•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2018
Anyone who thinks Dudley Hilton won't have Bell Co. back and in a hurry is in for a big surprise and a lot of disappointment when they play them again
blueandgreen Wrote:Anyone who thinks Dudley Hilton won't have Bell Co. back and in a hurry is in for a big surprise and a lot of disappointment when they play them again

Don't think there will be that much disappointment this year when we play them. But stranger things have happened I guess. But I don't see them getting 40 points better in a year. Also coming from some of their parents players I don't think ole Duds heart is in it as much as it once was. I don't think they meant he's just showing up for a pay check but they did say and you could tell from their stories of this past year that he's not as "in to it" as he was the first go around
The ole dud got 8 points better in less than a month last year against the hounds, its untelling what he can do in a year. Nobody can realistically think the Dud is going to stay down that long. A lotta knowledge between those ears! A big part of Corbin's recent success is their assistants, and those guys were trained up by the one and only Dud.
DarthVader Wrote:The ole dud got 8 points better in less than a month last year against the hounds, its untelling what he can do in a year. Nobody can realistically think the Dud is going to stay down that long. A lotta knowledge between those ears! A big part of Corbin's recent success is their assistants, and those guys were trained up by the one and only Dud.

I'm not so sure that they actually got 8 points better as much as weather and maybe a "focus" matter came into play. But either way, you're right corbin does have some great assistants on staff. But 8 points is a long way from 40 points. It's also crazy to think that just bell will get better while Corbin doesn't. Nothing against bell co, but the regular season game in corbin will be another running clock or close to it. No disrespect, just saying. I wish bell all the luck in the world unless they're playing us. But there will be no disappointment on the home side of the stands this year
Put it this way....there is a reason Dudley dropped them from
his 19-20 schedule as soon as he knew they weren’t in his district. And it has nothing to do with coaching against former assistants. Dudley doesn’t schedule games he doesn’t think will be wins under his name. Will they be better-absolutely. Will he stick around long enough to get to Corbin’s current level - absolutely not. That’s just the truth.
Hound05 Wrote:I'm not so sure that they actually got 8 points better as much as weather and maybe a "focus" matter came into play. But either way, you're right corbin does have some great assistants on staff. But 8 points is a long way from 40 points. It's also crazy to think that just bell will get better while Corbin doesn't. Nothing against bell co, but the regular season game in corbin will be another running clock or close to it. No disrespect, just saying. I wish bell all the luck in the world unless they're playing us. But there will be no disappointment on the home side of the stands this year
Go Bobcats!
Hound05 Wrote:hahahhaha.. That's a good one doug. Don't ask questions you already know the answer to!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS HOUNDDDDDZZZZZ:redboxer:
:flush:
JustThinking Wrote:Are these laser timed ? If not throw them away.:dontthink

I've not heard anything about them times and how accurate, but them 3 were on a sprint relay team this year and set a school record. So that is pretty darn good. We had a lot of good track teams up on the mountain. How fast they are I don't know, but they are fast.
I don't know what all the discussion about Dud's ability to Coach. Proven time and time again. Bell will be better, Bell will get better as long as he stays, there comes a time when everyone has to hang it up and Dud's time is near, Good luck to Bell Co.:Cheerlead
pjdoug Wrote:Go Bobcats!

Come on doug, stop hiding it. I know you're a closet corbin fan. It's ok bud. You've already got the red down, now we just have to throw away that black, and the mediocre mentality in sports. hahahaha

Heck, you said we already have half your team up here so just come out and say it:please:

Either way I still like ya
Hound05 Wrote:Come on doug, stop hiding it. I know you're a closet corbin fan. It's ok bud. You've already got the red down, now we just have to throw away that black, and the mediocre mentality in sports. hahahaha

Heck, you said we already have half your team up here so just come out and say it:please:

Either way I still like ya

Colonel for Life.
Year in and year out Bell County displays demonstrative power on these forums before the season begins.
‘Ole Dud is a good coach. His resume can’t be disputed. But Bell has fell far from the tree since he left. I also hear he is not as invested in it as he once was. And that came from Bell PARENTS. I don’t know? Just sharing what I was told. But I don’t think he’ll be there long enough to get the program back to where it once was. Add to the situation that surrounding teams have caught up and surpassed them, it’s just not gonna happen IMO. He will make them competitive again and pretty good overall, but title contender? Nope. Anyone who thinks that are just fooling themselves.
Hound05 Wrote:‘Ole Dud is a good coach. His resume can’t be disputed. But Bell has fell far from the tree since he left. I also hear he is not as invested in it as he once was. And that came from Bell PARENTS. I don’t know? Just sharing what I was told. But I don’t think he’ll be there long enough to get the program back to where it once was. Add to the situation that surrounding teams have caught up and surpassed them, it’s just not gonna happen IMO. He will make them competitive again and pretty good overall, but title contender? Nope. Anyone who thinks that are just fooling themselves.

What you said is about right, but it's hard to believe Dudley would accept mediocrity ain't it? Smile
Is it true Bell Co recieved a standout transfer from Bearden High School out of Knoxville, TN. Will be starting QB.
Our numbers have came up and our kids look like old Bell Co football.. The off season was huge for us!!
Any news on this kid that transfer in or is it just hear say
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:Any news on this kid that transfer in or is it just hear say

:yawn: You all are getting worse than Tennessee fans, your winning another ring every off season. Then season rolls around and you get smacked down again, 42-8 better have more than a quarterback move in :lmao:
Kid is a really good athlete and he has always seemed to be a really good kid. Not sure how he got back down that way as his family lives in Knoxville but he is great pickup for Bell.
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:Any news on this kid that transfer in or is it just hear say

He's been at practice. So he's good to go. They're trying to get Ray Ray Thompson back as well from Knoxville Catholic High School. Both of these kids are from Middlesboro. Moved to Knoxville for sports now both might end up back.
Football_Maniac Wrote:Kid is a really good athlete and he has always seemed to be a really good kid. Not sure how he got back down that way as his family lives in Knoxville but he is great pickup for Bell.

He's living with the Thomas family.
Legally?
BellCo18 Wrote:He's been at practice. So he's good to go. They're trying to get Ray Ray Thompson back as well from Knoxville Catholic High School. Both of these kids are from Middlesboro. Moved to Knoxville for sports now both might end up back.

Ray Ray won a state championship last year at Catholic! Bell County is a distant memory of his im sure!
Not A Bell COUNTY fan...… but Dudley will have them rolling 9-1 8-2 at worst... Very fast and athletic and the old bird gets them stronger if anyone likes it or not
Trashtalker Wrote:Not A Bell COUNTY fan...… but Dudley will have them rolling 9-1 8-2 at worst... Very fast and athletic and the old bird gets them stronger if anyone likes it or not

I dont know who their non-conference games are, so maybe plausible if its a weaker schedule.. I've heard it is, but I haven't seen it so I wont speculate. But I'd almost 100% guarantee they'll lose to Corbin and probably Casey (I think its @ casey this year) in district play. It was a shoot out last year between bell and Casey and I believe it was at bell. Casey has steadily improved every year, while I don't know what they lost or gained, I still believe it will be a tough game for bell driving all that way to play there. Plus, just as Bell "is getting better" so is Coach Stonebreaker and Casey. That man has done the impossible over there. So 8-2 in the reg season isn't that far off if its a weak schedule. They still wont make it out of the 2nd round, which im pretty sure is way below the standards of the old days......
I’m going to say Bell goes 6-4 7-5 overall

Losses to Whitley, Casey, Corbin, Harlan Co, Corbin

Whitley and Harlan Co are prob 50/50 games

Then again it’s hard to bet against the old fart - or whatever haddix called him.
Dudley has closed the gap from 50 to 26 in four games. Look for it to be even closer this year.
Football_Maniac Wrote:I’m going to say Bell goes 6-4 7-5 overall

Losses to Whitley, Casey, Corbin, Harlan Co, Corbin

Whitley and Harlan Co are prob 50/50 games

Then again it’s hard to bet against the old fart - or whatever haddix called him.

Whitley Co lost Coach Frazier. That team won't be the same this year.
BellCo18 Wrote:Whitley Co lost Coach Frazier. That team won't be the same this year.
They also lost 18 seniors. That will change the look quite a bit.
Didn’t Harlan county lose a bunch of seniors to
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next