Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Estill County
There's been a lot of rumor and speculation on who may be considered.

Any names of people that have shown interest?

Better yet, has the job even been posted yet?
Been a lot of hearsay on this. Has the job actually been posted yet?
Lynn Camp loses 19 seniors including Cook he ran for almost 2500 yards this year.
A Corbin assistant told me that he is interested in this job. He said that he would keep the same offense because of it’s explosiveness and it would be an easy transition for the kids.
There will be a lot of interest in this job. Now, that is not to say that it will be from high profile names, because lets face it, its a rebuilding project with a lot of young talent. But from within the program, there will be a lot of interest in this job. Not sure they will hire within the current staff or not.
It's not been posted yet. It may not even get posted if their is a coaching change.
Strikeout King Wrote:It's not been posted yet. It may not even get posted if their is a coaching change.

Well there is going to be a coaching change for sure. But if the job doesn't get posted, that means they already have who they want, or they are just going to do an in-house hiring from the current staff.
From within the program, who is interested and what does their resumes look like?
Joe Shmo Wrote:From within the program, who is interested and what does their resumes look like?

Austin Moore - Played football at Estill. Been an assistant for 13 years now.
Cade Berryman - played football at Estill. current middle school coach and special teams coach. Been an assistant for I think 2 years.
Russ Swim - Been an assistant at Estill on and off for a long time. His son will be a senior at Estill next season.
Joe Shmo Wrote:From within the program, who is interested and what does their resumes look like?

I would say that there is only two interested in the job from within the current system.

Austin Moore: Played at Estill under Mike Jones. Been on the staff for a long time. And is the current DC for the team.

Cade Berryman: Played at Estill under Mike Jones. Was an assistant coach for the High School in 2016 (Special Teams). And is current Middle School Head Coach.
They have to post the job, even if they already have someone in mind, it's illegal and unethical to not post a job.

For some reason I just have a hard time thinking it's gonna be Cade, just because even though he has a lot of supporters he's only been in coaching three years, and leading a middle school program is different that a high school one. Plus Cade know that if Mo gets it he will have a high profile coordinator job, and nobody is angry. I think if they hire internally its easier to go with Mo.
teampaul Wrote:They have to post the job, even if they already have someone in mind, it's illegal and unethical to not post a job.

For some reason I just have a hard time thinking it's gonna be Cade, just because even though he has a lot of supporters he's only been in coaching three years, and leading a middle school program is different that a high school one. Plus Cade know that if Mo gets it he will have a high profile coordinator job, and nobody is angry. I think if they hire internally its easier to go with Mo.

False, they only have to post the job if it is attached to certified teaching position. If the Job is strictly extra duty position (like most coaching jobs are now a days) they do not have to post the job.
teampaul Wrote:They have to post the job, even if they already have someone in mind, it's illegal and unethical to not post a job.

Does not have to be. And I do not think they will post it. But everyone knows about it whether its posted or not. Or at least everyone who would be interested anyway. In my opinion, it will not be "open" They already have who they want in mind and I believe they have talked to that person. (No, I do not know who it is, but i just think they already have the choice made)
any news?
Not heard anything as of yet.
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm gonna throw a name out there that no body has probably mentioned. Russ Shearer. If I'm not mistaken he graduated at Estill and was the coach at Bellevue and Jackson County.

What’s wrong with Russ. Got to know him when he was with Cumberlands. He’s a firey guy, played at Estill, has college coaching experience, had to put up with all the outside crap at Jackson County and stayed even when they NEVER offered to give him a teaching job. Russ would be a good hire and loves Estill Co.
how it sounding at Estill co concerning the coaching search
Everything has been and is really quite.
Boyd has hired a coach.
Whitley seems to be very close to naming someone.
Middlesboro has some names of interest and seems to be moving towards a hire soon.

Estill, however is pretty quiet. Who is the person calling the shots on this one in engineer country?
Joe Shmo Wrote:Boyd has hired a coach.
Whitley seems to be very close to naming someone.
Middlesboro has some names of interest and seems to be moving towards a hire soon.

Estill, however is pretty quiet. Who is the person calling the shots on this one in engineer country?

It is a very strange situation here in Estill County. Everything is hush, hush. Which is why I think they already have their guy, just waiting to make it official. But I have no earthly idea who it could be.
I'm told there is a mystery candidate in the mix and nothing has been decided yet. This person will get an interview.
Mike has officially stepped down making Estill officially open.
Kliff Kingsbury
Estill really is keeping this close to the vest. Not posted on KHSAA nor is it on the school's open jobs list.
Confusedhh:
Everything seems to be on the low in Irvine. This has to be one of the most mysterious coaching "searches" in recent history. Confusederiously:
Don't they have the girls soccer head coaching job to do as well or did they officially give it to Coach Hall?
Jordan Marcum is one of the candidates. Has a good relationship with Estill superintendent, Jeff Saylor.
Austin Maples (Montgomery Co OC)
Jordan Marcum (Madison Central assistant)

Those seem to be the most talked about coaches that have applied. I suspect that one of those two will end up getting.
any news or updates on the coaching search