Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Pre-season Poll - AAA 2007
lol..a few reminders for anybody that knows football. Russell dont rebuild. They reload. Belfry will ALWAYS be good because they are ALWAYS fundamentally sound, and a team with a dominant running game, can milk that clock. Those two teams will always be at or around the top of AAA..
bluegrassballa Wrote:guys, idk if russell will have a good year or not cause they dont have kasey no more. belfrey really hasnt had a good year since they lost david jones. fleming will have a slim chance because they have an awesome passing attack. even though russell lost kasey, i think russell and belfrey has the best shot at it. powell doesnt even stand a chance. they cant even beat morgan county, they will be fun to watch. not that theyre good, jus to joke around and stuff.
I seem to remember hearing people say Russell would not be as good after Josh Gross graduated and they proceeded to win the state title and play in the next one. Bottom line is, like TidesHoss32 said, Russell does not rebuild they reload. They will be just as good as anybody in AAA next year.
thecoacher Wrote:I seem to remember hearing people say Russell would not be as good after Josh Gross graduated and they proceeded to win the state title and play in the next one. Bottom line is, like TidesHoss32 said, Russell does not rebuild they reload. They will be just as good as anybody in AAA next year.

In 2007 Russell's opponents will get to know the names AJ Corlde, Josh Hopper, David Bailey, Drew Abrams, and they will be re-introduced to the machine known as Tyler Jones. The New Red Devil Backfield!

More power speed and size than last season!

2006 was more of a one dimensional backfield with Kasey Clark carrying most of the time. Last year Russell was also blessed with a superb wide reciever by the name of Marcus Frazier.

This year Russell's biggest gaps to fill will be Seth Harvey's position on Defensive line and finding a WR to replace Frazier. But believe me there is no need to worry. I think a young man by the name of Justin Mitchell might get the WR spot and he is as natural an athelete as I have ever seen.
DevilsWin Wrote:In 2007 Russell's opponents will get to know the names AJ Corlde, Josh Hopper, David Bailey, Drew Abrams, and they will be re-introduced to the machine known as Tyler Jones.

This year Russell's biggest gaps to fill will be Seth Harvey's position on Defensive line and finding a WR to replace Frazier. But believe me there is no need to worry. I think a young man by the name of Justin Mitchell might get the WR spot and he is as natural an athelete as I have ever seen.

Hopper will be OK if they get his head into the game. Drew has been working extremly hard to get more carries. Tyler....well that's about all you can say.

Isn't Justin Mitchell Timmy's baby brother. If so and he plays with Timmy's intensity then look out.
Yea I notice that everybody has a prediction about this coming year, so here goes... To start with-- Russell will be harder to beat because now Kasey will not be there, he was the work horse and carried the ball 75% of the time. Who are you going to key on now,,?JONES...If he is playing QB, the wing -T will beat you to death. If Jones is RB then the wing-T will continue keeping you guessing. Josh Gross and Kasey Clark were pivitol points in the Devils backfield and this year only one name stands out- JONES,, thats where the other guys in the backfield will run wild. Believe me if the only kid you know inthe back field is JONES,,, you will know Abrams, Hopper, Cordle and Bailey, by the end of the first game. Hey would it be something to have 3- 1000 yard rushers out of this backfield.... DOnt know if would happen, could happen- but it would be nice to see. Any predictions on that..

Russell
BElfry
Mason Co.
Western
Pud.Tig.
Sheldon Clark
East Carter
West Carter
Estill Co
Powell Co. I dont get out much......................
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Russell
BElfry
Mason Co.
Western
Pud.Tig.
Sheldon Clark
East Carter
West Carter
Estill Co

I can't believe you would place East Carter, West Carter, Estill and Powell above Somerset, Central and Fleming County!!!!!!!!!!
Midee1 Wrote:Hopper will be OK if they get his head into the game. Drew has been working extremly hard to get more carries. Tyler....well that's about all you can say.

Isn't Justin Mitchell Timmy's baby brother. If so and he plays with Timmy's intensity then look out.
Yes he is cut from the same cloth as his older brother Timmy. More of a natural athelete than Timmy though.
thecoacher Wrote:Russell
BElfry
Mason Co.
Western
Pud.Tig.
Sheldon Clark
East Carter
West Carter
Estill Co

I can't believe you would place East Carter, West Carter, Estill and Powell above Somerset, Central and Fleming County!!!!!!!!!!
He wasn't kidding. He really doesn't get out much....

1 Central
2 Russell
3 Mason Co
4 Belfry
5 PT
6 Breathitt Co
7 Fleming Co
8 Somerset
9 Sheldon Clark
10 Russellville
Two years ago Belfry had 3 (1,000)yd rushers in May, Chapman, and Maynard. So from what I saw in last years semi final against the Devils, If they worked any in the off season I say it will be done at Russell this year..and i hate to say it but Russell has got to be a heavy favorite to win it this year...I hope Belfry comes up with something this year or they're going to be pretty slow..
FBALL Wrote:He wasn't kidding. He really doesn't get out much....

1 Central
2 Russell
3 Mason Co
4 Belfry
5 PT
6 Breathitt Co
7 Fleming Co
8 Somerset
9 Sheldon Clark
10 Russellville

Breathitt will be one of the best IF they can straighten up the defense..
Twitter: @tc_analytics

What is this I hear that Russell went to the shotgun spread offense?????? This is sacriligious..........
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Why change what works.....I think this is a rumor
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:What is this I hear that Russell went to the shotgun spread offense?????? This is sacriligious..........
Why change what has been working? A play or two maybe, just to throw teams off, but I see them being the same ol' Russell.

qb destroyer Wrote:powell county will definately be making some noise in the 3a. watch and see
Powell will be playing for third in the district, if that is noise, ok. Some teams consider .500 noise. I hope they are improved and wish them with best, except against Breathitt.

bigpun Wrote:Oh I'll watch.....and see them get beat by some of the worst teams in the state. If you can't beat EKY worst teams then what makes you think that you are going to be top ten this year. This isn't who to watch for anyway. It is Top Ten Preseason Poll AAA 2007. Read post 20 if you want to find out where Powell Co will fall in 2007.
BLOW YOUR NOSE AND CLEAR OUT YOUR BRAIN!
This aint the same Powell. WHOLE NEW SYSTEM, NEW HEAD COACH, TOTAL FACE LIFT OF A PROGRAM. Your judging Powell from last season and previous seasons.
Powell has never had a coach like Mike Whitaker. He is a proven winner and has won every where he has been. :mad:
RIP_28 Wrote:BLOW YOUR NOSE AND CLEAR OUT YOUR BRAIN!
This aint the same Powell. WHOLE NEW SYSTEM, NEW HEAD COACH, TOTAL FACE LIFT OF A PROGRAM. Your judging Powell from last season and previous seasons.
Powell has never had a coach like Mike Whitaker. He is a proven winner and has won every where he has been. :mad:

:lmao: I liken Mike Whitaker at Powell County to putting Jeff Gordon in a Chevrolet Chevette and expecting him to compete with Nextel Cup cars.
this is some funny stuff. mike whitaker is one of the best coach in the state. ever team he has coach he has turn there progam around. in other word HE GET THE JOB DONE!!!!:ChairHit:
DevilsWin Wrote::lmao: I liken Mike Whitaker at Powell County to putting Jeff Gordon in a Chevrolet Chevette and expecting him to compete with Nextel Cup cars.
DevilsWin Wrote::lmao: I liken Mike Whitaker at Powell County to putting Jeff Gordon in a Chevrolet Chevette and expecting him to compete with Nextel Cup cars.

I guarentee that if you put jeff gordon in a chevette, he may not win, but he'll run as hard as he can because he is passionate about what he does... powell county may have a new coach and a bad past, but i guarentee that if you put them out at practice they will learn new techniques and reguardless if they win, which they will, or lose, they will work as hard as they can and do the best they can because they wouldn't be there if they didn't want to...
cuppett777 Wrote:Two years ago Belfry had 3 (1,000)yd rushers in May, Chapman, and Maynard. So from what I saw in last years semi final against the Devils, If they worked any in the off season I say it will be done at Russell this year..and i hate to say it but Russell has got to be a heavy favorite to win it this year...I hope Belfry comes up with something this year or they're going to be pretty slow..
Belfry wont have blazing speed but they wont be as slow as a lot think. And some of the coaches have said this will be their best line since they won state the first time. I look for a fun year. Belfry and Russell will always reload and be at the top. Not relaly because of talent, but they do things right and dont kill theirself, kind of like Ironton.
PCHSPepBandHorn Wrote:I guarentee that if you put jeff gordon in a chevette, he may not win, but he'll run as hard as he can because he is passionate about what he does... powell county may have a new coach and a bad past, but i guarentee that if you put them out at practice they will learn new techniques and reguardless if they win, which they will, or lose, they will work as hard as they can and do the best they can because they wouldn't be there if they didn't want to...

Well to begin with he needs more than 26 kids on the team to compete in AAA.
Even the best coaches cannot compete among the "elite" if they do not have the horses to run, and Powell does not have enough horses, just a bunch of mules with a couple horses.

All of those football fanatics out there need to be on the look out for the surprising teams this year. I hear Lawrence Co. is finally back on track and Sheldon Clark should also be tough to tear through.
Just becasue the QB canthrow the ball during passing league,,, does not meen that the DAWGS are all that and a bag of chips. It will be a little different when Jones introduces himself to the QB no less than 6 times in a game-PERSONALLY.... I have also heard that LawCo did well in the passing league but real football is a different story. DOnt be surprised if any of the kids you saw play for Russell in the passing league will play thoise positions in the year??? Maybe some but not all.
Passing league doesn't tell the real story... let's see how the qb does with pressure in his face, and after taking some hard hits
diamonddawg45 Wrote:All of those football fanatics out there need to be on the look out for the surprising teams this year. I hear Lawrence Co. is finally back on track and Sheldon Clark should also be tough to tear through.

Sheldon Clarks scheduling again in my opinion will hurt them, Bell Co. & Belfry are their only two games that will help them prepare for playoffs unless Lawrence Co. turns out surprising people. I have no doubt that Sheldon Clark will be a solid ball club this year, but Belfry's tough schedule year in and year out is what makes them such a prepared team come playoff time.
Look at SC's non-district schedule:

Perry Co. Central
Fairland, OH
Rowan Co.
Bell Co.
Paintsville..

The oinly team on that part of the schedule to give them a good game is Bell Co.

Belfry's non district is leaps and bounds tougher which is why they win and win consistently when it counts.
RIP_28 Wrote:BLOW YOUR NOSE AND CLEAR OUT YOUR BRAIN!
Total face lift but the same ol' kids. No way do you go from 1 win to making noise. I'm sorry but it won't happen and this is reality. I would love to see them turn around because I have 2 really good friends who played there in the late 90's, but they laugh more at Powell football than the rest of the state does. Mike is a good coach and I wish him the best but don't expect to much, especially this year.
Daddy #62 Wrote:this is some funny stuff. mike whitaker is one of the best coach in the state. ever team he has coach he has turn there progam around. in other word HE GET THE JOB DONE!!!!:ChairHit:
Actually that might be some copyright infringement on Eric C. Conn since he is the one who Get's The Job Done. LOL
Powell has never had a hire like this. The administration at Powell has proved ENOUGH IS ENOUGH with the hire of Mike Whitaker. MIke Whitaker is one of the best offensive minded coaches in Kentucky. He was at Christian co. last year and had 4 players go D-1. Tandy the Qb and MVP from the KY./TENN allstar game was a Mike Whitaker player.
Tim Couch set the National passing recoed under Mike Whitaker. Powell county has never had a hire like this one in any sport. They wanna win over there so they did what they had to do and went out and got the best offensive coach in the state of Kentucky.
Those guys are elite players. Who does Powell have that will be considered an elite player this year.
Great players can make the coach look awfully good.
:Thumbs:
FBALL Wrote:Great players can make the coach look awfully good.