Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 28 North Laurel 22
Congratulations whitley
Bolt Wrote:North literally just had to take two knees and win the game, but Larkeys who wouldn't let that happen. Kid fumbles the ball with like 1:43 left in the game. Whitley gets it and then proceeds to go about 65 yards to score in about a minute. Oh, and they had to score in 4th and 8. North blew a coverage assignment.

This had bigger implications that just tonight. This was for the 2 seed in the district. These two will face off again as the 2 and 3 seed in the first round. This just gave Whitley another home game against north.

To put it in game terms....
North 1st and 10 at the Whitley 40 with 1:43 left in the game.
North 22 Whitley 20

Fumble

I bet whitley fans are happy north tried to punch another one in.
Now I understand thanks
Credit to Whitley for overcoming a bad 1st half. Defense worked hard to stop some second half drives from north and credit to Whitley offense for coming back and scoring twice under pressure. Either way you measure it a win is a win and home field advantage.
3wishes Wrote:Quit with the lies, you obviously weren’t there to know, NL wasn’t trying to score. There was 1:43 left, NL had ball at the 40, no one trying to score and Whitley had two timeouts left.
It wasn’t a matter of taking a knee, it was a fumbled snap under center, qb was just goin to burn time. No one gave NL a chance anyway and they weren’t trying to punch it in from 40 yards away, geez.
It was a good game.
Once again, bobbled center/qb exchange, huge difference, than trying to run the ball and score when they weren’t.

Answer this question and I'll leave it at that....

Could north have taken a knee and won the game at that point?
Dont forget they ran the ball the play before thay as well when they didnt have to. Whitley was out of timeouts.

It appears your a friend of larkey, because I dont know anyone who would defend what he did at the end of that game. It was one of the dumbest mistakes I've seen but typical for that bunch
Bolt Wrote:Answer this question and I'll leave it at that....

Could north have taken a knee and won the game at that point?
Dont forget they ran the ball the play before thay as well when they didnt have to. Whitley was out of timeouts.

It appears your a friend of larkey, because I dont know anyone who would defend what he did at the end of that game. It was one of the dumbest mistakes I've seen but typical for that bunch

That’s easy, Whitley had TWO timeouts with 1:57 on clock with North at 50 yard line. That’s why they ran it on 1st down.
They got 12 yard gain, still had 1:45 on clock with two timeouts.
Couldn’t just take a knee and besides it wasn’t a run when he fumbled.
It was a bad snap qb center exchange
Even if he was taking a knee it would’ve been a fumble.
Qb never got ball from center.
Don’t have to defend anything, NL played over their heads with backup center, two brand new offensive lineman and someone asked earlier about two point conversion because North is on their third string long snapper.
Not excuses because North played a bad fourth quarter and still had game won but football is 48 minutes and not 47 minutes and 30 seconds, anything. Can happen and miracle worked out at the end for Whitley
2 timeouts or 0 timeouts. That is the question.
ArJay Wrote:2 timeouts or 0 timeouts. That is the question.

Two
Because Whitley used both of them after the fumble, once on 3rd and 4th down on their last drive
Spud6 Wrote:I don’t understand why he wouldn’t take knees then? Maybe he just didn’t even have that thought cross his mind or what. But that’s crazy and would have been a fun game to watch for sure.

You’d have to know larkey....... just saying. In all honesty he HaD to know. But his ego forgot
I thought you knew a little about football but now I know better
JakeHarper Wrote:I thought Larkey lost focus after the catch was overturned......he lost his ever loving mind, and honestly it was not even close to a catch, he knew it, you know, heck Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles even knew it was not a catch. His team reflected his loss of focus and well you see the outcome
I couldn't believe he kept whining over a bounce pass.lol. Does anybody have video? Smile
3wishes Wrote:That’s easy, Whitley had TWO timeouts with 1:57 on clock with North at 50 yard line. That’s why they ran it on 1st down.
They got 12 yard gain, still had 1:45 on clock with two timeouts.
Couldn’t just take a knee and besides it wasn’t a run when he fumbled.
It was a bad snap qb center exchange
Even if he was taking a knee it would’ve been a fumble.
Qb never got ball from center.
Don’t have to defend anything, NL played over their heads with backup center, two brand new offensive lineman and someone asked earlier about two point conversion because North is on their third string long snapper.
Not excuses because North played a bad fourth quarter and still had game won but football is 48 minutes and not 47 minutes and 30 seconds, anything. Can happen and miracle worked out at the end for Whitley

Did Whitley defense cause a bad snap?
Pressure of being hit all night and the pressure of the situation caused the QB to leave early the snap was fine the QB left early and the rest is history....which should have never happened, had Larkey just punted from his own 39 instead of giving the Colonels a short field there would not have been time at the end of the game. Short answer is Larkey cost them the game.
pjdoug Wrote:Did Whitley defense cause a bad snap?

Sounds like it and a bad hangover this morning to go with it...
JakeHarper Wrote:Pressure of being hit all night and the pressure of the situation caused the QB to leave early the snap was fine the QB left early and the rest is history....which should have never happened, had Larkey just punted from his own 39 instead of giving the Colonels a short field there would not have been time at the end of the game. Short answer is Larkey cost them the game.

You just don’t know football, it was the kids fault and Whitley had 3 time outs and NL doesn’t have as much talent and....
In all seriousness NL has a heck of a team, talent all over the field but lack of coaching is apparent. Run heavy offense most the game then tries to start passing in the 4th quarter with a comfortable lead...LB’s don’t know how to play pass coverage middle of the field open all night when Whitley ran slants it was there LB’s never picked it up...Larkey seems to want to spread it out sometimes but looks like he got his plays off of Madden and the PlayStation...
single shot Wrote:Sounds like it and a bad hangover this morning to go with it...

Whitley played bad in a lot of areas ,but it was fun to watch because that defense pounded them all night long. several tackles for a loss including 5 sacks.
single shot Wrote:In all seriousness NL has a heck of a team, talent all over the field but lack of coaching is apparent. Run heavy offense most the game then tries to start passing in the 4th quarter with a comfortable lead...LB’s don’t know how to play pass coverage middle of the field open all night when Whitley ran slants it was there LB’s never picked it up...Larkey seems to want to spread it out sometimes but looks like he got his plays off of Madden and the PlayStation...

Confusednicker:
They get the ball at 1:57 and run......
First and 10 with 1:45 to go..... Run the play and the clock to 1:35 and knee....... Then its 2nd down and 10........1:35.
After the first timeout..... Snap again which would be 1:30? Before the second time out and now its 3 and 10......with under 1:30..... And theyre outta timeouts!
Run a kneel play on 3rd to get the clock under a minute.....
Punt on 4th after the delay of game....
Theyd have the ball inside the 20 with approximately :45 seconds and run a 2 safety prevent defense......

Seems simple