Top Players in the 14th for 07-08
A Decent Lineman Wrote:In no order:
1. Michael Campbell-Hazard
2. Randy Lewis-Hazard
3. Chris Puckett-Jenkins
4. Zach Hurt-Cordia
5. Tate Cox-JBS

Randy Lewis over Clark Stepp and Zach Gay??? No wayy
JOBAKKA Wrote:Collins is a quality kid but as a Bball player he is just tall and thati s his best asset. He will not get any touches next year anyway. The Stepp show will be in full force next year. The Crusaders season will be a full blown press release on the greatness of one Clark ( I am the best player in the state ) Stepp.
Short will have the same problem.
Zach Gay will bee premier big man, with Travis Smith coming in second. I like the Cox kid from JBS to be the POY in the region( if given the oppurtunity) or if he pays somewhere else he will be the best in the region.
One player will get ALL the recognition next year at JBS. Everyone else will be used to make him look good. A waste of a lot of good talent.
fly on the wall Wrote:One player will get ALL the recognition next year at JBS. Everyone else will be used to make him look good. A waste of a lot of good talent.

You are correct. Nobodies fault but the parents and players that put up with it. With the couple of Sr. gone, it will be the Clark and Clint show. Everybody else will be role players. Rebound the ball and give it to one of the two to shoot.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:In no order:
1. Michael Campbell-Hazard
2. Randy Lewis-Hazard
3. Chris Puckett-Jenkins
4. Zach Hurt-Cordia
5. Tate Cox-JBS
Noone from Hazard, Hicks was it.
Why would anybody on the JBS team want to leave, especially Cox? Hello, he was a freshman; Stepp a junior. And contrary to your ever so smart opinions, Clark Stepp is a very, very good player and is one of the main reasons their team made it to the state tournament. Do you in all honesty think they would have gotten there without him? They have many good players on their team, but if you've ever really watched them, they all consistantly play better when Clark's having a good game. He is their leader. And Cox, well this year he will have a chance to be seen by college coaches, because there will be college coaches watching Stepp. And excuse me, where else is Cox going to be on the floor every minute of every game? Not Shelby Valley. Clark will be gone after next year, and Tate will be the starting point guard at JBS. And he will have already gotten the chance to be seen by college coaches. Where else is he going to have that opportunity?
KCC be a better fit
I personally think that Chris Puckett is the top player in the region for next year. He almost single handedly defeated JBS in the district this year but fell short. If he was on a bigger and better team, not only would he recieve more recognition but the team might make it to Rupp. Unfortunately not every good player in this region has daddys and uncles to help get their names out, esp to WYMT.
Why, don't they know who their Daddy and Uncles are? I guess their Daddy and Uncles can do the same thing anybody else's Daddy and Uncles supposedly do.
Yeah, right, and I guess Stuart Stamper's gonna sit on the bench. Well, if not him, somebody's gonna have to.
Benchwarmer Wrote:You are correct. Nobodies fault but the parents and players that put up with it. With the couple of Sr. gone, it will be the Clark and Clint show. Everybody else will be role players. Rebound the ball and give it to one of the two to shoot.
Yeah, it's a shame those parents and players had to put up with it. I bet they wished they didn't have to put up with it when JBS won the WYMT and the 14th Region Tournament and had to go play at state. I bet they wished those Stepp boys that don't do anything for their team never got to play.
Extra Strength Wrote:Why would anybody on the JBS team want to leave, especially Cox? Hello, he was a freshman; Stepp a junior. And contrary to your ever so smart opinions, Clark Stepp is a very, very good player and is one of the main reasons their team made it to the state tournament. Do you in all honesty think they would have gotten there without him? They have many good players on their team, but if you've ever really watched them, they all consistantly play better when Clark's having a good game. He is their leader. And Cox, well this year he will have a chance to be seen by college coaches, because there will be college coaches watching Stepp. And excuse me, where else is Cox going to be on the floor every minute of every game? Not Shelby Valley. Clark will be gone after next year, and Tate will be the starting point guard at JBS. And he will have already gotten the chance to be seen by college coaches. Where else is he going to have that opportunity?
I think Stepp could have made it to the state tournament by his self.
Extra Strength Wrote:Yeah, it's a shame those parents and players had to put up with it. I bet they wished they didn't have to put up with it when JBS won the WYMT and the 14th Region Tournament and had to go play at state. I bet they wished those Stepp boys that don't do anything for their team never got to play.
Those Stepp boys do EVERYTHING for their team. One to pass it in and one to do the rest. One should consider them selves LUCKY to stand in the shadow of either Stepp.
Extra Strength Wrote:Why would anybody on the JBS team want to leave, especially Cox? Hello, he was a freshman; Stepp a junior. And contrary to your ever so smart opinions, Clark Stepp is a very, very good player and is one of the main reasons their team made it to the state tournament. Do you in all honesty think they would have gotten there without him? They have many good players on their team, but if you've ever really watched them, they all consistantly play better when Clark's having a good game. He is their leader. And Cox, well this year he will have a chance to be seen by college coaches, because there will be college coaches watching Stepp. And excuse me, where else is Cox going to be on the floor every minute of every game? Not Shelby Valley. Clark will be gone after next year, and Tate will be the starting point guard at JBS. And he will have already gotten the chance to be seen by college coaches. Where else is he going to have that opportunity?
I think there are other places where a player could play point and get all the playing time they want. Now there may not be any other place where you could by chance be seen by college coaches when they come to look at Stepp. That would be such an honor for a college coach to accidently see a player.
nothing but net Wrote:I think there are other places where a player could play point and get all the playing time they want. Now there may not be any other place where you could by chance be seen by college coaches when they come to look at Stepp. That would be such an honor for a college coach to accidently see a player.
Well, they wouldn't have the "honor" of "accidently" being seen by a college coach as underclassmen if they didn't have a senior who was being watched by the college coaches, now would they? As I recall, a college coach came to watch last year, and Cox and Short were the stand-outs in that game. You never know what "accidently" might bring you!
Extra Strength Wrote:Well, they wouldn't have the "honor" of "accidently" being seen by a college coach as underclassmen if they didn't have a senior who was being watched by the college coaches, now would they? As I recall, a college coach came to watch last year, and Cox and Short were the stand-outs in that game. You never know what "accidently" might bring you!
Well how did that happen? Is that why they moved the players around out of their position? One kid was 8th in the state in free throws in the 8th grade. This year he didn't get the ball enough to get fouled.
Collins never got a pass, he was used to set screens for Stepp and he is just 6'9". Good place for a big man. Nobody knows how good that kid is who saw hom play for JBS. He is D1. You may think he is just tall, but you haven't seen him play where they pass him the ball.
Extra Strength Wrote:Well, they wouldn't have the "honor" of "accidently" being seen by a college coach as underclassmen if they didn't have a senior who was being watched by the college coaches, now would they? As I recall, a college coach came to watch last year, and Cox and Short were the stand-outs in that game. You never know what "accidently" might bring you!
It is such a great priviledge to be in a place where you are considered nothing in comparison to some one else and maybe someone might see you because of his greatness.
Not everybody's daddy and uncles can pay for all the advertisement of sports overtime and get them to annouce their kid was poy of the region when in all reality, he wasn't.
watchinthegame Wrote:Not everybody's daddy and uncles can pay for all the advertisement of sports overtime and get them to annouce their kid was poy of the region when in all reality, he wasn't.
Here we go with the lies and accusations again. I think the people at WYMT should certainly take offense to your accusations that they are "paid off" to vote someone poy, when, in fact, it was voted on by the coaches--people who actually know something about the game of basketball, and know when someone is a good player.
jumpshot Wrote:It is such a great priviledge to be in a place where you are considered nothing in comparison to some one else and maybe someone might see you because of his greatness.
No one who plays for JBS or is a JBS fan, parent, etc. thinks that any of their players are "nothing." It's you trouble makers who want to start your crap on this website and hope that it will cause a problem with the JBS players because in reality, you don't know what you're talking about and you just want to cause problems for a team that you really hope doesnt win!
Extra Strength Wrote:No one who plays for JBS or is a JBS fan, parent, etc. thinks that any of their players are "nothing." It's you trouble makers who want to start your crap on this website and hope that it will cause a problem with the JBS players because in reality, you don't know what you're talking about and you just want to cause problems for a team that you really hope doesnt win!
You cause your own problems. Believe me, you don't need any help in that department.
I know exactly what I am talking about and I know who is the poy for the second yr. extra strength =cs. Chris Puckett is the man next season!
Extra Strength Wrote:Here we go with the lies and accusations again. I think the people at WYMT should certainly take offense to your accusations that they are "paid off" to vote someone poy, when, in fact, it was voted on by the coaches--people who actually know something about the game of basketball, and know when someone is a good player.
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX...tstart.gif] [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif] Hicks Voted POY by 14th Reg Coaches Assoc
Justin Hicks was voted POY for the second consective year by the 14th region Coaches Association. Hicks recieved 9 first place votes and 118 pts. Zach Gay was second with 1 first place vote and 79 pts. Clark Stepp finished 3rd with 1 first place vote and 69 pts.

Congrats to Hicks. :p
Extra Strength Wrote:Yeah, right, and I guess Stuart Stamper's gonna sit on the bench. Well, if not him, somebody's gonna have to.
Well they lost three seniors so they have a couple of spots open without having to sit someone and Im sure he could play point there, his natural position.
jumpshot Wrote:You cause your own problems. Believe me, you don't need any help in that department.
Yelp, they caused their own problems right to the 14th region championship. Sure hope they can cause the same problems next year.
nobody Wrote:[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX...tstart.gif] [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif] Hicks Voted POY by 14th Reg Coaches Assoc
Justin Hicks was voted POY for the second consective year by the 14th region Coaches Association. Hicks recieved 9 first place votes and 118 pts. Zach Gay was second with 1 first place vote and 79 pts. Clark Stepp finished 3rd with 1 first place vote and 69 pts.

Congrats to Hicks. :p
Yes, Congrats to Justin; he is very deserving of the honor. That's not the same poll I was talking about, though. The poll I was talking about was the WYMT Coaches Poll, which polls coaches in all the WYMT viewing area, not just coaches in the 14th region. Clark Stepp won that poll. And the argument for me is not who won or didn't win--I agree with whoever the coaches vote for in whatever poll. The argument was that WYMT "lied" about the way he was chosen, in other words, that WYMT engages in unethical practices.
NightFlier Wrote:Well they lost three seniors so they have a couple of spots open without having to sit someone and Im sure he could play point there, his natural position.
Oh, my bad, I thought Stuart Stamper played point at KCC. So what is his "natural position?"
Folks, maybe ya'll need to look back over the history of JBS basketball. As long as Clark and Tate have played on the same team, Clark has been the starting point guard, so why would any of this be anything new to Tate? The only thing that's new is that Clark has been receiving lots of attention--hello, he is an upperclassman. When Clark was a freshman, he got honorable mention in state, just like Tate has done as a freshman. Tate will get his attention, too, as he gets older, and better. The only problem I see between Clark and Tate is there are people in the community who would love nothing better than to see JBS basketball fall apart, so they try to create tension between these two boys. Why, because you can't stand it that JBS is winning. And Tate is a big part of that winning, so it would really make you happy to see them fall apart. But who's it gonna hurt in the long run if he leaves? Tate.
Extra Strength Wrote:Oh, my bad, I thought Stuart Stamper played point at KCC. So what is his "natural position?"
Folks, maybe ya'll need to look back over the history of JBS basketball. As long as Clark and Tate have played on the same team, Clark has been the starting point guard, so why would any of this be anything new to Tate? The only thing that's new is that Clark has been receiving lots of attention--hello, he is an upperclassman. When Clark was a freshman, he got honorable mention in state, just like Tate has done as a freshman. Tate will get his attention, too, as he gets older, and better. The only problem I see between Clark and Tate is there are people in the community who would love nothing better than to see JBS basketball fall apart, so they try to create tension between these two boys. Why, because you can't stand it that JBS is winning. And Tate is a big part of that winning, so it would really make you happy to see them fall apart. But who's it gonna hurt in the long run if he leaves? Tate.

This has nothing to do with people in the community breaking apart JBS. Cuz as far as that goes JBS Coaching Staff has done that to theirselves. The coaches making Clark stand out above the rest is killing that team... Clark is a good player, but he looks that much better with help from Collins, Short, Brent Hall, and with an outstanding player like Tate Cox helping them actually win. Clark gets his average so he can "look good" and Tate and the gang scraps up enough points to help JBS go to State. I don't want to see JBS fall apart cuz i love seeing the underdog win Region. However, I would like to watch the game of basketball be played how it was meant to be played. Your best 5 players against the other teams best 5!!! That is great that college coaches come to see Clark as long as they are notified bout the other talent too. You can't just go bragging bout the best player in the state when you have an all-star lineup as well to mention. From a coaching perspective, a coach should be more proud to see all of his players have a basketball career at the next level instead of just one, excuse me two Stepps. The COACHES should care more bout their entire team instead of their nephews, and there prolly would NOT be any talk of Tate leaving that school! :ChairHit: :closed:
It will be Tate Cox if he transfers and if not it will be split between him or Clark Stepp because Cox couldnt get the ball enough
Extra Strength Wrote:Yelp, they caused their own problems right to the 14th region championship. Sure hope they can cause the same problems next year.
How can you be so dense? Clark Stepp is a great player, but he did not get to the sweet 16 all by his self. And you only played one game [can't brag about that one] There is NOBODY who could break that team up if the other players were given a little credit and the ball sometimes.