Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville at Hazard predictions 10/18
Pikeville by 10
Patriot1 Wrote:Come on bac2369, you are not getting off that easy. Tells us what you think because you probably know more about the dogs than any of the rest of us.

I think it should be an exciting game(which I’ve said already). I’ve seen a total of two games this season and listened to one on the radio. Hazard has become night and day better then when I watched them in the scrimmage game back on August.

Hazard is a physical team which many know and they will play tough. Hasn’t will need to contain Big Plays to win the ball game. Hazard will also need to stay out of 3rd and longs and keep those manageable. They will also need ball security and not fumble.

Hazard will keep it basically simple in my option and that’s going to be run it at you and make you stop it. They will throw and are capable of it, when they have too.

I also see this similar to that matchup with Paintsville several weeks ago Pikeville had with them.

Many have complained about the officiating from two games at Hazard, but I want to point out these teams (Paintsville and Somerset) faced adversity not having there normal kids in the lineup and messing chemistry and mentally trying to get there heads back right. Somerset adjusted late in the game after Hazard muffed the punt late in the 3rd quarter, and Paintsville did as well after coming out after the lightening delay and stopping Hazard and going down and getting a score to bring the score down to 3 points. but they couldn’t get the stop they needed after getting the ball back and turning it over on downs to give the ball back to Hazard ( which hazard goes and scores a touchdown).

I’ve seen many games in our area where the officiating has been terrible or even non existent. Example I watched the Hazard and Pikeville game in 2016 at Pikeville, Hazard had 7 penalties at the half and Pikeville 0, I didn’t really keep track after that but I remember Hazard added a few more and Pikeville finished with 1 face mask penalty that game. Pikeville won that game 29-21. Pikeville had the game in control as well and Hazards comeback just came up short.

The 2018 game between Hazard and Pikeville had very few penalties and several missed calls both ways. I myself would rather see those flags thrown instead of seeing a missed call that gets a kid hurt in the game.

I was just giving examples on officiating. I’ve also seen and read many threads from here about people complaining on officiating at other places other than these two teams mentioned above. Paintsville fans complain about Raceland, Raceland complains about Paintsville. Pikeville complains about Paintsville, Paintsville complains about Hazard, and so on....( just using 1A teams for example).

But I can’t wait to watch this game. If anyone wants to meet up at the game and talk we surely can just let me know.

So is it Friday yet?
2000PHS Wrote:I will note that when Paintsville played at Hazard, the refs were basically a non factor, for what it’s worth. I may be dead wrong but unless Hazard has been sandbagging in preparation for Pikeville, I don’t think the game is ever in doubt after mid way through the 3rd. I see a game similar to Pikeville vs Paintsville in last year’s regular season.

Hazard was in the led vs Paintsville, no need for the Refs to get involved. Not even after Hazard spiking the ball after a TD and player giving High fives to the crowd in the end zone. :biglmao:
Thanks bac2369, I could see it going a lot of ways but appreciate your assessment. Pikeville’s defense is getting better and better. Offense is improving and has come leaps and bounds this year. The young quarterback is going to be a dandy time he is done at Pikeville but he has really improved and getting his reads down and going threw his progressions. I am not worried about officiating just some timely mistakes from some of the young players make in these highly tuff games. Really I think Pikeville offense can be really good. I believe it will be a great game between to very good teams. Just hope for an injury free game for both teams and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
At this point, I’m afraid to make a prediction. Have seen some crazy stuff this year. But, I think Pikeville wins this one.
Patriot1 Wrote:Thanks bac2369, I could see it going a lot of ways but appreciate your assessment. Pikeville’s defense is getting better and better. Offense is improving and has come leaps and bounds this year. The young quarterback is going to be a dandy time he is done at Pikeville but he has really improved and getting his reads down and going threw his progressions. I am not worried about officiating just some timely mistakes from some of the young players make in these highly tuff games. Really I think Pikeville offense can be really good. I believe it will be a great game between to very good teams. Just hope for an injury free game for both teams and as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I agree he is going to be a dandy. The Paintsville game was a very good learning experience for him. Mistakes will doom teams. Pikevilles offense is explosive. I thought they tryed to rely to much on Hensley the Paintsville game. Hopefully it’s an injury free game. I also think as stated in many of these games is the familiarity with each other.
When the sports guys were on the Pikeville TV station they always said to win at Ashland or Hazard needed to be two touchdowns better to come away with a win. Think panthers are this year & escape with 22-20 win.
bac2369 Wrote:I think it should be an exciting game(which I’ve said already). I’ve seen a total of two games this season and listened to one on the radio. Hazard has become night and day better then when I watched them in the scrimmage game back on August.

Hazard is a physical team which many know and they will play tough. Hasn’t will need to contain Big Plays to win the ball game. Hazard will also need to stay out of 3rd and longs and keep those manageable. They will also need ball security and not fumble.

Hazard will keep it basically simple in my option and that’s going to be run it at you and make you stop it. They will throw and are capable of it, when they have too.

I also see this similar to that matchup with Paintsville several weeks ago Pikeville had with them.

Many have complained about the officiating from two games at Hazard, but I want to point out these teams (Paintsville and Somerset) faced adversity not having there normal kids in the lineup and messing chemistry and mentally trying to get there heads back right. Somerset adjusted late in the game after Hazard muffed the punt late in the 3rd quarter, and Paintsville did as well after coming out after the lightening delay and stopping Hazard and going down and getting a score to bring the score down to 3 points. but they couldn’t get the stop they needed after getting the ball back and turning it over on downs to give the ball back to Hazard ( which hazard goes and scores a touchdown).

I’ve seen many games in our area where the officiating has been terrible or even non existent. Example I watched the Hazard and Pikeville game in 2016 at Pikeville, Hazard had 7 penalties at the half and Pikeville 0, I didn’t really keep track after that but I remember Hazard added a few more and Pikeville finished with 1 face mask penalty that game. Pikeville won that game 29-21. Pikeville had the game in control as well and Hazards comeback just came up short.

The 2018 game between Hazard and Pikeville had very few penalties and several missed calls both ways. I myself would rather see those flags thrown instead of seeing a missed call that gets a kid hurt in the game.

I was just giving examples on officiating. I’ve also seen and read many threads from here about people complaining on officiating at other places other than these two teams mentioned above. Paintsville fans complain about Raceland, Raceland complains about Paintsville. Pikeville complains about Paintsville, Paintsville complains about Hazard, and so on....( just using 1A teams for example).

But I can’t wait to watch this game. If anyone wants to meet up at the game and talk we surely can just let me know.

So is it Friday yet?

All I know is Racelands next offensive holding call when playing Paintsville will be their first since 2017. While Paintsville had 200+ yards in penalties with more of them actually being at home in the playoffs.

Again, just my biased opinion, but I think Paintsville would have beaten Hazard by 2 TDS if Paintsville had Hyden. Freshman QB threw 3 INTS with 1 being a pick 6. That’s why I feel Pikeville wins by 2/3 scores.
I'll say:

Pikeville - 28
Hazard - 14
It’s got quiet in here...
bac2369 Wrote:It’s got quiet in here...

Pikeville had a JV game tonight against Johnson central. Busy day for them
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Pikeville had a JV game tonight against Johnson central. Busy day for them

Were you there Spud6, I was too and it was a dandy. Pikeville has a chance to tie it up at the end but just came u short.
Patriot1 Wrote:Were you there Spud6, I was too and it was a dandy. Pikeville has a chance to tie it up at the end but just came u short.

No. Wife was and she said I missed a dandy. The boys that make the plays for JV is all that freshman class which is scary for others and exciting for a Panther fan.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pikeville 24
Hazard 13

Here are the Officials for Friday Night:
Greg Hall
Mike Eldridge
James Adams
Chad Bates and
Will Fugate
2000PHS Wrote:I am being honest in my assessment.

Paintsville was starting a freshman QB in his first career start and J. Allen went out early in the 1st quarter. With all of that Paintsville was in the game (down 4 points) in the 4th.

You get all bent out of shape because I say that Paintsville could possibly beat Pikeville at Pikeville like the two didn’t play already this year. I think it shocked some people on here that Paintsville could actually match Pikeville’s athleticism.

Now, back to this game, I feel Pikeville pulls away in the 2nd half. 21-7 at the half. 35-14 final.

Allen didn’t go down until late in the 2nd quarter literally a few plays before halftime.

I also hate to say this but he didn’t have much of an impact in his time on the field either. The Thompson kid impresses me more. Maybe he doesn’t have the physical attributes as much. But that kid gives you it all much like Collum at Pikeville.

This game hinges all on whether Hazard can shorten the game. If not, it is a long night for the Dawgs. If they can then we’re in for a special game.

Either way until proven otherwise Pikeville is the favorite and no betting man Hazard or elsewhere would be smart to pick against them.

Atmosphere should be electric. Hopeful Hazard fans show up. Crowds have been scarce this season.
A-Block Wrote:Allen didn’t go down until late in the 2nd quarter literally a few plays before halftime.

I also hate to say this but he didn’t have much of an impact in his time on the field either. The Thompson kid impresses me more. Maybe he doesn’t have the physical attributes as much. But that kid gives you it all much like Collum at Pikeville.

This game hinges all on whether Hazard can shorten the game. If not, it is a long night for the Dawgs. If they can then we’re in for a special game.

Either way until proven otherwise Pikeville is the favorite and no betting man Hazard or elsewhere would be smart to pick against them.

Atmosphere should be electric. Hopeful Hazard fans show up. Crowds have been scarce this season.

I hope fans show up too. It would be a shame for Hazard fans to not show up for a game like this and miss out on maybe something special with the Panthers coming to town.

I don't know what's going on in the mountains here lately but I've seen alot of empty seats about everywhere I've went to watch high school football games this year. Even on Pond Creek the crowds just dont seem to be the same. SMH!
PantherMaroon Wrote:Pikeville 24
Hazard 13

Here are the Officials for Friday Night:
Greg Hall
Mike Eldridge
James Adams
Chad Bates and
Will Fugate

If it is called fair I will be shocked. Hope I am wrong but Pikeville better be ready to play through "adversity"
jetpilot Wrote:If it is called fair I will be shocked. Hope I am wrong but Pikeville better be ready to play through "adversity"

Looks like you're leaving the door open for excuses in case Pikeville loses. I've never seen so much crying about officials before the game even starts. I sure hope Pikeville gets every call in this game so we don't have to listen to all this crying Saturday morning.
A-Block Wrote:Allen didn’t go down until late in the 2nd quarter literally a few plays before halftime.

Did it ever cross your mind that Allen was playing hurt and wanted to contribute but just didn’t have it physically? Ask Pikeville if Allen is force defensively when healthy.
2000PHS Wrote:Did it ever cross your mind that Allen was playing hurt and wanted to contribute but just didn’t have it physically? Ask Pikeville if Allen is force defensively when healthy.

If he was that banged up never should have played in that game. In reality in meant very little for Paintsville. To me though he looked fairly in good shape up until that point in the game Hazard just found a way to contain him. He’s a freak of an athlete, just hasn’t jumped out at me in the 2 games I’ve seen this year.

I was actually at that Pikeville game. Made some great plays shooting the gap and outside edge rush. But I will still say this, I walked away from that game really intrigued about Thompson and Hyden. Thompson does not get talked about enough IMHO. He kept Paintsville in that game defensively. Key TOLs and a pass deflection or two. Really good in coverage.
Easy Wind Wrote:Looks like you're leaving the door open for excuses in case Pikeville loses. I've never seen so much crying about officials before the game even starts. I sure hope Pikeville gets every call in this game so we don't have to listen to all this crying Saturday morning.

Me too EW! How much does that cost and I'll take up a collection!:devilflam
Seriously, always tough to win at Hazard.TongueirateSho
Hazard 24 Pikeville 20
This and the Somerset LCA game were the two toughest to pick from in the pick em's this week. Always hard to get a win at Hazard.
Comparing Pikeville versus Paintsville 5-6 games ago is pointless. I wouldn’t say they matched our athleticism, I would say EVERY single game our young QB is gaining confidence and being more efficient. IMO the playoffs will see a more evolved Panther squad. Mix that with the crazy good defense and you got a tough squad to beat.
Pikeville 28 Harvard 14
Here’s a stat for all you who think hazard gets unfair advantage due to refs.

In regular season, hazard is 0-16 at pikeville with pikeville refs.
In playoffs, hazard is 6-3 at pikeville with outside refs.

Just saying.....
Hambley Wrote:Comparing Pikeville versus Paintsville 5-6 games ago is pointless. I wouldn’t say they matched our athleticism, I would say EVERY single game our young QB is gaining confidence and being more efficient. IMO the playoffs will see a more evolved Panther squad. Mix that with the crazy good defense and you got a tough squad to beat.

I would say they matched up well with Pikeville. It’s kinda hard to play a 9-8 ball game and not match up well.

I will be very surprised if Pikeville isn’t in Lexington. They are very good and should be home throughout the playoffs unless this RPI just manifests a great injustice.
Easy Wind Wrote:Here’s a stat for all you who think hazard gets unfair advantage due to refs.

Just saying.....

*crickets*
Easy Wind Wrote:Here’s a stat for all you who think hazard gets unfair advantage due to refs.

Just saying.....

Great. Now do Pikeville at Hazard same way. It gets away from the point somewhat, which was people talking about the refs at Hazard. I’ve been to every Pikeville vs Hazard game (this will Be first one I miss) since 2005. I can tell you for a fact, that penalty disparity has probably not been anywhere close at Pikeville. I remember I think it was 2015 when the refs were calling a ton of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on Pikeville for jawing with Hazard players and I think they MAY have called two all game on Hazard. That was the worst one I saw. And how about the game at Pikeville when the Hazard player intentionally hurt Birchfields ankle? Was that 2017? I don’t think a penalty was called on that one.

The point is, tons of penalties were called AND missed in these games, but it just seems the disparity at Hazard is always much more glaring, regardless of who they play there. As for not having a win at Pikeville, I think several of those were flat out just getting beat. Football is a funny game. Love these rivalry trash talks on here, all in good fun
A-Block Wrote:If he was that banged up never should have played in that game. In reality in meant very little for Paintsville. To me though he looked fairly in good shape up until that point in the game Hazard just found a way to contain him. He’s a freak of an athlete, just hasn’t jumped out at me in the 2 games I’ve seen this year.

I was actually at that Pikeville game. Made some great plays shooting the gap and outside edge rush. But I will still say this, I walked away from that game really intrigued about Thompson and Hyden. Thompson does not get talked about enough IMHO. He kept Paintsville in that game defensively. Key TOLs and a pass deflection or two. Really good in coverage.

Allen lead the team in tackles that game 9 total, 8 solo.... Thompson had 4, 3 solo. Not sure what game you were watching ..... both players had good games