Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underrated players in the 14th
Christopher & Cackling - Estill
E-ROCK Wrote:Christopher & Cackling - Estill
Christopher and Cack - Estill
UKisN1 Wrote:Blair and Banks will show what two years of battling will do for them.

Collins is an assest that is largely overlooked by even the most avid fans because of his lack of scoring, but his defense, rebounding, and passing ability make him underrated.

I agree with you on one of your points (Blair and Banks will show what two years of battling will do for them.) But Collins is not a good rebounder, he is weak and his passing skills is lacking some because he never gets to touch the ball. Smile
His passing out of the low post opens up the outside shooting of the Stepps and Cox. He is JBS' only rebounder besides Hall.
UKisN1 Wrote:His passing out of the low post opens up the outside shooting of the Stepps and Cox. He is JBS' only rebounder besides Hall.

It is hard to pass the ball when you are only getting around 5 to 7 touches a game.
Cougarfan25 Wrote:jason kelly is the most underated
i also like the guards at letcher central as being underated

I can't agree with you on the Jason Kelly being overrated part. Kelly hasn't proven himself basically at anytime in his career. One interesting note on him he has never been to a regional tournament except when he went to one, sad but true. He could've won a 14th region championship his freshmen year but quit at the end or whatever. He can score and do all the great things on weaker competition but he has no experience in the tournaments like the last two seasons, PCC going one and done to Hazard and Buckhorn. Hope he has a good year and everything and gets a basketball scholarship but i don't think he is underrated.
Short at JBS is a great ball player and not only is puckett the most underrated player, but he is also the best player in the region
One problem who cares who could win a one on one game with puckett and the other kid basketball is a team game one on one NBA style players are never succesful in basketball. Look at the olympic team.
My underrated players would be Justin Jones from Hazard, Trey Short from June Buchanan, and Jarrod Amburgey from Knott Central. People have different roles on a team. Some people's roles are to score, play defense, be a leader, or get rebounds and hustle. I think that the hustlers and rebounders are sometimes overlooked, but are just as important to the team as the scorers which receive all of the glory.
Eric Grimm is the most underated player at Jenkins. Not Puckett.
E-ROCK Wrote:Christopher & Cackling - Estill
How can they be underrated when they are supposedly some of the top players in the region???:confused:
Eric Back-PCC
Roughneck40 Wrote:One problem who cares who could win a one on one game with puckett and the other kid basketball is a team game one on one NBA style players are never succesful in basketball. Look at the olympic team.

:confused:
Godspeed Wrote:How can they be underrated when they are supposedly some of the top players in the region???:confused:
They were not rated in the top 10 players in the region. Josh Napier is also underrated - he is averaging 19 points per game his first 4 games.
Express Wrote:They were not rated in the top 10 players in the region. Josh Napier is also underrated - he is averaging 19 points per game his first 4 games.
Well in my honest opinion I do believe that Christopher belongs in the top 10...and you are definitely right about Napier. The boy can straight up shoot the lights out. Probably the best 3 pt. shooter in the region...jmo.
I think that it is time to give Justin Mays of Powell County some respect. He is a big man that goes hard all game and isnt the best shooter in the world but is really important to Powell. Just wish he would cut his hair.
:beavis:
Charles at Lee has to be one of the most underrated in this region. Avg. 23 ppg and a team player who can penetrate or shoot and has become a solid defender.
ARC Wrote:Charles at Lee has to be one of the most underrated in this region. Avg. 23 ppg and a team player who can penetrate or shoot and has become a solid defender.

I dont think Charles is underrated everyone knows he is a good player.
14th Champ Wrote:I dont think Charles is underrated everyone knows he is a good player.

I take it that we're talking about 'ratings'....like the top 10 or 20 players in the 14th. Not just 'everyone thinks/knows they're a good player'.

Their are several 'lists' with the players ranked from 1 - 10 or so. Their are several players who did not make the list, and this discussion (I think) is about them.
Napier from Estill.
Adam McIntosh from Owsley.
Without a doubt Mcintosh from Owsley. This kid is something else.
amburgey-knott co.
wildcatsbaby Wrote:I Do Beleive Puckett Ate Stepp Alive. He Is Over All A Better Player Than Stepp But Does Not Get The Credit. I Would Like To See Them Two Play 1 On 1.
yeah i would love to see it to. the game would not last long since stepp would put it all over puckett. stepp is with out a doubt the best player in the 14th and everyone will see this when jbs wins the region and stepp steps on the court to claim the region mvp award.
i think that kinser is
No where in this discussion have I seen anything mentioned about Josh Taylor and Zach Hurt for the Cordia Lions. I guess that defines them as under rated. Both players are averaging a Double-Double and IMO that by the time the ALL 'A' is played, these two players will show why they deserve the recognition that they will get then.
Puckett-Jenkins
J. Taylor-Cordia
Trey Short-JBS
Charlie Banks-LCC
Josh Mosley-Cordia
amburgey and buttermilk-kcc
kentuckyblue354 Wrote:yeah i would love to see it to. the game would not last long since stepp would put it all over puckett. stepp is with out a doubt the best player in the 14th and everyone will see this when jbs wins the region and stepp steps on the court to claim the region mvp award.

who says that jbs is going to win region?
the last time i checked there was still some games left to be played..
i do believe your getting ahead of yourself there bud.
and besides if it does happen.
whos to say that we won't have a repeat of the wymt mountain classic.
remember who got mvp then??
i do recall that it was Mr. Tate Coxs :Thumbs:
KCCHS2010 Wrote:who says that jbs is going to win region?
the last time i checked there was still some games left to be played..
i do believe your getting ahead of yourself there bud.
and besides if it does happen.
whos to say that we won't have a repeat of the wymt mountain classic.
remember who got mvp then??
i do recall that it was Mr. Tate Coxs :Thumbs:
Clark Stepp is better than alot of people give him credit for but Tate Cox is the MVP of this JBS team that is loaded with talent...