Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfers in the 14th & 15th?
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Heard that the older brother was staying at Paintsville also. I guess the Khsaa will have to rule the younger Moore ineligible for next season and he will have to sit a year. They set precedent with Kash Daniel being ruled ineligible when he transferred to Pikeville because his sister was still at Paintsville and wasn’t moving. He ended up going back because that was the only chance of playing without sitting a year or his sister moving.

if they are still together. it is funny one kids left one school for another school. with there brother or sister staying that the other school.
cj2561 Wrote:if they are still together. it is funny one kids left one school for another school. with there brother or sister staying that the other school.

The parents are still together. Saw them recently and also have friends that are close to them. Mason, the younger brother, was USED for the mother to get a job.That’s why one brother is staying and one is leaving. It’s pretty obvious.
TRex34 Wrote:The parents are still together. Saw them recently and also have friends that are close to them. Mason, the younger brother, was USED for the mother to get a job.That’s why one brother is staying and one is leaving. It’s pretty obvious.

"USED" is a pretty strong word.
OffTheHook Wrote:No they aren't.

I grew up with the mother all through grade school and high school.
Known her and her family my entire life.
She is a Johnson Central Grad.

His dad is a Rowan County High School graduate. From my understanding.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/2er44d.jpg] Triple Wowza! Christmas arrived early in Hindmy baby! This what ole Fatpat talking about brutha! Ole Fatpat looked over at the entourage and they was grinning like a possum eating a sweet tater baby! War room staff been as busy as a one-legged cat in a sandbox bruh! #warcry #loadeduptaterstyle More mash taters please!!!
It was reported last night that Brady Dingess is transferring to Paintsville. They should be happy after losing Mason Moore they are getting the best point guard in the 15th region. Paintsville will be the team to beat this year with Dingess leading his team on the floor.
Is Paintsville's point guard from last year no longer a member of team? If he is, cannot see him just turning over his position to an outsider.
BallFan1952 Wrote:It was reported last night that Brady Dingess is transferring to Paintsville. They should be happy after losing Mason Moore they are getting the best point guard in the 15th region. Paintsville will be the team to beat this year with Dingess leading his team on the floor.

^ Adding a D1 talent like "White Chocolate 2.0" to their roster will push them out of reach of everyone else... Confusednicker:
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/2er44d.jpg] Triple Wowza! Christmas arrived early in Hindmy baby! This what ole Fatpat talking about brutha! Ole Fatpat looked over at the entourage and they was grinning like a possum eating a sweet tater baby! War room staff been as busy as a one-legged cat in a sandbox bruh! #warcry #loadeduptaterstyle More mash taters please!!!

Darron Whitaker from Leslie...
WinkWinkler Wrote:Is Paintsville's point guard from last year no longer a member of team? If he is, cannot see him just turning over his position to an outsider.

Dingess will be Paintville's best player and leading scorer this year, its the way he plays. Coach Slone is lucky to get a real D1 caliber point guard like Dingess after losing Mason Moore to Rowan county. Now that Dingess is at Paintsville there no telling who else may transfer to play with him?
If this is true, then Sheldon Clark is in a world of trouble.
WinkWinkler Wrote:If this is true, then Sheldon Clark is in a world of trouble.

Sheldon Clark was in a world of trouble last year
Will this impact the big kid staying or leaving? Will they attempt to get a replacement that can get the ball down the court?
WinkWinkler Wrote:If this is true, then Sheldon Clark is in a world of trouble.
That's the thing... they were 11-20 last year WITH "White Chocolate 2.0" and Trey James in a very weak 15th region...
Did Coach Slone give the dad a coaching position?
After doing a little digging today, discovered that this is going to be terrible decision for this kid. The Moore kid left the program due to some issues that will also plague him.
WinkWinkler Wrote:After doing a little digging today, discovered that this is going to be terrible decision for this kid. The Moore kid left the program due to some issues that will also plague him.

Really dude?????

PLEASE...LOL
WinkWinkler Wrote:After doing a little digging today, discovered that this is going to be terrible decision for this kid. The Moore kid left the program due to some issues that will also plague him.

Lol you’re digging in the wrong places. The Moore kid left because his dad thinks he’s the only player that should shoot the ball. Dingess is going to have a lot higher ceiling than Moore. You may say this is a terrible decision now, but let’s talk in March and see who benefitted more from their move. Paintsville has some very positive things going for them. I can see why others may be worried.
TRex34 Wrote:Lol you’re digging in the wrong places. The Moore kid left because his dad thinks he’s the only player that should shoot the ball. Dingess is going to have a lot higher ceiling than Moore. You may say this is a terrible decision now, but let’s talk in March and see who benefitted more from their move. Paintsville has some very positive things going for them. I can see why others may be worried.

Paintsville was a really good team last year and should be a good team this year. Coach Slone has a team with a lot of talented players and they all seem to be fine young men, however no one player makes a team but they can certainly help in a big way. We all know some players are team players and some players are not and this is has always been a slippery slope for coaches to determine which players are the best fit for the team and sometimes they find all that glitters is not gold. You are right about March and I think this should be a exciting year for basketball in the 15th region.
Look forward to revisiting in March. Should be interesting to see how it unfolds.
Rowan County's baseball team will be one of the top teams in eastern ky and the favorite in the 16th Region next year. The pitching staff will be one of the best in the state. Another good reason why Moore might have transferred to Rowan.
TRex34 Wrote:Lol you’re digging in the wrong places. The Moore kid left because his dad thinks he’s the only player that should shoot the ball. Dingess is going to have a lot higher ceiling than Moore. You may say this is a terrible decision now, but let’s talk in March and see who benefitted more from their move. Paintsville has some very positive things going for them. I can see why others may be worried.
I don't know about all that... Moore was one of the top players in the 15th OVERALL as a freshman last year. He's 6'4"-6'5" and can flat play. Moore just don't have the cool "nickname" Dingess does... no matter how far fetched it may be... Confusednicker:
so how many kids that play for Paintsville are actually a product of Paintsville feeder school, Landon Slone is a really good coach but evidently an even better recruiter
Hookedonhoops Wrote:so how many kids that play for Paintsville are actually a product of Paintsville feeder school, Landon Slone is a really good coach but evidently an even better recruiter

I think some of the Adam's MS kids may have come for the baseball program first and they just happened to be good basketball players too. Landon Slone is a good coach but so is Walt Crace and he has built a strong baseball program in a short time. I guess Paintsville was the winner and Prestonsburg or Floyd Central were the losers in this deal.
Hookedonhoops Wrote:so how many kids that play for Paintsville are actually a product of Paintsville feeder school, Landon Slone is a really good coach but evidently an even better recruiter

Not jealous or envious. Oh wait, here you are commenting negatively about Paintsville again.

Colby Fugate
Jaxson Watts
Karsten Poe
That’s the only players on Paintsville’s roster that aren’t from Paintsville. They’re from a town 15 minutes away. Any other questions HookedonHoops?
Is there another kid coming to Paintsville with the Dingess kid?
Creeker Wrote:^ Adding a D1 talent like "White Chocolate 2.0" to their roster will push them out of reach of everyone else... Confusednicker:

Are you serious!
BallFan1952 Wrote:Dingess will be Paintville's best player and leading scorer this year, its the way he plays. Coach Slone is lucky to get a real D1 caliber point guard like Dingess after losing Mason Moore to Rowan county. Now that Dingess is at Paintsville there no telling who else may transfer to play with him?

If leaking out waiting on an outlet pass is the way he plays then YES.:welcome:
Welcome Wrote:Are you serious!
If you've looked at my other posts in regards to the "White Chocolate 2.0" nonsense, you'd realize it was sarcastic. Confusednicker:
Panthers Dominate Wrote:Heard that the older brother was staying at Paintsville also. I guess the Khsaa will have to rule the younger Moore ineligible for next season and he will have to sit a year. They set precedent with Kash Daniel being ruled ineligible when he transferred to Pikeville because his sister was still at Paintsville and wasn’t moving. He ended up going back because that was the only chance of playing without sitting a year or his sister moving.

Not trying to speak to any individual kid's situation, and will preface this by saying that I personally know none of the kids mentioned in this thread or anything about them, but as to the bolded, I would imagine that, from a pure policy standpoint, this would be impossible to apply as a blanket rule.

Could see a situation where parents are divorced and one (or more) of the children is of age to decide which parent they want to reside with necessitating an exception.

Know the publicly available information for a kid who transferred from a private (which is notoriously tough on letting kids who try to transfer out do so and has shown time and time again that they will do whatever they can to throw roadblocks in their way) to a public which was some of their stiffest competition. Kid was initially ruled ineligible and it got overturned because he had a learning disability and parents argued that the public had more resources in place for his needs.

Personally, I know of situations where a family has moved, and because one kid was about to finish their senior year (and only had that year remaining), they made arrangements to stay in their system while other siblings enrolled at a new school. The situation had absolutely nothing to do with sports either.

Just too many scenarios like the those above that would allow exceptions. Obviously, when their former school is arguing that a transfer wasn't legitimate, siblings remaining in the original school would be suggestive and a factor to be considered, but I'm not sure that alone would determinative.