Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle. 35. Ballard. 21
smoke1015 Wrote:Is Junction City considered Boyle county? If so, make that a 3-1 record for me vs Boyle. Talk about cheap shots, 2 parents came over to curse out our 6th graders in the corner of the end zone. It's Ok, I manned up on them and made them go to their own sidline. Later on I found their names and went and beat their mail boxes off the post for about a 6 month period. Good memories...

Don’t waste my time with your immature posts.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Don’t waste my time with your immature posts.

"Immature"? Facts my man. I'm 2-1 vs Boyle in my career. I'm retired now, so, just do this when you see my posts...:notworthy
smoke1015 Wrote:"Immature"? Facts my man. I'm 2-1 vs Boyle in my career. I'm retired now, so, just do this when you see my posts...:notworthy

Not true.
FoSho Wrote:Not true.

Well I didn't beat anyone's mailbox up, so yeah.
smoke1015 Wrote:"Immature"? Facts my man. I'm 2-1 vs Boyle in my career. I'm retired now, so, just do this when you see my posts...:notworthy

You’re working real hard to get added to my ignore list.
I’ve got a question.

Is the bartelson kid from Danville related to the one Boyle county had or has? Both are good atheletes.

Did you all see the male vs Ballard score? I know there’s a gap between 6A and 3A but I didn’t think it was the big. Dang!!
Hound05 Wrote:I’ve got a question.

Is the bartelson kid from Danville related to the one Boyle county had or has? Both are good atheletes.

Did you all see the male vs Ballard score? I know there’s a gap between 6A and 3A but I didn’t think it was the big. Dang!!

They are not related.

I did and spoke with someone about that game and was told that the Ballard kids mailed it in during that game.

Who knows how the top 4 3A teams would fare against Male, Trinity, St X, etc. I believe they could hold their own.

My new Top 5 3A is:

1.) Boyle Co
2.) Corbin
3.) Central
4.) Belfry
5.) LexCath
Chuck Smith has this team rolling. I can't help but think his time at UK as a LB coach made him a better coach. He may build a bigger dynasty this time around.
Don Draper Wrote:Chuck Smith has this team rolling. I can't help but think his time at UK as a LB coach made him a better coach. He may build a bigger dynasty this time around.

You could be right but that’s a tough act to repeat.
FoSho Wrote:They are not related.

I did and spoke with someone about that game and was told that the Ballard kids mailed it in during that game.

Who knows how the top 4 3A teams would fare against Male, Trinity, St X, etc. I believe they could hold their own.

My new Top 5 3A is:

1.) Boyle Co
2.) Corbin
3.) Central
4.) Belfry
5.) LexCath

I agree with ya on your new rankings. But I don’t think the top 4 3A teams could hold their own vs the top 6A teams. At least not trinity, male, or st x. Now after that. Yea I think we could easily hold our own. Might not win. But we’d keep it respectable if not close.

Even in 6A you have different tiers. That’s why Trinity and St. X play out of state. It’s just a whole other level and speed with them. But that’s fine, I LOVE our team and I’m sure you loves yours and would trade any of them.
Hound05 Wrote:I agree with ya on your new rankings. But I don’t think the top 4 3A teams could hold their own vs the top 6A teams. At least not trinity, male, or st x. Now after that. Yea I think we could easily hold our own. Might not win. But we’d keep it respectable if not close.

Even in 6A you have different tiers. That’s why Trinity and St. X play out of state. It’s just a whole other level and speed with them. But that’s fine, I LOVE our team and I’m sure you loves yours and would trade any of them.

I'll say this....if DeSales can beat St X I have no doubt the Top 4 3A teams could. And I'm not so sure T is as good as they've been. Male? Who knows?
FoSho Wrote:I'll say this....if DeSales can beat St X I have no doubt the Top 4 3A teams could. And I'm not so sure T is as good as they've been. Male? Who knows?

Very valid points. I forgot about DeSales. But X was also without their QB. I’ll be the first to tell you that if- God forbid- our QB was out, we would drop off substanitally. Trinity I believe, record is misleading. That’s some nationally ranked teams they’re losing to. And one they should have beat. But at the same time we are in a weird year, where 3A is very strong while 6A is down a tad. I still haven’t seen much info on 5A schools, but I’d put corbin and Boyle up there with any 4A school. Either way, it’s a great time to be a Hound and a Rebel
Jack Lambert Wrote:You’re working real hard to get added to my ignore list.

:biglmao:Hell you better just hope myself and the rest of us youth league coach's never come back out of retirement...:biglmao:
FoSho Wrote:I'll say this....if DeSales can beat St X I have no doubt the Top 4 3A teams could. And I'm not so sure T is as good as they've been. Male? Who knows?

St. X has lost to 2A (DeSales) and 3A (Central) teams recently. Male goes up and down in terms of talent and they could lose during a 'down' or 'middling' year.

Trinity? I'll believe when I see it.
Hound05 Wrote:Very valid points. I forgot about DeSales. But X was also without their QB. I’ll be the first to tell you that if- God forbid- our QB was out, we would drop off substanitally. Trinity I believe, record is misleading. That’s some nationally ranked teams they’re losing to. And one they should have beat. But at the same time we are in a weird year, where 3A is very strong while 6A is down a tad. I still haven’t seen much info on 5A schools, but I’d put corbin and Boyle up there with any 4A school. Either way, it’s a great time to be a Hound and a Rebel

Same with our QB. He is underrated IMO. Kid runs the team unlike a HS QB. He's 20+ lbs heavier and is very accurate. He has a very bright future.

I am CONVINCED that Corbin and Boyle County are on a collision course Thanksgiving Weekend and it'll be a blast. I love the atmosphere those teams carry with them and I look forward to getting to playoff time to see how it all shakes out.

I just hope for healthy kids this season for all teams.
CarzyRock Wrote:St. X has lost to 2A (DeSales) and 3A (Central) teams recently. Male goes up and down in terms of talent and they could lose during a 'down' or 'middling' year.

You'll believe what when you see it with Trinity?
FoSho Wrote:Same with our QB. He is underrated IMO. Kid runs the team unlike a HS QB. He's 20+ lbs heavier and is very accurate. He has a very bright future.

I am CONVINCED that Corbin and Boyle County are on a collision course Thanksgiving Weekend and it'll be a blast. I love the atmosphere those teams carry with them and I look forward to getting to playoff time to see how it all shakes out.

underated YES! he is a baller and phenomenal. Things to work on YES, he only goes to the one and doesn't check down. Ballard game threw into double coverage with a guy wide open for 6 points, twice. Always something to work on
Jack Lambert Wrote:You’re working real hard to get added to my ignore list.

You are now at the top of my ignore list.
CarzyRock Wrote:St. X has lost to 2A (DeSales) and 3A (Central) teams recently. Male goes up and down in terms of talent and they could lose during a 'down' or 'middling' year.

I think Male wins 6A this year.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I think Male wins 6A this year.

I think Trinity will win, but Male winning another title is very possible. They are a good football program and should never be underestimated.
FoSho Wrote:You'll believe what when you see it with Trinity?

When I see Trinity beaten by a 3A team, I'll believe they can be beaten by a 3A team. I'll even believe if Trinity is beaten by a team that lost to a 3A team given that there are no 3A teams on the Trinity schedule.
CarzyRock Wrote:When I see Trinity beaten by a 3A team, I'll believe they can be beaten by a 3A team. I'll even believe if Trinity is beaten by a team that lost to a 3A team given that there are no 3A teams on the Trinity schedule.

We'll never know. 😉
CarzyRock Wrote:When I see Trinity beaten by a 3A team, I'll believe they can be beaten by a 3A team. I'll even believe if Trinity is beaten by a team that lost to a 3A team given that there are no 3A teams on the Trinity schedule.

No disrespect to Trinity but they absolutely had no defense against Warren Central Friday night.
CarzyRock Wrote:I think Trinity will win, but Male winning another title is very possible. They are a good football program and should never be underestimated.

I think it’s Male’s year and defense will be the difference.
Jack Lambert Wrote:No disrespect to Trinity but they absolutely had no defense against Warren Central Friday night.

Trinity's defense does need some work, but it's early in the year and Warren Central will probably be the best offense they see all season so I'm not worried about that.

Quote:I think it’s Male’s year and defense will be the difference.

Male hasn't had their defense tested by a good team yet, so I'd be leery of claiming that they excel at it this early in the season.
FoSho Wrote:Same with our QB. He is underrated IMO. Kid runs the team unlike a HS QB. He's 20+ lbs heavier and is very accurate. He has a very bright future.

Yea I remember him last year. He almost seemed like UK’s QB last year. More accurate on deep balls than short passes. But the WR’s and his timing were spot on! So that helped with short passes and across the middle. All were very good athletes. The thing that still impressed me more than anything about you guys last year was the Oline.
CarzyRock Wrote:Trinity's defense does need some work, but it's early in the year and Warren Central will probably be the best offense they see all season so I'm not worried about that.

Male hasn't had their defense tested by a good team yet, so I'd be leery of claiming that they excel at it this early in the season.

Fair enough.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You are now at the top of my ignore list.

Is that better or worse than at the bottom?
smoke1015 Wrote:Is that better or worse than at the bottom?

Fair question Jack? I'm not really sure myself. 😂
FoSho Wrote:Fair question Jack? I'm not really sure myself. 😂

I'm all about being fair...I'm really not sure why I made anyone mad. I mean the fact I helped coach D-line for a 2nd grade victory over Boyle (on their homefield), then lost to them at home 2 years later on a horrible dreary rainy day where both teams fumbled about 22 times a piece, and Woodlawn happened to fall on a fumble in the endzone to secure the 6-0 win...and then we beat them on the big Rebel Stadium field in 6th grade by 4 TDS, perfect conditions in front of a packed house of...at least 100 people...I mean nothing I said was a lie. The 2 guys from Junction City at the beginning of the year that were cussing our 5th and 6th grade players, etc.. All true. I didn't beat their mail boxes down was the only fabrication, at all...:-D Nothing to be mad at. 2-1, BABY, and I went into retirement along with our head coach who was elected mayor shortly after. Coincidence? I think not! Beating BOyle county is a big deal, even if they are 6th grade! :-)