Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reese Smith committed to West Virginia
Heard Reese say last night at the baseball fund raiser that Coach Brown said they were taking 2 QBs for the 2020 class. As for Beau Allen all I ever read is how he is a shoe in to UK.
One question, name me one QB UK has developed since Stoops has arrived? Always hear the same thing well that kid isn’t any good or from what I seen there was nothing better behind him. Listen fellas these kids aren’t winning at a high level in high school and blowing up all these camps to suddenly suck at UK, it’s the position they find themselves in once they get there. No way I’d send my kid to UK to be developed as a QB nope...
single shot Wrote:One question, name me one QB UK has developed since Stoops has arrived? Always hear the same thing well that kid isn’t any good or from what I seen there was nothing better behind him. Listen fellas these kids aren’t winning at a high level in high school and blowing up all these camps to suddenly suck at UK, it’s the position they find themselves in once they get there. No way I’d send my kid to UK to be developed as a QB nope...
I like a good passing game too but Stoops is doing a little better than Mumme did.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Heard Reese say last night at the baseball fund raiser that Coach Brown said they were taking 2 QBs for the 2020 class. As for Beau Allen all I ever read is how he is a shoe in to UK.

I've heard the opposite about Allen thru a reliable source that UK is not going to happen. Who knows tho? If not WVU it'll be Duke or someone not mentioned yet possibly.

Time will tell.
pjdoug Wrote:I like a good passing game too but Stoops is doing a little better than Mumme did.

I mean, I agree with you and a lot of the others Dougie he’s got the program in a place where it hasn’t been in a long time and for only a short time then. The flip side to that is he’s not offering these Kentucky kids at all or waiting really late to offer them once it’s became obvious theyre gonna be really good and then people are getting upset at the kids when they don’t bite. If Allen don’t go to UK people are gonna go ape shit over it, on social media and everything but if your ultimate dream is the NFL do you take a chance on UK and Stoops after their track record with pro style QB’s. Now if I was an underrated RB or pass rusher that was a late bloomer it’s where you want to be at...
single shot Wrote:I mean, I agree with you and a lot of the others Dougie he’s got the program in a place where it hasn’t been in a long time and for only a short time then. The flip side to that is he’s not offering these Kentucky kids at all or waiting really late to offer them once it’s became obvious theyre gonna be really good and then people are getting upset at the kids when they don’t bite. If Allen don’t go to UK people are gonna go ape shit over it, on social media and everything but if your ultimate dream is the NFL do you take a chance on UK and Stoops after their track record with pro style QB’s. Now if I was an underrated RB or pass rusher that was a late bloomer it’s where you want to be at...

Incoherent rebuttal from cantankerous old fart in 3...2.....1......
single shot Wrote:I mean, I agree with you and a lot of the others Dougie he’s got the program in a place where it hasn’t been in a long time and for only a short time then. The flip side to that is he’s not offering these Kentucky kids at all or waiting really late to offer them once it’s became obvious theyre gonna be really good and then people are getting upset at the kids when they don’t bite. If Allen don’t go to UK people are gonna go ape shit over it, on social media and everything but if your ultimate dream is the NFL do you take a chance on UK and Stoops after their track record with pro style QB’s. Now if I was an underrated RB or pass rusher that was a late bloomer it’s where you want to be at...
I agree with you but 10 wins ain't bad at Kentucky. I do remember Stoops taking control one game and kept feeding it to Snell and they came back to win the game.
FoSho Wrote:Incoherent rebuttal from cantankerous old fart in 3...2.....1......

You never had to go break a switch to bring back to your mom and it shows.
pjdoug Wrote:I like a good passing game too but Stoops is doing a little better than Mumme did.

Mumme and Morriss was the last time UK actually had QB's on playing QB.
pjdoug Wrote:You never had to go break a switch to bring back to your mom and it shows.

I never needed it.
FoSho Wrote:Allen's ex LexCath Coach is on the staff at WVU...so we'll see. I've heard he isn't going to UK.

I stand corrected. I guess Perry didn't go to Morgantown.....or he did and left for the Asst QB Coach position with the Cats.

UK wants Beau Allen and that's the way to make it happen.
FoSho Wrote:I stand corrected. I guess Perry didn't go to Morgantown.....or he did and left for the Asst QB Coach position with the Cats.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read that Stoops had hired Perry.
FoSho Wrote:I never needed it.

You still need it for making fun of old peopleSmile
FoSho Wrote:I stand corrected. I guess Perry didn't go to Morgantown.....or he did and left for the Asst QB Coach position with the Cats.

That was a good move. Does he have the potential to be one of the UK greats like Couch?
pjdoug Wrote:That was a good move. Does he have the potential to be one of the UK greats like Couch?

He's a good high school QB with potential to be a good college QB.

...and that's all I'm going to say about that.
FoSho Wrote:He's a good high school QB with potential to be a good college QB.

...and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Is he good enough to START at Boyle County?
ekywildcat Wrote:Is he good enough to START at Boyle County?

:biggrin:

...at tight end. 😎
Lolololololol. Lanter vs Allen will happen at least once this year. I can’t wait. I expect it to be a shootout.

I definitely wouldn’t trade Lanter for Allen.
I think people are thinking to much and putting way to much into this UK QB stuff. It is damn hard to find a good QB. You only have a few chances to find a top notch QB each year and flops happen to every team. UK and Stoops just ain't found the right guy yet. All this (UK's system ain't good for pro style QB's ) stuff is nonsense. If a QB is good enough and talented enough and can make all the throws and has some decent receivers to throw to he will perform and thrive regardless of the system the coaches happen to be running. If a QB has the right stuff the system is irrelevant in my opinion.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think people are thinking to much and putting way to much into this UK QB stuff. It is damn hard to find a good QB. You only have a few chances to find a top notch QB each year and flops happen to every team. UK and Stoops just ain't found the right guy yet. All this (UK's system ain't good for pro style QB's ) stuff is nonsense. If a QB is good enough and talented enough and can make all the throws and has some decent receivers to throw to he will perform and thrive regardless of the system the coaches happen to be running. If a QB has the right stuff the system is irrelevant in my opinion.

Hoak couldn't crack the UK starting lineup as a four star QB. How does anyone expect this staff to ever get a pro style QB again? IMO the UK staff has done NOTHING to show they are worthy of earning the trust of that type of player again.

Allen may very well go there but from everything I've heard UK had no shot. His old coach may be able to sway his opinion but I would be shocked to be honest.

I think he's bound for Duke or somewhere out west. Time will tell.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think people are thinking to much and putting way to much into this UK QB stuff. It is damn hard to find a good QB. You only have a few chances to find a top notch QB each year and flops happen to every team. UK and Stoops just ain't found the right guy yet. All this (UK's system ain't good for pro style QB's ) stuff is nonsense. If a QB is good enough and talented enough and can make all the throws and has some decent receivers to throw to he will perform and thrive regardless of the system the coaches happen to be running. If a QB has the right stuff the system is irrelevant in my opinion.

Horseshit to much talent been through there in 6 years for not one single QB to have been developed, you do understand that these kids have to be developed they don’t show up with a grasp of the college game, Tua ain’t walking through that door for UK...
Wow! Congrats to this kid he is a heck of a receiver! Watched him play at state his junior year and he really impressed me!
14thregionsportsfan Wrote:Wow! Congrats to this kid he is a heck of a receiver! Watched him play at state his junior year and he really impressed me!

That was his sophomore year, he'll be a senior this coming season.

Get your popcorn ready!
Congrats to Reese
Jack Lambert Wrote:I definitely wouldn’t trade Lanter for Allen.

I think both are excellent QB's. I've seen both play. Totally impartial. I would lean toward Allen. Nothing against Lanter….I just think Allen has more to offer in the pocket.
This thread is about a tremendous athlete achieving a life long dream, let’s keep it about Reese Smith. Nothing put on here about these two Qb’s is gonna change anyone’s opinion and a kid shouldn’t have to get on here and read where he’s been tore down and it’s bound to happen, I’ve got an opinion which I can happily keep to myself....
Delete
single shot Wrote:This thread is about a tremendous athlete achieving a life long dream, let’s keep it about Reese Smith. Nothing put on here about these two Qb’s is gonna change anyone’s opinion and a kid shouldn’t have to get on here and read where he’s been tore down and it’s bound to happen, I’ve got an opinion which I can happily keep to myself....

Don't base your opinion on last years semifinal game. Lanter had the stomach flu and an IV at halftime.

But I agree, no minds are going to be changed based upon this thread. Besides, it's about Reese Smith.