Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Napier Retires
My guess is Perry turns to Breathitt’s girls coach next. She played at MC Napier and then coached for 20 years at Perry. I don’t think there’s as much interest as the Perry people thought they would be.
McAlarnis would be a very good choice plus has ties already in Perry. She took Breathitt from a 3-21 record to a 19-13 record this year. Breathitt was defeated by Letcher in a close game in the regional and they never stopped competing which is something she can bring to the table for Perry. With Noble and Collett already turning down the job, it would advisable for Perry administration to go after her.
I’m hearing no one wants Misty M back. I keep hearing Mark Collett or the RW combs girl coach is who the parents want.
This is a huge decision for Perry county. Since Collett and Noble have turned down the positions, Perry better open their search to a much wider area. They need to put some resources into the position to bring in a proven coach. I don't think Coach McAlarnis will get the opportunity. Breathitt is a better fit for her as she is establishing herself in a new community. Perry took a while for their football coach and need to do the same for this position.
It all depends on who does the hiring. The superintendent wants somebody but the board wants somebody else. I would think I’d the superintendent wanted an extension he would hire who the board wanted.
Breathitt girls coach will return back home. Everyone else has turned them down, she wont. She is one of randys.
I like her but if she gets it the Hoskins girl will leave and the girls from up the river will not come
I think you are always starting off on a bad note with a new coach if you base it on what current players are wanting. Players today think of high school sports as AAU. It’s not the schools job to make the star player happy. The star player should want to return Perry to their past glory whoever the coach is. What if the new coach doesn’t run the right offense is the star player going to leave or ask for the coach to be fired? When does it stop. Schools should pick the coach that gives them the best chance to win and improve over the long term.
I think some of these players have a bad history with her
I think a school has to pick a coach who they feel is program first. Do they have the character you want passed onto your students/ players ? If you have a coach who is about the kids and not themselves, winning will take care of itself.

You are never going to satisfy kids or parents. Have to put the program first and utimately that’s why Perry is in this situation. Wasn’t about the kids.
You can’t win a horse race with mules. The facts are if she gets hired perry will lose players
Wonder if Kristie Combs is interested?
Maybe something for Perry County to look into
Yes, very surprised her name hasn’t been included in the list of candidates.
Ok well Perry hasn’t been winning with those type of players lately. If it wasn’t for Kendall Noble and kayla Rankin PCC Basketball would have been in this shape a long time ago. Perry can’t hire a coach based on what a couple of 8th graders say. If that’s the case they might as well let their parents coach the next 4 years.
I’d hire somebody that the players liked and other players have said they wanted to come play for. Don’t set the program back 3 or 4 years
Been a fan of 14th region sports for a long time and I dont think Perry has had a good quality team since the Rankin girl graduated. Not real sure who all the race horses are that Perry has in the stable either since all of them are leaving.
Perry would have had the best 14th regional team if you go back a few years ago and come up until now. They had Hall, Sturgill, Caudill and some really solid role players surrounding them. They lose all 3 of those race horses. On top of that RW Combs kept their program strong with Hoskins and Proffitt (she left because of Napier too, no doubt) and the very solid role players they had. No way is this a bunch of mad and spoiled parents/kids. This has to be about a group of kids that know a winning program when they see one. Perry is simply not that anymore.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Ok well Perry hasn’t been winning with those type of players lately. If it wasn’t for Kendall Noble and kayla Rankin PCC Basketball would have been in this shape a long time ago. Perry can’t hire a coach based on what a couple of 8th graders say. If that’s the case they might as well let their parents coach the next 4 years.

I'm pretty sure that is part of the plan speaking of parents. Robbie hoskins will be part of the staff whoever is hired.
Being dominate in Perry County grade school basketball doesnt always carry over to the high school level. I thought West Perry won the girls championship this year. Are they going after Rob Neace to Coach PCC? He done a great job. Maybe they should hire him and Hoskins to be co coaches. That way they could get the West Perry girls not to go to Buckhorn.
Lol the fact that some of you want to act like Randy Napier(all time wins leader in KY Girls Bball) State Champion doesn’t know how to coach or win is really funny. This man has done it for a long time on a high level. Randy refuses to coach how mommy and daddy want their kid to be coached and that is why players went other places. Please tell me how many championships those other girls have won at their new school?
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Lol the fact that some of you want to act like Randy Napier(all time wins leader in KY Girls Bball) State Champion doesn’t know how to coach or win is really funny. This man has done it for a long time on a high level. Randy refuses to coach how mommy and daddy want their kid to be coached and that is why players went other places. Please tell me how many championships those other girls have won at their new school?
They went farther at their new schools then randy went with perry. These girls that left, left because they were not getting treated fairly by the j.v. coach
When you are talking about how far you go you either win the region or you don’t. Randy has won his share of games, regions, and a state championship. Maybe some of these parents need to start coaching and win their own state title. Caudill is finding out how much harder coaching HS is compared to lower levels. He had a ton of talent and couldn’t win the All A or big region. In the 14th region if you have 2 guards like Hazard had you should be winning a lot more.
I think every kid that is a decent player should have their Dad on the bench representing them. We need more Lavar Balls in this world.

I remember watching the Sturgill kid play for Perry several years ago. She shot her arm off what few times I watched them.

RWs program had a pretty good run because of Larry Caudill. Hoskins guy lived off his success. What does the talent pool look like after this 8th grade class leaves RW? Did he work with the 7th grade on down any?

I still dont see any D1 kids or so called Race Horses in the 14th region. The last Race Horse to play at PCC was Kayla Rankin. And the Creech girl from Jenkins. Cant even put kids in this region in the same category with girls like Rankin and Creech.
It all really doesn’t make sense, if it was a kid here or there you could say unrealistic parents but there seems to be much more to it.
Why would any program hire a coach where players would leave immediately? That makes no sense. If it was one or two kids could maybe understand but there was a bunch of kids that wouldn’t play for her and a few were really good players.
Didnt the Brasher guy get in trouble over money at Hazard? Not sure how you could hire someone that got in trouble over money either. Maybe they should hire someone else. You got a coach that none of the kids like and you have a coach that could be in prison right now for stealing money. 2 wonderful candidates. Maybe Larry Caudill from Hazard should be hired.

But you hear anything, Brasher guy may not stole anything.
I would get all the facts before assassinating someone’s character. Just because a program is in the red doesn’t mean there is wrongdoing.
Well you can hear anything, may not be any truth to this. I thought he was a pretty good coach. Saw him pass out at PCC one night. Hope he is healthy enough to coach.
No money gone at hazard. They were in debt when over $7,000 when he took the job and when he quit they were less than $7,000 in debt. The superintendent wanted to get rid of him because of politics. The guy took a team that won 4 or 5 games and built a program that won over 20 and was 4 points away from winning the region