them stopping McDonald’s French fries, driving, smoking. So many other things that are more likely to kill you and stuff that people can control. 

as far as football, it hasn’t been linked to any outbreaks or deaths, so why cancel it? Would you not agree?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • HCS, jetpilot