Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 07
Personally, in my mind drew abrams will be the standout for the Russell Red Devil's. Pretty much like Kasey Clark was last year.
RedDevilRB Wrote:Personally, in my mind drew abrams will be the standout for the Russell Red Devil's. Pretty much like Kasey Clark was last year.

so i guessing this is drew or a relative??

come on everyone knows jones runs the show here
Any updates on how practice has gone thus far. Who is standing out? Any surprises? What kind of numbers are out?
id say were looking decent right now cant tell you ne thing about the backfield i dont really watch them our d line looks good as well as the backers.........our o line is looking good i think that one guard should be replaced with another....lol
I'm not worried because I know there is plenty of talent in the backfield and along the line. My main concern is attitude. I get the feeling there is a little complacency right now. Attitude and work ethic got the last two Russell teams to the state championship game. I wonder if this years edition is as dedicated to working together or do they just expect teams to roll over because they are Russell? Nothing worse for a team then a bad case of the big head.
russelldevils54 Wrote:id say were looking decent right now cant tell you ne thing about the backfield i dont really watch them our d line looks good as well as the backers.........our o line is looking good i think that one guard should be replaced with another....lol

haha i wonder who that might be??
FBALL Wrote:I'm not worried because I know there is plenty of talent in the backfield and along the line. My main concern is attitude. I get the feeling there is a little complacency right now. Attitude and work ethic got the last two Russell teams to the state championship game. I wonder if this years edition is as dedicated to working together or do they just expect teams to roll over because they are Russell? Nothing worse for a team then a bad case of the big head.

This year is different because Russell has no outstanding running back but we have a Dandy quarterback who doesnt care to put you in your place... over the past couple days of practice i've been able to tell that we are working as a team and, in order to win and get back to state we are going to have to come together and work. No one or two people is going to be carrying us this year, its going to be a team effort that im possitive will be there.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:This year is different because Russell has no outstanding running back but we have a Dandy quarterback who doesnt care to put you in your place... over the past couple days of practice i've been able to tell that we are working as a team and, in order to win and get back to state we are going to half to come together and work. No one or two people is going to be carrying us this year, its going to be a team effort that im possitive will be there.
Sounds good RedDevil _TE! Keep giving us good inside updates and you yourself stand up and be a leader. Don't make Tyler have to do it all. No regrets Red Devil No Regrets!:devilflam Like I said earlier, "We Belive" in you guys! Now all you have to do is get after it and believe in yourselves!:Thumbs:
RedDevil_TE Wrote:This year is different because Russell has no outstanding running back but we have a Dandy quarterback who doesnt care to put you in your place... over the past couple days of practice i've been able to tell that we are working as a team and, in order to win and get back to state we are going to have to come together and work. No one or two people is going to be carrying us this year, its going to be a team effort that im possitive will be there.
That quarterback is a pretty good runner too.

Don't relish past accomplishments. Strive to do better.

I think this team has the potential to get back to Louisville. Just don't expect it to be easy.
russelldevils54 Wrote:id say were looking decent right now cant tell you ne thing about the backfield i dont really watch them our d line looks good as well as the backers.........our o line is looking good i think that one guard should be replaced with another....lol
personally i think we only have one good guard..and that is adam foster...and the other spot is up for grabs
I can not wait for the season to start.................
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I can not wait for the season to start.................

ohh god me either:devilflam
i dont know about you all but i want ashland and raceland
russelldevils54 Wrote:i dont know about you all but i want ashland and raceland

i want all the games but those 2 will be my favorite!!!:ChairHit:
haha yah of course... i hate go say it but im really really want raceland....more than ashland but dont get me wrong the same effort will be put into all the games. lol
I had to hear it at Church this past weekend how the Raceland Rams are gonna beat Russell because Raceland beat Ashland last year and Ashland beat Russell....... There was no argueing the point with these guys... Could not even get a word in on the subject...I just looked and laughed at them..
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I had to hear it at Church this past weekend how the Raceland Rams are gonna beat Russell because Raceland beat Ashland last year and Ashland beat Russell....... There was no argueing the point with these guys... Could not even get a word in on the subject...I just looked and laughed at them..

yeah ok........seriously that must be a joke cause im Lmao
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I had to hear it at Church this past weekend how the Raceland Rams are gonna beat Russell because Raceland beat Ashland last year and Ashland beat Russell....... There was no argueing the point with these guys... Could not even get a word in on the subject...I just looked and laughed at them..

haha that is funny.. and what else i think is funny is that in the past yrs they always said "if we played russell we would kill them" well this yr they get there chance and they say they are gonna suck? haha i think thats funny
does ne one know where kasey is goin to college????
bluegrassballa Wrote:does ne one know where kasey is goin to college????

Murray State
Midee1 Wrote:Murray State
i thought he had a scholarship to illinois???
bluegrassballa Wrote:i thought he had a scholarship to illinois???

No, illinois never even offered him anything, hes going to murry state
He will play his last high school football game on the V'ille field and will play hid first college game on the V'ille field. How sweet is that.
Honestly I think Russell will have to do alot of hard work this season. Much harder than previous years b/c im not trying to stab anyone here but now they dont have the shadows to hide behind anymore of last years starters. ive talked to a few people who have spoke with some players and they aare already worried about simon-kenton. Why? theyre just a football team. youve got to take this one week at a time. and as for state, get it out of your head for now, you cant focus all your attention to it yet. just b/c we had a few good seasons doesnt mean that we will be going every year until the world is no longer existing. i do wish the best to the guys tho this year and i hope they have a great run
And we all realize that only half of us are going to get to see the Russell V Raceland game becasue only half of us will fit in their stadium. LOL Sad but True, Alot of people standing around the fence! Alot!!!
this years team has a lot of determination..
now we have no Kasey Clarke to rely on we have to work together (like everyone has already said). I dont think a "Big Head" will be to much of a problem.. i hope not anyways
Reddevil07 Wrote:Honestly I think Russell will have to do alot of hard work this season. Much harder than previous years b/c im not trying to stab anyone here but now they dont have the shadows to hide behind anymore of last years starters. ive talked to a few people who have spoke with some players and they aare already worried about simon-kenton. Why? theyre just a football team. youve got to take this one week at a time. and as for state, get it out of your head for now, you cant focus all your attention to it yet. just b/c we had a few good seasons doesnt mean that we will be going every year until the world is no longer existing. i do wish the best to the guys tho this year and i hope they have a great run

Well who ever reddevil07 is sounds like someone who has played on the team recentley or loves kasey clark because doesnt sound like you have much faith or are much of a fan. sounds like your trying to say that rusell cannot fill the footspets this year.
i think we will do more that just fill the footprints
RedDevilRB Wrote:as of now for the starting line-up (this could change) but as of now

offense
TE-greg bender
LT-Travis Comptson
Guard-Evan Boyd
Center- Toby Hicks
Guard Adam Foster
RT-Drew Miller
Split end- justin mitchell
QB-Tyler Jones
HB Drew Abrams
HB David Bailey
Fullback Will rice

Defense
DE-Tyler jones
DT-mikey dillon
Nose- Johnathon Cornwell
DT Mickey Brown
DE- Adam foster
Lineback evan boyd
Linebacker Joey Roark
Corner David bailey
Corner AJ Cordle
Strong Saftey Drew Abrams
Free Saftey Derek fosson

I've heard something about taking Jones and putting him at lb with boyd and moving mickey to end...that might not be too bad
Reddevil07 Wrote:I've heard something about taking Jones and putting him at lb with boyd and moving mickey to end...that might not be too bad

A lot of changes will probably be made to both sides of the ball..
on O i think jones will more than likely see the running back spot and AJ will more than likely see the QB spot. IMO i think that would be a great move.. if anyone saw the maroon and white game last night, jones got a shot at HB and showed his stuff will a simple run.. looked great..
on D jones at linebacker would be a good move too, DE is a tough spot but i think we have ppl to fill that in if jones moves to LB. To say who would fill the DE spot.. i couldnt tell you.. but i think we have the tallent to do so.
Our lineup will change a lot..