Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 9 Paintsville 8
64SUR Wrote:Tonight I jump off the Pikeville bandwagon. Oh yeah Williamsburg is coming boys. :wieghts::wieghts::wieghts::wieghts: Congratulations too both teams deserve to be be #1 and #2 in 1A

Williamsburg can play with either one of these cupcakes.
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg can play with either one of these cupcakes.

Who
Hambley Smokin that medical after the game... If Pikeville had last years QB I would agree with your statement, but coach's son no where near QB as last years so were evenly matched teams!!!
Definately not blaming officials for the loss, but why do they send middle school officials for a game like this?
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:These 2 teams were as evenly matched on both sides as I’ve seen since probably the first meeting in 2015. I would really enjoy seeing these two meet in Lexington and represent the Mountains strong! Not sure who #28 is for the Panthers but seemed like a Classy young man! Start of the 4th he was telling both sides to “Get Up”. You could tell win lose or draw he was enjoying every ounce of this battle! Congrats Pikeville on a Hard fought victory!

Williamsburg is gonna represent the mountains strong.
Hambley Wrote:Pikeville is three TD’s better then what they showed tonight. Pikeville player terrible, got NO calls, and offense was awful. Glad to get a win but i think both teams didn’t show their best stuff, I guess nerves played a part. I feel great about Pikeville’s defense and their leadership from the seniors. On to next week...
What does better then mean?
Every year we here this same s--t out of u pjdoug, but u never back it up
I thought it would be a close one.

Congrats to both teams...this game will happen again.
TigerBlues Wrote:Congrats on the upset win :lame:
Confusednicker:
Budsqueezer Wrote:Definately not blaming officials for the loss, but why do they send middle school officials for a game like this?

Pikeville always has that crew or another. It’s either Jimmy Cecil’s crew or Keith Henry’s crew. Idk how it works out like that but that’s the two crews you get. And I’m pretty sure Pikeville gets to pick their referees at the beginning of the season. Not sure on that so don’t quote me or jump my throat.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Budsqueezer Wrote:Hambley Smokin that medical after the game... If Pikeville had last years QB I would agree with your statement, but coach's son no where near QB as last years so were evenly matched teams!!!

They literally tried to screen us to death and he struggled completing those throws. He may be a stud one day but he’s far from it now.
KYHSFB Wrote:Excited to watch this rematch in Lexington
Don't get too excited because it won't happen Smile
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Who

You'll know who when you see them play.
Bud, are you serious?!? Those middle school officials did EVERYTHING they could to give the tigers the win!! What game were you watching? Chain gang refusing to stretch chains, a roughing the kicker that doesn’t exist on a block, among the game of a thousand holds!! 😂😂
Budsqueezer Wrote:Every year we here this same s--t out of u pjdoug, but u never back it up

I could never match your great accomplishments of winning state titles.
Congratulations to Pikeville but congratulations to Paintsville the only thing Pikeville won on was the score board. I am a Pikeville fan and I know I am going to make some mad. Paintsville whip Pikeville’s butt all night on the line of scrimmage. I do disagree with the poster who said #22 was the best player on the field. #28 tonight was by far the best player on the field and if you don’t think so you better take the blue tint glasses off. Now like I said I am a Pikeville fan but I will not sit here and right something I didn’t see tonight. Pikeville offensively has a lot of work to do but you have to get credit where credit is do Paintsville out played Pikeville. Paintsville offensive is just as bad and Pikeville’s defense did make plays when they had too. But to be honest an old man like me knew what Paintsville was going to do. So if a idiot like me knows everyone should have known. Good game to watch but very disappointing in a lot of ways. All I can tell you both teams has a lot to work on. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
jet hasn’t had a heart attack has he? Someone check on him!!!
Spud6 Wrote:Pikeville always has that crew or another. It’s either Jimmy Cecil’s crew or Keith Henry’s crew. Idk how it works out like that but that’s the two crews you get. And I’m pretty sure Pikeville gets to pick their referees at the beginning of the season. Not sure on that so don’t quote me or jump my throat.
It could’ve been much worse. We could have had Lurch Burton, the Hall brothers (Snake Eyes Mike and Herman Munster Shawn). I didn’t think the officiating was all that bad.
PHS95 Wrote:Bud, are you serious?!? Those middle school officials did EVERYTHING they could to give the tigers the win!! What game were you watching? Chain gang refusing to stretch chains, a roughing the kicker that doesn’t exist on a block, among the game of a thousand holds!! 😂😂

Come on, we’ve had a very good game thread for this one so far! 2 of the best 1A programs in the state battled it out tonight! This one had bad calls both ways but show me a Friday night High school football game that doesn’t!
PHS95 Wrote:Bud, are you serious?!? Those middle school officials did EVERYTHING they could to give the tigers the win!! What game were you watching? Chain gang refusing to stretch chains, a roughing the kicker that doesn’t exist on a block, among the game of a thousand holds!! 😂😂

Jimmy Cecil fixes that chain issue and called it right. He missed the roughing the kicker call big time. I’ll give you that but to sit here and say those refs tried to give it to Paintsville is just downright crazy to me and I am a Pikeville fan by association with a family member on the team.

Pikeville stunk tonight on offense and the kicker and incredible defense won them the game. That’s the first time Issac has saw zone defense in his career I’d say so Mac will get him in the film room and help him get it straightened out.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Jimmy Cecil fixes that chain issue and called it right. He missed the roughing the kicker call big time. I’ll give you that but to sit here and say those refs tried to give it to Paintsville is just downright crazy to me and I am a Pikeville fan by association with a family member on the team.

Pikeville stunk tonight on offense and the kicker and incredible defense won them the game. That’s the first time Issac has saw zone defense in his career I’d say so Mac will get him in the film room and help him get it straightened out.

Spud6 I agree with almost all you said but the players called the refs attention to the chains and then they straightened it out but no means do I think they did it on purpose.
Patriot1 Wrote:Spud6 I agree with almost all you said but the players called the refs attention to the chains and then they straightened it out but no means do I think they did it on purpose.

I still think Jimmy fixes that problem because the one ref called it a first but his opinion doesn't mean anything only the white hats. No way do I think Jimmy lets that go without him being the overseer and making his own mind up.
#BBFL
Does Jimmy Cecil work @ Pikeville Medical Center?
We need to get us a white hat that works @ Paul B Hall
Spud6 Wrote:I still think Jimmy fixes that problem because the one ref called it a first but his opinion doesn't mean anything only the white hats. No way do I think Jimmy lets that go without him being the overseer and making his own mind up.

Now I am not trying to be disrespectful but two Pikeville players (1 in which was #33 and can’t remember the other one)called the refs attention to it then they pulled the chains back out and changed the call. Like I said I in no means think the refs done it on purpose
I don’t think it was so much bad offense as it was great defense being played by both teams. This was like an Old School Hillard Howard vs Walter Brugh slugfest! This goes to show that you don’t need a 49-42 shootout to have a great football game!
Congrats Pikevile
Patriot1 Wrote:Now I am not trying to be disrespectful but two Pikeville players (1 in which was #33 and can’t remember the other one)called the refs attention to it then they pulled the chains back out and changed the call. Like I said I in no means think the refs done it on purpose

The REFEREES are supposed to take control of the sticks on a measurement, from the sideline. That failed to happen, so in turn, you got half drunk Paintsville fans on the field running the chains that can determine the outcome of the game.
I think the game came down to the missed field goal,
Than paintsville goes for it on 4 down
In stead of trying another field go
Pikeville defense held tuff,
Huge crowd good game just make both teams better,
Don’t know about JP having a heart attack but I sure did. Great win by my Panthers! Sophomore QB in his first real big atmosphere game, several mistakes, facing high level competition in a playoff atmosphere, he will be fine. Mingo Central was no test, was just a warmup because they didn’t have a real pass rush, their secondary was Mighty Mouse sized, etc. Got some people too high because of it, this was a good game for him to have. He’s a great kid, dad is a great HC, and will get it all lined out.

Two best 1A teams went at it tonight, plain and simple. You Williamsburg posters on here can crow all you want, but until you actually win something significant no one will take you serious. Congratulations on a great game, Paintsville. Tip of the hat to you.

Now it’s on to the next one for Pikeville. Raceland next and that will be a battle again. Good luck to Paintsville, I’m sure we will see y’all again down the road.