Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 72 Great Crossing 7
Woodsman Wrote:Doesn’t matter. It happened. I don’t really care if you believe me.
I doubt it happened and everybody else does too Smile
Woodsman Wrote:I think state championships are completely irrelevant. My high school coach has 4 more championships than McKee and he most certainly would never put a starter in a game while up 60+ points....for like a gazillion reasons and I’m sure would know most of them.

Karma has a weird way of coming around eventually. Just saying.

You need some tissues for your issues. just saying. Your coach has more championships because he was coaching figure skating.
pjdoug Wrote:I doubt it happened and everybody else does too Smile

Like I said, I don’t really care.
pjdoug Wrote:You need some tissues for your issues. just saying. Your coach has more championships because he was coaching figure skating.

Cute scooter. You are precious
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Lol- when have you ever rooted for any team other than Boyle? Maybe I missed that one, if I was the head coach I would have fought to and so would you. Don't you think if Boyle was to split that Coach Smith wouldn't be against it? Come on brother sure you would.

Our county is already split brainiac. 🙄
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:No that is a fact. That his rule no matter what score is starters play 1st series of 2nd half, Coach Rains had no problem with It plus he gave McKee his first Coaching job matter of fact that s who he got that rule from I think. Bob Beatty at Trinity staters play until start of 4th Quarter no matter what. Welp McKee, Rains, Beatty all have State Titles. Now you no better than that last sentence if you want to talk about a childish statement. That's just wishful thinking

Boyle Co - 36
Iroquois - 0

This is how you manage a game vs an outmatched team.

Starters out with 6:30 left in the 1st and a running clock at 29-0. Last three qtrs played by JV and under a running clock (8 min qtrs).

Not by beating a team 72-7. Just saying. Scott Co gunna Scott Co.

Iroquois kids played hard and didn't give up.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co - 36
Iroquois - 0

This is how you manage a game vs an outmatched team.

Starters out with 6:30 left in the 1st and a running clock at 29-0. Last three qtrs played by JV and under a running clock (8 min qtrs).

Not by beating a team 72-7. Just saying. Scott Co gunna Scott Co.

Iroquois kids played hard and didn't give up.

Coach smith should be commended. His first team took care of business early which allowed the reserves to gain more in game experience. I also heard Boyle shrank the playbook. Let’s be honest, Boyle nor Iroquois remotely benefited from this matchup. Just getting out without injury is the main objective. Nothing good comes from playing starters when the game is decisively in hand. Nothing.
Ming the Mercyless is onimpotent
anyone shocked by this is silly!
(I did not attend this game)
However, to my understanding. If Scott Co. played their JV kids in the 2nd half then they did all they could do. You can’t hold back young kids trying to fight to catch the coaches eye to possibly find a starting role or a future position on the team by playing hard in a real live game. Coach’s can substitute their JV in and hold back the reigns as much as they can but at the end of the day if the JV is whooping your A$$ then that’s all to be said. Not the coach’s fault for letting younger or more inexperienced kids play. Can’t hand the other team the ball and restart at the opposite 20 every possession. JMO.
No matter how you look at it, this is a little extreme, IMO. That's all I'll say about it. I understand that you cant hardly do much else except put the JV in, but this definitely is not a good look for Scott County regardless.
#55PirateFan Wrote:No matter how you look at it, this is a little extreme, IMO. That's all I'll say about it. I understand that you cant hardly do much else except put the JV in, but this definitely is not a good look for Scott County regardless.
I understand that, and I agree it don’t look good on their “sportsmanship” but no one can help if the JV is still putting up points with a running clock. Hats off to the JV kids.
Footballdude1953 Wrote:I understand that, and I agree it don’t look good on their “sportsmanship” but no one can help if the JV is still putting up points with a running clock. Hats off to the JV kids.

Jv didn’t play until over half way in the third. They were up 60+ points with starters still in the game. Rather than list all the reasons why that is silly....I’ll just ask why it’s not? Why on earth would you continue to play a starter well into the third quarter, with a running clock, when you are up 60 points? I can’t possibly rationalize a scenario where that would make a minuscule amount of sense.
Woodsman Wrote:Jv didn’t play until over half way in the third. They were up 60+ points with starters still in the game. Rather than list all the reasons that why that is silly....I’ll just ask why? Why on earth would you continue to play a starter well into the third quarter, with a running clock, when you are up 60 points? I can’t possibly rationalize a scenario where that would make a minuscule amount of sense.

If these first two sentences are true....then the Scott Co Staff showed a lack of sportsmanship and THEY DESERVE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF BACKLASH COMING THEIR WAY.

Pathetic.
Guess chappel made the right decision to stay home
Woodsman Wrote:I think state championships are completely irrelevant. My high school coach has 4 more championships than McKee and he most certainly would never put a starter in a game while up 60+ points....for like a gazillion reasons and I’m sure would know most of them.

Karma has a weird way of coming around eventually. Just saying.

This is laughable my coach wouldn't keep starters in a game ...so i guess your coach is a becon of moral high ground Beatty at Trinity does the same thing seems like you just want to push a issue with no facts

They did it ...i know but you don't have to believe me. C'mon man
Guys if you're we'rent at the game and you don't like Scott County I Can understand where you are coming from, but If you where at the game you would really understand. Great Crossing is that bad more than Scott running up the score. More and more Great Crossing plays you will understand that a lot of teams are going to get accused of running the score up. THEY ARE THAT BAD. To put in perspective Iroquios would put a running clock on them. All kids and coaches all hugged after the game. They play Notth Bullitt Friday, there Coach will get accused of running it up also.
Corbin and Belfry are also well known for running up the score on the little guys.
I did see a 48 - 8 against Sheldon Clark, but nothing like that. Belfry's coach is a class act. Corbin don't have too many cup cakes on their schedule. They did have a 50 - 0 against McCreary Cent last year. I do agree sometimes teams do all they can do and still score a bunch of points.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Corbin and Belfry are also well known for running up the score on the little guys.

The score was very lopsided for sure. I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on it. Not to get off topic but as far as Befry running up scores, nothing could be farther from the truth. I could list a few examples of Coach Haywood trying to hold the score down. Sometimes there isn't much a coach can do.
I agree. Coach Hayward is a classy guy. I am not a Belfry fan but glad Coach Hayward has played in 12 State Finals and won 6 of them.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Running it up or not, why schedule this game? Scott County is one of the better football programs in the state and it won't be easy to get the "football players" over to the new school for years whether they live within' the GC district or not.

These two teams compete in the same 5A district, so they have to schedule on another. They received special permission to play one another in the season opener rather than during the normal established district matchup period in September & October.
I don’t think the Scott county vs crossing final score is the result of “running it up.” It’s the result of jeopardizing players in order for a very eccentric and narcissistic coach to soothe his fragile ego
^ Why are you little girls still whining about this?
^hey there little buddy. Please at least try and be humorous next time. I expect more. Be better. Try harder. Sweet dreams.
Read the Georgetown News-times, you guys are more upset than Coach Rains, lol. He had zero problems with it. Scott 2nd Dline was in on the 3rd series of the game and the offense ran straight dive plays. Not sure why Im still commenting on this really. It's just to funny some of you guys are more upset than the Coach, players or people at the game and by the way GC started about 5 seniors and a couple of Juniors. I guess haters going to hate no matter what. FYI- Scott Sophomore group is better than a lot of teams Varsity, so the are going to score a lot of points this year no matter who is in the game. Good luck to all teams Friday.
Woodsman Wrote:^hey there little buddy. Please at least try and be humorous next time. I expect more. Be better. Try harder. Sweet dreams.

I'm sure you woke up whining after crying your self to sleep.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Read the Georgetown News-times, you guys are more upset than Coach Rains, lol. He had zero problems with it. Scott 2nd Dline was in on the 3rd series of the game and the offense ran straight dive plays. Not sure why Im still commenting on this really. It's just to funny some of you guys are more upset than the Coach, players or people at the game and by the way GC started about 5 seniors and a couple of Juniors. I guess haters going to hate no matter what. FYI- Scott Sophomore group is better than a lot of teams Varsity, so the are going to score a lot of points this year no matter who is in the game. Good luck to all teams Friday.

I knew Coach Rains wouldn't be upset. That's why it doesn't make sense that some continue to cry about it weeks later. As Andy Griffith would say... They are jealous is what they are.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Read the Georgetown News-times, you guys are more upset than Coach Rains, lol. He had zero problems with it. Scott 2nd Dline was in on the 3rd series of the game and the offense ran straight dive plays. Not sure why Im still commenting on this really. It's just to funny some of you guys are more upset than the Coach, players or people at the game and by the way GC started about 5 seniors and a couple of Juniors. I guess haters going to hate no matter what. FYI- Scott Sophomore group is better than a lot of teams Varsity, so the are going to score a lot of points this year no matter who is in the game. Good luck to all teams Friday.

I have cousins besides McKee in Georgetown by the way. lol
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Corbin and Belfry are also well known for running up the score on the little guys.

Regarding Belfry.....that is an absolute falsehood. You need not speak about things you know nothing about. :please: