Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 19 Somerset 17
If the rams are lucky enough to make it to Lexington, and mayfield does also, I’m gonna spend the night and be at the Raceland game, pulling for the Rams, and I would love to sit with rambler, old rambler, sideline doc, and if you bring me a Ram hat I’ll wear it! 😎 RRR
Congrats Rams. Hope y'all make it far.
Gargamel Wrote:& Paintsville is?

Go lay down somewhere. Your A$$ whipping will come soon enough. Take the Tigers and play Somerset and then get back with me. Hardest hitting physical team we’ve played. Back to back ball busters on the road both w’s. Wasn’t like we beat Walton Verona or some cupcake like that.
RoShamBo Wrote:I didn't catch it either, but at the time it seemed like a great call to me. Confusednicker:

We got the make up call when the Somerset recievers catch in the 4th quarter was ruled incomplete when he was clearly in bounds.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:not arguing here. just curious bc u seem to have the info lol. but what about rugby style kicks? its essentially a run/punt option. by the way i understand ur explanation, even in that case, if the punter is in that option, couldnt he just hold the ball until the point of contact then make like he is punting at the last possible second? itd be a dumb decision bc theres a pretty high chance that itd get blocked, but for the sake of this argument...lol

Just like on roll out passes you almost have to have someone “push” the punter to kick the ball the same as pushing a QB to throw instead of tucking and running. If the punter punts the ball he had turned into a kicker and protected in that process. Like you said you can take a chance on drawing a roughing call but most of the time if the defender gets that close and the punter hasn’t timed his steps up, he takes a chance of the defender getting a piece of the ball and blocking it. The rugby option really does take one, maybe two blockers out of the return just to make sure the ball is kicked.
Congratulations Raceland :Cheerlead I may haveto rethink my prediction in 1A in the east
blitzingback Wrote:If he recovers and kicks it clean he is a kicker, either over his head or on a bounce. Most of the time on one over his head the defense has closed and gets a piece of the ball. The protection for him is in place until it is blocked or he becomes a runner.

He ran with the ball towards the sideline he fell out of bounds when he tried kicking it and Raceland kid fell over him . No way that’s roughing .
anotherfootballnut Wrote:He ran with the ball towards the sideline he fell out of bounds when he tried kicking it and Raceland kid fell over him . No way that’s roughing .

I think we was just talking about the rule Nutt. Not if there was roughing or not on this particular play.
Lots of strange calls and no calls that went both ways.The two point conversation at the end of the game by the Bunnies....what was the call?? A personal foul on Somerset? Isn’t that a dead ball foul and if so shouldn’t the play stand?Then on the next try a Bunnie lineman jumped on the back of our d lineman and road him all the way to the QB! One of the funniest things I’ve ever seen!
The flag on the 2pt conversion was a blindside block during the play, i couldnt see it on the live stream but i talked to the staff and they said it was legit, but i cant say 100% bc i didnt even see it. but a bunnies fan said that the hold on the 97 yd td pass was a "ghost" call. if thats not called, then the game is over any way. just a really bad performance by the striped fellers that took away from a really good defensive battle.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:we have zero killer instinct from a play calling standpoint. nearly gave this one away.

I 3,000% disagree with you. Playing in the road, deep in your territory you have to run. You have be able to run between the tackles. That will allow an occasional different play call. And, we did try and throw a few passes, one being a 98 yard TD pass that was called back on a bogus holding call (I watched it on film). I give credit to Somerset’s coaches and players for adjusting to our schemes at halftime. We, unfortunately, couldn’t flip the field. So, the killer instinct comment isn’t fair or accurate about last night. This was just a superb high school defensive game. We had (unofficially) 110 yards for the game and Somerset has 80. Just remember, when you play a equally good team and it’s a brawl, you just have to punch and be punched and win on the scoreboard.
Food for thought, we tried to pass with 2 minutes to go with an 8 point lead and we fumble on the 5.....
rookie57 Wrote:If the rams are lucky enough to make it to Lexington, and mayfield does also, I’m gonna spend the night and be at the Raceland game, pulling for the Rams, and I would love to sit with rambler, old rambler, sideline doc, and if you bring me a Ram hat I’ll wear it! 😎 RRR
Deal! You want black, orange or camouflage?
blitzingback Wrote:As long as the kicker is still trying to kick, he’s a kicker. Only when he breaks to run is he fair game, or a block of course.

Correct. It’s tough on a defensive player but as long as he is trying to kick, you have to treat him as a kicker....no matter if he is steady and stable to punt or running for his life.

As much as I hate this call, the officials got this “ONE” right.
Gargamel Wrote:Rams outcome sure give the Tigers some hope in Big upcoming district championship game

You’re correct, you guys should be the favorite. You guys have a great team.
Surprised by the outcome of this one but sounds like it was a good game between two eventual district/region champs.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:He ran with the ball towards the sideline he fell out of bounds when he tried kicking it and Raceland kid fell over him . No way that’s roughing .

They didn’t call roughing the kicker. That would’ve been 15 yards. It was a 5 yard running into the kicker, or in this case, falling on the kicker. 😁
In the prediction thread I picked against the Rams (which will not happen again) and had doubts about the secondary. I was way wrong and would like to have my crow baked with some hot sauce. This team battled last night against a tough opponent on the road and did not break when faced with adversity. Our defense really showed up last night and smacked the Somerset offense in the mouth. Somerset was a very physical team and I’m not sure if we will see another team like them again this year outside of Beechwood (assuming we make it that far). I hope the rest of the East is paying attention because this Rams team going to be very dangerous come playoff time.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:A bunnies fan said that the hold on the 97 yd td pass was a "ghost" call. if thats not called, then the game is over any way. just a really bad performance by the striped fellers that took away from a really good defensive battle.

Scotty that call was terrible. He didn’t throw the flag until Gunnar was at least 30 yards away from the line of scrimmage and when he threw it the only two players in the area were Ram players. I try not to give the officials too much grief but those guys last night did not call a good game at all and they seemed confused at times.
IMG_3546.jpeg
I agree with OB on this one...I was aggravated more on the defensive side of the ball when in the first half we had them 3rd and 18 and we brought the house.We missed and the QB picked up the first down and eventually ended up scoring! Just think sometimes we need to let the kid attempt to throw.We had to dropped int and one int for 6! I believe the Rams started inside their 20 on every possession in the second half and I believe 3 times inside their own 5 yard line! We done a good job of surviving! We done what we needed to win!
How many players didn't play for Somerset last night, or were banged up and did play?
I think they said a receiver but it wouldn’t have mattered if he played.Somerset had no time to throw down field.I believe the announcers doing the live broadcast said the same thing!
Good job Rams, you guy's survived a slobber knocker. Too bad the officials made themselves such a huge part of the game and then couldn't make the calls clear to everyone. I was unable to make it(afraid of getting knots on my head...LoL) but was tuned in on the radio, where the Jumpers announcers were as confused as anyone to the calls being made by the officials.
I think at one point a referee pulled out his cell phone and tried to google a rule right there on the field. 😳
SomeBunnyFan_10 Wrote:Good job Rams, you guy's survived a slobber knocker. Too bad the officials made themselves such a huge part of the game and then couldn't make the calls clear to everyone. I was unable to make it(afraid of getting knots on my head...LoL) but was tuned in on the radio, where the Jumpers announcers were as confused as anyone to the calls being made by the officials.

I couldn’t find in myself to put knots on anybody’s head last night. Jumper fans were to nice.😁
^
You haven't met SomeBunnieFan!!

Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:How many players didn't play for Somerset last night, or were banged up and did play?

Two of our best WRs are done for the season, another was back last night after a high ankle sprain against North Laurel. We also lost an OL in the first half, hoping that is nothing major. The injuries hurt but Raceland was just better than us last night, no excuses.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The flag on the 2pt conversion was a blindside block during the play, i couldnt see it on the live stream but i talked to the staff and they said it was legit, but i cant say 100% bc i didnt even see it. but a bunnies fan said that the hold on the 97 yd td pass was a "ghost" call. if thats not called, then the game is over any way. just a really bad performance by the striped fellers that took away from a really good defensive battle.

The way it was explained to me was you can no longer lead with your body on a crack back block. It was the same call that negated the nice punt return we had earlier in the game. Both were legitimate blocks to the defender's chest, but apparently the rules are that you have to lead with your hands on crack back blocks now.
RoShamBo Wrote:The way it was explained to me was you can no longer lead with your body on a crack back block. It was the same call that negated the nice punt return we had earlier in the game. Both were legitimate blocks to the defender's chest, but apparently the rules are that you have to lead with your hands on crack back blocks now.

So let’s just take off the pads and go to flag football cause this is where it’s heading
jetpilot Wrote:How many players didn't play for Somerset last night, or were banged up and did play?

#7 was out. I think their coach told me another receiver was out. Everyone else was back.