Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Wins PC Team Camp Tourney!
You can talk about teams being tired and competition being weak and summers being long and players being out ...but the one thing that I am getting out of this thread is that Pikeville is doing what their supose to do in order to catch SV. Now, the big question is if SV is doing what they are suppose to do in order to stay ahead of Pikeville. I wouldn't think skipping a tourney where that SV knew they would play Pikeville would be a good idea. I am sure Pikeville gained a lot of confidence from the PC team camp especially when SV took their ball and went home!!
bball fan Wrote:You can talk about teams being tired and competition being weak and summers being long and players being out ...but the one thing that I am getting out of this thread is that Pikeville is doing what their supose to do in order to catch SV. Now, the big question is if SV is doing what they are suppose to do in order to stay ahead of Pikeville. I wouldn't think skipping a tourney where that SV knew they would play Pikeville would be a good idea. I am sure Pikeville gained a lot of confidence from the PC team camp especially when SV took their ball and went home!!

I think SV will get more than enough experience to beat Pikeville with when they get back from their Christmas tournament in New York.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I think SV will get more than enough experience to beat Pikeville with when they get back from their Christmas tournament in New York.

Let me quess.......they're scheduled to play the Knicks!!!!!:eek:
LOL, why sure.
Always looking for the CUPCAKE..... LOL Smile
UNtil Pikeville beats THIS SV team, I wouldn't be trash talking so much...might want to get it done on the court first.
Well, people can talk about whoever they want on here, that is the beauty of it all. But I am having a hard time understanding why no one has mentioned the 2 point win over Tates Creek at the Transy camp? Or is that considered a nobody team? As far as the whole Shelby Valley/Pikeville parts of the thread, yes Shelby Valley beat Pikeville twice last year. The last game being the finals of the regional tourney. Two or three years ago if it was said, whoever said it would be the laughing stock of the 15th region. At the finals, Shelby Valley had a 3 point lead with 90 seconds left in the game, and they won by I believe 7. I am sorry, but that isnt a dominate performance. That could be one shot falling in for Pikeville or one shot not falling for SV. Dont get me wrong, I will still have Shelby Valley as the number 1 team in the region next year. I am just saying they dont have a lock on going back to Rupp. They are going to have to earn that trip again like they did last year.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Well, people can talk about whoever they want on here, that is the beauty of it all. But I am having a hard time understanding why no one has mentioned the 2 point win over Tates Creek at the Transy camp? Or is that considered a nobody team? As far as the whole Shelby Valley/Pikeville parts of the thread, yes Shelby Valley beat Pikeville twice last year. The last game being the finals of the regional tourney. Two or three years ago if it was said, whoever said it would be the laughing stock of the 15th region. At the finals, Shelby Valley had a 3 point lead with 90 seconds left in the game, and they won by I believe 7. I am sorry, but that isnt a dominate performance. That could be one shot falling in for Pikeville or one shot not falling for SV. Dont get me wrong, I will still have Shelby Valley as the number 1 team in the region next year. I am just saying they dont have a lock on going back to Rupp. They are going to have to earn that trip again like they did last year.

No, 4 times.

Of course they don't, you all went and got a 6'8 guy to beat us with.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:UNtil Pikeville beats THIS SV team, I wouldn't be trash talking so much...might want to get it done on the court first.
you need to lighten up Fox we are just trying to have some fun in the sun its a long time till march
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:No, 4 times.

Of course they don't, you all went and got a 6'8 guy to beat us with.
First of all there is no indication that he is even coming. And second no went out and found him. Even If he comes It doesn't gurantee Pikeville anything. They still have to go out and play smart to win. And for some earlier post about Harmon, they are letting him have a little bit of time off. He plays 3 sports and has a job, so he doesn't have a lot of time to rest. And Ted will also be added to the team after missing last year due to injury.
The coach may have given Harmon "a few days off" but why is he then asking people if they have seen him and why he is not there with them. I do believe that he deserves some time off. Heck it's not even basketball season so what does it matter.
Pikeville is going to be one heck of a team this season, with the new kid or with out him. They are young but are very expericened just like Shelby Valley. I think Coach Willams is doing a great job at Pikeville and has really turned this team around. He walked into a struggling program and really deserved this chance long b-4 it was given to him. The thing that really seperates Valley and P-ville is the fact all of Valley's kids have played against the players up state in the AAU tournys and such. William on the other hand has some great help in the AAU programs by Clevengers father who takes many of these kids else where to play rather than in EKY. He is the one who formed players such as Clevenger, Brad Lowe and Jamie Case. So w/ that said I would look out for this team I did not see them making the regional champ last year. But, wow what a scare they gave Valley keep your eyes open b/c this region is still wide open.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:No, 4 times.
How many times has Valley beaten Pikeville this season? Dont try to live in the past. I am not saying that Pikeville will beat Valley. Just the same as I am not saying Valley will beat Pikeville. I think it will go down between those two teams for the regions again this year and the one that has the best game for that hour on that night will win.

ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Of course they don't, you all went and got a 6'8 guy to beat us with.
Pikeville didnt go out and get him. His mom applied for a job online, she got called in for a interview and he came to. He isnt for sure coming here. He might not. But if he did Pikeville had to go get someone to beat Valley. So the same could be said that if he moves into the SV school district, that Valley had to get someone to make sure they stay ahead? Or would Valley just say they already have their team and not even let him try out?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How many times has Valley beaten Pikeville this season? Dont try to live in the past. I am not saying that Pikeville will beat Valley. Just the same as I am not saying Valley will beat Pikeville. I think it will go down between those two teams for the regions again this year and the one that has the best game for that hour on that night will win.

Pikeville didnt go out and get him. His mom applied for a job online, she got called in for a interview and he came to. He isnt for sure coming here. He might not. But if he did Pikeville had to go get someone to beat Valley. So the same could be said that if he moves into the SV school district, that Valley had to get someone to make sure they stay ahead? Or would Valley just say they already have their team and not even let him try out?

No way in the world Valley could do this. We would get blamed for recruiting and our basketball program would probably be shut down, but then all our people would go to Pikeville and you all would be happy again.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How many times has Valley beaten Pikeville this season? Dont try to live in the past. I am not saying that Pikeville will beat Valley. Just the same as I am not saying Valley will beat Pikeville. I think it will go down between those two teams for the regions again this year and the one that has the best game for that hour on that night will win.

Hey man, he was only correcting your earlier comment that Valley had beaten Pikeville 2 times last year, when in fact it was 4. Don't throw him under the bus for that. Big Grin

Anyway, I think those two teams will play some great games this year. Valley only lost some reserves, while Pikeville only lost 1 starter, so each team should be even better than last year. I agree that last year's results don't mean a thing when it comes to predicting who will win this year, but neither do I think the fact that Pikeville won a camp tourney that Valley opted out of means much either.

I think we all agree that there will be at least 3, and hopefully 4, barn-burners between these teams this season!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The only reason P-ville won is because SV decided not to play in the tourney, because the it would've been to easy for them.
kysportsguru Wrote:The only reason P-ville won is because SV decided not to play in the tourney, because the it would've been to easy for them.
You are about the twentieth person from SV to say this exact thing on this exact thraed. Good thing all you geniuses from SV think alike. If it was so easy then why not stay and win it. I'm not saying that Pikeville would have beaten SV, but Pikeville won because SV decided to quit the camp. Simple as that they quit. Had they stayed they might have won the thing but they quit instead.
bigpun Wrote:You are about the twentieth person from SV to say this exact thing on this exact thraed. Good thing all you geniuses from SV think alike. If it was so easy then why not stay and win it. I'm not saying that Pikeville would have beaten SV, but Pikeville won because SV decided to quit the camp. Simple as that they quit. Had they stayed they might have won the thing but they quit instead.

There's a good chance they might not have had the players because they were at a 7on7 football game. Jonah Justice, Luscas Simpkins, Tyler Boyd, and Taylor Newsome all play football, and this year Jacob Bryant and Logan Bryant were supposed to also, so they might have let these boys go to play that.
kysportsguru Wrote:The only reason P-ville won is because SV decided not to play in the tourney, because the it would've been to easy for them.
So how much would SV have won by? Because none of the games last year were blowouts so i don't see why that would make this year any different. Both teams are virtually the same and i don't see any places that one teams has improved more than the other. Saying something like it would be easy makes the respectable things SV fans say on here look tainted. Would Shelby Valley have beaten Pikeville if they had played? They may have very well done that. But, in no way shape or form would it have been easy. And who is to say that Valley would have even made it deep enough into the tournament to have played Pikeville? Listen all of you Valley fan, this may come as a shock to you, but YOU ARE NOT UNBEATABLE. I heard that Sv lost to Johnson Central at that camp. So before you make stupid comments about how it would be "easy" to beat Pikeville how about thinking a little bit.
Panther Thunder Wrote:So how much would SV have won by? Because none of the games last year were blowouts so i don't see why that would make this year any different. Both teams are virtually the same and i don't see any places that one teams has improved more than the other. Saying something like it would be easy makes the respectable things SV fans say on here look tainted. Would Shelby Valley have beaten Pikeville if they had played? They may have very well done that. But, in no way shape or form would it have been easy. And who is to say that Valley would have even made it deep enough into the tournament to have played Pikeville? Listen all of you Valley fan, this may come as a shock to you, but YOU ARE NOT UNBEATABLE. I heard that Sv lost to Johnson Central at that camp. So before you make stupid comments about how it would be "easy" to beat Pikeville how about thinking a little bit.

Read my previous post to see why Valley was not playing up to their potential.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Read my previous post to see why Valley was not playing up to their potential.
Well my post wasnt directed at you it was directed at kysprtsguru. But All teams are missing players.
Panther Thunder Wrote:So how much would SV have won by? Because none of the games last year were blowouts so i don't see why that would make this year any different.

Only the last game was a truly good game(7 points). The other three wins were by a combined 36 points. I wouldn't call them blowouts but Shelby Valley virtually had no problems with Pikeville last season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So other than the last game, SV averaged beating Pikeville by 12 points, Doesn't look like to me that Pikeville can be talking about beating Valley when Valley's main 6 guys all come back.
alfus21 Wrote:Only the last game was a truly good game(7 points). The other three wins were by a combined 36 points. I wouldn't call them blowouts but Shelby Valley virtually had no problems with Pikeville last season.

Considering that Pikeville lost last year by 13, 13, 10, and 7. It would be safe to say that you think that Hazard, who beat Shelby Valley by 12. And Paul Dunbar who beat Shelby Valley by 10, that they had no problems with Shelby Valley?
Congrats Pikeville! Continue to represent the 59th. But when it comes to district and hopefully the region GO VALLEY!!!!!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Considering that Pikeville lost last year by 13, 13, 10, and 7. It would be safe to say that you think that Hazard, who beat Shelby Valley by 12. And Paul Dunbar who beat Shelby Valley by 10, that they had no problems with Shelby Valley?

No because it's hard to get a good idea playing once. Over the course of 4 times it begins to paint a pretty clear picture.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:No because it's hard to get a good idea playing once. Over the course of 4 times it begins to paint a pretty clear picture.
I agree with you on that but i guess we will have to wait and see.
i heard valley did not compete because some of their players were leaving for vacation... i don't know for sure but that's what came to my understanding...
bigpun Wrote:You are about the twentieth person from SV to say this exact thing on this exact thraed. Good thing all you geniuses from SV think alike. If it was so easy then why not stay and win it. I'm not saying that Pikeville would have beaten SV, but Pikeville won because SV decided to quit the camp. Simple as that they quit. Had they stayed they might have won the thing but they quit instead.

Actually, I've seen more pro-Pikeville posts on this thread than pro-Valley. It's amazing there is so much anti-Valley sentiment on this board, that a team is called a bunch of quitters just because they chose not to participate in a summer tournament.

Give congrats to Pikeville for winning the camp tourney, and give Valley the benefit of the doubt that if they didn't play, then they had a good reason.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Only the last game was a truly good game(7 points). The other three wins were by a combined 36 points. I wouldn't call them blowouts but Shelby Valley virtually had no problems with Pikeville last season.

I agree. The last game in the 15th region tournment was a very close game. I mean it was never really out of Pikeville's reach. Though Valley may have beat up on them earlier in the year, Pikeville grew as the season went on and became the 2nd best team in the region.

I think it is fine for the Pikeville fans to say that Valley may have good competition coming from their school this coming year but save the trash talking until Pikeville proves to the region that they can beat Valley.