Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County Open
chs crazy Wrote:Listen I’ve got the utmost respect for Chuck Smith and your team but let’s not get carried away here. Yes Pulaski was down last year but they went to three state finals in the years before and they absolutely have a lot of talent coming up. Do I think Chuck Smith leaves for Pulaski no I don’t, do I think they’ll have trouble finding a good coach no I don’t and they’ll most likely be right back in contention too. I also am a big Johnny Hines fan congrats to a fine man!!

I'm not a fan of the above.
FoSho Wrote:Trust me when I tell you. They'll bounce back for sure but they want no part of Boyle Co for the next few years.

If they do, they'll be able to schedule us since nobody else will.

😜

You've turned into a Belfry fan. That might sway me away from Boyle County.
Willie Turnover Wrote:According to the Liars club that meets at IGA every morning, Donnie Burdine from South Laurel is going to be the next coach at PC.

I've been impressed with Donnie at South Laurel. He gets the boys to go to war for him.
FoSho Wrote:I missed that he's meaning their 2021 class is as good as Boyle's 2020. I find that really hard to believe.

I know Tristan Cox is good but I guess next year if they have 8 Sophomore starters, their leading passer, receiver, and tackler......get a state championship, the title Game MVP, a Power 5 offer and a 1st team All-State (three different players) then I guess they'll be as good as Boyle's group.

........so I'm sayin' there's a chance. 😬

Who offered?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Can we just agree that the 2020 class in the state of KY is loaded? 2021 class is pretty dang good too.

No. We can't agree.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Can we just agree that the 2020 class in the state of KY is loaded? 2021 class is pretty dang good too.

No. 😉

I'll give them their props on their 2021 class but will defend what our 2020 kids have accomplished over the years.
pjdoug Wrote:Who offered?

Landon Bartleson - Louisville
FoSho Wrote:Landon Bartleson - Louisville

Danke.
FoSho Wrote:But, but, North Pulaski won the middle school state title?!?!

😬

Constantly making depreciating remarks about a middle school state title doesn’t at all change it as an accomplishment, and as insufferable as you can be over the high school championship I’d hate to be on here if you’d won both, but yes they did actually have three classes in a row who won it beginning with the 2020
FoSho Wrote:Last season:

Corbin - 34
Pulaski Co - 7

Corbin - 21
Boyle Co - 40

Boyle Co Sophomores scored ALL non-kicking points in the 3A Title Game.

Again....I'm not saying Pulaski doesn't have a great 2020 class, because they do.

Their junior and senior class from top to bottom last year was pretty bad the way I understand it.
FoSho Wrote:Then I'd say you better stop critiquing high school football.

😳

:eyeroll: Even though Boyle Co won a state championship people are still allowed to have opinions.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You maybe getting carried away about Boyle’s sophomore class from last year if memory serves me right those sophomores scored almost all the points against Corbin in the state title game, I seriously doubt Pulaski has that kind of talent coming in the sophomore class this season.

As I understand it Jack those sophomores had a division 1 senior laden line to play behind something Pulaski’s kids wouldn’t have had last year most their talented lineman were underclassman.
FoSho Wrote:I missed that he's meaning their 2021 class is as good as Boyle's 2020. I find that really hard to believe.

I know Tristan Cox is good but I guess next year if they have 8 Sophomore starters, their leading passer, receiver, and tackler......get a state championship, the title Game MVP, a Power 5 offer and a 1st team All-State (three different players) then I guess they'll be as good as Boyle's group.

........so I'm sayin' there's a chance. 😬

I’m saying they have a lot of talent that was underclassmen last year that could really help them this year and it could possibly be a good game. John Hines won’t be easily replaced either and they could end up like a program did when their hof coach took a job on the UK staff, they didn’t recover until he came back.
FoSho Wrote:No. 😉

I'll give them their props on their 2021 class but will defend what our 2020 kids have accomplished over the years.

Nobody is at all trying to diminish what your kids accomplished, but just because a kid doesn’t get a power 5 offer doesn’t mean he’s not a very good player. I’d take the Johnson kid who just graduated last year from Pulaski over any sophomore on your team, kid just had a will to win and coincidentally enough he won a state title as a sophomore.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not a fan of the above.

I’m crushed Dougie your not a fan of mine :Sad04:
chs crazy Wrote:I’m saying they have a lot of talent that was underclassmen last year that could really help them this year and it could possibly be a good game. John Hines won’t be easily replaced either and they could end up like a program did when their hof coach took a job on the UK staff, they didn’t recover until he came back.
Boyle won state titles in both 2009 and 2010 with Larry French as coach.
Dudley looking for a house on the lake.
Hearing only two names right now. Roberts and Foley. Roberts is the logical hire unless a big name comes in. But PC isn’t going to interested in who doesn’t plan to stay for a while.
I think Foley is the favorite to land the job at this point. He has connections to the players, their families, and the administration. Not to mention Foley has two sugar mommas in Pulaski County that could possibly help him land the job. Plus, PC has not made a quality coaching hire at any sport since John Hines. So, I’d say Foley is a lock. Confusedinglepar
chs crazy Wrote:As I understand it Jack those sophomores had a division 1 senior laden line to play behind something Pulaski’s kids wouldn’t have had last year most their talented lineman were underclassman.

lad·en
/ˈlādn/
adjective
1. heavily loaded or weighed down:
"a tree laden with apples"
synonyms:
loaded, burdened, weighed down, encumbered, overloaded

There was one D1 OL. One. Had a few seniors. We will replace our losses without a doubt.

in·suf·fer·a·ble
/inˈsəf(əWinkrəb(əWinkl/
adjective
1. too extreme to bear; intolerable:
"the heat would be insufferable by July"
synonyms:
intolerable, unbearable, unendurable, insupportable, unacceptable, ... moreantonyms:
bearable

You would know, Corbin fans wrote the BOOK on this. 😜

I give the middle school "State Tourney" a hard time because it's not THE state tourney......it's A state tourney (and a great one at that). But in NO WAY does it give ANYONE the right to talk smack to others that choose not to play in it. Our 2020 did not play in it but was the best middle school team in KY. Clueless fans of other teams on this site have told me over and over how Boyle dodged this tourney. I always said that we have not played in the past because it's too much football because of our conference (and it is...17 games last year was too much...3 in 4 games the last weekend was too much). And then I said, we worry about real KHSAA State titles and it's worked in the past for us to not play in middle school. I was right whether you want to admit it or not.

And above all....keep in mind that this a fan forum. I'm on here to be insufferable and to squash your opinion when it's complete crapola. You give my fingers quite the workout.

😬
jim rome Wrote:I think Foley is the favorite to land the job at this point. He has connections to the players, their families, and the administration. Not to mention Foley has two sugar mommas in Pulaski County that could possibly help him land the job. Plus, PC has not made a quality coaching hire at any sport since John Hines. So, I’d say Foley is a lock. Confusedinglepar

You think he'd leave Taylor Co? He just got there.
pjdoug Wrote:Danke.

Did you just cuss me?
jim rome Wrote:I think Foley is the favorite to land the job at this point. He has connections to the players, their families, and the administration. Not to mention Foley has two sugar mommas in Pulaski County that could possibly help him land the job. Plus, PC has not made a quality coaching hire at any sport since John Hines. So, I’d say Foley is a lock. Confusedinglepar
A lock?? That’s a stretch. One average year with Taylor county and that makes him a lock?? And if anyone has connections it’s Roberts. He’s been with staff and knows every player on the team.
FoSho Wrote:lad·en
/ˈlādn/
adjective
1. heavily loaded or weighed down:
"a tree laden with apples"
synonyms:
loaded, burdened, weighed down, encumbered, overloaded

There was one D1 OL. One. Had a few seniors. We will replace our losses without a doubt.

in·suf·fer·a·ble
/inˈsəf(əWinkrəb(əWinkl/
adjective
1. too extreme to bear; intolerable:
"the heat would be insufferable by July"
synonyms:
intolerable, unbearable, unendurable, insupportable, unacceptable, ... moreantonyms:
bearable

You would know, Corbin fans wrote the BOOK on this. 😜

I give the middle school "State Tourney" a hard time because it's not THE state tourney......it's A state tourney (and a great one at that). But in NO WAY does it give ANYONE the right to talk smack to others that choose not to play in it. Our 2020 did not play in it but was the best middle school team in KY. Clueless fans of other teams on this site have told me over and over how Boyle dodged this tourney. I always said that we have not played in the past because it's too much football because of our conference (and it is...17 games last year was too much...3 in 4 games the last weekend was too much). And then I said, we worry about real KHSAA State titles and it's worked in the past for us to not play in middle school. I was right whether you want to admit it or not.

And above all....keep in mind that this a fan forum. I'm on here to be insufferable and to squash your opinion when it's complete crapola. You give my fingers quite the workout.

😬

Thanks but unlike you I didn’t have to look up the definitions, I knew what they meant when I typed them. :welcome:
chs crazy Wrote:thanks but unlike you i didn’t have to look up the definitions, i knew what they meant when i typed them. :welcome:

40-21
chs crazy Wrote:I’m crushed Dougie your not a fan of mine :Sad04:

There's no crying in...nevermind. that's baseball.
FoSho Wrote:Did you just cuss me?

I said Thank ye in German Smile
pjdoug Wrote:There's no crying in...nevermind. that's baseball.

Confusednicker: Your prolly the only other person on here who’s knows all you need for a fishin trip is a zebco 33, a few pieces of bread, and a six pack of old Milwaukee
chs crazy Wrote:Confusednicker: Your prolly the only other person on here who’s knows all you need for a fishin trip is a zebco 33, a few pieces of bread, and a six pack of old Milwaukee
That'll work. lol
Get a room.