Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co 71 Christian Academy Louisville 28
Boyle has had a weak schedule so far. Next two weeks should give better idea of how good they are.
sstack Wrote:Boyle has had a weak schedule so far. Next two weeks should give better idea of how good they are.

I heard that before this week. If they make it through next week unscathed I expect to hear the same refrain.
Boyle could running clock the next two teams and people would say the same thing.

Credit is never given.
Hatz Wrote:I heard that before this week. If they make it through next week unscathed I expect to hear the same refrain.

If as good as you been saying they should not have much trouble with Highlands. Ok D but give up a lot of yards. on O they have good QB and ok RB’s but O line did not look good. Special teams look good.
Hatz Wrote:I heard that before this week. If they make it through next week unscathed I expect to hear the same refrain.

Win next two games and only an idiot wouldn’t give them credit!
sstack Wrote:If as good as you been saying they should not have much trouble with Highlands. Ok D but give up a lot of yards. on O they have good QB and ok RB’s but O line did not look good. Special teams look good.

CAL is pretty darn good, beating them by a couple touchdowns raises eyebrows, what Boyle did Friday night was a statement....
single shot Wrote:CAL is pretty darn good, beating them by a couple touchdowns raises eyebrows, what Boyle did Friday night was a statement....

Truth be told. CAL is not the same team from last year.....like I said before, losing Wright changed their team. But the Rebels are not the same team as last year either. The drive they have (fueled by 21-0) has them eager to show what they're made of.

CAL is still a damn good team. They are banged up a little bit but Boyle Co is on a different level and if you asked any team/staff we've played thus far, they would back that up.

Our defense is stoudt and plays pissed off. They hit hard and are nasty.

Our offense is really clicking and is very advanced for high school football. They are precise in their execution and don't beat themselves. Play makers all around, depth and speed to burn.

One thing that goes unmentioned is our special teams. PK/P is probably the best in the state. Lots of touchbacks or deep kicks (and on-side kicks). Return team is FAST and has three return TDs this year. Cover team has already created TO's and is aggressive.
The arrogance continues from northern Ky, if Boyle puts a running clock on Highlands they still want get no respect from stack.
FoSho Wrote:Truth be told. CAL is not the same team from last year.....like I said before, losing Wright changed their team. But the Rebels are not the same team as last year either. The drive they have (fueled by 21-0) has them eager to show what they're made of.

CAL is still a damn good team. They are banged up a little bit but Boyle Co is on a different level and if you asked any team/staff we've played thus far, they would back that up.

Our defense is stoudt and plays pissed off. They hit hard and are nasty.

Our offense is really clicking and is very advanced for high school football. They are precise in their execution and don't beat themselves. Play makers all around, depth and speed to burn.

One thing that goes unmentioned is our special teams. PK/P is probably the best in the state. Lots of touchbacks or deep kicks (and on-side kicks). Return team is FAST and has three return TDs this year. Cover team has already created TO's and is aggressive.

I told you in another post, different thread, that this group of seniors would come out with a different kind of mentality this year, only thing that surprised me was the score, I’d heard CAL was down from last year but that they’re still a very good team, Congrats on the win would love to see the Highlands game imo they could be the best team Boyle plays this year regardless of class, they gave Knoxville Catholic all they wanted....
sstack Wrote:If as good as you been saying they should not have much trouble with Highlands. Ok D but give up a lot of yards. on O they have good QB and ok RB’s but O line did not look good. Special teams look good.

I’m not the one boasting. I just find it interesting that same thought was going into this game.
Good news is that Boyle can prove their detractors wrong or right on the field. There won't be a lot of "what if" after the next few weeks.
Cal will compete for a 3A title and still in my opinion are still the favorite to win it, people forget or don’t know they returned 9 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense from a State Championship team. Cal has tremendous size with good backs and a effective quarterback. Boyle is just a different animal but don’t think Cal will not still be a very tough out this year in the playoffs.
single shot Wrote:I told you in another post, different thread, that this group of seniors would come out with a different kind of mentality this year, only thing that surprised me was the score, I’d heard CAL was down from last year but that they’re still a very good team, Congrats on the win would love to see the Highlands game imo they could be the best team Boyle plays this year regardless of class, they gave Knoxville Catholic all they wanted....

Cmon up buddy. 😎
FoSho Wrote:Cmon up buddy. 😎

Confusednicker: Be a long drive back home after a night of....enjoying football....
Football Scout Wrote:Cal will compete for a 3A title and still in my opinion are still the favorite to win it, people forget or don’t know they returned 9 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense from a State Championship team. Cal has tremendous size with good backs and a effective quarterback. Boyle is just a different animal but don’t think Cal will not still be a very tough out this year in the playoffs.

I have no doubts that CAL will compete but I don't know about them being the favorites, if Belfry can stay healthy I've thought they were the favorites since the beginning of the season regardless its why they play the games....
Jack Lambert Wrote:The arrogance continues from northern Ky, if Boyle puts a running clock on Highlands they still want get no respect from stack.

Jack Lambert, I love your posts. You do a good job and I don't disagree with you posted here, but for someone from Boyle County to talk about another fan base being arrogant is almost too much.

Confusednicker:
Jack Lambert Wrote:The arrogance continues from northern Ky, if Boyle puts a running clock on Highlands they still want get no respect from stack.

Are you calling me arrogant? I stated Highlands is not great and has areas of concern. Never stated Highlands will win. The arrogance is Boyle fans saying they are going to running clock everyone this year. Boyle May do that, but they or CAL have not played anybody yet to judge just how good they are at this point in the season. So you smashed a 3A team who many are saying are down, let’s see what happens next two weeks against Highlands and LexCath.
Westside Wrote:Jack Lambert, I love your posts. You do a good job and I don't disagree with you posted here, but for someone from Boyle County to talk about another fan base being arrogant is almost too much.

Confusednicker:

Arrogant? Confident?

Hard to distinguish which on a message board.
Not too hard for me......
BobcatPride05 Wrote:Boyle Co is the best team in the state in all classes. I firmly believe they would win in any class they play in 1a-6a. Also thank God they ran from CAL and Desales😂 Goodluck to the rest of 4a

Since your so resolute in your thinking. Can you provide me the winning lottery number this weekend? Is Boyle good? Absolutely! Are they a great team? Again, I'd say yes. Are they Trinity, and Male good? They are a different animal. It was a great win over CAL. But those of us in the know, have been saying this isn't CAL from last year, or the year before. They may absolutely play DeSales close. It is a rivalry game. But just because you put 71 up on CAL don't automatically award them with the best in the state tag. Again, Trinity, or Male would woodshed them.
sstack Wrote:Are you calling me arrogant? I stated Highlands is not great and has areas of concern. Never stated Highlands will win. The arrogance is Boyle fans saying they are going to running clock everyone this year. Boyle May do that, but they or CAL have not played anybody yet to judge just how good they are at this point in the season. So you smashed a 3A team who many are saying are down, let’s see what happens next two weeks against Highlands and LexCath.

Not necessarily from this thread but I remember your posts from several years ago when Boyle and Highlands were playing each other I put you on my ignore list because of your lack of respect for Boyle, now you know why I posted what I did, I haven’t forgot.
ColtPride Wrote:Since your so resolute in your thinking. Can you provide me the winning lottery number this weekend? Is Boyle good? Absolutely! Are they a great team? Again, I'd say yes. Are they Trinity, and Male good? They are a different animal. It was a great win over CAL. But those of us in the know, have been saying this isn't CAL from last year, or the year before. They may absolutely play DeSales close. It is a rivalry game. But just because you put 71 up on CAL don't automatically award them with the best in the state tag. Again, Trinity, or Male would woodshed them.

No. They wouldn't. Don't automatically award T & H with the best in the state tag. You don't know any better than any of us. Quit acting like you do.

I am "in the know" and I wouldn't dare just automatically count the Rebels out of the discussion just yet.
Westside Wrote:Jack Lambert, I love your posts. You do a good job and I don't disagree with you posted here, but for someone from Boyle County to talk about another fan base being arrogant is almost too much.

Confusednicker:

You shouldn’t stereotype a whole fan base because of one or two loose nuts.😁
FoSho Wrote:Arrogant? Confident?

Hard to distinguish which on a message board.

No, last year I heard the same stuff about how great Boyle County was and when they had a close game it was because the field was wet. When they got beat, it was because everyone on Boyle County's team was hurt. Some people from Boyle County have a hard time believing they're other teams out there better than them. Congrats on the win.
Did I ever tell anyone about the time we beat this Boyle county team by 3 TDs in the 6th grade?
This must have been the high point of both your career and your life. Surely you have been on a down hill spiral from that moment on. I am happy the this team means as much to you as it does for the rest of us. This past achievement surely qualifies you to be a leader amongst men and a legend in your own mind.
smoke1015 Wrote:Did I ever tell anyone about the time we beat this Boyle county team by 3 TDs in the 6th grade?

smoke1015 Wrote:Did I ever mention the time we beat this same Boyle county team in elementary school by like 4 touchdowns? It may have slipped my mind. 2-1 vs Boyle.

Sounding like fake news. You must suffer from Rebel Derangement Syndrome.
smoke1015 Wrote:Did I ever tell anyone about the time we beat this Boyle county team by 3 TDs in the 6th grade?

For the love of god not again...