Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 73 Scott County 55 (2018 Sweet 16 Championship)
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:I was totally wrong there have been 11 in 25 years forgot Long, Ivey, Gilbert: Cunningham,Haddix born and raised never moved- Jenkins? He maybe played 1-2 games. Kind of confused on Shotwell I almost sure he played MS ball in SCMS- You do no your stuff JokerWild- that's what I like about you and Rojas you guys do your research before posting stuff- half the people that post do not have a clue what they are talking about

Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Not to be confused- A transfer to me is if they moved schools after their 9th grade year- So In my eyes Ivey wouldn't be a transfer, Cunningham played 8th at Sayre and 9th at Scott County, but he never moved from the county, so he could go either way- Kind of high jacked the topic- but congrats again to Cov. Catholic- I think if they played 10 times Cov. Catch would win 7

Appreciate it.

I definitely know what you are saying about Haddix, Cunningham, Shotwell, etc.

I do know that Haddix attended Lexington Catholic for at least Middle School, even though he was probably born in Scott County and went to school there early, left for a year, and then came back. If anything, he's more of a transfer to Lexington Catholic, but I think that part of the reason he had to sit for his senior year was related to his time at Lexington Catholic (I don't know this for 100% certain, but it sounded like he was eligible to play at Lexington Catholic the whole time he was there, but once he left, they decided his grades weren't up to par... i.e., might have given some the impression that he was punished for leaving [and going back to a rival], as things seemed to be fine while he was playing for them... but I could be wrong on that).

I know that Cunningham went to a number of different schools. I think that Sayre (can't recall if it was for middle school or high school) was one, and know that Scott County, Henry Clay, and Cordia were others. At one time, Sayre had an insanely talented collection of players in the Lexington area on the same middle school team (Cunningham, Jordan Green from Henry Clay/Georgetown College, and a few others... hopefully someone can help me out on that one).

I think that Shotwell might have been a local kid who later went to LCA, then came back, but it was during his time in High School and he had to set a year. IIRC, he won a state title in track doing high jump (maybe even qualifying for State at both LCA and Scott County).
Haddix got promoted to the 9th grade, but parents wanted him to repeat the 8th- that's the reason why didn't get to play Sr year(Haddix was one of main reason PJ Wash came to UK- he coached him in HS)--- Tanner has a brother that is currently a good High Jumper on the track team- don't think Tanner ever ran track
Also Dakari Johnson would have been on that Sayre team- Think about that-WOW
RealJokersWild24 Wrote:At least 15.

1. Rick Jones (Corbin)
2. Scott Hundley (Dunbar)
3. Rodney Haddix (Lexington Catholic)
4. Ge'lawn Guyn (Henry Clay)
5. Tanner Shotwell (LCA)
6. Christen Cunningham (Sayre?/Henry Clay)
7. Austin Flannery (Boone County)
8. Chad Jackson (Rose Hill)
9. Dakotah Euton (Rose Hill)
10. Isaiah Ivey (Frankfort)
11. Trent Gilbert (Wolfe County)
12. Raekwon Long (North Carolina)
13. Teddy Ware (Henry Clay)
14. DJ Jenkins (Harrison County)
15. Diablo Stewart (Franklin County)

Don't know exactly what criteria you are using, but for kids like Trent Gilbert, he played on the varsity team at Wolfe County High School, though as a middle schooler, so I'd count him. For kids like Haddix or Shotwell, they may have originally been from Scott County (I honestly don't know), but part of Haddix losing his eligibility as a Senior was tied to his days at Lexington Catholic and I think Shotwell also had to sit after transferring from LCA. Not 100% sure on exactly when Ivey came, but can say that he was probably being counted on to be in one of the Franklin County schools as late as middle school (unsure if he played any varsity or exactly when he came). Regardless, there are still more than 7-10 however you slice it.

Matt Walls...Hometown kid or recruit?
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Matt Walls...Hometown kid or recruit?

Don't think I ever used the word "recruit". Some of the kids even grew up in Scott County and attended school there for most of their careers, save a few years (Haddix, Shotwell, etc.). Not aware of Walls ever transferring.

Scott County has a lot of qualities that will make parents want to send their children there. I'm in favor of parents being able to send their children to the school of their choice.
Matt Walls, born and raised
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Matt Walls, born and raised

Thank you. Just wondering. He was a good player.