•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/14
[quote=jetpilot]This guy is always eat up with it on here, so this is when I have to show up and point out to him that Pikeville wins the vast majority of athletic events vs. Belfry even though the student body is a fraction of the size and is 10x the academic school. I love the line from the old movie "Your name wouldn't happen to be D!CK, would it?"Confusedhh: If you want to pump your chest play up two classes and one of their top teams like we do and then get back to me after you get the running clock put on you.[/QUOTE
Patriot1 Wrote:Hound05 where did you get all that knowledge it couldn’t have been from Corbin, just kidding

I’m not from corbin. They recruited me, right Doug? Hahah
Belfry - 28
Pikeville - 14
Patriot1 Wrote:OutlawJoseyWales you know that we have already had this debate about this game, it’s just game between two Pike County schools that have along history mostly in Belfry favor. Sure the young men want to win but it should have no affect on what both teams goals are. Help both teams get better, maybe Pikeville more than Belfry and show their staff things they need to work on. I live in Belfry and played for Belfry and you probably all ready know that but these is just a game to use to get better, well that’s what I believe anyway. So good luck to both teams hope for an injury free game for both but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

😂😂. I know....just having some fun!
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:😂😂. I know....just having some fun!

That’s a good way to get some stared,haha
FoSho Wrote:Belfry - 28
Pikeville - 14

FoSho what are you doing on this thread I thought you would be on the rankings thread, just kidding.
The winner of this game is any high school football fan that gets to get a ticket and watch it to historic programs with really good teams this year
BuckeyeRam Wrote:The winner of this game is any high school football fan that gets to get a ticket and watch it to historic programs with really good teams this year

I know a buckeye is a worthless nut but what the heck does that mean. Don’t they have high school football where your from
Patriot1 Wrote:I know a buckeye is a worthless nut but what the heck does that mean. Don’t they have high school football where your from

Both programs are good. And have been. Not gonna change anytime soon I wouldn’t think. But with all due respect given, this isn’t even close to the best game in the state this week. A lot of interesting matchups and a lot of games that’ll be closer than this one. I could be wrong though. As my wife always says, “Ima idiot” haha.
Hound05 Wrote:Both programs are good. And have been. Not gonna change anytime soon I wouldn’t think. But with all due respect given, this isn’t even close to the best game in the state this week. A lot of interesting matchups and a lot of games that’ll be closer than this one. I could be wrong though. As my wife always says, “Ima idiot” haha.

I just didn’t know what he was saying must be Ohio talk or maybe I am way out of the new lingo. It may not be the best game in the state never said it was it just the one we where talking about. I usually only pay attention to the ones on BGR don’t know a lot about the teams in western Kentucky and northern either so don’t pay them any attention much. So where did you get that I thought this was the best game in the state? Not trying to be smart Hound05 just wondering
Hey Pilot, you are right about PHS and their ability to win at most sports, but the days of BHS being a lot bigger than PHS are long gone. Under 600 at Belfry now. Still bigger, but not by much. As for the schedule, it doesn’t really matter come Friday night. Both teams should have a chance to win. I like Belfry 35-21.
Belfry 27-13! But won’t feel that close! Belfry keeps doing what they do! Wouldn’t wanna see them in the playoffs if I’m in 3A and damn sure wouldn’t wanna go to their place!
Patriot1 Wrote:FoSho what are you doing on this thread I thought you would be on the rankings thread, just kidding.

I'm bored.
You must keep Belfrys offense off the field.The last time Pikeville beat them that is exactly what they did.Pikeville must do this again for them to win.Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries
21-20 Belfry
I would love to be there for this one for sure. This will be a great game between two Pike County powers and great rivals.The winner of this game wins by 7 or less IMO.

Go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Very realistic. Toughest game on our schedule every year. Belfry just reloads. Pikeville needs to play a clean and mistake free game, limit mental mistakes, don’t give free field position with silly fouls. Time to move on from Paintsville and look to this game. I like our protection if we go to more passing, but like another poster said, they need to be quick hitters that keep the chains moving like runs would, and give our other D guys some rest. Expect to see quite a bit of rotation. Not gonna make a score prediction, just cheering on my Panthers!!
Hound05 Wrote:I think the physicality and grit of belfry will be the difference maker in this one. Pikeville will score on some passing plays. But belfry will just wear you down up front and then keep coming at you with speed in the backfield. I don’t know what the score will be. honestly I see belfry winning by 12-18 points.

:dontthink
COACHITALL Wrote:There is no way Pikeville stops our run. Our O line will dominate, but our passing defense isn’t great either. If we contain the deep ball and punish the receivers on short yardage completions will will be fine. Pikeville will move the ball on us for sure, but can they capitalize in the red zone? This won’t be your typical 49-7 drubbing, so I predict 42-28.

You're talking out the wrong end again.
Hound05 Wrote:Coming from someone who don’t care either way. And I’m sure you all couldn’t care less what I think either. The schedule probably is a wash, you’re right. But most teams, at least mountain teams schedules do drop off towards the back end, and in district play. Pikeville, belfrys, ours, everyone pretty much except city schools. Aside from JC belfry doesn’t have a tough back end. But scheduling doesn’t mean anything for a game like this. And I think belfry will probably win this. Not because of school size and class and all of that. To me when you start getting into elite upper level teams, classes are pointless. They all dress about the same amount of kids. But I think belfry will win, and probably should because of their play style and physical play. Pikeville will score some points and I don’t think belfry will be able to completely stop the passing game. But belfry has one advantage, they run the ball so they have the ability to control the clock more to their advantage.
Have you watched Pikeville play?
Hound05 Wrote:I’m not from corbin. They recruited me, right Doug? Hahah

for sure.
I think Pikeville has speed all over the field on defense that could disrupt Belfry's running game and give the Panthers a shot at beating the Pirates.
Pikeville has the speed at the skill positions to match up with the Pirates but the line play is where I'm concerned. Admittedly I don't know much about Belfry's O and D line but I know year in and year out, those kids are dogs! They're tough as they come and just don't quit! I think that along with Pikeville's lack of a stud running back will be the deciding factor.

Pirates-35
Panther's-7
pjdoug Wrote:I think Pikeville has speed all over the field on defense that could disrupt Belfry's running game and give the Panthers a shot at beating the Pirates.

So what is the number they give up and still be considered a good defense?

I think it will be

BHS
Two big time mountain football program in the heart of Eastern, Kentucky...My Prediction has nothing to do with who wins 1A in the east..........Hint,hint Confusedhh:

Belfry 42
Pikeville 21

TongueirateSho :Cheerlead TongueirateSho
Belfry 42
Pike 14
Patriot1 Wrote:I just didn’t know what he was saying must be Ohio talk or maybe I am way out of the new lingo. It may not be the best game in the state never said it was it just the one we where talking about. I usually only pay attention to the ones on BGR don’t know a lot about the teams in western Kentucky and northern either so don’t pay them any attention much. So where did you get that I thought this was the best game in the state? Not trying to be smart Hound05 just wondering

No I wasn’t referring to you. I was referring to him. I just quoted your response because I agreed with you. I’m with ya I don’t know what they hell he is talking about hahah. I guess it wasn’t real clear, I wasn’t real clear I guess. It’s to hard to multi quote with a phone on here. But that response was to him and agreeing with you. My bad it took so long to respond. Been a tad busy
pjdoug Wrote:Have you watched Pikeville play?

Yea a little. Not enough to be anywhere close to an expert or give a scouting report. But I believe what I said, just based on belfry is so dang physical. Add speed on to it and the option. Which to me is harder to defend than any other offense. At least when I played. But who knows.
I am taking Belfry but I wouldn’t be shocked if Pikeville wins. I plan on attending this one.
Pjdoug and jetpilot serious question do you guys have amnesia?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next